1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Legendary Resistance V 0.999

Submitted by Acutesharpness
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Game Description:

Legendary Resistance is developed in 2019, its focus mainly surrounds the player(s) defending the Castle until they are strong enough to dominate the attacker, they are controlled by the computer player. This game can hold up to 10 players and starting resources are lower for more players. The difficulty is also slightly more when it has more players. Players control a Hero, can cast spells, use items, and upgrade their gear. Players may also invest in building of Towers or researching their Altar for other benefits. Temporary healing and restoring runes are available in the Castle for quicker restoring and Tomes are also available for purchase there. Gaining resources are mainly based on dealing and taking damage, experience are mainly gained by kills. Estimated game time is about 1 hour and is suppose to be shorter with more players.

Acutesharpness presents Legendary Resistance:

This is one of my latest projects along with many others in my signature, I am previously using Destiny.Knight username and I was thinking of changing due to problems with other users also holding that name, then Hiveworkshop had a new update and I have integrated my account to the new nickname. I am a professional programmer and also learnt almost all tricks programming has to offer. I am more concerned about glitches and limited processing than anything else. This project will be released by 2020 but it is extremely playable even in the Beta stage and I want to hear what the community here has to say about this, at least at my prime, how my skills have changed over the years.

Features:

As shown previously, this is different from DotA because there is no enemy players, everyone is fighting against a computer player. There are Tomes, rewards are based mostly on damage and kills do not give you as much advantage. Upgrading of gear refers to the ability to research in a Blacksmith which allows players to upgrade their Hero up to a maximum of 10 times. This game has 20 levels for the abilities of the Hero and maximum level of the Hero is 100. Fade system, as a being is killed, it starts to fade away from the game, it takes 11 seconds to fully remove a being and has limited lag optimization, after 6 seconds, or 3 seconds depending on the being type, it can be used for corpse summons.

Quality:

This map has almost zero memory leaks, I fixed most memory leaks to the best of my knowledge. The game play functions with a touch of difficulty that keeps players engaged until about 1 hour time where the game starts to swing toward the favor of Human side. There were multiple public test made before posting the map here for review, and all known glitches for icons and descriptions, game play glitches has been fixed from 0.1 to 0.5 Beta versions.

Release:

Although this version is not a complete release, it is currently very close to what is expected of an actual release with mostly, more Heroes and items, from the current version. This post will definitely be updated toward release with more content, the current amount of content is ready for playing. The full release with more Hero, items, upgrades will be near 2020.

Language:

The description of the game is fully written in English.

Credits:

There are currently no credits as there are no imports of custom models or icons.

Compatibility:

This map works with the latest version of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Heroes

Mountain King: Storm Bolt, Thunder Clap, Bash, Attribute Bonus and Avatar.
The Mountain King has balanced fighting powers and can stun big enemies with his attacks and spells, Avatar is his main source of defense to survive in long term fights.

Demon Hunter: Soul Beam, Immolation, Reflex, Attribute Bonus and Demon Form.
The Demon Hunter has the highest damage output in the game, however he has weak defense and only start to gain in defense in the later part of the game, he is very weak in the early part of the game.

Tinker: Rapid Rockets, Pocket Factory, Engineering Upgrade, Attribute Bonus and Mega Robot.
The Tinker has very strong early and late potential as he is able to quickly upgrade his abilities and also do a heavy impact at the early stage of the game.

Paladin: Holy Light, Divine Shield, Devotion Aura, Attribute Bonus, Resurrection.
The Paladin is the most durable class of all the other classes, but he is only strong in the early stage of the game and is fairly average at the later part. However, he is able to take a lot of damage without being easily eliminated.

Priestess of the Moon: Owl Scout, Searing Arrows, Trueshot Aura, Attribute Bonus and Starfall.
The Priestess of the Moon excels in almost all parts of the game, However due to limited mana pool, she is unable to stay at her peak, with sufficient mana, she will be able to perform well.

Blood Mage: Flame Strike, Banish, Siphon, Attribute Bonus and Phoenix.
The Blood Mage has strong area effect damage and the strongest ultimate in the game. he is limited by his ability to do attack damage, However his abilities overcome this problem.

More Heroes in game to be discovered.

Screen shots

Hero Selection
[​IMG]

Flame Strike

[​IMG]

Crafting
[​IMG]

Item Shop
[​IMG]

Power ups
[​IMG]

Contents

Legendary Resistance V 0.999 (Map)

Reviews
Blasterixx
Ok i played the map once with some random players, was pretty nice, hard at first but got easier later after our spells got stronger and with the upgrades from the blacksmiths, i see the map is still in beta, but it looks decent already!...
deepstrasz
This is not a tower defense (map tag). It's more of an Offense/Defense map. The map lags for some reason. Check your leaks and loops. Warcraft III spells. Not only that but also heroes. Why not try custom stuff? Spells | HIVE Warcraft III units,...
Alexen
The author is continuing to update the map. Set the status to Awaiting Update.
  1. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    1 - Screenshots required - Map Description - Templates
    2 - " Although this version is not a complete release " there's the Map Development section on Hive

2. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay will add screen shots later. I already posted in Map Development.

3. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  4. Blasterixx

Blasterixx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok i played the map once with some random players, was pretty nice, hard at first but got easier later after our spells got stronger and with the upgrades from the blacksmiths, i see the map is still in beta, but it looks decent already!

~~Bugs/Negatives:~~

- I noticed every hero has different upgrades which is interesting, i guess it makes sense for spell casters to have more mana heavy upgrades rather than dmg ones, but i still think that every hero should be able to upgrade his dmg,especially every str and agi hero(for ex. the Priestess of the moon didn't have any dmg upgrades, only attack speed ones, the rest were all for hp/mp/mana regen).

- The items cost a bit too much gold(especially the 5k gold one, we were finishing the game and i barely managed to buy 1 before the game ended).

- Even tho there are lots of items, i felt like most of them were pretty low level and useless(especially since we start already with a full inventory), i suggest adding more higher lvl items like the 5k gold ones, but lower the price, and of course maybe some easy recipes(for ex. 2 claws + 2 boots of +6 agi = a 50 dmg and 20 agi item and so on).

- Starfall hurts allies as well(not sure its intended or not).

- Players are able to click on the undead units and see their spells, even beeing able to use them as well(not sure its intended, but it seems cool to know what the enemy units have just by clicking on them, pretty unique thing).

- There should be a tome of unlearning spells as well to be able to retrain them in case players might not like their curent build.

- There were some fps drops from time to time, might cause a crash if the game goes for too long, so check and see what causes them.

- Even tho the gameplay was good, it got a bit boring after a while since we were only fighting against the same undead units from the start of the game, so i suggest adding some bosses :spell_breaker:/enemy heroes as well that spawn from time to time to spice things up, they could have items and when the players manage to kill them those items will drop as a reward + some gold/wood for the team.
    - After the heroes destroy the Black citadel in the corner i suggest again adding an extra boss that spawns from it :nemor:, to end the game with a cool boss fight aka 1 last resort from the enemy, The boss should move towards the castle to destroy it so the players are on a timer as well and shouldn't be able to just ignore it.

- The last thing i guess would be the overall design and aesthetics of the human base, looks really bad at the moment, but since its just beta i asume will get more beautiful in the future.

~~Overall its a pretty decent and cute defense/survival map, it got great potential, looking foward for the future versions and good luck with the project!:thumbs_up:

5. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I added screen shots to the description.

Thanks for the rating and feedback, hope you enjoyed your time playing the game. Currently, there are design ideas in development, I shall address a few concerns that you have.

The 5k gold item were put in place for the ultimate end game scenario and assuming that the player achieve that amount should be only carrying one of those item, a team game should have enough push power to not need that item but if the push fails, the item can allow the team to easily survive and try again.

Starfall like many of the area effect abilities are very strong, aside from Shockwave, Thunder Clap and some others which are cheaper and weaker, the strong spells are kept using Blizzard Entertainment's defaults to keep balance and skillful placements in check, I will keep track of what Blizzard Entertainment thinks about this once Reforged is out.

This feature was initially intended for players to only see the abilities of enemies but it turns out it can also allow the player to force cast active abilities, I am thinking either to remove or keep it and very aware of this.

In some of my public test runs many have also suggested unlearning tomes but this is not as important because players can still buy levels to fill the remaining abilities and also allow more replay-ability if they made mistakes in skilling early on.

These issues have happened to some of my public testing runs when ping above 400 is unstable for late game graphic adaptation in attempt to improve graphics, a good network speed is hence recommended and I am also aware that this issue is mainly due to the number of kills at any given time, I will think of a solution so that it does not require good connection to keep the game going at the later stages.
    The FPS drop is also due to processor usage by the map to make good graphics, mostly CPU, no GPU should be used in those cases.

Boss fights are also in the development works, definitely out of Beta but currently design work has been tiring and also demanding at this stage, I am currently definitely looking at some sort of Boss fight sequences, early or late into the game.

Lastly, thanks so much for contributing to this map, those ideas will be kept in considerations, I am also glad that you liked your time playing the games. See you next time when this is updated ;]

Edit: V0.59B : Lots of Hero balances and game difficulty changes, moving toward Version 1.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is not a tower defense (map tag). It's more of an Offense/Defense map.
    1. The map lags for some reason. Check your leaks and loops.
    2. Warcraft III spells. Not only that but also heroes. Why not try custom stuff? Spells | HIVE
    3. Warcraft III units, buildings, items.
    4. Intended to be able to choose the next level of a spell on the following level up instead of after the second level up?
    5. Abilities need proper descriptions. How many levels, what does each level offer exactly? Learn about tooltips:
      Tooltip Tutorial
      Creating Good Descriptions
    6. Gameplay is very repetitive.
    7. Few unit types. No enemy heroes.
    8. Mask of Death gives 11% life steal for 5000 gold but Serathil gives 10 and 25 damage bonus for 1000 gold?
    9. Long Rifles upgrade doesn't do anything. Also, the upgrades for units don't say how many they are.
    10. Allied units get back to base instead of going forward at times.
    It's unpolished, incomplete and not properly working.
    Please refer to Map Development for works in progress.
    It's a wannabe be StarCraft Special Forces genre map.
    About that you should get inspired:

But we've already have something like that: Skeletal Annihilation 2.96

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

7. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you deepstrasz for reviewing the map.

I shall address a few concerns on your post.

The map developed is using a processor graphical alteration to produce the Hero fade effect on multiple units, may be that's why blizzard did not add that effect on normal units. It will spend much of processing power and therefore will lag some computers though not all, it is probably not caused by leaks.

I feel the default spells are good for what the Hero is shown, although some of them were changes slightly to fit more toward solo Hero defense style. I am also planning to try out different model Heroes as the version progress.

I feel greatly that Blizzard Entertainment has done an incredible job balancing those units, I would like to explore more on what some of the custom models would appear in game as well.

The ability skill tree is intended for per level to be upgraded and some better abilities with 2 level skip while Ultimate goes for every 5 levels.

Every ability has a maximum level of 20.

Currently there are plans for boss fights but due to my limited internet connection I am sadly unable to host games, but most pubs thinks there needs to be a end game boss.
    *Clears throat* This game is highly not recommended for single player but if you ever did try to play it on your own, press the restart when things get bad, it has auto save in single player, it's not cheating, just taking a break you know.

I will work on those tier undeads and boss fights hopefully when inspiration hit again, currently there is no need for additional levels until the initial game play has be smooth out with public testing.

Mask of Death was actually nerfed to become a damage item from 50% life steal since the need for healing is not very important later on since the armor values can go to extreme levels for the Heroes.
    I am unsure if the damage needs to be increased further as the cheaper option is to buy the axe and get over with 25 damage instead of 100+ damage.

Long Rifles only works for Riflemen, Alliance and players are seperate.

I am assuming you have accidentally ordered them back along with your Hero but from my testings they seem to move quite well.

Even though I have tried to make the game better, it seems like it had not reached the standard view of what the moderators perceive but anyway thanks for the time to review the map, I am a different man now.
    I am sure many of the staffs know what I do and have seen my past work, my countless failed projects and how critical some of the comments were but reforged is coming and I am looking forward to it.

Edit: V 0.61B: Balanced Alliance's military researches.
    Edit: V 0.62B: Difficulty increased, Limited mass wave for first wave and late game.
    Edit: V 0.63B: Fixed a zero gold error with Undead.
    Edit: V 0.64B: Fortified the armor of buildings further. Added extra experience points to certain eliminations.
    Edit: V0.65B: Some Hero changes, map is ready for deployment.
    Edit: V0.66B: Adjusted difficulty, map playable for single player.
    Edit: V0.67B: More changes to tooltips and game balance, Human troops adjusted.
    Edit: V0.68B: Change log, Ghouls now give +1 bonus experience, Serathil no longer gives life steal, instead the Hero gain bonus attack speed, Game difficulty reworked as progress will slow down as each stage evolves, Due to difficulty change the Alliance will only start with 1 Footman and 1 Rifleman each wave, Note: That's it for now, leave a comment and I will try to add in any features that fits the game!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  8. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Change log: V 0.69

- Competitive multiplayer (Many difficulty increase for each player slot active)
    - Selling items now at 99% (Up from 75% Sell price)
    - Speed difficulty now scales faster with each player.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  9. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Warning major bug found in v0.73B and will be uploaded shortly, please do not, I repeat do not play the map prior to release. *I promised to go back to a trigger that I never did and forgot and now I found out.

0.78: Difficulty increase.
    0.79: Balanced difficulty.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  10. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The author is continuing to update the map. Set the status to Awaiting Update.

11. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    will test it again soon and decide if is ok for approval

12. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    0.80 - 0.81: Game difficulty polish.
    0.82 - 0.83: Reforged related map fixes.
    0.84: Abilities balance, minor lag fixes.
    0.85: 4 new items introduced, completing Marketplace.
    0.86: Added quest log, Computer intelligence for Alliance.
    0.87: Improvement to Computer Intelligence for Alliance, Version stable.
    0.88: Updated reforged model, improved Computer Intelligence for Alliance.
    0.89: Rebalance difficulty, improved Computer Intelligence for Alliance.
    0.90: Difficulty increased.
    0.91: Computer Intelligence improved, difficulty increased.
    0.92: Attempt to fix unknown desync issue.
    0.93: Finally the desync issue was nailed down, network overload and codes changed.
    0.94: Reverted reforged models for classic, fixed some glitches.

Next version in progress, and more plans toward release, it will take some time.
    Please note that version past 0.87 are reforged updates, do not play in classic. (Hopefully Blizzard fix this)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  13. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The map is not showing in game. Tried with both 1.31 and 1.32, not appearing. Tried to rename the title to a shorter thing, still didn't work. @deepstrasz can you try as well, please? At this point, I cannot test this and moderate it.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can also confirm for 1.29.2 and 1.27. Possibly, it was saved with Reforged. I don't have that.

15. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys I've updated to allow models and icons for classic for 0.94 and a lot of balance changes, preparing for release.

0.95 - 0.97: Massive balance changes and fixes.
    0.98A: The most stable version before major release patch V1.
    0.98B: Fix for Undead collision, suitable for 3 players and above now.
    0.98C: Fix a difficulty glitch that causes stacking difficulty in the later part of game.
    0.98D: Fixed some other stuff, a major stacking spawn glitch.
    0.98E: Fixed lumber reward, multiplayer scaling fixed, difficulty increased.
    0.98F: Difficulty balance for multiplayer, lumber reward fixes and additional healing zone.
    0.99: Addition survival rewards, fixes to some minor issues.
    0.99A: Level up rewards, game timer added, minor fixes.
    0.99B: Tower cost, troop training time, lots of minor fixes.
    0.99C: Major Hero balance changes.
    (Details in quests during play)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  16. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Tried to test it, still doesn't work on 1.31. Can you do something about it ?

17. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I heard from the posts you have to make a new folder in the map, I have not personally try offline mode...

Edit: A new series of edition before release, with a new Hero addition on release.

V0.9904: Alliance troops adjustments and additional footman spawn. Troops can no longer hold or buy items.
    V0.991: Difficulty increased to fix easy mode.
    V0.992: Game pace improved, now more fun.
    V0.993: Starting gold income removed, Attribute Bonus has been balanced.
    V0.994-0.995: Minor fixes to game flow.
    V0.996: Some fixes and display fixes for bounty, more details in quest.
    V0.997: Added bounty for kills and some minor fixes.
    V0.997b: Fixed size issues, added bounty reward every 10 score.
    v0.997c: Fixed bounty reward every 10 score and more experience gains. Minor difficulty increase.
    v0.997d: Difficulty increased.
    V0.998: Slight difficulty increase, pocket feature for buildings.
    V0.999: Stabilized game for next version as release, Tweaks to stun duration, first wave no longer spawn at the start.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020