• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Crossroads v.08 Protected

First map I've actually finished, just a small map i made to mess around with some stuff.
Only Orcs and Humans have been edited, I find that I wont be able to modify Undead and Night Elves due to the fact that this map has a large filesize. If some people want me to, I will try to squeeze in a few units.
Pros for Humans
-Conscripts made from Farms are generally superior to the Orcs Pig Warriors
-Humans have good "commander units", such as Captains, and Sergeants which the Orcs lack.
-Humans have slightly better ranged units than Orcs due to the fact of their Elven and Dwarven Allies
-Humans have good Mid-Late Game units, mostly Dwarven Tanks and Aircraft, but also superior Elven infantry.
Pros for Orcs
-Pig Warriors are fast, both in combat and movement speed.
-All units made in the barracks have superior health and attack compared to the Humans Barracks.
-Early game ranged Orcs are not that great, but allied Trolls and Goblins are excellent in mid-late game combat
-Ogres are the strongest infantry unit
-Goblins can research the Kamikaze ability, which gives several Goblins Kaboom!, which has been buffed.
-Good heroes, Chosen One has good spells, and the other heroes have been slightly buffed.

As far as I can see, the game seems pretty balanced. Ive hosted this multiple times to the public, and overall, they liked the map alot.
If you find any bugs, if i didnt give credit to someone, then pm me, or post here. I appreciate feedback, and I plan on making more versions of this.

Keywords:
Altered, Melee, Orc, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Troll, Ogre, Goblin, Legendary, Crossroads,
Contents

Legendary Crossroads v.09 Protected (Map)

Reviews
04:00, 19th Jun 2008 Septimus: Under the request of the mini moderator itself, this map is approve without further test been conduct at it.

M

04:00, 19th Jun 2008
Septimus:

Under the request of the mini moderator itself, this map is approve without further test been conduct at it.

Level 30
il mod this map
okey

The map is fun i msut admit i enjoyed it but
- the trees are way to close to eachother. its real annoying if you have a huge army.
- the AI computer is realy weak.. finished him off in ten minuts in first attack.
- some 'create units buttons' are realy seperated (in barracks)
- the creeps shouldn't be on the road so you have to fight em but in a distant place so the player can choose.
- id like to see a whole orc andhuman change ! however that would be hard.

neutral: those General Frank models are overused on battlenet these models are like standard MPQ of a custom map xD ( not that they aren't sweet) but still its getting a lil bit ... unoriginal

note to general frank: Make more models!

for the rest i dont have complainings but i must say that your whole tank/unitshop/heroreviver is a realy sweet idea
3/5 aproved take a look at those things and ul get 4/5

Last edited:
Level 22
:D thnx man.
some things tho:
AI doesnt work for humans or orcs, they just get suck on tier 1 and continiously build grunts/footmen. If youre gonna play with AI, i recommend you play against NE/Undead, or just play on bnet.
ill try to remove a few trees, maybe the bandits too. ill try to bunch up the icons as well.
which models are overused tho? the orc warlord?
I actually did modify about 95% of both the humans or orc races. for example: all the heroes have been slightly buffed, and almost all the units have recieved alittle more hp/attack to balance things out for the uber tanks i added.
the only things i didnt really touch were the spellcasters, but i didnt think they really needed anything anyways.
Ill try to update my map sometime this week, probably by friday, ill also start working on either undead/NE mods if people want it

Level 16
Yes do so and really.. seriusly remove trees..and the tree hp was to big it takes eternity for 5 peons to cut down 1 tree XD... and it has a tiny space so my units sometimes got stuck somewhere and i had to destroy my buildings.. i see that u made 4 heros max well why dont u remove the usuall heros and leave only the costume heros :D
-u made a lot of changes as far as i can see... 4/5 PLEASE! REMOVE TREES cos ill suecide..xD
- - - knight26 - - -

Level 22
yah, the reason why i increased trees hp 5x was since most of the trees you see are inaccesible due to pathing blockers, since in real life people cant run up cliffs right? and you still need the lumber resource.
but i want to still keep the old heroes, it adds somthing to it.
creeps are real near bases, ( well some of em) and if you dont kill em fast, they will get annoying. ill try to move those around too

Last edited:
Level 22
hehe, srry for double post, but i dont know how to update :\
EDIT: nvm, figured it out. forgot to put in the changes:
-Goblin Auto turret/land mines are buildable via goblin engineers
-New fountain of health at the bottom of the map
-Roads/paths have been widened
-alot of trees removed

Off topic: I just started a more indepth altered melee map. it'll be two factions, Empire and Chaos. with my newfound knowledge of triggers and such, i hope to make this map alot bigger, better, and more fun. Hopefully