• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Bosses v.4d

Reactions: jxtranghero
Official release is here. Enjoy.

Legendary Bosses is a map where your goal is to team up with random players or friends on a quest to slay bosses and acquire fancy loot. The map is for 5 players and has features like save/loading and an item-type limitation that allows you to wear 1 helm, 1 armor etc. Playing with friends with Teamspeak, Ventrilo or Skype is extremely helpful especially for the later and harder bosses as Teamwork is going to determine how far you go. Also, playing with friends is just more fun :) .

Legendary Bosses is a map that I made and used to update about 4-5 months ago. It got a lot of positive feedback and was holding on the top 5 maps for a long time which was quite an accomplishment for me since it was my first serious project. Then with the release of Starcraft 2 I thought that WC3 will slowly start to die out so I move on the Galaxy Editor, but found out that I dont have the patience to learn how to work with it properly. Now after so much time I decided to pick the map back up, polished it a little, balanced it and stuff, but still this is a Beta version because there is lots of improvement to be done.

The action takes place inside a dimensional prison where the worst of all evil beings and bloodhungry Gods were kept, but then the 4 Saviours who were keeping everything in balance died and now 5 brave souls must enter the bodies of one of the greatest soldiers who were once defeated in battle.
For information and history of every boss just enter the F9 menu ingame.

Elementalist - A ranged DPS/Support. Very useful in groups for AoE, heal and Mana Regeneration Aura. Also a beast in PvP if played correctly.
Difficulty: |||
Tauren Clawmaster - A Tank/Support melee. Extremely friendly to healers and spellcasters as he can burn his mana to regen the mana of everyone around him. His mana does not regenerate, but it "goes up" with every hit he deals. Also cannot go past 100.
Difficulty: ||
Light Soldier - A melee Tank/Healer. Useful in any kind of scenario no matter what boss you are doing. He is an amazing party member to have in a beginner's group as he can tank extremely well and keep his allies alive. Currently the easiest tank due to his Defensive Stance.
Deadeye - A ranged DPS. This hero might seem easy, but using his spells to their full potential might training time. His pure damage style is unique for the map as most of the other heroes are used for DPS and Support at the same time. Experiment with different item combinations and spell combinations to find the most effective way to DPS with this beast. Deadeye is one of the deadliest PvP opponents to go against if played with some brainz.
Spell Hunter - A melee DPS/Support. This aswell is one hero that takes time to learn how to play efficiently. Playing him as a pure DPS won't be as helpful for a group as his spells don't allow him to deal high amounts of damage, but playing him as a Support/DPS hybrid will have amazing results.
Difficulty: ||||
Priest - A ranged Healer. If you are not willing to have atleast 3 Support heroes in your group than the Priest is a must-have. Healing is what he is born for, but don't be fooled - his PvP is not just Hits+Heals... If played correctly, he can carry out an entire group without using any Support heroes in the party.
Crypt Knight - A melee DPS. This hero is build for pure DPS and PvP, but he can use his stun or sleep to kite bosses or take care of Adds. He can be used for offtanking on some bosses as he can easily reset aggro with Impale if someone other than the tank is being chased. If using a correct build, this machine is unstoppable in PvP.
Difficulty: |
War Captain - A melee Tank. This is a hero that is perfect for people trying to learn the art of pure tanking. Taunt and War Stomp are an excellent way of taking back aggro when the boss is after someone. Can also be used as a DPS if needed.
Shaman: A ranged Support/DPS/Healer. Probably the hardest hero to play efficiently, the Shaman is the most useful Hero available due to his ability to be needed on any kind of boss fight. Not only does he have 4 Totems that he can manually summon that give buffs or Regenerate mana and health, but his feral spirits can offtank adds or bosses if needed for a few hits, his Shamanic Touch can heal or deal damage depending on the target, and his AoE spell that also slows the target - perfect for kitting around. Mastering the shaman takes some time, but is worth it. Can be amazing in PvP aswell.
Difficulty: |||||

war32011022423532645.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
war32011022222020536.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
war32011022423511995.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
war32011022423524369.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry for the bad screens. I will upload more once I remember to start Fraps while playing.

Beta1: First Beta version release.
Beta2: Fixed Spell Button Positions, Higher Drop Rates, Fixes a few bugs and glitches.
Beta3: Changes Boss Armor Type, Dragon Potions can now be used, Scroll Buffs now stack with Roar and other Hero buffs, Drop rate of later bosses is about 10% higher, Deadeye doesn't have a helm between his feet anymore, very small balances changes and added some new abilities to some of the Harder bosses.
Beta4: New Spell Hunter Model, new War Captain model, new spell for Elementalist that replaced Crafted Lightning, Buffed Troll Tribes encounter and changed some stuff of the latest bosses.
Beta5: War Captain model made bigger, Elementalist new spell that replaces Napalm Strike, Last 2 Bosses have a new fight Mechanic aswell as the Archangel, you will not be attacked anymore in the Item Destroying zone and it will soon be removed.
Beta6: Fleshward Immolate working, Buffed Cho'Lizein Spells, Fixed Unlimited lifes at Deathscream, Al'Konos now has Rain of Fire.
Beta6.5: Fixed the Deathscream Life bug, Fleshward now working properly, Buffed Cho'Lizein's spells and T'Xaniz will not take away Medallions when he dies anymore
Beta7: Fixed Medallion bugs, War Captain has a new spell, Spell Hunter has a new spells, Elementalist has a new Spell and Deathscream now working properly - you have 1 wipe available!
Beta8: Every class has 1 more spell that doesnt need to be leveled (except the Tauren), Spells have been improved and some spell have been replaced, Legendary mod has been removed, Elementalist's Offhand item has a different effect now.
Beta8.5: Replace the WoW-ripped model of Jah'Zodeth.
Beta9: Critical from Axe of the Strong fixed, Fleshward Dreadking hopefully scripted 100%, Increased damage of Cho'Lizein's Impale, fixed minor bugs and messed around with the terrain.
Beta9b: Changed the model of T'Xaniz, making the map smaller, changed the model of the Light Soldier, Changed the model that Tentacle of T'Xaniz.
Beta9c: New Nature Protector mechanic and reduced CD on Wound Poison.
Official Release: New Story on every boss - more interesting and simple, New boss - Hemez.
v2a: New Boss, Fixed Frost Armor Hotkey
v2b: New War Captain spell that replaces his Body Bash
v2c: Buffed Arcane Disruption, Buffed Ball Lightning, fixed Redempticon's range of auras on the ground, decreased Jahguards' movement speed from 50 to 25
v2d: Fixed Holy Items, Magical Pen Walls can now be destroyed, Elementalist can now save after casting Ball Lightning
v3b: New Boss, Crafted Items now work properly, Ball Lightning CD is now 8 and more small bug fixes
v3c: Fixed Trolls enter bug, Haset's spells work fine now and Remmock does his DoT and drops the right items.
v4a: new boss and a lot of fixes (will add boss history later today)
v4b: fixed the damage reduction from armor, new Deadeye ability that replaces Shadowstep, fixed Spirit Attunement for Light Soldier
v4c: new Elementalist spell
v4d: Spiritual Attunement revamped, Lifestone now works (hopefully), reduced bonus armor from Flame to 4, decreased the Movement speed of Death balls in T'Xaniz's room from 150 to 90

Useful Beginner Information

• Map must be played with a minimum of 4 players. Max = 5 Players
  • You cannot kill every boss in 1 game - Bosses don't always drop items you need.
  • Investing Marks of Legends for Potions is worth it. Boss Drop > Shop Items
  • Try the first bosses in this order - Leafprince, Snowfall, Sorangar and Trolls.
  • Farm these bosses 3-4 times because after that it gets hard. You will need full gear from them.
  • The best Hero combination for beginners is:
    Clawmaster+Priest+Elementalist+Shaman+Spell Hunter

FAQ
1. How much bosses are available at the moment?
2. Does the map support Player vs Player combat?
-Yes, there are 3 Battlegrounds where you fight for Medallions of Courage in a Free for All style battle.
3. Is there a save/load system?
-Yes. Thank you TriggerHappy!
4. Is there a system that allows the Hero to wear only 1 helm, 1 armor etc.?
-Yes. you can only wear 1 Armor, 1 Helm, 1 Main Hand and 1 Offhand. The other 2 slots are for Potions, Keys and other miscalenous items.
5. Does the game require dedication, skill, good Teamwork and even TeamSpeak for any kind of success?
-The first 4-5 Bosses can be done without a problem, but the later encounters, especially the last 2-3 Bosses require knowledge of the fight, advanced unit control and yes, TeamSpeak is required, because typing takes too long sometimes and 1 mistake can be critical or can even cause a wipe.
7. When is the Official Release of the map going to happen?
-When I can play it and not find any bugs or when people stop reporting bugs. I'm hoping this can happen in the next 2-3 weeks or sooner since me and my little "guild" haven't yet made it to the later bosses.

Videos:

Please post down any bugs you find and post your thoughts on the map.

Keywords:
legendary, bosses, boss, epic, fight, troll, highlord, lord, king, god anyvia
Contents

Legendary Bosses v.4d (Map)

Reviews
22:43, 24th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 7
Can anyone help me? I got a problem, I want to start modding again but the problem is my laptop got virus, it needs to be reformat and then Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne is missing. I've been searching for the Warcraft 3 Full Expansion set over 4 hours yesterday, 2 hours from now; July8,2011. Please send me the link for the complete. Advanced Thank you to everyone who will help me.

What does this have to do with this thread? Stay on topic please.