• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legacy of the Damned Reworked v1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Legacy of the Damned, a Warcraft lll Reworked project that I am creating.
This is the original campaign but with many things added by me. I tried to make game feel like Warcraft lll but with slightly more units in fights, but not like Starcraft ll.

I wrote all AI scripts, made all changes to map but I got some help from Lordul Dracula and Xeranth87 for the unit icons (to make them work properly).

Any criticism is more than welcome.

Mission 1: few custom units and cool changed to Kel'Thuzad.

Mission 2: no build missions I did not do much on them since they were hard to balance too. A little change but that's it.

Mission 3: A lot of custom units that Sylvanas uses that Arthas does not. Made new triggers. For example: taking control of the Murloc leader gives you control of all the murlocs. Same with the other leaders like the trolls. Enemy bases also use demon units that they summon from Portals.

Mission 4: a lot has been changed. I didn't want the player to suffer so he can still attack the Naga base and to go the objective. But the player can now also help his allied Nerubian to kill some naga, blood elves and dwarves. The ally will help you with Vashj afterwards. More custom units and spells too. Also a separate Nerubian race has been created for the player. Combining the strenght of both the undead and nerubians (separate worker unit for the nerubians too). The Nerubians don't have a Great Hall. Instead, they use a living, captured Nerubian to return gold and lumber to. It can move around which is the good part.

Mission 5: Varimathras has 3 new abilities (removed Sleep and Vampiric Aura for them). One of the abilities was made with 90% of the effect of it by triggers. Detheroc also uses demons , using even stronger Portals than Varimathras in mission 3. Varimathras' forces also help you with attacking the undead and humans throughout the mission.

Mission 6: a lot of changes. Same as before, Varimathras has the new ablities and his forces also help you with defending and attacking. The Humans have been divided into 3 "parts". .
. Garithos' base is now an AI ally with a custom hero that attacks Balnazzar. A dwarven base below the humans' base was also entirely created by me, using quite a few custom units. Both for the humans and the dwarves. The dwarves also attack Balnazzar. The player can still control Garithos himself, with a small army of humans.
Garithos can now use Pack Horses to gather gold. This gold will go to Sylvanas' bank. But beware, 3 additional undead bases have been created entirely by me and they attack the humans and dwarves very hard.

Mission 7: only Part One has been slightly edited but adding 2 custom units to the dwarves. In Part Two, Forgotten One is slightly stronger. In Part Three, enemies are slightly strongeri n the final fight.

Mission 8: Two extra bases attack you and your ally. Your ally is quite powerful, especially if you aid him. The locatins of 2 of the Obelisks has been changed, making the map bigger. Quite a lot of new custom units have been added to the Naga and Blood Elves and the Sorcerers have a new ability for example. Same for the Blood Elven Mage hero.
Illidan is now guarded from Naga Myrmidons from the start instead of the weak Naga Reavers and he also has a splash attack in his demon form that can damage his allies and himself.

Mission 1: made demi-hero necromancers a bit stronger and revivable (during all missions except no build missions). Sylvanas has a new ability from now on as well.

Mission 2: changed a few enemy units and added a few more. Gave 1 extra bility to the arch necromancer.

Mission 3: not changed since I like it the way it is.

Mission 4: fixed some stuff and added an optional boss fight that gives rewards when you kill him. Gave a new ability to Anubar as well.

Mission 5: not many changes cause I liked it the way it was.

Mission 6: Added Kel'thuzad, who fights both Sylvanas and Balnazzar (Balnazzar fights him as well). Also made Balnazzar a bit stronger and he's also so strong that infernals start raining from the skies around the map and in your base(s). Changed the way Garithos works, now units for him will automatically spawn every X minutes.
Also changed units of Balnazzar, removed voidwalkers and felguards. Now he uses more doom guards and fel stalkers.

Mission 7A: removed some of the dwarves that I added before, to make it easier. Queen Nezar'azret appears on normal difficulty as well and has more HP and 1 extra ability. Also you can find more crypt fiends to rescue around the map.

Mission 7B: made a new mini boss fight.

Mission 7C: Arthas' Shadow of Darkness ability will become stronger after encountering Anub'arak.

Mission 8: Big changes: reduced difficulty quite a lot, so it's not almost impossible.
Now the allied undead guards 1 of the obelisks as well, beware since he will be attack quite heavily after a while and will die if you do not help from time to time.

Added 2 new entire missions (made by me) where the choices you make carry over to the next mission. 1 mission for Arthas and 1 for Sylvanas. The outcome of your choice either determines the enemy during the next mission or your ally/allies (a.k.a: making the mission easier as a compensation of doing an optional quest for example).

Other changes were done like giving the Undead Warlock a Charm ability (weak one) or for example giving the Nerubian Archmage a new Frostbite ability.

I tinkered more with the final mission, especially Illidan's AI and the obelisks.
Illidan's army will now become bigger the more obelisks he has under control (and smaller the less obelisks he controls).

Other small, insignificant changes were done that I cannot fully remember but mostly units balance, or making the new Sylvanas units fully undead so they're not affected by Disease Cloud.

And finally, things like Arthas not having hero glow or some heroes having maxed out abilities on level 8 or 9 are intentional. And things like units changing their gold, lumber or food costs on different missions are all intentional (to adapt to each map individually).

Special thanks to:

Ujimasa Hojo
Kwaliti
Sellenisko
General Frank
Alok
-Grendel
67chrome
Sin'dorei 300
HateCrew
AndrewOverload519
tomoraider
Kitabatake
Wandering Soul
Kuhnghetz
Trainquil
IamMclovin
Edge45
84chrome
Himperion
johnwar
Direfury
MatiS
Callahan
Eagle XI
Tarrasque

For all the unit and icon models. :thumbs_up:
Contents

Legacy of the Damned Reworked v1.4 (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A simple difficulty edit of an original work doesn't go beyond the Substandard bar, sadly. There are some really good campaign edits on the site to get inspiration from. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review...
Level 21
do you have an estimation when it will release? i already not patient to try it, all your maps really suit my taste:vw_love:
Well my man I will not lie to you, probably not until the end of the year.
Mostly because I want to make a couple of missions on my own for the Lordaeron part of the campaign and split the Northrend missions into more missions. Northrend will still be the same but the 3 missions will be split into 6 (with new/enhanced maps). So far I've planned 13 missions in total.
I am first doing the ones in Lordaeron from the original campaign, then I will do the 2 missions I want to add and then move to Northrend.
Plus I don't have that much time to work on the maps but I will try my best to finish it in half a year.

PS: I could potentially make a thread in Map Development and just upload what I've done so far there.
Any ideas/advices are more than welcome!

Level 4
i play in patch 1.30.4 in mission 7 A New Power in Lordaeron some crash happen that made game can't play even i reload again

Level 21
i play in patch 1.30.4 in mission 7 A New Power in Lordaeron some crash happen that made game can't play even i reload again
You loaded a save file and still did not work?

Now that I remember, it crashed for me but only once from 50 times.
I recommend saving every 10 minutes and in a new save file, don't overwrite the old one.

For me it crashed, I loaded it and then crashed again so what I did was wait for the next attack wave of the enemies and after that it did not crash.
Again, it happened only once to me from 50 times but unfortunate that it happened to you.
If it keeps crashing just use the cheat code "allyourbasearebelongtous" to proceed to the next mission if you wish to finish the campaign.

Level 4
You loaded a save file and still did not work?

Now that I remember, it crashed for me but only once from 50 times.
I recommend saving every 10 minutes and in a new save file, don't overwrite the old one.

For me it crashed, I loaded it and then crashed again so what I did was wait for the next attack wave of the enemies and after that it did not crash.
Again, it happened only once to me from 50 times but unfortunate that it happened to you.
If it keeps crashing just use the cheat code "allyourbasearebelongtous" to proceed to the next mission if you wish to finish the campaign.
thank you i cheat to skip mission 7 , i will write some review after finish this Campaign ,probably 1-2 week because it so challenge , i spend 3 days to complete mission 4 return to northrend in hard mode.

Level 4
Finally I have finished this campaigns

Mission 1

This is my guidelines to destroy farm in each path

arthas path - I use arthas animate dead to rise corpse and abomination to attack the human farm and leave zombie near the path to kill survivor

sylvanas path - I use banshee and charm skill to control human strong unit and send them to destroy farm

kel'thuzad path – I use necromancer to rise skeleton attack the human farm. It has the castle in kel'thuzad path with a lot of group off enemy so I bring arthas to help kel'thuzad by using Potion of Lesser Invulnerability and correct 2 tombs to made arthas stronger

Mission 2

The most important thing in this chapter is to manage your troops put arthas in the front to kill enemy , put necromancer ghoul and meat weapon in the middle and don’t let them attack because enemy will try to kill your weakness unit frist , leave 2 abomination behind to fight against green unit that come from behind

Mission 3

Burning legion unit is no food cost so try to steal it from varimathras

For some reason you can’t steal acolyte to build undead base

Mission 4

This is one of the most hardest mission. I try 4-5 times to find the best way to past this mission

Step 1 – before attack the blood elf to set this base you MUST BRING YOUR TROOP TO DESTORY THE MURLOC BASE base because this mission has crazy attack wave so reduce enemy force is so important.

Step 2 - destory the small blood elf group then leave 1 farm behind then bring your troop to kill sappion.

Step 3 - Set the base and bring arthas , sappion and acolyte to build black citadel to defend nerubian base because enemy will attack with the huge troop.

Step 4 - buy 30 undead battle ships to attack lady vashj base and blood elf base

Step 5 - Attack naga and blood elf in front of nerubian base by train many of nerubian storage to use them protect your crypt fiend

Mission 5

This mission is easier than the original because varimathras base is so strong and we can open the portal in bring strong burning legion troop.

Don’t forgot to buy 3 staff of teleportation it so important to next mission

Mission 6

The most important thing is don’t try to destroy any of undead base because it impossible.

When enemy attack your friend use staff of teleportation bring your hero to help them.

End this mission quickly as possible by using 6-7 frost wyrms to destroy demon gate

Mission 7

I can’t play I have to cheat this mission if I could play I will give staff of teleportation to garithos

Mission 8.1-8.3

Nothing change

Mission 9

Why did you change anub'arak skill ? 5 Carrion Beetles is better than 1 nerubian warrior .

Mission 10

Prepair yourself this mission is so hard like mission 4 and 7

Step 1 – bring arthas and anub'arak to protect the obelisk from illdan lady vashj and orange base , they will attack you with huge troops

Step 2 – destroy kael'thas base first because it is the weakness base

Step 3 – after destroy kael'thas base force on lady vashj , orange base then take over the obelisk

But after destroy all of his servant base I don’t know why illdan stop attack me so I take over others 3 obelisks so easy

Overall if you like original legacy damn this campaign will made you so excited with new area , new unit ,and new mission but there is a lot of bugs to fixed. 7.5/10

Last edited:
Level 21
Finally I have finished this campaigns

Mission 1

This is my guidelines to destroy farm in each path

arthas path - I use arthas animate dead to rise corpse and abomination to attack the human farm and leave zombie near the path to kill survivor

sylvanas path - I use banshee and charm skill to control human strong unit and send them to destroy farm

kel'thuzad path – I use necromancer to rise skeleton attack the human farm. It has the castle in kel'thuzad path with a lot of group off enemy so I bring arthas to help kel'thuzad by using Potion of Lesser Invulnerability and correct 2 tombs to made arthas stronger

Mission 2

The most important thing in this chapter is to manage your troops put arthas in the front to kill enemy , put necromancer ghoul and meat weapon in the middle and don’t let them attack because enemy will try to kill your weakness unit frist , leave 2 abomination behind to fight against green unit that come from behind

Mission 3

Burning legion unit is no food cost so try to steal it from varimathras

For some reason you can’t steal acolyte to build undead base

Mission 4

This is one of the most hardest mission. I try 4-5 times to find the best way to past this mission

Step 1 – before attack the blood elf to set this base you MUST BRING YOUR TROOP TO DESTORY THE MURLOC BASE base because this mission has crazy attack wave so reduce enemy force is so important.

Step 2 - destory the small blood elf group then leave 1 farm behind then bring your troop to kill sappion.

Step 3 - Set the base and bring arthas , sappion and acolyte to build black citadel to defend nerubian base because enemy will attack with the huge troop.

Step 4 - buy 30 undead battle ships to attack lady vashj base and blood elf base

Step 5 - Attack naga and blood elf in front of nerubian base by train many of nerubian storage to use them protect your crypt fiend

Mission 5

This mission is easier than the original because varimathras base is so strong and we can open the portal in bring strong burning legion troop.

Don’t forgot to buy 3 staff of teleportation it so important to next mission

Mission 6

The most important thing is don’t try to destroy any of undead base because it impossible.

When enemy attack your friend use staff of teleportation bring your hero to help them.

End this mission quickly as possible by using 6-7 frost wyrms to destroy demon gate

Mission 7

I can’t play I have to cheat this mission if I could play I will give staff of teleportation to garithos

Mission 8.1-8.3

Nothing change

Mission 9

Why did you change anub'arak skill ? 5 Carrion Beetles is better than 1 nerubian warrior .

Mission 10

Prepair yourself this mission is so hard like mission 4 and 7

Step 1 – bring arthas and anub'arak to protect the obelisk from illdan lady vashj and orange base , they will attack you with huge troops

Step 2 – destroy kael'thas base first because it is the weakness base

Step 3 – after destroy kael'thas base force on lady vashj , orange base then take over the obelisk

But after destroy all of his servant base I don’t know why illdan stop attack me so I take over others 3 obelisks so easy

Overall if you like original legacy damn this campaign will made you so excited with new area , new unit ,and new mission but there is a lot of bugs to fixed. 7.5/10
Thank you for playing and giving your review my man!
Yes, this is far from being perfect. I was still very bad at making/editing maps while I was creating this.
Be assured that my next project will be more polished. It's already looking nice. I'm finishing up The Cult of The Damned and moving on to The Culling soon enough!

Level 4
Thank you for playing and giving your review my man!
Yes, this is far from being perfect. I was still very bad at making/editing maps while I was creating this.
Be assured that my next project will be more polished. It's already looking nice. I'm finishing up The Cult of The Damned and moving on to The Culling soon enough!
I will wait for playing your scourge of lordaeron absolutely, but sorry to said that i not really excited about scourge of lordaeron because i have already try a lot of scourge of lordaeron version from a lot of creater.
I like leagcy damn of the most of Warcraft 3 original campaign, i will wait for updated version in someday probably v1.5 or v2.0
And I really enjoyed your curse of blood elf campaign.
Good luck for your scourge of lordaeron.

Level 21
I will wait for playing your scourge of lordaeron absolutely, but sorry to said that i not really excited about scourge of lordaeron because i have already try a lot of scourge of lordaeron version from a lot of creater.
I like leagcy damn of the most of Warcraft 3 original campaign, i will wait for updated version in someday probably v1.5 or v2.0
And I really enjoyed your curse of blood elf campaign.
Good luck for your scourge of lordaeron.
I see. Very understandable because there are many scourge of lordaeron edits. I'm still glad that you will play it.
I wanted to do eternity's end campaign but before that I decided to do another one to upgrade my skills with the world editor since doing the night elf campaign will be a lot of work because I plan to make more missions and vastly change some of the original ones because I think that there was a lot of cut content from it and unexplored mechanics.

Yeah, legacy of the damned is phenomenal. I have a current v1.5 of it on my computer (not on site) but I think it needs to be re-done from scratch.
I will either do it after scourge of lordaeron or after eternity's end campaign.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 26
I decided to replay your campaign. I still not completed yet. It was not as bad as I remembered, but it has definetly problems. Some of the maps are seems to be edited: extended map there and there, removed creep camps, but some time that's all. One of the maps are just flat terrain, no hills and no elevation at all. All is feel's like it's "Work in Progress" campaign (which is true). I handled this campaign as a 100% done, but no, it's not. Some of the units are not balanced, or the unit idea that was implemented is out of place a bit. Some maps are very hard to complete to me - I playing it on normal difficulty. It has uniqueness for sure, but I hope I can try the newer version of this campaign in the future. I'm hard with this campaign, but overall is fun, and has potential. I want also to be highlighted, that the "Legacy of The Damned" has no other rework/revamp, or I'm blind and I'm not found yet.

Level 21
Hello! Thanks for showing interest in it (again)!
Fair review to be honest. And thank you for saying it has some uniqueness! That's the point.
And yeah, there's is only 1 other edit apart from mine of this campaign that I could find, which is the 2 Player edit.

I hope that you will enjoy The Scourge of Lordaeron edit a lot more that I will release in the near future. I am taking my time with it to ensure good quality.
I think it will be a unique edit of the campaign and so far I'm really satisfied with how it's turning out. I'm not making it way too custom since I want the players who play it to know they are playing Warcraft 3.