• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Warseeker Presents

Legacy of Lordaeron
v 2.7

A Forsaken Campaign

Legacy of Lordaeron is a custom singleplayer RPG campaign inspired by the Founding of Durotar campaign and World of Warcraft. The gameplay is basically an adventuring and questing style, levelling and unraveling the story. The object of this campaign is to complete quests while developing your heroes' abilities just like in the Founding of Durotar.

Important : Due to the new features implied in this campaign, this campaign will no longer work on any earlier versions of the game below patch 1.29.2. You can download the latest patch of Warcraft 3 via Battle.net or via the Warcraft 3 Launcher. (Requires CD-Keys)
You can, however, download an old version of the campaign which is compatible with patch 1.27a here. (This version will not receive anymore updates)

Note : The Transition among the campaign maps will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.

Features

- Transition Among Campaign Maps.
- A storyline inspired by World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.
- 6 Character Classes.
- Variable Difficulty Level.
- New Custom Units, Items, Abilities and sounds.

Story

Following the death of the Lich King. Sylvanas Windrunner, The Queen of the Forsaken, alongside with her Forsaken army started to take far more aggressive stance in their battle against the remnants of the Scarlet Crusade, the Scourge and the Alliance as they attempt to conquer Lordaeron as their own...

Missions

Act One : Rise of the Forsaken
Act Two : Road to Supremacy
Act Three : Conquest of Gilneas

Change Log

Released

- Fixed bug in Blackthorn Bandits Quest, the Block Path of Trees is now passable.
- Fixed bug in Odd Vision Quest, the Block Path of Trees in now passable.
- Fellson's Healing Spray Ability has been replaced by Elixir of Death..

- Fixed some dialogue mistakes.

- bugs fixes and small changes.
- Reduced the campaign file size.
- Blackthorn Bandits Quest is now accessible without requirement of finishing "Aiding the Forsakens" Quest.
- Added a Creep Respawn in Sub-Maps.

- Fixed small bugs all over.

Major Changes :
- Transition System : The Transition system works now with multiboards, before stepping into a new zone, a dialogue will ask you either you want/or not to access that zone.
- Fixed a bug which prevent Creep Respawn from working after the Transition.
- The Quest "Slay the Orcs" has now a different feature, You're no longer required to destroy ALL bases. All you have to do now is simply killing the enemy heroes.
- Added 2 more class to play : Death Knight - Hunter
- Fixed a small bug in "Missing Ingredients" quest.
- An improvement in the quests, cinematics description.
- A little bit change of the story.

1.6a : - Added a Drop Item System
- Added two more class to play : Rogue - Warrior
- I made the cinematics transmission a little bit longer.
1.6b : - Changed the Hunter's model.
- Some changes in the DK and Mage skills.
- Fixes in the description and transmissions.
- You are now to able to train Val'kyr in Slay the Orcs quest.

- Major bug fixes and maintenance.
- Fixed two cinematic bugs in Alterac Ruins map.

Released Act Two and Three.

Act One : - Fixed a bug in the Necrolyte's Quest. Black Dragon Claw and Eye of Shadow are now visible.
- Replaced Faranell in the Secret Mission (the underground cave) with Nathanos instead.
- Fixed the Death Knight's Ebon Might ability: It increases the damage by percent instead of a specified number, also this ability affect the DK only.
- Replaced the Hunter's Black Arrows ability with Poison Arrows.
- Replaced the Mage's Meteor Strike ability with Fire Bolt.
- Changed a bit the story of the Blackthorn's bandits.
- Small bug fixes and changes all over the maps of this act.
- Stash in now available in every map, including the sub-maps.
Act Two : - Reworked on all the maps of this act and added 3 new maps.
- Removed the Broken Isles and Den of the Warlock map.
- Replaced Galen's Death Pact ability with Inner Rage.
- Increased the Neutral Hostile units' damage, health and armor.
Act Three : - Map 1 : Changed the design and gameplay style of this map.
- Map 2 : Increased a little bit the Worgen battleships' damage and health.
- Map 3 : The fight with Genn Greymane goes on three bosses instead of fighting him individually.
- Increased the Worgen units' damage and health.
- Removed Ivar Bloodfang and Lord Vincent Godfrey from this map.

- Bug fixes and balance improvement.
- Replaced the Rebel Orcs in Alterac Ruins with Crushridge Ogres.
- Changed the storyline of Act Three to make it similar to WoW : Cataclysm.
- Changed the model of Herod.

- Added a Specialization Selection for each class.
- Reduced the damage of Kill Shot to 750 at level 2.
- Merphist no longer cost food.

- Update the campaign to patch 1.29.2
- Added a new sub-map : Scholomance
- Bug fixes and general improvements
- You are now able to customize your Character's name in the menu selection.
- Added a new optional quest in Silverpine Forest.
- Changed the quest : Crushridge Ogres from main quest to optional.
- Fixed the Scarlet Monastery bug on patch 1.29. The quest should work fine now.
- Changed Merphist's Mana Burn ability.
- Changed Faranell's model.
- Galen is no longer a controlable/obtainable hero in this act. Instead you will get Grimthos. Grimthos is bonus hero that you can obtain as a fourth hero after compeleting his quest, just like Merphist in Act One.
- Revamped the Battle for Andorhal and added 2 Scourge bases.
- Changed the Bloodfang Lieutenant's model.
- Revamped the first chapter of Act Three and added 2 extra Worgen bases.
- Removed the second chapter of Act Three and replaced it with a mini-dungeon in Act Two.
- Turned the last chapter of Act Three into a macro mission.

- Updated the campaign to make it work with patch 1.30.1.
- Changed the Hero Selection System with a different one.
- Added a shared vision of Brill, Velonara's Camp and the Transition Locations.
- Added a Tomb of Relics in Brill.
- Removed the Blizzard and Mana Siphon from the Spellbook.
- Warlock : Summon Felhunter : Reduced to 1 Felhunter instead of 2, Increased damage and armor; can now be healed.
- DK : Scourge Strike : Fixed the instant kill bug also reduced the extra damage per second and the spell duration.

-----------------------------------------------
Tirisfal Glades
: - Most of the Skeletons have been replaced by Scourge minions.
Scarlet Monastery : - Added a new Resurrection Stone in the north-west.
- Changed the location of the first Resurrection Stone and stash.
Arathi Highlands : - Added two Resurrection Stones, one on the north-east, the other on the south-west.
Alterac Ruins : - Added more spells to the ogre heroes.
Hillsbrad Foothills : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Tarren Mill.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cinematics and Dialogues : - Improved most of the dialogues.
Items : Changed some of the loots dropped by creeps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Death Knight (Frost) : - Deathchill : No longer decrease attack damage.
Warlock (Demonology) : - Shadow bolt --> Summon Succubus.
- Summon Felhunter : Increased hit points and mana cost.
Hunter (Survival) : - Kill Shot : Increased mana cost and cooldown.
Fellson : - Elixir of Death : Reduced the amount of heal for level 2,3 and 4 (200/350/500/600 instead of 200/400/600/800)
- Chemical Rage : Reduced the attack rate for each level.
Merphist : - Skewer : Reduced the amount of damage.
Grimthos : - Vampiric Aura --> Vampiric Touch (Single Target)
- Hardened Armor --> Howl of Terror.

- Act 3 button should now appear after completing Act 2.
- Agamand Mills : - The level 6 Lich is no longer a Hero.
- Hillsbrad Foothills : - Removed the tomes from the Tomb of Relics.
- Added a shared vision for Southshore and the Sludge Fields.
- Hinterlands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Maranel's camp.
- Added a Hero in the Highvale Elves' outpost.
- Eastern Plaguelands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.
- Western Plaguelands : - Added a Goblin Merchant.
- The Portals are now invulnerables during the fight with Araj.
- Koltira will now engage in fight with Araj.
- Silverpine Forest : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.

------------------------ Heroes -------------------------------

- Death Knight : - Changed his model.
- Warlock (Demonology) : - Succubus can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Hunter (Beast Master) : - Black Spider can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Mage (Arcane) : Changed all his spells.
- Fellson : - Nerfed Elixir of Death ( 150/300/450/600 instead of 200/350/500/600)
- Sludges can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Merphist : - Nerfed the chances of Critical Strike to 10% instead of 15%.
- Grimthos : - Changed all his spells except Reincarnation.
- Fixed Grimthos' Exp Cap in Act 2.

- Added a Hero in the undead encampment of the first mission of Act 3.
- Worgen Workers can no longer build structures when possessing them.
- After destroying the Bloodfang and Liberation Worgen bases, the Forsaken will send more reinforcements.

- Fixed the Death Knight's Frost Presence ability.
- Nerfed the Rogue's Adrenaline Rush ability.
- Increased the stats of the items that can be found in Scholamance.
- Improved the Forsaken AI in the last mission of Act 3.
- Nerfed the Worgen units' HP in the last mission of Act 3.
- Changed the model of Merphist and his ultimate.

- Fellson's Summon Sludge ability no longer requires a corpse.
- Replaced the Arcane Mage's Absord Magic ability with Summon Arcane Golem.
- Gold/Lumber will now transition to Act 2.
- Battle for Andorhal : No longer requires to destroy the bases.

- Arcane Blast now deals accurate damage.
- Illusion : No longer take multiple damage, Reduced cooldown from 45 to 30, Reduced mana cost to 75. Illusions can now deal damage to enemy units.
- Evocation can now be used on friendly units/Heroes aswell.

- Fixed Memory Leaks.
- Fixed a known issue in patch 1.31.

Screenshots

wc3scrnshot_072418_153526_12-jpeg.303508
wc3scrnshot_072418_154530_18-jpeg.303507
wc3scrnshot_072418_164229_38-jpeg.303509

wc3scrnshot_072518_093641_06-jpeg.303511

wc3scrnshot_072518_102012_20-jpeg.303512
wc3scrnshot_072518_164808_10-jpeg.303513

wc3scrnshot_072518_171225_15-jpeg.303514
wc3scrnshot_072618_101925_10-jpeg.303518
wc3scrnshot_072618_103236_14-jpeg.303520

Credits

- Anemic Royalty
- Ujimasa Hojo
- ironmaiden
- Alastor
- Edge45
- Fingolfin
- Suselishe
- Kuhneghetz
- Mike
- Buster
- Matarael
- Grendel
- JesusHipster
- Tarrasque
- UgoUgo
- Sellenisko
- Power
- GUNNER
- Kitabatake
- assasin_lord
- donut3.5
- AndrewOverload519
- Callahan
- imforfun
- xyzier_24
- General Frank
- Nasrudin
- Stefan.K

- 67chrome
- Juice_F
- Dionesiist
- chr2
- CloudWolf
- THE_END
- Blood Raven

- Apheraz Lucent
- Marcos DAB
- Kyzerdrood32
- AndrewOverload519
- San
- PeeKay
- M0rbid
- Heinvers
- FrlkY
- BLazeKrake
- 67chrome
- Mr.Goblin
- PrinceYaser
- Nuhneghetz
- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- Sin'dorei300
- NFWar
- Paladon
- Kael Theron
- Zephyrius2412

- Transition System by Starquizer
- Respawn System by SkriK
- Hero Selection System by Felipe Gormadoc
- Knockback System by Tom_Kazansky
- Omnislash System by f0rsAk3n
If you saw your resource and I didn't give you credit for it, just tell me so I can add you.

FAQ

- Q : Why do I get a black screen when I try to play this campaign?
- A: That's because you don't have the latest patch of Warcraft 3 installed. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version in order to play this campaign. (Currently it works only on patch above 1.29.2)
- Q: Why do I get back to the menu screen whenever I return from a sub-map?
- A: As I said above. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version to the latest patch.
- Q: If I rename the filename of this campaign, will it cause any bug?
- A: Yes, it will. The campaign transition will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.
- Q : Why do I get back to the beginning of this campaign when I reload?
- A : It is possible that sometimes the transition will fail and you will get back to the beginning of this campaign, this occur even in Rexxar's campaign, my advice is to always backup your progress or make sure to save regularly to prevent losing your progress.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7 (Campaign)

Reviews
Rufus
As the bugs I found have been fixed, and I trust that you will fix any future ones after your best ability, this campaign is now approved. I don't usually replay things I've moderated, but for this one, I'll look forward to future updates! Good luck!
Level 3
The Forsaken base is meant to be less effective in that mission. You goal is kill the Generals while the Forsaken maintain their defenses.

It's no use, 'm trying to defend and advance but the base is consecutebly attack.
I can't even kill all the worgen generals, how am I suposse to survive, or even pass the mission? Really?

Level 2
in act 2 for the optional quest "cry of the banshee" is that map we r currently on where the SI:7 assassin's will be located at, or will it be where the next main mission to kill the dwarven leaders r at. also does anyone have exact locations on where on map the SI:7 units are

Level 27
Hello, have been playing with a Warlock of the summoner talents, and is hilariously underpowered. First is that the FelDogs aren't demon/undead so they can't be healed by death coil, even on level 4 the summons are going behind during Act 1, in Act 2 and 3 the Worgen army just remove then rather easy, is better just to stick to Darkbolt, for the Doomguard, the level 6 works as intended during the first act, but later it fails behind and the level 12 in act 3 is rather weak in terms of skill damage.

Level 2
i like the warrior with protection skill line best I've found for most of act 1 that character is quite beast but for act 2 its just a bit difficult haven't made it to act 3 yet on that character

Level 2
so if some1 were to uninstall and then reinstall war3 to get rid of the 1.30 patch how/where does that person go to get the 1.29 patch back on system. since all battle.net offers is the 1.30 now

Level 3
i really want to play the campaign but, whenever i even start the game it just crashed for me and i presume that other People have expirence the same as me and yes i have the newest update for Warcraft 3

Level 1
The map crashes everytime I select a character, can't do anything. I select a Hunter, Beasmastery. Not sure what I can do.

Level 1
Hi guys, I found an issue. When I try to play the game it instantly crashes. What do I do?

I can select my character and watch the introduction, but 1 second later the game crashes.

Level 4
Hi guys, I found an issue. When I try to play the game it instantly crashes. What do I do?

I can select my character and watch the introduction, but 1 second later the game crashes.
wait for the creator to update the game. it isn't gonna happen until this new Warcraft patch gets its shit together tho.

Level 28
I'll probably update this campaign to make it work with the newest patch sooner or later. However, I will not take responsibility of the bugs caused by that patch.
I'm in the Lordaeron tunnels with Nathanos in Act 1, and I can't figure out how to clear the rocks and get over to where the golem is with the circle of power
There is an explosive barrel near the iron gate at the entrance of the map. Use it to break the rocks and clear the way.

Last edited:
Level 3
I dont know anything about making maps and Things on HIVE but, am curious to know how long will it take you to update the game or file?
1 a month
2 a week
3 more than a month

Level 2
Love this kind of campaigns bro, keep it up maybe come up with a new one, something like the army of the lich king, diffrent factions of the horde, the alliance, go figure, I would love to see something like that in the future. Thank u for also posting a older 1.26 version, I think that is a measure that many campaign producers should incorporate in theyer process, it would help the hive community a lot along with the w3 community overall! Keep it up! :)

Level 28
I dont know anything about making maps and Things on HIVE but, am curious to know how long will it take you to update the game or file?
1 a month
2 a week
3 more than a month
I'll wait for patch 1.30.2 to come out then I'll start updating this campaign, I can't tell exactly how long it will take, it depends on how many bugs caused by the new patch.
Love this kind of campaigns bro, keep it up maybe come up with a new one, something like the army of the lich king, diffrent factions of the horde, the alliance, go figure, I would love to see something like that in the future. Thank u for also posting a older 1.26 version, I think that is a measure that many campaign producers should incorporate in theyer process, it would help the hive community a lot along with the w3 community overall! Keep it up! :)
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.
Just came from Jayborino's youtube channel wanting to play this campaign aaaaand I can't because of the wc3 patch ;(
Unfortunately, this campaign is now unplayable on the latest patch.

Level 3
fine by me, i can wait a while the main problem is maybe the start becuase after you make a character watch cinamtic and everything then it just crash and you cant do anything else

Level 28
Alright, so I tested this campaign this morning with patch 1.30.1 and I got the same crash that you guys were talking about (Right after the intro cinematic), I tried opening the campaign with WE to see if any trigger is broken but everything seems to work just fine, I even tried saving the campaign with patch 1.30.1 but the crash is still there...
Anyway, I'll try to mess up with some triggers, probably the sound triggers which I think are causing the crash and see how that turns out. However, I cannot promise I'll make it work, if not, then there is nothing I can do for that. Sorry.

Last edited:
Level 3
Alright, so I tested this campaign this morning with patch 1.30.1 and I got the same crash that you guys were talking about (Right after the intro cinematic), I tried opening the campaign with WE to see if any trigger is broken but everything seems to work just fine, I even tried saving the campaign with patch 1.30.1 but the crash is still there...
Anyway, I'll try to mess up with some triggers, probably the sound triggers which I think are causing the crash and see how that turns out. However, I cannot promise I'll make it work, if not, then there is nothing I can do for that. Sorry.

Hope you'll manage to fix that <3 I'm so interested in your campaign and would really love to play it out.

Level 3
Oh boy, I sure do love play as evil monsters killing humans while also calling them biggots and pretending we are the good guys!

Level 28
So, I've done some tests last night and I think I found what's causing the crash after the intro cinematic, from what I can tell, the crash is due to the Name of the Hero when changing it via the chat box. I've tested the old version which is made with patch 1.27 and everything worked fine. I am not sure if this bug is related to the newest patch or not. But nonetheless, I advice everyone who plays on 1.30+ to download the old version (1.27) of this campaign while I try to find a solution to this problem.

Last edited:
Level 3
So, I've done some tests last night and I think I found what's causing the crash after the intro cinematic, from what I can tell, the crash is due to the Name of the Hero when changing it via the chat box. I've tested the old version which is made with patch 1.27 and everything worked fine. I am not sure if this bug is related to the newest patch or not. But nonetheless, I advice everyone who plays on 1.30+ to download the old version (1.27) of this campaign while I try to find a solution to this problem.
Will the new patch fix this problem?

Level 1
Hi Seeker! I made this account because of your campaign. Is there a way to switch out/modify the mage/warlocks character abilities with Archimondes? (Dark portal+Infernals) Or make a warlock more summon oriented? I wish to roam around with a summoning hero. The demonology path only gives 2 weak felhounds + a doom guard.

Level 1
Unfortunately, the 1.27a ver of the map still crash for me, maybe because it wont work with the 1.30 ver? I dun know, maybe its just me. But I will be waiting for the new update, hope you can find the solution with the issues, and hope that blizzard wont have a new update anytime soon, since with each update more custom maps will be unplayable

Level 28
Will the new patch fix this problem?
I hope so. I'm sure Blizzard is looking at those bugs and will hopefully fix them soon.
Hi Seeker! I made this account because of your campaign. Is there a way to switch out/modify the mage/warlocks character abilities with Archimondes? (Dark portal+Infernals) Or make a warlock more summon oriented? I wish to roam around with a summoning hero. The demonology path only gives 2 weak felhounds + a doom guard.
You mean permanent summoning? The Warlock's abilities seems fine in my opinion, but yeah, I may consider upgrading it a little bit.
Unfortunately, the 1.27a ver of the map still crash for me, maybe because it wont work with the 1.30 ver? I dun know, maybe its just me. But I will be waiting for the new update, hope you can find the solution with the issues, and hope that blizzard wont have a new update anytime soon, since with each update more custom maps will be unplayable
Odd, version 1.27a works fine for me on patch 1.30.1. Is the crash still right after the intro cinematic?
Cant get past the starting area of the first chapter now.
Even with version 1.27a?

Level 2
Hey there,

I recently felt like going back to wc3 after a looong time and after enjoying some of the great custom campaigns on this site, I eventually wound up playing yours. I'd like to share my thoughts right after finishing it.
I'll be upfront right from the start: I didn't really enjoy it all that much. BUT, I didn't write this wall of text just to shit on your work and effort. I think there's a lot of genuinely great stuff about Legacy of Lordaeron and much of what I found are flaws can be fixed, if you were inclined to do so (assuming I don't just point out nonsensical shit, of course).

So...things I enjoyed:
- The models and overall look. The custom models for pretty much anything are awesome. The Gilneas-related stuff totally blew my mind to be frank. That alone makes me want to play an RTS campaign featuring Worgen.
- The idea. I loved the Founding of Durotar and making a campaign in that vein that continues the Forsaken timeline is just an awesome idea. The conflict between the Forsaken, the Crusade, and the Worgen also strikes me as a fantastic choice. Cool characters. cool setting, lots of potential.
- The character classes. While it's a pity that the player character has no personality, I loved the idea of having choice when it comes to character creation. Even small touches like naming him/her are lovely.
- The first chapter, for the most part, is great. I love the introduction, the time when you're still weak and have to act more tactically, even avoiding fights to come back later. I also think that - to a point - the way you find your first gear and gradually get stronger is done fairly nicely.
- The secrets: Just a lovely touch to have a map where you can actually find small secrets and be rewarded for exploration.
- The penultimate mission. Being able to train forces and divide your attention between defense and attack is a welcome change of pace.

That said...there's a slew of things I didn't like. Some of that is probably nitpicking, but I feel like an abundance of little flaws ultimately drag down the whole game. So, here goes the negative:

- Balance issues/it's far too easy. Several factors make the game ridiculously easy from a certain point onwards. I played a rogue character (the one with slice & dice), and after the Scarlet Monastery I was virtually invincible. Without even using the stat boosting tomes that I could have bought with the overload of otherwise useless gold, my character ended up having like 27 armor, 2,5k HP and Dodge. After finishing the monastery and equipping the loot found there, Fellson also has pretty much infinite mana. Paired with his insane 800 HP heal that costs 75 Mana and has only a handful of seconds cooldown, the two of them were largely unkillable. At the point where Grimthor is added to the team and grants another ludicrous 40% lifesteal with his aura, it simply gets bizarre. I can honestly say that I cleared nearly all maps in chapter 2 by giving a chain of go+attack commands to all over the map while doing something in another tab. Nothing can stop the hero party. Apparently there's a fourth hero whom I didn't even pick up. This would have made things even more trivial. I'm not a hardcore gamer who needs campaigns to be as hard as the Arkain series or To The Bitter End. But some challenge would have been nice. If I can kill bosses by just auto-attacking them, something's wrong.
- Too many enemies. It feels like the game's response to me being overpowered is just ramping up the number of stuff I have to kill. The monotony of being forced to trudge through hundreds and hundreds of un-challenging boring creeps is insane. It's just busy work. Plus, even though there are too many enemy troops, there's still no challenge. Even in maps like the final one where waves of enemy troops crash onto Sylvanas' base, all I had to do is put Grimthor on the bridge. I don't think I used him for anything else and never issued another command to him.
- No more (good) loot after the dwarven mission. Soon after Grimthor joins the party you go on the mission against the dwarves where you also find the SI:7 assassins. I'm fairly certain that this is the last mission with decent loot. Everything you find after that (as in: throughout the entire latter half of the campaign) is sub par by comparison, with many (mini-)bosses dropping either nothing at all or stuff that is a downgraded version of what I already have equipped. This is particularly laughable in the side quest on the map with Galen Trollbane where I received an item that gives a character like 3 Agility and movespeed. Why even have such a reward? Who would ever equip that? The two optional dungeons are especially bad in that way. The one with the forest troll boss and Scholomance are full of useless, underpowered loot. Scholomance is particularly frustrating in that sense because the map is gigantic, full of unchallenging hordes of enemies and there was not a single useful item to be found. Oh, and exiting the map takes forever because there's no portal after the final fight. The forest troll boss map has such a portal although it's a much smaller map. Why?
Maybe you spread the good loot out better. That way, I also don't become overpowered quite as soon.
- Curse, curse, curse! One thing that makes the grotesque mass of enemy creeps particularly frustrating to fight is the abundance of banshees and their curse ability. It doesn't make any fight more difficult but instead makes them drag on even more. Lots of dispel casting is the only solution. Fun.
- Plot progression in the 2nd chapter. So, chapter one finishes with the ominous Worgen threat established as the main plot element. That's great stuff. In the beginning of chapter 2, that is still very much the main plot as you begin your first mission by defending an outpost from waves of Worgen. However, after that the Worgen disappear from the story for hours on end. Instead, I have to fight some faceless nobody dwarves, humans, and undead who have little to no motivation, boast no memorable characters, and no agenda. Feels like a humongous boring side quest. Resuming with the Worgen quest at the end of chapter 2 is like waking up from a nightmare.
- Fellson feels imbalanced. Fellson's spells are a really mixed bag. On the one hand, his heal was arguably the most broken spell in my party (could only possibly be beaten by other player characters which I didn't choose, but I don't know about that). It's too cheap to cast, heals for far too much, hardly has any cooldown, and can even be used offensively to kill weak/hurt enemies. Especially when Fellson runs around along Grimthor it just gets silly. Since Grimthor is strength-based, he already has like a million HP. Then he has 40% lifesteal, a +10 Armor buff AND reincarnation. Combine that with Fellson's heal and...how exactly is anything supposed to kill Grimthor?? Between the two of them, the hero party has far too much survivability. On the other hand, Fellson has weird spells like the attack speed self-buff and his ultimate. The damage of the ultimate is negligible and the healing pales in comparison to his q. The attack speed buff sends weird signals. I mean, Fellson is a mage and int based. In practice, he's auto-attacking a lot since there's constant fighting, but in terms of creating a lore-friendly character, that's a weird skill for a wizard type. Lastly, his summoning is useless. In the early stages where it could be useful if I prioritized levelling it, it doesn't make much sense because there are a lot of enemies like skeletons, revenants, and wraiths that don't leave corpses (plus the heal is much better anyway, so why would I ever want to choose the summoning over it anyway?). Later on, the summoning is ridiculously weak. I actually checked, and its stats on lvl4 of the skill are worse than those of murlocs you meet in chapter 2. With its lousy 525 HP it's also not a good meat shield. Not that you need any meat shield because of what I mentioned earlier.
- Typos. Just a minor annoyance, but there are a lot of typos in the dialogues between characters from beginning to end.
- Party has no personality. Considering how monotonous the gameplay is, it would have been a really nice touch to learn anything about the heroes in my party. Fellson never talks, my PC only says stuff like "Yes, milady" every now and then, and Grimthor is just a random skeleton whom I find on some hill. Grimthor's quest is also weird. So...I meet this random dude and he just asks me to fight some tough monsters because he wants their stuff for...unspecified reasons. I...roll with it because...um...why not, I guess. And after that Grimthor - who neither knows me nor my quest - is like, okay, thanks for the stuff - nevermind why I needed it - I'll tag along with you from now on and follow you to the death. Um, sure.
Oddball.
- Narrative Dissonance/Why the fuck is my hero so overpowered even in terms of the in-game logic? This may seem like a weird nitpick, but it really bothered me. So..to begin with my character gets raised from the dead. A weak fledgling Forsaken who does minor quests to prove their worth. Okay, I get that. Few hours later, I managed to complete some tasks and I've proven myself. So Sylvanas gives me a new task. I am to infiltrate the Scarlet Monastery and kill their leaders. First of all...WHAT?! The Scarlet Crusade is like a considerable military faction that openly opposes the Forsaken nation in warfare. And you want me to infiltrate them? Okay so...I have to be sneaky right? Get in through the sewers, don't raise an alarm, kill their leaders in the dead of night while the other fanatics sleep, create a diversion to draw the bulk of their forces away....? Um, no. As it turns out, I step right in front of their monastery, kill the guards, shit on their lawn and kick in the front door. Then I proceed to methodically murder every single crusade member in a 2-men frontal assault.
If by the logic of the campaign a no-name apothecary and a newbie who was raised from the dead like a day ago can just friggin slaughter the entire crusade mano a mano...why was the crusade even considered a threat??
But it gets worse. In the Mug'Thol sidequest, the quest giver basically asks two crappy newbs (me and Fellson) to take on five entire ogre tribes, their respective chieftains, plus Mug'Thol - all on their own. I'm even expected to raze their bases (more or less). Why does anyone in this world think this is possible???
Same goes for the dwarves. My superior in chapter 2 reveals that the Forsaken - as in the entire force stationed in the area, are struggling against the dwarves. So they send my 3 guys to just waltz in and kill the entire dwarven tribe/kingdom without aid. Bases, leaders, everything. Like, yeah, you got this, right. The fuck.
Then we go to Andorhal...
- Kultira is a dumb, dumb, entitled prick, and the Plaguelands suck badly. So...I learn that there's heavy fighting in the Plaguelands and our faction needs help. I arrive and, voilà, there's actually a battle going on that I help turn in our favour. So Kultira is like, yo boy, nice that you saved my creepy cheap ass. Say, could you help a man out? I need this small favor. Could you like...um...RAZE FOUR ENEMY OUTPOSTS KILL ALL THEIR TROOPS AND SLAY THEIR COMMANDERS while I sit here and scratch my decaying ballsack. He basically asks the relief force of three random guys to just go and win his war. Without his aid.
And the funny thing is...sure, I can do that.
Next thing I know, Kultira wanders off to the Western Plaguelands (by way of exiting the Eastern Plaguelands map through an exit on the eastern side for some reason. Is the map upside down??). Btw, Andorhal, which we're apparently fighting over, is nowhere to be seen.
In the Western Plaguelands I find Kultira standing all alone in the middle of nowhere and telling me that we're supposed to wage war on the local commander of the scourge, a powerful lich. And his lieutenants + their bases. What was Kultira thinking going there all alone??? He can'to do shit on his own. Plus, isn't he supposed to be a commander of troops??? I also think I may have found a bug on this map. During the fight with Araj, the gate closes. But the only Monolith for revival is on the outside. So...if by some miracle I actually managed to die in the fight...how would I get back in for a second chance???
After the fight, Kultira says in passing that he'll send a couple of his men to chase after the scourge remnants in the area. So NOW you think of calling on your troops? What a dick...
- Razing buildings. I already complained about the messed up ingame logic whereby my boss expects three guys to basically go and destroy an entire military outpost on their own. But it's even worse if they also just expect me to manually raze every building. That's as if in the Punic Wars the Romans sent Scipio alone to just raze every building in Carthage. Also, mechanically it's fucking dull to stand in a base that I emptied of troops and stupidly punch every barracks, castle and sanctum to dust. The fact that later on bases keep spawning troops makes the shitfest drag even more. And there are so many frigging missions that require you to kill every single farm in a base manually. Especially the last two missions are absolutely awful in that regard.
- Anticlimactic ending on chapter 2. Chapter 2 ends on a really low note. The plot just snaps out of its dream like, oh yeah, shit, there was something about Worgen. Uhhh.. here's a map with some of their bases. Kill them.
I do that, Sylvanas gives a speech along the lines of "so, let's kill some more Worgen" and that's it for the chapter. Boring.
- Anticlimactic final mission. Five friggin worgen bases to grind down, while babysitting Sylvanas' undead ass. Plus two bonus bases to raze to the last building (as if five weren't enough). Then I fight two guys whom I've never fought or met before, and who have no discernible personality + one guy I already beat up in the previous mission. I easily kill everything on this map, raze every building, don't die a single time and don't have to even use any ultimates. Then the final cinematic tells me that the battle is going badly. Sure, whatever.
- What was the Worgen's plan to begin with? The first time the Worgen appear in the campaign, they seem to be secretly planning an invasion of the Forsaken lands. They even destroy that one random base. Then I kick their troops to shit. After that, I never learn what their intentions were and on every occasion where I meet them, they get mercilessly clobbered. How did they plan to wage war on the Forsaken if my three men tag team can obliterate their entire military (and grind their capital to dust)???

In conclusion, I like the idea, concept, setting, and theme a lot. And I absolutely loved the attention to detail, models, and textures.
But all of that is dragged down by serious balancing issues, gameplay monotony, a lack of challenges, bland characters, a story without dramatic stakes, and an onslaught of minor things like typos.

If these things were worked out, I think this could become one of the all time great wc3 campaigns and right up there with the best custom stuff on this site. As it is, I can't really recommend it.

Last edited:
Level 1
You mean permanent summoning? The Warlock's abilities seems fine in my opinion, but yeah, I may consider upgrading it a little bit.

Not permanently, a lot of mana can be mustered, just give more minions to play with. I wouldn't mind a demonology path to be Dark Portal (random demons every time, stronger and numerous after each level) + Rain of Chaos (infernal, every level gives +1) + Rain of Fire (increased radius and damage) + Word of the Legion *or insert fancy name* (Level 6 - Nathrezim Elite, army buffer with different abilities, Level 12 - aditional Elite, or just a stronger version)

The arcane mage path is unfun to play. Items can be found with Silence ability, therefore renders this ability pointless, Mirror Image is also, intel hero + low armor and hp, enemies rip them apart easily, not worth the mana and ability point and barely capable to distraction. Polymorph is Okayish, Arcane Blast is too weak, and has too much cooldown. This path becomes absolete early on. Buffing the range and damage of the Arcane Blast would be ideal, as well as drasticly lowering the cooldown. Polymorph would be great as an aoe ability if you can do things like that. Instead of Mirror Image, as a crowd controll/disruptor spell, momentarily turning enemies against each other would be better. Basicly Charm, but without permanent effect. (Autocast ability) And instead of Silence, anything.

Level 1
Yea, it still crash after the cinematic, im thinking maybe there's nothing wrong with the name changing chat, maybe something in 1.30.1 is breaking the game for most of us

Level 3
Hey there,

I recently felt like going back to wc3 after a looong time and after enjoying some of the great custom campaigns on this site, I eventually wound up playing yours. I'd like to share my thoughts right after finishing it.
I'll be upfront right from the start: I didn't really enjoy it all that much. BUT, I didn't write this wall of text just to shit on your work and effort. I think there's a lot of genuinely great stuff about Legacy of Lordaeron and much of what I found are flaws can be fixed, if you were inclined to do so (assuming I don't just point out nonsensical shit, of course).

So...things I enjoyed:
- The models and overall look. The custom models for pretty much anything are awesome. The Gilneas-related stuff totally blew my mind to be frank. That alone makes me want to play an RTS campaign featuring Worgen.
- The idea. I loved the Founding of Durotar and making a campaign in that vein that continues the Forsaken timeline is just an awesome idea. The conflict between the Forsaken, the Crusade, and the Worgen also strikes me as a fantastic choice. Cool characters. cool setting, lots of potential.
- The character classes. While it's a pity that the player character has no personality, I loved the idea of having choice when it comes to character creation. Even small touches like naming him/her are lovely.
- The first chapter, for the most part, is great. I love the introduction, the time when you're still weak and have to act more tactically, even avoiding fights to come back later. I also think that - to a point - the way you find your first gear and gradually get stronger is done fairly nicely.
- The secrets: Just a lovely touch to have a map where you can actually find small secrets and be rewarded for exploration.
- The penultimate mission. Being able to train forces and divide your attention between defense and attack is a welcome change of pace.

That said...there's a slew of things I didn't like. Some of that is probably nitpicking, but I feel like an abundance of little flaws ultimately drag down the whole game. So, here goes the negative:

- Balance issues/it's far too easy. Several factors make the game ridiculously easy from a certain point onwards. I played a rogue characters (the one with slice & dice), and after the scarlet monastery I was virtually invincible. Without even using the stat boosting tomes that I could have bought with the overload of otherwise useless gold, my character ended up having like 27 armor, 2,5k HP and Dodge. After finishing the monastery and equipping the loot found there, Fellson also has pretty much infinite mana. Paired with his insane 800 HP heal that costs 75 Mana and has only a handful of seconds cooldown, the two of them were largely unkillable. At the point where Grimthor is added to the team and grants another ludicrous 40% lifesteal with his aura, it simply gets bizarre. I can honestly say that I cleared nearly all maps in chapter 2 by giving a chain of go+attack commands to all over the map while doing something in another tab. Nothing can stop the hero party. Apparently there's a fourth hero whom I didn't even pick up. This would have made things even more trivial. I'm not a hardcore gamer who needs campaigns to be as hard as the Arkain series or To The Bitter End. But some challenge would have been nice. If I can kill bosses by just autoattacking them, something's wrong.
- Too many enemies. It feels like the game's response to me being overpowered is just ramping up the number of stuff I have to kill. The monotony of being forced to trudge through hundreds and hundreds of un-challenging boring creeps is insane. It's just busy work. Plus, even though there are too many enemy troops, there's still no challenge. Even in maps like the final one where waves of enemy troops crash onto Sylvanas' base, all I had to do is put grimthor on the bridge. I don't think I used him for anything else and never issued another command to him.
- No more (good) loot after the dwarven mission. Soon after Grimthor joins the party you go on the mission against the dwarves where you also find the SI:7 assassins. I'm fairly certain that this is the last mission with decent loot. Everything you find after that (as in: throughout the entire latter half of the campaign) is sub par by comparison, with many (mini-)bosses dropping either nothing at all or stuff that is a downgraded version of what I already have equipped. This is particularly laughable in the side quest on the map with Galen Trollbane where I received an item that gives a character like 3 Agility and movespeed. Why even have such a reward? Who would ever equip that? The two optional dungeons are especially bad in that way. The one with the forest troll boss and Scholomance are full of useless, underpowered loot. Scholomance is particularly frustrating in that sense because the map is gigantic, full of unchallenging hordes of enemies and there was not a single useful item to be found. Oh, and exiting the map takes forever because there's no portal after the final fight. The forest troll boss map has such a portal although it's a much smaller map. Why?
Maybe you spread the good loot out better. That way, I also don't become overpowered quite as soon.
- Curse, curse, curse! One thing that makes the grotesque mass of enemy creeps particularly frustrating to fight is the abundance of banshees and their curse ability. It doesn't make any fight difficult but instead makes them drag on even more. Lot's of dispel casting is the only solution. Fun.
- Plot progression in the 2nd chapter. So, chapter one finishes with the ominous worgen threat established as the main thing. That's great stuff. In the beginning of chapter 2, that is still very much the main plot as you begin your first mission by defending an outpost from waves of Worgen. However, after that the Worgen disappear from the story for hours on end. Instead I have to fight some faceless nobody dwarves, humans and undead who have little to no motivation, no memorable characters, and no agenda. Feels like a humongous boring side quest. Resuming with the Worgen quest at the end of chapter 2 is like waking up from a nightmare.
- Fellson feels imbalanced. Fellson's spells are a really mixed bag. On the one hand, his heal was arguably the most broken spell in my party (could only possibly be beaten by other player characters which I didn't choose, but I don't know about that). It's too cheap to cast, heals for far too much, hardly has any cooldown, and can even be used offensively to kill weak/hurt enemies. Especially when Fellson runs around along Grimthor it just gets silly. Since Grimthor is strength-based, he already has like a million HP. Then he has 40% lifesteal, a +10 Armor buff AND reincarnation. Combine that with Fellson's heal and...how exactly is anything supposed to kill Grimthor?? Between the two of them, the hero party has far too much survivability. On the other hand, Fellson has weird spells like the attack speed self-buff and his ultimate. The damage of the ultimate is negligible and the healing pales in comparison to his q. The attack speed buff sends weird signals. I mean, Fellson is a mage and int based. In practice, he's auto-attacking a lot since there's constant fighting, but in terms of creating a lore-friendly character, that's a weird skill for a wizard type. Lastly, his summoning is useless. In the early stages where it could be useful if I prioritized levelling it, it doesn't make much sense because there are a lot of enemies like skeletons, revenants, and wraiths that don't leave corpses (plus the heal is much better anyway, so why would I ever want to choose the summoning over it anyway?). Later on, the summoning is ridiculously weak. I actually checked, and its stats on lvl4 of the skill are worse than those of murlocs you meet in chapter 2. With its lousy 525 HP it's also not a good meat shield. Not that you need any meat shield because of what I mentioned earlier.
- Typos. Just a minor nuisance but there are a lot of typos in the dialogues between characters from beginning to end.
- Party has no personality. Considering how monotonous the gameplay is, it would have been a really nice touch to learn anything about the heroes in my party. Fellson never talks, my PC only says stuff like "Yes, milady" every now and then, and Grimthor is just a random skeleton whom I find on some hill. Grimthor's quest is also weird. So...I meet this random dude and he just asks me to fight some tough monsters because he wants their stuff for...unspecified reasons. I...roll with it because...um...why not, I guess. And after that Grimthor - who neither knows me nor my quest - is like, okay, thanks for the stuff - nevermind why I needed it - I'll tag along with you from now on and follow you to the death. Um, sure.
Oddball.
- Narrative Dissonance/Why the fuck is my hero so overpowered even in terms of the in-game logic? This may seem like a weird nitpick, but it really bothered me. So..to begin with my character gets raised from the dead. A weak fledgling Forsaken who does minor quests to prove their worth. Okay, I get that. Few hours later, I managed to complete some tasks and I've proven myself. So Sylvanas gives me a new task. I am to infiltrate the Scarlet monastery and kill their leaders. First of all...WHAT?! The Scarlet crusade is like a considerable military faction that open opposes the Forsaken nation in warfare. And you want me to infiltrate them? Okay so...I have to be sneaky right? Get in through the sewers, don't raise an alarm, kill their leaders in the dead of night while the other fanatics sleep, create a diversion to draw the bulk of their forces away....? Um, no. As it turns out, I step right in front of their monastery, kill the guards, shit on their lawn and kick in the front door. Then I proceed to methodically murder every single crusade member in a 2 man frontal assault.
If by the logic of the campaign a no-name apothecary and a newbie who was raised from the dead like a day ago can just friggin slaughter the entire crusade mano a mano...why was the crusade even considered a threat??
But it gets worse. In the Mug'Thol sidequest, the quest giver basically asks two crappy newbs (me and Fellson) to take on five ogre tribes, their respective chieftains plus Mug'Thol - all on their own. I'm even expected to raze their bases (more or less). Why does anyone in this world think this is possible???
Same goes for the dwarves. My superior in chapter 2 reveals that the Forsaken - as in the entire force stationed in the area, are struggling against the dwarves. So they send my 3 guys to just waltz in and kill the entire dwarven tribe/kingdom without aid. Bases, leaders, everything. Like, yeah, you got this, right. The fuck.
Then we go to Andorhal...
- Kultira is a dumb, dumb, entitled prick, and the Plaguelands suck badly. So...I learn that theirs heavy fighting in the Plaguelands and our faction needs help. I arrive and voila there's actually a battle going on that I help turn in our favor. So Kultira is like, yo boy, nice that you saved my creepy cheap ass. Say, could you help a man out? I need this small favor. Could you like...um...RAZE FOUR ENEMY OUTPOSTS KILL ALL THEIR TROOPS AND SLAY THEIR COMMANDERS while I sit here and scratch my decaying ballsack.
Next thing I know, Kultira wanders off to the Western Plaguelands (by way of exiting the Eastern Plaguelands map through an exit on the eastern side for some reason. Is the map upside down??). Btw, Andorhal, which we're apparently fighting over, is nowhere to be seen.
In the Western Plaguelands I find Kultira standing all alone in the middle of nowhere and telling me that we're supposed to wage war on the commander of the scourge, a powerful lich. And his lieutenants + their bases. What was Kultira thinking going there all alone??? He can'to do shit on his own. Plus, isn't he supposed to be a commander of troops??? I also think I may have found a bug on this map. During the fight with Araj, the gate closes. But the only Monolith for revival is on the outside. So...if by some miracle I actually managed to die in the fight...how would I get back in for a second chance???
After the fight, Kultira says in passing that he'll send a couple of his men to chase after the scourge remnants in the are. So NOW you think of calling on your troops? What a dick...
- Razing buildings. I already complained about the messed up ingame logic wherein my boss expects three guys to basically go and destroy an entire military outpost on their own. But it's even worse if they also just expect me to manually raze every building. That's as if in the Punic Wars the Romans sent Scipio alone to just raze every building in Carthage. Also, mechanically it's fucking dull to stand in a base that I emptied of troops and stupidly punch every barracks, castle and sanctum to dust. The fact that later on bases keep spawning troops makes the shitfest drag even more. And there are so many frigging missions that require you to kill every single farm in a base manually. Especially the last two missions are absolutely awful in that regard.
- Anticlimactic ending on chapter 2. Chapter 2 ends on a really low note. The plot justs snaps out of it's dream, oh yeah, shit, there was something about Worgen. Uhhh.. here's a map with some of bases. Kill them.
I do that, Sylvanas gives a speech along the lines of "so, let's kill some more Worgen" and that's it for the chapter. Boring.
- Anticlimactic final mission. Five friggin worgen bases to grind down, while babysitting Sylvanas' undead ass. Plus two bonus bases to raze to the last building (as if five weren't enough). Then I fight two guys whom I've never fought and who have no personality + one guys I already beat in the previous mission. I easily kill everything on this map, raze every building, don't die a single time and don't have to even use any ultimates. Then the final cinematic tells me that the battle is going badly. Sure, whatever.
- What was the Worgen's plan to begin with? The first time the Worgen appear in the campaign, they seem to be secretly planning an invasion of the Forsaken lands. They even destroy that one random base. Then I kick their troops to shit. After that, I never learn what their intentions were and on every occasion where I meet them, they get mercilessly clobbered. How did they plan to wage war on the Forsaken if my three man tag team can obliterate their entire military (and grind their capital to dust)???

In conclusion, I like the idea, concept, setting, and theme a lot. And I absolutely loved the attention to detail, models, and textures.
But all of that is dragged down by serious balancing issues, gameplay monotony, a lack of challenges, bland characters, a story without dramatic stakes, and an onslaught of minor things like typos.

If these things were worked out, I think this could become one of the all time great wc3 campaigns and right up there with the best custom stuff on this site. As it is, I can't really recommend it.

Before I read what you say, I was thinking that you are trolling, but after I finish it, I have to admit that you are telling the truth.

Since this campaign was heavily inspired by the official Rexxar campaign, I will use the Rexxar campaign as the standard of comparison. This campaign is no doubt too easy; however I would suggest that it is more because of how weak the enemies are. Although the enemies in chapter 2 & 3 has much higher damage output than those in chapter 1, but their HP is generally TOO LOW. The author does have already buffed the creep's HP in chapter 2 & 3 (comparing to chapter 1 and normal standard units we can see in original wc3), but so far it seems not enough. The author could set some new difficulties to solve this issue, such as normal, hard and insane, and make sure that enemies are challenging enough in the harder mode, or even secret hidden boss limited in the harder mode.

As for the skills of heroes, Fellson is actually an Alchemist rather than a mage or wizard, so a healing potion magic is not that kind of bizarrd for him. But I have to agree that this skill is kind of broken, especially with such weak enemies and Fellson's other useless skills. In fact, this healing potion magic is original wc3 hero Death Knight's Death coil with a different name, but as I can recall, healing potion has a even shorter cooldown than death coil, and Fellson being a intel hero gives him even larger advantange, since he can sure use it much much more often than a strength hero such as death knight.

Grimthor's lifesteal aura and reincarnation do seems overlapped, maybe change one of these two would be nice? For example, lifesteal arua replaced by unholy arua or sth. I know there's an equipment in the campaign that can provide unholy arua, but after all kinds of arua provided by equipment are only level 2 or even level 1, and it would be much more convenient if one of the hero has an moving speed boosting arua himself. Thus, heroes can travel faster through the map, just like what it is in Rexxar campaign.

Besides, I'm always confused that why many of the forsaken allies on the map are not always visible; the magic book players can get in chapter 1, which contains a mass teleport magic, should enable players to travel through the world much easier, but with only a few allies visible on the map, the magic book is not able to show its full potential. Still very useful in chapter 3, though, considering how weak Sylvanas' troop is.

The number of the creeps on the map is not the only problem; after they are killed once, the new, reborn creeps would turn into red and can no longer provided money when they are eliminated, which makes the travelling more disturbing, especially when heroes reach the level limit of the current chapter. I don't understand why the author don't just copy the creeps design from the Rexxar campaign; the creeps in the Rexxar campaign reappear much slower or don't reappear at all, can always provide money and has significantly less number.

Besides, there are 2 skills of player heroes that have serious bugs, unholy death knight's Q skill, unholy strike and survival hunter's R skill, black arrow; both of them are 1 hitter, instantly killing anything when they are used and does much much more damage than the skill's description. I guess that makes these 2 skills even more imbalanced than Fellson's healing potion; however, this imbalance is caused by bug rather than design, so it's actually different case.

My personally suggestion for the author would be dealing with gameplay first, plot later. After all, a good story would be hard to create and sometimes really time consuming, but the gameplay problems we've mentioned here are more straight forward.

P.S. the other hero you haven't acquired is called Mephist, which can be found in chapter 1. He is basically an undead blademaster with even better skills than the normal orc blademaster. By the way, what are the other campaigns you've already played from hive? Any personally favorite and recommendation? Although I do notice the problems of this campaign, I still enjoy it, since campaigns of similar type like this, which are inspired by Rexxar campaign, are kind of rare in hiveworkshop.

Level 2
Before I read what you say, I was thinking that you are trolling, but after I finish it, I have to admit that you are telling the truth.

Just out of curiosity: Why would you think I was trolling?

As for the skills of heroes, Fellson is actually an Alchemist rather than a mage or wizard, so a healing potion magic is not that kind of bizarrd for him. But I have to agree that this skill is kind of broken, especially with such weak enemies and Fellson's other useless skills. In fact, this healing potion magic is original wc3 hero Death Knight's Death coil with a different name, but as I can recall, healing potion has a even shorter cooldown than death coil, and Fellson being a intel hero gives him even larger advantange, since he can sure use it much much more often than a strength hero such as death knight.

I didn't mean to say that his heal was a bizarre thing to have. His W, the attack speed buff, is an oddity. It doesn't synergize with his other skills. In my opinion, Fellson's W and E should be replaced with more useful skills with also increase his mana consumption because as it stands, he's an inexhaustible healbot.

P.S. the other hero you haven't acquired is called Mephist, which can be found in chapter 1. He is basically an undead blademaster with even better skills than the normal orc blademaster. By the way, what are the other campaigns you've already played from hive? Any personally favorite and recommendation? Although I do notice the problems of this campaign, I still enjoy it, since campaigns of similar type like this, which are inspired by Rexxar campaign, are kind of rare in hiveworkshop.

Thanks for pointing that out. I actually went and watched a couple youtube let's plays of this campaign in order to find the fourth hero. Now, I didn't go and replay the campaign with Mephist but from what one can assume based on his skill set, it's another very powerful/OP addition. As an Agi-hero he's bound to build a sizable armor rating over the course of the campaign. He also synergizes extremely well with Grimthor. He gains the lifesteal bonus from Grimthor's aura - which is immensely powerful considering that he will have high attack speed due to his high agility. In addition to that, his Critical strike also means frequent self-heal spikes when he benefits from life steal. Another neat/broken thing about the combo of Mehpist and Grimthor is that they both have 5 second stuns with less than/roughly 10 seconds of cooldown respectively at lvl 4 of their q skills. So...they can basically keep a single enemy permanently stun locked. Again, the amount of survivability through heals and damage mitigation is off the charts.
As for your questions, I actually just went through the most popular custom campaigns on this site before I eventually arrived here. I didn't necessarily play any campaigns in the style of Founding of Durotar though. If you're looking for a roleplay campaign that follows on one character's adventure, I would highly suggest checking out The Legend of Magnador. Iceborn is another pretty superb one. Lastly, you might wanna give Shadows of the Past a try, if you can look past the bad English.

Ah, and of course The Chosen Ones, which is easily my favorite wc3 campaign ever.

(Since all of these maps, aside from Magnador maybe, are fairly well-known, I wager you probably already played them. If not, do yourself a favor and play them :))

Level 3
Just out of curiosity: Why would you think I was trolling?

I didn't mean to say that his heal was a bizarre thing to have. His W, the attack speed buff, is an oddity. It doesn't synergize with his other skills. In my opinion, Fellson's W and E should be replaced with more useful skills with also increase his mana consumption because as it stands, he's an inexhaustible healbot.

Thanks for pointing that out. I actually went and watched a couple youtube let's plays of this campaign in order to find the fourth hero. Now, I didn't go and replay the campaign with Mephist but from what one can assume based on his skill set, it's another very powerful/OP addition. As an Agi-hero he's bound to build a sizable armor rating over the course of the campaign. He also synergizes extremely well with Grimthor. He gains the lifesteal bonus from Grimthor's aura - which is immensely powerful considering that he will have high attack speed due to his high agility. In addition to that, his Critical strike also means frequent self-heal spikes when he benefits from life steal. Another neat/broken thing about the combo of Mehpist and Grimthor is that they both have 5 second stuns with less than/roughly 10 seconds of cooldown respectively at lvl 4 of their q skills. So...they can basically keep a single enemy permanently stun locked. Again, the amount of survivability through heals and damage mitigation is off the charts.
As for your questions, I actually just went through the most popular custom campaigns on this site before I eventually arrived here. I didn't necessarily play any campaigns in the style of Founding of Durotar though. If you're looking for a roleplay campaign that follows on one character's adventure, I would highly suggest checking out The Legend of Magnador. Iceborn is another pretty superb one. Lastly, you might wanna give Shadows of the Past a try, if you can look past the bad English.

Ah, and of course The Chosen Ones, which is easily my favorite wc3 campaign ever.

(Since all of these maps, aside from Magnador maybe, are fairly well-known, I wager you probably already played them. If not, do yourself a favor and play them :))

(Still don't know how to use the quote, so I will just answer in order)

My mistake, really. When I saw your review for the first time, I just go over it very roughly and only see those bolded words and the "I don't recommand it, really" at the end; I was enjoying this campaign while knowing some of its flaws, and suddenly see this? That's why I was thinking that you are trolling. I completely changed my mind after reading your comment carefully, of course, and unfortunately this comes with a side effect: since your points are right and I agree with most of them, all of a sudden I lost my interest in keeping playing Legacy of Lordaeron:oops:. I don't know if I should feel sorry for the campaign, for the author, warseeker, or for myself:confused:.

No wonder. For an alchemist, his E skill does seem odd (and extremely uselless, in whatever ACT), but maybe not for the W skill? If you can still remember, in original wc3, one of the neutral hero, goblin alchemist, does have a skill to increase his attack speed. It was like the goblin alchemist drink some potion to do that or sth. Still, it is weak comparing to the all powerful healing potion (long cooldown, only 12 seconds, and CAN BE DISPELLED!!!!!!! which is very disturbing, since I always carry at least one staff of negation, and 1 other item that players got from Scarlett Crusade also has the same ability of a staff of negation). As for Fellson's Q skill, maybe adding the cooldown or mana consumption, like 10-12 seconds cooldown (just have a test in the game, Fellson' healing potion IS EXACTLY THE SAME as a normal Death Knight's death coil... also 6 seconds cooldown. Never realize a 6 seconds cooldown can be this kind of fast before) and 90-100 mana consumption would be able to balance it.

Mephist is very powerful indeed; he has absolutely highest physical damage output in the team with the critical strike skill, and also horrible magical damage with his bladestorm. If only 3 heroes already make the gameplay easy and boring for you, then adding Mephist would make it even worse, I guess...
For the long time of stun locked, actually this is not the issue as long as the enemies are challenging; as you can remember, this is exactly the same technique that you will use in Rexxar campaign: Rexxer's storm bolt, Cairne's war stomp, and Rokhan's hex. However, Rexxar Campaign at hard mode can still be challenging (if not extremely challenging), which is why I think how strong the enemies are would be the more important issue, even than heroes' skill design.

The Legend of Magnador, Iceborn, Shadows of the Past, and The Chosen Ones... got it, since I do have downloaded lots of campaigns from this site (and I only focus on campaigns), I need to check out if I have already played them or not;).
I really like the design of Founding of Durotar, which is letting you use a appropriate number of heroes (3-4), instead of only one, to do a RPG style campaign; that's why I was keeping looking for campaigns that like this. However, I do play all kinds of campaign.
My personal favorite and personally suggested all time greatest campaigns would be tomoraider's Curse of the Forsaken and Rise of the Blood Elves, and Turnro's series, especially Malfurion's quest (the other 3 are also good, but none of them is even near the magnificance of Malfurion's quest; it is just too incredible, no doubt the best of the best among Turnro's work so far). All of these campaigns have really good design on all aspects, and contain multiple styles of gameplay; that's why I would absolutely recommand these masterful piece. Some other campaigns also have some potenial, but it is rare for authors to keep updating the work like Turnro and tomoraider do; it's why their campaigns can be so good: they are evolving all the time.
(Sorry for the ad's like introduction; I just like their work too much:p)

One thing forget to say: I do enjoy the campaigns which focus on the original warcraft lores; actually I always dream about some campaigns telling all the stories happened in world of warcraft so far (although it is also ture that WoW's lore so far has some serious problems... especially the current expansion. Poor Sylvanas and Horde). That's another reason why I like tomoraider's work so much.

Last edited:
Level 28
Hey, @Zetubal and @Ancient God Kratos, I would like to thank you both for the reviews and criticizes on my campaign, I will give a brief explanation for that later.

@Zetubal
- Balance issues/it's far too easy. Several factors make the game ridiculously easy from a certain point onwards. I played a rogue character (the one with slice & dice), and after the Scarlet Monastery I was virtually invincible. Without even using the stat boosting tomes that I could have bought with the overload of otherwise useless gold, my character ended up having like 27 armor, 2,5k HP and Dodge. After finishing the monastery and equipping the loot found there, Fellson also has pretty much infinite mana. Paired with his insane 800 HP heal that costs 75 Mana and has only a handful of seconds cooldown, the two of them were largely unkillable. At the point where Grimthor is added to the team and grants another ludicrous 40% lifesteal with his aura, it simply gets bizarre. I can honestly say that I cleared nearly all maps in chapter 2 by giving a chain of go+attack commands to all over the map while doing something in another tab. Nothing can stop the hero party. Apparently there's a fourth hero whom I didn't even pick up. This would have made things even more trivial. I'm not a hardcore gamer who needs campaigns to be as hard as the Arkain series or To The Bitter End. But some challenge would have been nice. If I can kill bosses by just auto-attacking them, something's wrong.
I agree that the characters aren't all balanced to the same level. Some are OP comparing to the other classes. However, the difference isn't that big in term of gameplay. Some characters start very weak and becomes much strongers with each level, All classes have their points of strength and weakness, It all depends on how you play them. Now, as for the other heroes (Fellson, Grimthos and Merphist) they were all placed in a way so that they can support the Main Hero. Yes, Grimthos's Vampiric Aura makes the gameplay much easier especially if you play melee hero but it's not the case if you're playing other classes.
- Too many enemies. It feels like the game's response to me being overpowered is just ramping up the number of stuff I have to kill. The monotony of being forced to trudge through hundreds and hundreds of un-challenging boring creeps is insane. It's just busy work. Plus, even though there are too many enemy troops, there's still no challenge. Even in maps like the final one where waves of enemy troops crash onto Sylvanas' base, all I had to do is put Grimthor on the bridge. I don't think I used him for anything else and never issued another command to him.
You don't necessary need to kill them if you can just get past them.
- No more (good) loot after the dwarven mission. Soon after Grimthor joins the party you go on the mission against the dwarves where you also find the SI:7 assassins. I'm fairly certain that this is the last mission with decent loot. Everything you find after that (as in: throughout the entire latter half of the campaign) is sub par by comparison, with many (mini-)bosses dropping either nothing at all or stuff that is a downgraded version of what I already have equipped. This is particularly laughable in the side quest on the map with Galen Trollbane where I received an item that gives a character like 3 Agility and movespeed. Why even have such a reward? Who would ever equip that? The two optional dungeons are especially bad in that way. The one with the forest troll boss and Scholomance are full of useless, underpowered loot. Scholomance is particularly frustrating in that sense because the map is gigantic, full of unchallenging hordes of enemies and there was not a single useful item to be found.
The items on this campaign aren't placed in a way like you get some simple items at the beginning and then you will be rewarded with great items at the end, it's all random.
Oh, and exiting the map takes forever because there's no portal after the final fight.
This wouldn't have happened if you picked the Spellbook with the Mass Teleport ability in Act One. But it's a nice suggestion nonetheless.
- Curse, curse, curse! One thing that makes the grotesque mass of enemy creeps particularly frustrating to fight is the abundance of banshees and their curse ability. It doesn't make any fight more difficult but instead makes them drag on even more. Lots of dispel casting is the only solution. Fun.
Curse might be disturbing especially when your heroes are weak but it shouldn't be a problem when your heroes get stronger.
- Plot progression in the 2nd chapter. So, chapter one finishes with the ominous Worgen threat established as the main plot element. That's great stuff. In the beginning of chapter 2, that is still very much the main plot as you begin your first mission by defending an outpost from waves of Worgen. However, after that the Worgen disappear from the story for hours on end. Instead, I have to fight some faceless nobody dwarves, humans, and undead who have little to no motivation, boast no memorable characters, and no agenda. Feels like a humongous boring side quest. Resuming with the Worgen quest at the end of chapter 2 is like waking up from a nightmare.
Act 2 contains some quests based/taken from WoW like the Stormpike or Wildhammer Dwarves, that's way. However, that shouldn't ruin the whole story nonetheless.
Fellson isn't a Mage but rather an Alchemist, that's way his has his healing potion and self-buff, same can be said for his summoning. He isn't really that OP, His main purpose is to heal his allies while helping a bit with his summoning.
- Typos. Just a minor annoyance, but there are a lot of typos in the dialogues between characters from beginning to end.
English isn't my native language, I only use basic english for the dialogues.
Oddball.
True, the characters on this campaign aren't well presented like they should be. They were all placed randomly, it's not like the Founding of Durotar where the characters know each other well. I am more focused on the gameplay rather than making presentation of the heroes.
- Narrative Dissonance/Why the fuck is my hero so overpowered even in terms of the in-game logic? This may seem like a weird nitpick, but it really bothered me. So..to begin with my character gets raised from the dead. A weak fledgling Forsaken who does minor quests to prove their worth. Okay, I get that. Few hours later, I managed to complete some tasks and I've proven myself. So Sylvanas gives me a new task. I am to infiltrate the Scarlet Monastery and kill their leaders. First of all...WHAT?! The Scarlet Crusade is like a considerable military faction that openly opposes the Forsaken nation in warfare. And you want me to infiltrate them? Okay so...I have to be sneaky right? Get in through the sewers, don't raise an alarm, kill their leaders in the dead of night while the other fanatics sleep, create a diversion to draw the bulk of their forces away....? Um, no. As it turns out, I step right in front of their monastery, kill the guards, shit on their lawn and kick in the front door. Then I proceed to methodically murder every single crusade member in a 2-men frontal assault.
But it gets worse. In the Mug'Thol sidequest, the quest giver basically asks two crappy newbs (me and Fellson) to take on five entire ogre tribes, their respective chieftains, plus Mug'Thol - all on their own. I'm even expected to raze their bases (more or less). Why does anyone in this world think this is possible???
There isn't any particular logic in this whole campaign, like I said, this campaign was inspired by WoW gameplay and lore from the beginning to the end. And we all know that WoW doesn't have a sense of logic if that's what you are looking for, like for example, Arthas who got killed by a bunch of players rather than the real characters we know, same can be said for this campaign.
- Kultira is a dumb, dumb, entitled prick, and the Plaguelands suck badly. So...I learn that there's heavy fighting in the Plaguelands and our faction needs help. I arrive and, voilà, there's actually a battle going on that I help turn in our favour. So Kultira is like, yo boy, nice that you saved my creepy cheap ass. Say, could you help a man out? I need this small favor. Could you like...um...RAZE FOUR ENEMY OUTPOSTS KILL ALL THEIR TROOPS AND SLAY THEIR COMMANDERS while I sit here and scratch my decaying ballsack. He basically asks the relief force of three random guys to just go and win his war. Without his aid.
In the Western Plaguelands I find Kultira standing all alone in the middle of nowhere and telling me that we're supposed to wage war on the local commander of the scourge, a powerful lich. And his lieutenants + their bases. What was Kultira thinking going there all alone??? He can'to do shit on his own. Plus, isn't he supposed to be a commander of troops??? I also think I may have found a bug on this map. During the fight with Araj, the gate closes. But the only Monolith for revival is on the outside. So...if by some miracle I actually managed to die in the fight...how would I get back in for a second chance???
After the fight, Kultira says in passing that he'll send a couple of his men to chase after the scourge remnants in the area. So NOW you think of calling on your troops? What a dick...
Like I said, this is how WoW mechanisms works, the NPCs gives you the quest, and you do them, it's not for them to do it. If you're not familiar with WoW then this might not be the campaign that may want to play.
- Razing buildings. I already complained about the messed up ingame logic whereby my boss expects three guys to basically go and destroy an entire military outpost on their own. But it's even worse if they also just expect me to manually raze every building. That's as if in the Punic Wars the Romans sent Scipio alone to just raze every building in Carthage. Also, mechanically it's fucking dull to stand in a base that I emptied of troops and stupidly punch every barracks, castle and sanctum to dust. The fact that later on bases keep spawning troops makes the shitfest drag even more. And there are so many frigging missions that require you to kill every single farm in a base manually. Especially the last two missions are absolutely awful in that regard.
Razing building might be frustrating sometimes but even in Rexxar's campaign you have mission where you need to destroy buildings.
Anticlimactic ending on chapter 2. Chapter 2 ends on a really low note. The plot just snaps out of its dream like, oh yeah, shit, there was something about Worgen. Uhhh.. here's a map with some of their bases. Kill them.
Act 2 didn't get a better ending like I hoped for sadly, it could have been better than that but unfoutunatly I didn't get enough time and ambition to finish it.
- Anticlimactic final mission. Five friggin worgen bases to grind down, while babysitting
Sylvanas' undead ass. Plus two bonus bases to raze to the last building (as if five weren't enough). Then I fight two guys whom I've never fought or met before, and who have no discernible personality + one guy I already beat up in the previous mission. I easily kill everything on this map, raze every building, don't die a single time and don't have to even use any ultimates. Then the final cinematic tells me that the battle is going badly. Sure, whatever.
This campaign has the same ending of the Battle for Gilneas from WoW : Cataclysm. This whole mission was inspired by it.
- What was the Worgen's plan to begin with? The first time the Worgen appear in the campaign, they seem to be secretly planning an invasion of the Forsaken lands. They even destroy that one random base. Then I kick their troops to shit. After that, I never learn what their intentions were and on every occasion where I meet them, they get mercilessly clobbered. How did they plan to wage war on the Forsaken if my three men tag team can obliterate their entire military (and grind their capital to dust)???
If you read some articles about WoW : Cataclysm, you'll know that the Forsaken and Worgen have entred into a brutal conflict ever since the Greyman Wall was shattred by the Cataclysm, the Worgen attack on the Forsaken outpost serve only as a demonstration that shows the hostility between the two factions. and of course, the whole assault on Gilneas was ordered by Garrosh and not Sylvanas.
@Ancient God Kratos
Since this campaign was heavily inspired by the official Rexxar campaign, I will use the Rexxar campaign as the standard of comparison. This campaign is no doubt too easy; however I would suggest that it is more because of how weak the enemies are. Although the enemies in chapter 2 & 3 has much higher damage output than those in chapter 1, but their HP is generally TOO LOW. The author does have already buffed the creep's HP in chapter 2 & 3 (comparing to chapter 1 and normal standard units we can see in original wc3), but so far it seems not enough. The author could set some new difficulties to solve this issue, such as normal, hard and insane, and make sure that enemies are challenging enough in the harder mode, or even secret hidden boss limited in the harder mode.
The Founding of Durotar was also easy to beat even on Hard difficulty, comparing this campaign to Founding of Durotar, I would say Rexxar's campaign was much easier in term of gameplay and doesn't consume a lot of time. All my heroes were basically invicible.
Grimthor's lifesteal aura and reincarnation do seems overlapped, maybe change one of these two would be nice? For example, lifesteal arua replaced by unholy arua or sth. I know there's an equipment in the campaign that can provide unholy arua, but after all kinds of arua provided by equipment are only level 2 or even level 1, and it would be much more convenient if one of the hero has an moving speed boosting arua himself. Thus, heroes can travel faster through the map, just like what it is in Rexxar campaign.
I may change some of Grimthos' spells in the upcoming updates.
Besides, I'm always confused that why many of the forsaken allies on the map are not always visible; the magic book players can get in chapter 1, which contains a mass teleport magic, should enable players to travel through the world much easier, but with only a few allies visible on the map, the magic book is not able to show its full potential. Still very useful in chapter 3, though, considering how weak Sylvanas' troop is.
Good point here.
The number of the creeps on the map is not the only problem; after they are killed once, the new, reborn creeps would turn into red and can no longer provided money when they are eliminated, which makes the travelling more disturbing, especially when heroes reach the level limit of the current chapter. I don't understand why the author don't just copy the creeps design from the Rexxar campaign; the creeps in the Rexxar campaign reappear much slower or don't reappear at all, can always provide money and has significantly less number.
I've fixed the color bug in the recent update.
Not permanently, a lot of mana can be mustered, just give more minions to play with. I wouldn't mind a demonology path to be Dark Portal (random demons every time, stronger and numerous after each level) + Rain of Chaos (infernal, every level gives +1) + Rain of Fire (increased radius and damage) + Word of the Legion *or insert fancy name* (Level 6 - Nathrezim Elite, army buffer with different abilities, Level 12 - aditional Elite, or just a stronger version)

The arcane mage path is unfun to play. Items can be found with Silence ability, therefore renders this ability pointless, Mirror Image is also, intel hero + low armor and hp, enemies rip them apart easily, not worth the mana and ability point and barely capable to distraction. Polymorph is Okayish, Arcane Blast is too weak, and has too much cooldown. This path becomes absolete early on. Buffing the range and damage of the Arcane Blast would be ideal, as well as drasticly lowering the cooldown. Polymorph would be great as an aoe ability if you can do things like that. Instead of Mirror Image, as a crowd controll/disruptor spell, momentarily turning enemies against each other would be better. Basicly Charm, but without permanent effect. (Autocast ability) And instead of Silence, anything.
I may take that under consideration. However, I personnally find that the Demonology Warlock is already OP enough for the Rain of Chaos spell or Dark Portal...
Anyway, Thanks for the suggestions.
Yea, it still crash after the cinematic, im thinking maybe there's nothing wrong with the name changing chat, maybe something in 1.30.1 is breaking the game for most of us
Encountered same problem with this guy.
Yeah still the same crash right after the first cinematic :(
I believe @ploteventflag is right here, the naming changing doesn't seem to be the cause of the crash, I did a small test last week by trying to turn off every trigger related to the name changing and the intro cinematic on the map, yet the crash still occur for some unknown reason, to be completely honest, I have no idea what's causing this crash, the triggers are all fine. Patch 1.30 must have broke something within the script of this campaign which I don't know where exactly. For now, the only solution I found is basically removing the entire Hero Selection System from the first map and leave only ONE pre-placed character at the beginning of the map, or maybe creating a different Hero Selection System I guess. I don't know tbh.

Edit : As it turned out, the cinematics are causing the crash. Frankly, I have no idea why is this happening, It's just that whenever the hero you select at the beginning enters in a cinematic the game crashes at the end without reason.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey, @Zetubal and @Ancient God Kratos, I would like to thank you both for the reviews and criticizes on my campaign, I will give a brief explanation for that later.

I may take that under consideration. However, I personnally find that the Demonology Warlock is already OP enough for the Rain of Chaos spell or Dark Portal...

I believe @ploteventflag is right here, the naming changing doesn't seem to be the cause of the crash, I did a small test last week by trying to turn off every trigger related to the name changing and the intro cinematic on the map, yet the crash still occur for some unknown reason, to be completely honest, I have no idea what's causing this crash, the triggers are all fine. Patch 1.30 must have broke something within the script of this campaign which I don't know where exactly. For now, the only solution I found is basically removing the entire Hero Selection System from the first map and leave only ONE pre-placed character at the beginning of the map, or maybe creating a different Hero Selection System I guess. I don't know tbh.

Thanks! I would love to see author's thought on this. Plus, I hope that you can remember to fix the damage problem of unholy death knight's Q skill and Survival hunter's R skill; to get a "whosyourdaddy" damage output without typing the cheat code is kind of ridiculouso_O

Level 28
Thanks! I would love to see author's thought on this. Plus, I hope that you can remember to fix the damage problem of unholy death knight's Q skill and Survival hunter's R skill; to get a "whosyourdaddy" damage output without typing the cheat code is kind of ridiculouso_O
The Death Knight's Q skill equal to Rexxar's Storm bolt skill when it comes to the amount of damage and stun. The Survival Hunter's ultimate is fine as it is imo.

Level 1

She is, if you consider using the other heroes (companions) as well. I'm saying soloing the campaign using only the summon warlock, would be challenging and awesome! Or just make this dark portal+rain of chaos path a 3+1, or "DLC". While we are on this subject, I also wouldn't mind adding this option to other classes as well, a new 4th path to solo the game. Let your imagination roam free. #makeithappenwarseeker

Level 2
Me too crash the game after cinematic but....
I have the solution thanks to which the game works.
If you selected hero (Class and Spec), a message pops up to enter the hero's name. First: enter the code (iseedeadpeople) and then the name of the hero. It's work for me in patch 1.30+.

PS: Sorry for my english...

Level 3
The Death Knight's Q skill equal to Rexxar's Storm bolt skill when it comes to the amount of damage and stun. The Survival Hunter's ultimate is fine as it is imo.

?Really? Are you sure about that? Because when I use these 2 characters, unholy death knigjht's Q skill and survival hunter's R skill do much much much more damage than the descrption you write, as I have stated in the earlier reply.

Due to the descrption, each of these 2 skills should only be able to do 300-400 damage, but in the actual gameplay, they can do much more, like 1 hit instant kill anything. If you don't believe that and want some evidence, I can record it for you.