• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Warseeker Presents

Legacy of Lordaeron
v 2.7

A Forsaken Campaign

Legacy of Lordaeron is a custom singleplayer RPG campaign inspired by the Founding of Durotar campaign and World of Warcraft. The gameplay is basically an adventuring and questing style, levelling and unraveling the story. The object of this campaign is to complete quests while developing your heroes' abilities just like in the Founding of Durotar.

Important : Due to the new features implied in this campaign, this campaign will no longer work on any earlier versions of the game below patch 1.29.2. You can download the latest patch of Warcraft 3 via Battle.net or via the Warcraft 3 Launcher. (Requires CD-Keys)
You can, however, download an old version of the campaign which is compatible with patch 1.27a here. (This version will not receive anymore updates)

Note : The Transition among the campaign maps will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.

Features

- Transition Among Campaign Maps.
- A storyline inspired by World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.
- 6 Character Classes.
- Variable Difficulty Level.
- New Custom Units, Items, Abilities and sounds.

Story

Following the death of the Lich King. Sylvanas Windrunner, The Queen of the Forsaken, alongside with her Forsaken army started to take far more aggressive stance in their battle against the remnants of the Scarlet Crusade, the Scourge and the Alliance as they attempt to conquer Lordaeron as their own...

Missions

Act One : Rise of the Forsaken
Act Two : Road to Supremacy
Act Three : Conquest of Gilneas

Change Log

Released

- Fixed bug in Blackthorn Bandits Quest, the Block Path of Trees is now passable.
- Fixed bug in Odd Vision Quest, the Block Path of Trees in now passable.
- Fellson's Healing Spray Ability has been replaced by Elixir of Death..

- Fixed some dialogue mistakes.

- bugs fixes and small changes.
- Reduced the campaign file size.
- Blackthorn Bandits Quest is now accessible without requirement of finishing "Aiding the Forsakens" Quest.
- Added a Creep Respawn in Sub-Maps.

- Fixed small bugs all over.

Major Changes :
- Transition System : The Transition system works now with multiboards, before stepping into a new zone, a dialogue will ask you either you want/or not to access that zone.
- Fixed a bug which prevent Creep Respawn from working after the Transition.
- The Quest "Slay the Orcs" has now a different feature, You're no longer required to destroy ALL bases. All you have to do now is simply killing the enemy heroes.
- Added 2 more class to play : Death Knight - Hunter
- Fixed a small bug in "Missing Ingredients" quest.
- An improvement in the quests, cinematics description.
- A little bit change of the story.

1.6a : - Added a Drop Item System
- Added two more class to play : Rogue - Warrior
- I made the cinematics transmission a little bit longer.
1.6b : - Changed the Hunter's model.
- Some changes in the DK and Mage skills.
- Fixes in the description and transmissions.
- You are now to able to train Val'kyr in Slay the Orcs quest.

- Major bug fixes and maintenance.
- Fixed two cinematic bugs in Alterac Ruins map.

Released Act Two and Three.

Act One : - Fixed a bug in the Necrolyte's Quest. Black Dragon Claw and Eye of Shadow are now visible.
- Replaced Faranell in the Secret Mission (the underground cave) with Nathanos instead.
- Fixed the Death Knight's Ebon Might ability: It increases the damage by percent instead of a specified number, also this ability affect the DK only.
- Replaced the Hunter's Black Arrows ability with Poison Arrows.
- Replaced the Mage's Meteor Strike ability with Fire Bolt.
- Changed a bit the story of the Blackthorn's bandits.
- Small bug fixes and changes all over the maps of this act.
- Stash in now available in every map, including the sub-maps.
Act Two : - Reworked on all the maps of this act and added 3 new maps.
- Removed the Broken Isles and Den of the Warlock map.
- Replaced Galen's Death Pact ability with Inner Rage.
- Increased the Neutral Hostile units' damage, health and armor.
Act Three : - Map 1 : Changed the design and gameplay style of this map.
- Map 2 : Increased a little bit the Worgen battleships' damage and health.
- Map 3 : The fight with Genn Greymane goes on three bosses instead of fighting him individually.
- Increased the Worgen units' damage and health.
- Removed Ivar Bloodfang and Lord Vincent Godfrey from this map.

- Bug fixes and balance improvement.
- Replaced the Rebel Orcs in Alterac Ruins with Crushridge Ogres.
- Changed the storyline of Act Three to make it similar to WoW : Cataclysm.
- Changed the model of Herod.

- Added a Specialization Selection for each class.
- Reduced the damage of Kill Shot to 750 at level 2.
- Merphist no longer cost food.

- Update the campaign to patch 1.29.2
- Added a new sub-map : Scholomance
- Bug fixes and general improvements
- You are now able to customize your Character's name in the menu selection.
- Added a new optional quest in Silverpine Forest.
- Changed the quest : Crushridge Ogres from main quest to optional.
- Fixed the Scarlet Monastery bug on patch 1.29. The quest should work fine now.
- Changed Merphist's Mana Burn ability.
- Changed Faranell's model.
- Galen is no longer a controlable/obtainable hero in this act. Instead you will get Grimthos. Grimthos is bonus hero that you can obtain as a fourth hero after compeleting his quest, just like Merphist in Act One.
- Revamped the Battle for Andorhal and added 2 Scourge bases.
- Changed the Bloodfang Lieutenant's model.
- Revamped the first chapter of Act Three and added 2 extra Worgen bases.
- Removed the second chapter of Act Three and replaced it with a mini-dungeon in Act Two.
- Turned the last chapter of Act Three into a macro mission.

- Updated the campaign to make it work with patch 1.30.1.
- Changed the Hero Selection System with a different one.
- Added a shared vision of Brill, Velonara's Camp and the Transition Locations.
- Added a Tomb of Relics in Brill.
- Removed the Blizzard and Mana Siphon from the Spellbook.
- Warlock : Summon Felhunter : Reduced to 1 Felhunter instead of 2, Increased damage and armor; can now be healed.
- DK : Scourge Strike : Fixed the instant kill bug also reduced the extra damage per second and the spell duration.

-----------------------------------------------
Tirisfal Glades
: - Most of the Skeletons have been replaced by Scourge minions.
Scarlet Monastery : - Added a new Resurrection Stone in the north-west.
- Changed the location of the first Resurrection Stone and stash.
Arathi Highlands : - Added two Resurrection Stones, one on the north-east, the other on the south-west.
Alterac Ruins : - Added more spells to the ogre heroes.
Hillsbrad Foothills : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Tarren Mill.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cinematics and Dialogues : - Improved most of the dialogues.
Items : Changed some of the loots dropped by creeps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Death Knight (Frost) : - Deathchill : No longer decrease attack damage.
Warlock (Demonology) : - Shadow bolt --> Summon Succubus.
- Summon Felhunter : Increased hit points and mana cost.
Hunter (Survival) : - Kill Shot : Increased mana cost and cooldown.
Fellson : - Elixir of Death : Reduced the amount of heal for level 2,3 and 4 (200/350/500/600 instead of 200/400/600/800)
- Chemical Rage : Reduced the attack rate for each level.
Merphist : - Skewer : Reduced the amount of damage.
Grimthos : - Vampiric Aura --> Vampiric Touch (Single Target)
- Hardened Armor --> Howl of Terror.

- Act 3 button should now appear after completing Act 2.
- Agamand Mills : - The level 6 Lich is no longer a Hero.
- Hillsbrad Foothills : - Removed the tomes from the Tomb of Relics.
- Added a shared vision for Southshore and the Sludge Fields.
- Hinterlands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Maranel's camp.
- Added a Hero in the Highvale Elves' outpost.
- Eastern Plaguelands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.
- Western Plaguelands : - Added a Goblin Merchant.
- The Portals are now invulnerables during the fight with Araj.
- Koltira will now engage in fight with Araj.
- Silverpine Forest : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.

------------------------ Heroes -------------------------------

- Death Knight : - Changed his model.
- Warlock (Demonology) : - Succubus can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Hunter (Beast Master) : - Black Spider can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Mage (Arcane) : Changed all his spells.
- Fellson : - Nerfed Elixir of Death ( 150/300/450/600 instead of 200/350/500/600)
- Sludges can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Merphist : - Nerfed the chances of Critical Strike to 10% instead of 15%.
- Grimthos : - Changed all his spells except Reincarnation.
- Fixed Grimthos' Exp Cap in Act 2.

- Added a Hero in the undead encampment of the first mission of Act 3.
- Worgen Workers can no longer build structures when possessing them.
- After destroying the Bloodfang and Liberation Worgen bases, the Forsaken will send more reinforcements.

- Fixed the Death Knight's Frost Presence ability.
- Nerfed the Rogue's Adrenaline Rush ability.
- Increased the stats of the items that can be found in Scholamance.
- Improved the Forsaken AI in the last mission of Act 3.
- Nerfed the Worgen units' HP in the last mission of Act 3.
- Changed the model of Merphist and his ultimate.

- Fellson's Summon Sludge ability no longer requires a corpse.
- Replaced the Arcane Mage's Absord Magic ability with Summon Arcane Golem.
- Gold/Lumber will now transition to Act 2.
- Battle for Andorhal : No longer requires to destroy the bases.

- Arcane Blast now deals accurate damage.
- Illusion : No longer take multiple damage, Reduced cooldown from 45 to 30, Reduced mana cost to 75. Illusions can now deal damage to enemy units.
- Evocation can now be used on friendly units/Heroes aswell.

- Fixed Memory Leaks.
- Fixed a known issue in patch 1.31.

Screenshots

wc3scrnshot_072418_153526_12-jpeg.303508
wc3scrnshot_072418_154530_18-jpeg.303507
wc3scrnshot_072418_164229_38-jpeg.303509

wc3scrnshot_072518_093641_06-jpeg.303511

wc3scrnshot_072518_102012_20-jpeg.303512
wc3scrnshot_072518_164808_10-jpeg.303513

wc3scrnshot_072518_171225_15-jpeg.303514
wc3scrnshot_072618_101925_10-jpeg.303518
wc3scrnshot_072618_103236_14-jpeg.303520

Credits

- Anemic Royalty
- Ujimasa Hojo
- ironmaiden
- Alastor
- Edge45
- Fingolfin
- Suselishe
- Kuhneghetz
- Mike
- Buster
- Matarael
- Grendel
- JesusHipster
- Tarrasque
- UgoUgo
- Sellenisko
- Power
- GUNNER
- Kitabatake
- assasin_lord
- donut3.5
- AndrewOverload519
- Callahan
- imforfun
- xyzier_24
- General Frank
- Nasrudin
- Stefan.K

- 67chrome
- Juice_F
- Dionesiist
- chr2
- CloudWolf
- THE_END
- Blood Raven

- Apheraz Lucent
- Marcos DAB
- Kyzerdrood32
- AndrewOverload519
- San
- PeeKay
- M0rbid
- Heinvers
- FrlkY
- BLazeKrake
- 67chrome
- Mr.Goblin
- PrinceYaser
- Nuhneghetz
- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- Sin'dorei300
- NFWar
- Paladon
- Kael Theron
- Zephyrius2412

- Transition System by Starquizer
- Respawn System by SkriK
- Hero Selection System by Felipe Gormadoc
- Knockback System by Tom_Kazansky
- Omnislash System by f0rsAk3n
If you saw your resource and I didn't give you credit for it, just tell me so I can add you.

FAQ

- Q : Why do I get a black screen when I try to play this campaign?
- A: That's because you don't have the latest patch of Warcraft 3 installed. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version in order to play this campaign. (Currently it works only on patch above 1.29.2)
- Q: Why do I get back to the menu screen whenever I return from a sub-map?
- A: As I said above. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version to the latest patch.
- Q: If I rename the filename of this campaign, will it cause any bug?
- A: Yes, it will. The campaign transition will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.
- Q : Why do I get back to the beginning of this campaign when I reload?
- A : It is possible that sometimes the transition will fail and you will get back to the beginning of this campaign, this occur even in Rexxar's campaign, my advice is to always backup your progress or make sure to save regularly to prevent losing your progress.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7 (Campaign)

Reviews
Rufus
As the bugs I found have been fixed, and I trust that you will fix any future ones after your best ability, this campaign is now approved. I don't usually replay things I've moderated, but for this one, I'll look forward to future updates! Good luck!
Level 28
Of course not?? Why would I do that?
Just wondering, because renaming this campaign will make the transition (the loading) no longer work so I thought that maybe this is the problem. But since it's not, then it could be something different...
Anyway, does this happen everytime you try to reload? Maybe your save file is corrupted, do you still have a backup for that chapter?

Level 1
Just wondering, because renaming this campaign will make the transition (the loading) no longer work so I thought that maybe this is the problem. But since it's not, then it could be something different...
Anyway, does this happen everytime you try to reload? Maybe your save file is corrupted, do you still have a backup for that chapter?
This also occured once to me before when I was playing 2.5b. This problem just came up when it is alright for a while before. Everytime while the save is being loaded, the game quited. I decided to download and play 2.5c version instead, after some time this problem occured again. I still have the save file.

Level 28
This also occured once to me before when I was playing 2.5b. This problem just came up when it is alright for a while before. Everytime while the save is being loaded, the game quited. I decided to download and play 2.5c version instead, after some time this problem occured again. I still have the save file.
It could be a version issue. You may want to update your Warcraft 3 version to 1.30.4 to fix the issue.

Level 28
Why does summon sludge spell not work on neutral creep? I try it on level 1 creep and it said creep too powerful. It only work unit that can be trained (ghoul, abom, footman, priest, etc...)
Hm, this is very strange. Apparently the Doom ability has some issues. it doesn't seem to work on creeps when you level it up. I've just realised about this bug while I was looking at these threads :
[Spell] - Doom and Problem with "doom"
Anyway, Thank you for reporting this bug. Will try to find a solution to it asap.

Edit : Fixed.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey, Warseeker, it has been a long time; how do you do?
Glad that you are still updating, and have already made some change with Arcane Mage. However, I still have some thoughts with this character, so I will share them here.

First, Arcane Mage's mirror image spell is still too weak despite the fact that it can be cast on any unit. The mirror images suppose to tank for the heroes, but they are too fragile to do so because they would take double damage comparing to normal units, and cannot be healed by any means (not even by the runes). I have considered about enhancing this spell, but now we have Arcane Golem, which I believe that its function would somehow overlap with mirror image spell. Thus, I personally recommand that simply replacing this magic with other ones; mana burn or feedback would be nice, since Arcane Mage should focus on manipulating magic.

Second, I have some doubt with Arcane Mage's E ability, restoring mana... I mean, as an intelligence based hero, Arcane Mage would only need to rely on this ability for a really limited time; he wouldn't worry about burning out his mana once his level is high enough, like 5 or 6. This ability would be more useful if it can be cast on other heroes as well, or you can also replace this spell with other ones, such as spell steal, which is able to provide the same function as the cancelled absorb magic, but with even better performance.

Third, there is sth really weird going on with Arcane Mage's ultimate, Arcane blast... It is supposed to do 250 damage at lv1 and 400 damage at lv2, but it can never reach this damage when it is used in actual battle. At first, I guess that it has the same problem with Archamage's blizzard or Blood Mage's flame strike, which will have a damage split/decrease problem when it affects too many targets, like 6 or more. However, it is not the case; I did some furthur test with Arcane Blast, using it on 1 single target like 1 enemy unit or 1 enemy building, and it is still not able to do 250/400 damage. This is really strange to me... I just don't know what is perventing Arcane blast from doing its actual damage. Maybe you set a wrong damage type with this spell? Such as Arcane Blast is in fact pierce damage, and thus its damage would be lower than usual on so many different kinds of enemies? That's the only reason I can think of. Besides, I think that you can still cut down the cooldown of Arcane blast, like 1/3; the current cooldown is shorter than before but still too long.

Here are some pictures that would help explain what I'm talking about: 哔哩哔哩相簿,绘你所想,拍你所爱

Last, I still suggest that you can consider about using more pieces of BGM; it won't be necessary, but it will make the game experience more colorful and enjoyable, just like many other good campaigns on this site.

I'm still playing Frozen death Knight with version 2.5e; I will go to check 2.6.1 later.

P.S. Have you ever considered about adding the tomes of strength, agility and intelligence back to at least 1 structure in chapter 2? I never understood why you remove them in the earlier versions. If you worried that players' heroes would get too strong with the tomes, you can always furthur enhance the enemies in chapter 2 & 3 (especially the bosses), at least their hp; I do think that there is still some space for doing this.

Level 28
Hi @Ancient God Kratos, I'm doing fine.
First, Arcane Mage's mirror image spell is still too weak despite the fact that it can be cast on any unit. The mirror images suppose to tank for the heroes, but they are too fragile to do so because they would take double damage comparing to normal units, and cannot be healed by any means (not even by the runes). I have considered about enhancing this spell, but now we have Arcane Golem, which I believe that its function would somehow overlap with mirror image spell. Thus, I personally recommand that simply replacing this magic with other ones; mana burn or feedback would be nice, since Arcane Mage should focus on manipulating magic.
Second, I have some doubt with Arcane Mage's E ability, restoring mana... I mean, as an intelligence based hero, Arcane Mage would only need to rely on this ability for a really limited time; he wouldn't worry about burning out his mana once his level is high enough, like 5 or 6. This ability would be more useful if it can be cast on other heroes as well, or you can also replace this spell with other ones, such as spell steal, which is able to provide the same function as the cancelled absorb magic, but with even better performance.
Third, there is sth really weird going on with Arcane Mage's ultimate, Arcane blast... It is supposed to do 250 damage at lv1 and 400 damage at lv2, but it can never reach this damage when it is used in actual battle. At first, I guess that it has the same problem with Archamage's blizzard or Blood Mage's flame strike, which will have a damage split/decrease problem when it affects too many targets, like 6 or more. However, it is not the case; I did some furthur test with Arcane Blast, using it on 1 single target like 1 enemy unit or 1 enemy building, and it is still not able to do 250/400 damage. This is really strange to me... I just don't know what is perventing Arcane blast from doing its actual damage. Maybe you set a wrong damage type with this spell? Such as Arcane Blast is in fact pierce damage, and thus its damage would be lower than usual on so many different kinds of enemies? That's the only reason I can think of. Besides, I think that you can still cut down the cooldown of Arcane blast, like 1/3; the current cooldown is shorter than before but still too long.
I'll take those suggestions under consideration.
P.S. Have you ever considered about adding the tomes of strength, agility and intelligence back to at least 1 structure in chapter 2? I never understood why you remove them in the earlier versions. If you worried that players' heroes would get too strong with the tomes, you can always furthur enhance the enemies in chapter 2 & 3 (especially the bosses), at least their hp; I do think that there is still some space for doing this.
I removed them because I feel like the heroes are enough OP and adding them will make them ridiculously strong. Besides. The enemies in Act 2 and 3 are enough overpowered aswell.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi @Ancient God Kratos, I'm doing fine.

I'll take those suggestions under consideration.

I removed them because I feel like the heroes are enough OP and adding them will make them ridiculously strong. Besides. The enemies in Act 2 and 3 are enough overpowered aswell.

HaHaHa, that is ture indeed; guess I was just feeling shame for all the money that players can earn in chapter 2. Maybe you can somehow find another way to spend these money? Like, let players be able to use the money acquired in chapter 2 to buy defense, reinforcements, upgrades, troops or even equipments for Sylvanas in chapter 3?

Level 28
HaHaHa, that is ture indeed; guess I was just feeling shame for all the money that players can earn in chapter 2. Maybe you can somehow find another way to spend these money? Like, let players be able to use the money acquired in chapter 2 to buy defense, reinforcements, upgrades, troops or even equipments for Sylvanas in chapter 3?
This is actually a neat suggestion. I'll definitely consider it.

Level 12
Hi
First forgive my bad english i still learning
In Chapter 2 in arathi i get the key for the tomb in stromgarde by galen, but i couldn´t resist and enter to the dragon cave, after enter the new map i loss the key so... i can´t open the door to the tomb in stromgarde now (LOL) I think that is a problem with that item because dont save in the game cache.

PS: I will apreciate if point my grammar mistakes btw.

Level 28
Hi
First forgive my bad english i still learning
In Chapter 2 in arathi i get the key for the tomb in stromgarde by galen, but i couldn´t resist and enter to the dragon cave, after enter the new map i loss the key so... i can´t open the door to the tomb in stromgarde now (LOL) I think that is a problem with that item because dont save in the game cache.

PS: I will apreciate if point my grammar mistakes btw.
Ah, yes... That item doesn't "transition" to other sub-maps unfortunately because that item exist only in that map and not in the campaign data. My mistake, I didn't think about it. I hope you still have a backup before this occured.

Level 12
Ah, yes... That item doesn't "transition" to other sub-maps unfortunately because that item exist only in that map and not in the campaign data. My mistake, I didn't think about it. I hope you still have a backup before this occured.

Sadly no, but dont worry i playing with the dk blood now, but a feel that compare with the warrior protect... is too week

Shield wall > Blood Prescence

Also, the banshee's curse is really annoying and worst when you use mercenaries o physical heroes, maybe add limited dispel wand in undercity's shop can solve the problem without nerf that spell.

Level 12
Replayed the campaign, it has improved a lot! here are some bugs/suggesions:
~Act I~
-(bug) I killed Sally Whitemane from the "Into the Scarlet Monastery" main quest and the quest it was still incomplete, it was still showing the hint on the mini map in the place where she died, tried to exit/enter the monastery but didn't do anything to solve it, so i had to load the game(losing a bit of progress).
Its just a guess, but the reason for this bug happening might be because of how she died, right before i killed her she used the spell healing wave on her(but the spell didn't heal her because she was dead already,so the healing wave didn't reach her, going into the ground).

- Warlock's ultimate spell "Seed of corruption" has a pretty deceptive tooltip in my opinion, "Calls down an _infernal_ from the sky..." made me belive that she actually summoned the infernal as well after the impact but that wasn't the case(which was pretty dissapointing).
I suggest replacing the word "infernal" with "meteor" so other ppl won't get confused/deceived. The cd of this spell is too high as well(i know its an ultimate but this is ridiculous, and it doesn't even deal that much dmg either) i suggest halfing the cd time.

- Ranger Lord's hotkeys should be "q w e r" as well or atleast change the hotkey of charm to something else since Charm and Carrion swarm have the same hotkey.

- There is a weird bug with the stash, for some reason when u put the cursor over the last 2 slots it show the "No upkeep" thing.(might be related to the new patch with the new window mode and resolution)

~Act II~

- After the "Defense of Southshore" quest is completed and Helcular survives, he and the survivors should return to the main base, him remaining there feels a bit awkward in my opinion.

- The bosses from the Lost Temple Cave were too weak, i suggest buffing them especially the last boss from that cave.( they all felt just like normal mobs but with bigger models)
I suggest to: 1. buff all of them with more dmg/armor and give all of them some kind of spell/ultimate, for exemple the Hydra can have a strong breath of fire, and the Troll boss can have multishot and mirror image.
The same can be said about all monster type bosses, giving them more dmg and new spells to make them feel like a challenge.

- I think i said this in the past as well but! > Act II needs shops with stats tomes like in Act I as well.( i have nothing to do with my gold, 15k+ gold).

- Act II boss items/drops are too weak, for exemple Araj's ring gives 2 stats, 3 armor and 100 mana, for the hardest boss fight so far this item is a troll reward, i suggest increasing the stats by 13 and armor by 3.

- Heroes should be able to level up more than 12 levels(before getting to the final battle), since i got max lvl super fast(killing mobs and not getting anything in return its pretty boring).

- In all missions where there are 2 bases, for exemple: 1 ally base and 1 enemy base, my allies should send troops to attack the enemy from time to time, It feels a bit strange for Sylvanas to give me all those orders to do all the job while she and her troops stay afk in their bases.

~Act III~

-I got only 2 small issues with this act:
1. The enemy building have too much hp( but i guess that might be because i played on hard, if thats the case then so be it, but its still boring to kill buildings with 4k+ hp)
2. The allies A.I could be better ( the side towns especially, they were pretty bad, sending troops against the enemy very rarely)

Level 28
Replayed the campaign, it has improved a lot! here are some bugs/suggesions:
~Act I~
-(bug) I killed Sally Whitemane from the "Into the Scarlet Monastery" main quest and the quest it was still incomplete, it was still showing the hint on the mini map in the place where she died, tried to exit/enter the monastery but didn't do anything to solve it, so i had to load the game(losing a bit of progress).
Its just a guess, but the reason for this bug happening might be because of how she died, right before i killed her she used the spell healing wave on her(but the spell didn't heal her because she was dead already,so the healing wave didn't reach her, going into the ground).

- Warlock's ultimate spell "Seed of corruption" has a pretty deceptive tooltip in my opinion, "Calls down an _infernal_ from the sky..." made me belive that she actually summoned the infernal as well after the impact but that wasn't the case(which was pretty dissapointing).
I suggest replacing the word "infernal" with "meteor" so other ppl won't get confused/deceived. The cd of this spell is too high as well(i know its an ultimate but this is ridiculous, and it doesn't even deal that much dmg either) i suggest halfing the cd time.

- Ranger Lord's hotkeys should be "q w e r" as well or atleast change the hotkey of charm to something else since Charm and Carrion swarm have the same hotkey.

- There is a weird bug with the stash, for some reason when u put the cursor over the last 2 slots it show the "No upkeep" thing.(might be related to the new patch with the new window mode and resolution)

~Act II~

- After the "Defense of Southshore" quest is completed and Helcular survives, he and the survivors should return to the main base, him remaining there feels a bit awkward in my opinion.

- The bosses from the Lost Temple Cave were too weak, i suggest buffing them especially the last boss from that cave.( they all felt just like normal mobs but with bigger models)
I suggest to: 1. buff all of them with more dmg/armor and give all of them some kind of spell/ultimate, for exemple the Hydra can have a strong breath of fire, and the Troll boss can have multishot and mirror image.
The same can be said about all monster type bosses, giving them more dmg and new spells to make them feel like a challenge.

- I think i said this in the past as well but! > Act II needs shops with stats tomes like in Act I as well.( i have nothing to do with my gold, 15k+ gold).

- Act II boss items/drops are too weak, for exemple Araj's ring gives 2 stats, 3 armor and 100 mana, for the hardest boss fight so far this item is a troll reward, i suggest increasing the stats by 13 and armor by 3.

- Heroes should be able to level up more than 12 levels(before getting to the final battle), since i got max lvl super fast(killing mobs and not getting anything in return its pretty boring).

- In all missions where there are 2 bases, for exemple: 1 ally base and 1 enemy base, my allies should send troops to attack the enemy from time to time, It feels a bit strange for Sylvanas to give me all those orders to do all the job while she and her troops stay afk in their bases.

~Act III~

-I got only 2 small issues with this act:
1. The enemy building have too much hp( but i guess that might be because i played on hard, if thats the case then so be it, but its still boring to kill buildings with 4k+ hp)
2. The allies A.I could be better ( the side towns especially, they were pretty bad, sending troops against the enemy very rarely)
Thanks for the review. I appreciate it. :)

Ann

Ann

Level 3
He will found at the next town before Warden Stillwater
nice, another hero space for more good items now. btw, why in last Gilneas, those Forsaken troops not pushing, they are like, when we finally managed to destroy worgen base, and their force just join to me at that time, i was like, wtf are these troops doing?! i hope you can improve this system like Durotar did, like 3 lanes pushing mode

Level 3
nice, another hero space for more good items now. btw, why in last Gilneas, those Forsaken troops not pushing, they are like, when we finally managed to destroy worgen base, and their force just join to me at that time, i was like, wtf are these troops doing?! i hope you can improve this system like Durotar did, like 3 lanes pushing mode
Maybe @Warseeker did that to prevent crashing the game like many troops more than 100 or something. (or slowing the game)

Level 28
I did that in the past and it felt like a plagiarism of the Founding of Durotar so I changed it.
Anyway. I do plan to make a better design for this mission in the next update.

I really like that you have multiple heroes to choose from but I think you should be allowed to choose 2. It would make it a lot better if instead of Fellson, the game would let you choose a second hero. And since Fellson is a healer, you could add a third class type: Healer. You could add the Priest Class with Discipline Healer, Holy Healer and Shadow Damage and make Unholy DK a Healer/Damage Hybrid with Death Coil instead of Scourge Strike. So you could play as Damage+Tank or Damage+Healer or Tank+Healer. Also in this system you shouldn't have 2 heroes of the same class (if 1st is Fire Mage, 2nd can't be any type of Mage)

Level 2
I like this idea greatly.
But that would mean the deathstlaker in game in act 1 that u can encounter and get a as another hero to your group would have to either be removed or edited
Plus in act 2 u have another enoucter with a hero that joins the group so with the game as is that 4 hero's total.
I still like the idea of picking your second hero and still get felson but I'd remove the enoucter for the hero in act 2

I like this idea greatly.
But that would mean the deathstlaker in game in act 1 that u can encounter and get a as another hero to your group would have to either be removed or edited
Plus in act 2 u have another enoucter with a hero that joins the group so with the game as is that 4 hero's total.
I still like the idea of picking your second hero and still get felson but I'd remove the enoucter for the hero in act 2
Not really, third and fourth heroes can remain the same. Just Fellson should be changed with a selecable hero.

Level 28
I really like that you have multiple heroes to choose from but I think you should be allowed to choose 2. It would make it a lot better if instead of Fellson, the game would let you choose a second hero. And since Fellson is a healer, you could add a third class type: Healer. You could add the Priest Class with Discipline Healer, Holy Healer and Shadow Damage and make Unholy DK a Healer/Damage Hybrid with Death Coil instead of Scourge Strike. So you could play as Damage+Tank or Damage+Healer or Tank+Healer. Also in this system you shouldn't have 2 heroes of the same class (if 1st is Fire Mage, 2nd can't be any type of Mage)
Yeah, I also had this idea of adding a Priest class (and perhaps a DH class too). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do it due to the fact that I abandoned this project 5 months ago since I'm now focusing on another one... By the way, I don't really see how adding a 2nd selectable character will make any difference since you get Fellson quickly at the beginning.

Level 23
Yeah, I also had this idea of adding a Priest class (and perhaps a DH class too). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do it due to the fact that I abandoned this project 5 months ago since I'm now focusing on another one... By the way, I don't really see how adding a 2nd selectable character will make any difference since you get Fellson quickly at the beginning.
I thought you were planning on making a 2p coop version of this campaign :p

There are a lot of heroes to choose from and you only get one choice. It would be better to choose one at the start and one when the Apothecary introduces his apprentice

Level 28
I thought you were planning on making a 2p coop version of this campaign :p
Actually, I did. I managed to finish Act One, I made all the maps compatible for 3 Players, I even updated the cutscenes, dialogues, imports, etc... But sadly, I couldn't get it to work because of the Save/Load system, I mean it does load my character when I enter a new zone like Silverpine for example, but then when I return to the main map, the character just doesn't load :( So, I kinda given up since then :/
There are a lot of heroes to choose from and you only get one choice. It would be better to choose one at the start and one when the Apothecary introduces his apprentice
You know, I've been thinking about this this morning and I come up with this crazy idea : the idea is to allow the player to select 4 characters at the start of the game, however, the player will only be able to control one hero at the beginning, and then he can unlock the other characters which he selected at the start after doing some progress, I mean like instead of getting Fellson and the other 2 guys, you will get those characters. What do you think about this idea?

Actually, I did. I managed to finish Act One, I made all the maps compatible for 3 Players, I even updated the cutscenes, dialogues, imports, etc... But sadly, I couldn't get it to work because of the Save/Load system, I mean it does load my character when I enter a new zone like Silverpine for example, but then when I return to the main map, the character just doesn't load :( So, I kinda given up since then :/
you could take a look at how I did my 2P Rexxar camapign

You know, I've been thinking about this this morning and I come up with this crazy idea : the idea is to allow the player to select 4 characters at the start of the game, however, the player will only be able to control one hero at the beginning, and then he can unlock the other characters which he selected at the start after doing some progress, I mean like instead of getting Fellson and the other 2 guys, you will get those characters. What do you think about this idea?
I really like it. But you should add Priests as well, and make Unholy DK a Healer/Summoner hybrid. Demon Hunters that you mentioned previously I don't think would fit the story.

Level 28
you could take a look at how I did my 2P Rexxar camapign
Thanks! I'll take a look at it when I have free time and perhaps I may reconsider working again on this project, I'm quite busy these days plus the new project which I'm currently developing, so it will take some time.
I really like it. But you should add Priests as well, and make Unholy DK a Healer/Summoner hybrid. Demon Hunters that you mentioned previously I don't think would fit the story.
I wanted to add a Demon Hunter class because they were added in WoW: Legion.

Level 28
But only for Night and Blood elves : p
Huh, I didn't know that! :p I remember I played a BE Demon Hunter when legion first came out, although it's been a while since I played WoW. I don't know though, they may somehow fit in this campaign, they would also make good tankers since as of now only the Blood DK and the Protection Warrior can do that role.

Level 3

Wow... Got to say things changed a lot since last year, warseeker, I'm extremely surprised that you are willing to consider this idea again! I'm glad to see that, since I still feel a little shame when you turn down this idea last time.

ff3a163472be51d7c063c8f578579bb883175aff.png

Still, however, I would insist to keep Fellson in the team, since he is the only healer. Of course you can do sth like adding an artifact that can heal, or even a healer class, but since you would always need a healer in the team, I personally think that it would be unnecessary to remove Fellson. A free selection and combination of 3 heroes would be enough already.

Plus, I have found 2 other issues for quite some time. Since you are at the discussion, I decide to tell you right now instead of saving them until you return to this campaign.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av49499208/
(the video link for my demonstration)

The 1st one is tricky, so tricky that I'm not sure if I can describe the problem probably... but I will try. Seems like, for Rogue class hero, her actual size is much bigger than her visual one, so big that you can select her without moving the mouse cursor onto her. It won't cause any trouble for most of the time, but it would be really annoying if players want to select any target near the rogue (since they will be blocked by rogue). It's a glitch that not that essential; whether fixing it or not is up to you.

The 2nd one is more straight forward; it's about the shadow orb that you can get in Blightcaller's side mission in Act1. Normally, players should collect all 3 fragments to obtain the shadow orb, but as you can see in the video, player can get the shadow orb by gathering only 2 pieces. Though acquiring the 3rd useless piece won't cause any trouble, it would still be better to fix this bug.

I'm looking forward to the day you come back to this project. Good luck!

P.S. Any news about your Gilneas Campaign project?

Huh, I didn't know that! :p I remember I played a BE Demon Hunter when legion first came out, although it's been a while since I played WoW. I don't know though, they may somehow fit in this campaign, they would also make good tankers since as of now only the Blood DK and the Protection Warrior can do that role.
Here's another idea: Do monks. You will have another healer and another tnak by doinh monks

Level 34
Well, technically it could be possible too, i mean, many illidaris died during the assault on ICC, including demon hunters, one could assume that Arthas revived them too (like he rised the Belves), and somehow Sylvanas managed to free them from the mental control :B

Level 28
Still, however, I would insist to keep Fellson in the team, since he is the only healer. Of course you can do sth like adding an artifact that can heal, or even a healer class, but since you would always need a healer in the team, I personally think that it would be unnecessary to remove Fellson. A free selection and combination of 3 heroes would be enough already.
Yeah, I think it would be best to keep Fellson like you said, since he plays an important role in this campaign thanks to his healing/support abilities, removing him would penalize the player especially if he doesn't pick up a healer class at the start. Adding a healing artifact may not be a wise idea imo, not sure if most players will even realise the existing of that item unless it's given as a quest reward but still, it may kinda look weird I would say.
The 1st one is tricky, so tricky that I'm not sure if I can describe the problem probably... but I will try. Seems like, for Rogue class hero, her actual size is much bigger than her visual one, so big that you can select her without moving the mouse cursor onto her. It won't cause any trouble for most of the time, but it would be really annoying if players want to select any target near the rogue (since they will be blocked by rogue). It's a glitch that not that essential; whether fixing it or not is up to you.
I've noticed that as well, it must be a problem with the model itself. I'll see if I can fix it.
The 2nd one is more straight forward; it's about the shadow orb that you can get in Blightcaller's side mission in Act1. Normally, players should collect all 3 fragments to obtain the shadow orb, but as you can see in the video, player can get the shadow orb by gathering only 2 pieces. Though acquiring the 3rd useless piece won't cause any trouble, it would still be better to fix this bug.
Interesting, I will check it out.
P.S. Any news about your Gilneas Campaign project?
Nothing for now, I've been working on a different project which I started a year ago, and hopefully will be released by the end of this year, then I can start working on the Gilneas campaign.
Here's another idea: Do monks. You will have another healer and another tnak by doinh monks
That's a brilliant idea actually, Monks will make a good choice since they can master all the three roles (Tank/Healer/DPS) at the same time, now the question is which class should I replace them, Demon Hunter or Priest? I think I'm gonna go with the latter, cause on a second thought priests wouldn't fit properly in this campaign, I mean, if you look into this from a logical point, now a WoW view, it's impossible for an "Undead" class to master the light power to heal his/her allies. That said, Discipline or Holy Priest, in expection to the Shadow spec, wouldn't make much sence in a Wc3 point of view, unless you want a Priest that can do just one role.
Well, technically it could be possible too, i mean, many illidaris died during the assault on ICC, including demon hunters, one could assume that Arthas revived them too (like he rised the Belves), and somehow Sylvanas managed to free them from the mental control :B
Yeah, that would totally make sense.

That's a brilliant idea actually, Monks will make a good choice since they can master all the three roles (Tank/Healer/DPS) at the same time, now the question is which class should I replace them, Demon Hunter or Priest? I think I'm gonna go with the latter, cause on a second thought priests wouldn't fit properly in this campaign, I mean, if you look into this from a logical point, now a WoW view, it's impossible for an "Undead" class to master the light power to heal his/her allies. That said, Discipline or Holy Priest, in expection to the Shadow spec, wouldn't make much sence in a Wc3 point of view, unless you want a Priest that can do just one role.
Well Wc3 priests can heal undead units. So I always liked to think that only paladin's holy energies can damage the undead. Holy and Discipline undead priests make sense in my opinion, like they were priests before their death and then continued using the same spells they learned why they were alive. Demon Hunter should not be added in any case, because they don't make sense for Forsaken. Since I started playing a monk recently I have some ideas for them:
Main Attribute: Agility
Windwalker:
Q - Tiger Palm (deals melee single target damage based on agility and restores health to the monk)
W - Fists of Fury (increases attack speed by a bunch for a short duration)
E - Touch of Death (choose an enemy, the monk (and the spirits) deals double attack damage to that enemy)
R - Storm Earth And Fire (Panda BM)
Brewmaster:
Q - Breath of Fire (Panda BM)
W - Drunken Haze (Panda BM)
E - Roll/Stagger (Gives the Brewmaster a roll ability that makes him roll a short distance and deal double damage and stun on his next attack. (Add 100% bash) Also, depending on level, the Brewmaster receives only 90%/80%/70%/... damage instead of 100%)
R - Keg Smash (Throws a keg in an area dealing high damage and stunning enemies (Tinker Rockets with 1 rocket with barrel model))
Mistweaver:
Q - Crackling Jade Lightning (Chain Lightning, but Green)
W - Vivify (Rejuvenation)
E - Paralysis (Sleep, Jade Lightning Cast directly targeted on a Paralyzed unit will deal additional damage)
R - Renewing Mist (Tranquility)

Level 13
Don't do the monks. Non Pandaren Monks are imo the lamest thing ever. And before the Cataclysm(event) happened, which is way after the Forsaken invaded Gilneas, they weren't around, cause Pandaria was cursed/covered in huge mists and nobady was able to enter or leave(except Chen). Besides that would imo ruin the most awesome race in lore, the Forsaken, by mixing it with the most meh, cause than there should be Pandaren in the Undercity and Deathknell, to train the monks.

Level 3
Yeah, I think it would be best to keep Fellson like you said, since he plays an important role in this campaign thanks to his healing/support abilities, removing him would penalize the player especially if he doesn't pick up a healer class at the start. Adding a healing artifact may not be a wise idea imo, not sure if most players will even realise the existing of that item unless it's given as a quest reward but still, it may kinda look weird I would say.

I've noticed that as well, it must be a problem with the model itself. I'll see if I can fix it.

Interesting, I will check it out.

Nothing for now, I've been working on a different project which I started a year ago, and hopefully will be released by the end of this year, then I can start working on the Gilneas campaign.

Yeah, that would totally make sense.

Hey, Warseeker, I just find a new bug today when playing Arcane Mage, just let you know. So, Arcane Blast is able to deal the right damage now, but I'm not sure how you fixed it back then, since it can also stun the enemies FOREVER. Thus, Arcane Blast becomes way too powerful all in a sudden, and I don't think that you give Arcane Blast this ability intentionally; better get into this issue and check what's causing the problem when you have time.

Level 28
Well Wc3 priests can heal undead units. So I always liked to think that only paladin's holy energies can damage the undead. Holy and Discipline undead priests make sense in my opinion, like they were priests before their death and then continued using the same spells they learned why they were alive. Demon Hunter should not be added in any case, because they don't make sense for Forsaken. Since I started playing a monk recently I have some ideas for them:
Main Attribute: Agility
Windwalker:
Q - Tiger Palm (deals melee single target damage based on agility and restores health to the monk)
W - Fists of Fury (increases attack speed by a bunch for a short duration)
E - Touch of Death (choose an enemy, the monk (and the spirits) deals double attack damage to that enemy)
R - Storm Earth And Fire (Panda BM)
Brewmaster:
Q - Breath of Fire (Panda BM)
W - Drunken Haze (Panda BM)
E - Roll/Stagger (Gives the Brewmaster a roll ability that makes him roll a short distance and deal double damage and stun on his next attack. (Add 100% bash) Also, depending on level, the Brewmaster receives only 90%/80%/70%/... damage instead of 100%)
R - Keg Smash (Throws a keg in an area dealing high damage and stunning enemies (Tinker Rockets with 1 rocket with barrel model))
Mistweaver:
Q - Crackling Jade Lightning (Chain Lightning, but Green)
W - Vivify (Rejuvenation)
E - Paralysis (Sleep, Jade Lightning Cast directly targeted on a Paralyzed unit will deal additional damage)
R - Renewing Mist (Tranquility)
Well, yes, Wc3 Priest do heal undead units, so it may make a little sense on the one hand, but it may still kinda look weird on the other hand, I don't know though, I haven't decided anything for now, we're just gonna wait and see.
For the time being, I'm open to all suggestions, all opinions are welcome.
Don't do the monks. Non Pandaren Monks are imo the lamest thing ever. And before the Cataclysm(event) happened, which is way after the Forsaken invaded Gilneas, they weren't around, cause Pandaria was cursed/covered in huge mists and nobady was able to enter or leave(except Chen). Besides that would imo ruin the most awesome race in lore, the Forsaken, by mixing it with the most meh, cause than there should be Pandaren in the Undercity and Deathknell, to train the monks.
I know that Monks weren't present during the cataclysm event, same for the Demon Hunters, but it should't matter that much as long as they fit in the campaign.
Hey, Warseeker, I just find a new bug today when playing Arcane Mage, just let you know. So, Arcane Blast is able to deal the right damage now, but I'm not sure how you fixed it back then, since it can also stun the enemies FOREVER. Thus, Arcane Blast becomes way too powerful all in a sudden, and I don't think that you give Arcane Blast this ability intentionally; better get into this issue and check what's causing the problem when you have time.
I didn't know that, I don't remember giving a perma stun to that ability, I wonder if it's a patch related bug. Anyway, I'll take a look at it later.

Level 13
I finished this campaign some time ago. Though I'm not a fan of Rexxar Campaign, never really liked it, I must say this is really good on Rexxar level. I played on 1.31.1.something, with Blood Death Knight, and didn't find any bugs which is really impressive. Amazing work you've done. Things you could change though:
-Some Forsaken models: Sylvanas(Battle For Azeroth - Sylvanas), Nathanos(Nathanos Blightcaller), Meat Wagon(Forsaken Catapult), Gargoyle(DarkwingBat_by67chrome.blp), Sharlindra and Melisara could use a different model, and all the quest giving apothecaries.
-Nethanos could use more Dark Ranger/Hunter like abilities.
-Imo Alterac map is too epic to be just the optional, it should definitely be a main and there should be a small forsaken base there(with the Tomb of Relics).
-In Arathi Highlands change the Syndicate, they are purple humans while they should be orange bandits. Also the Stromgard forces could be changed, remove Mortar Teams(too many dwarves already) change the footman skin to stromgard(Captain, Footman, and Derivatives), change the riffleman with human archers(FootArcher), change sorceress model(HumanMage_by67chrome.blp) and replace the priest with chaplin. Replace Eldin with some Stromgard human.
-Change all red dragons in Arathi Highlands and the secret dragon map with black dragons.
-In the Hinterlands there should imo be a lot more Gryphon Riders, not just in the nest, but everywhere, especially where their chief is. Might be good if you changed dwarf footman model(DwarvenMountaineer) to look more Wildhammer(only in the Hinterlands, not in Hillsbrad Foothills or Dwarven Cave). Also imo there should be at least an optional or even a main to deal with the high elves, and change priests/sorceresses giving the RoC high elven skins.
-Worgen tech tree could be a little more original, it's basically human. Maybe add Druid of the Claw and Warlock. Also not all units have to be worgen, maybe make priests and knights human.
-Would be cool to see more Gilneas lore heroes e.g Darius Crowley and Tess Greymane.
-In the last mission there are too many Worgen bases, gets kinda monotonous. Maybe change one of them with the Night Elves.
-In the bases the Forsaken get in the last chapter, after destroying worgen bases, might be cool if the Forsaken get heroes, e.g Nathanos and Koltira.

Last edited:
Level 28
I finished this campaign some time ago. Though I'm not a fan of Rexxar Campaign, never really liked it, I must say this is really good on Rexxar level. I played on 1.31.1.something, with Blood Death Knight, and didn't find any bugs which is really impressive. Amazing work you've done. Things you could change though:
-Some Forsaken models: Sylvanas(Battle For Azeroth - Sylvanas), Nathanos(Nathanos Blightcaller), Meat Wagon(Forsaken Catapult), Gargoyle(DarkwingBat_by67chrome.blp), Sharlindra and Melisara could use a different model, and all the quest giving apothecaries.
-Nethanos could use more Dark Ranger/Hunter like abilities.
-Imo Alterac map is too epic to be just the optional, it should definitely be a main and there should be a small forsaken base there(with the Tomb of Relics).
-In Arathi Highlands change the Syndicate, they are purple humans while they should be orange bandits. Also the Stromgard forces could be changed, remove Mortar Teams(too many dwarves already) change the footman skin to stromgard(Captain, Footman, and Derivatives), change the riffleman with human archers(FootArcher), change sorceress model(HumanMage_by67chrome.blp) and replace the priest with chaplin. Replace Eldin with some Stromgard human.
-Change all red dragons in Arathi Highlands and the secret dragon map with black dragons.
-In the Hinterlands there should imo be a lot more Gryphon Riders, not just in the nest, but everywhere, especially where their chief is. Might be good if you changed dwarf footman model(DwarvenMountaineer) to look more Wildhammer(only in the Hinterlands, not in Hillsbrad Foothills or Dwarven Cave). Also imo there should be at least an optional or even a main to deal with the high elves, and change priests/sorceresses giving the RoC high elven skins.
-Worgen tech tree could be a little more original, it's basically human. Maybe add Druid of the Claw and Warlock. Also not all units have to be worgen, maybe make priests and knights human.
-Would be cool to see more Gilneas lore heroes e.g Darius Crowley and Tess Greymane.
-In the last mission there are too many Worgen bases, gets kinda monotonous. Maybe change one of them with the Night Elves.
-In the bases the Forsaken get in the last chapter, after destroying worgen bases, might be cool if the Forsaken get heroes, e.g Nathanos and Koltira.
Thanks for the suggestions! I may consider them in future update.

Level 1
I found a potential bug: whenever I load submaps, my heroes don't load and I have no quests or anything. Happens repeatedly going into silverpine for the first time.