• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Warseeker Presents

Legacy of Lordaeron
v 2.7

A Forsaken Campaign

Legacy of Lordaeron is a custom singleplayer RPG campaign inspired by the Founding of Durotar campaign and World of Warcraft. The gameplay is basically an adventuring and questing style, levelling and unraveling the story. The object of this campaign is to complete quests while developing your heroes' abilities just like in the Founding of Durotar.

Important : Due to the new features implied in this campaign, this campaign will no longer work on any earlier versions of the game below patch 1.29.2. You can download the latest patch of Warcraft 3 via Battle.net or via the Warcraft 3 Launcher. (Requires CD-Keys)
You can, however, download an old version of the campaign which is compatible with patch 1.27a here. (This version will not receive anymore updates)

Note : The Transition among the campaign maps will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.

Features

- Transition Among Campaign Maps.
- A storyline inspired by World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.
- 6 Character Classes.
- Variable Difficulty Level.
- New Custom Units, Items, Abilities and sounds.

Story

Following the death of the Lich King. Sylvanas Windrunner, The Queen of the Forsaken, alongside with her Forsaken army started to take far more aggressive stance in their battle against the remnants of the Scarlet Crusade, the Scourge and the Alliance as they attempt to conquer Lordaeron as their own...

Missions

Act One : Rise of the Forsaken
Act Two : Road to Supremacy
Act Three : Conquest of Gilneas

Change Log

Released

- Fixed bug in Blackthorn Bandits Quest, the Block Path of Trees is now passable.
- Fixed bug in Odd Vision Quest, the Block Path of Trees in now passable.
- Fellson's Healing Spray Ability has been replaced by Elixir of Death..

- Fixed some dialogue mistakes.

- bugs fixes and small changes.
- Reduced the campaign file size.
- Blackthorn Bandits Quest is now accessible without requirement of finishing "Aiding the Forsakens" Quest.
- Added a Creep Respawn in Sub-Maps.

- Fixed small bugs all over.

Major Changes :
- Transition System : The Transition system works now with multiboards, before stepping into a new zone, a dialogue will ask you either you want/or not to access that zone.
- Fixed a bug which prevent Creep Respawn from working after the Transition.
- The Quest "Slay the Orcs" has now a different feature, You're no longer required to destroy ALL bases. All you have to do now is simply killing the enemy heroes.
- Added 2 more class to play : Death Knight - Hunter
- Fixed a small bug in "Missing Ingredients" quest.
- An improvement in the quests, cinematics description.
- A little bit change of the story.

1.6a : - Added a Drop Item System
- Added two more class to play : Rogue - Warrior
- I made the cinematics transmission a little bit longer.
1.6b : - Changed the Hunter's model.
- Some changes in the DK and Mage skills.
- Fixes in the description and transmissions.
- You are now to able to train Val'kyr in Slay the Orcs quest.

- Major bug fixes and maintenance.
- Fixed two cinematic bugs in Alterac Ruins map.

Released Act Two and Three.

Act One : - Fixed a bug in the Necrolyte's Quest. Black Dragon Claw and Eye of Shadow are now visible.
- Replaced Faranell in the Secret Mission (the underground cave) with Nathanos instead.
- Fixed the Death Knight's Ebon Might ability: It increases the damage by percent instead of a specified number, also this ability affect the DK only.
- Replaced the Hunter's Black Arrows ability with Poison Arrows.
- Replaced the Mage's Meteor Strike ability with Fire Bolt.
- Changed a bit the story of the Blackthorn's bandits.
- Small bug fixes and changes all over the maps of this act.
- Stash in now available in every map, including the sub-maps.
Act Two : - Reworked on all the maps of this act and added 3 new maps.
- Removed the Broken Isles and Den of the Warlock map.
- Replaced Galen's Death Pact ability with Inner Rage.
- Increased the Neutral Hostile units' damage, health and armor.
Act Three : - Map 1 : Changed the design and gameplay style of this map.
- Map 2 : Increased a little bit the Worgen battleships' damage and health.
- Map 3 : The fight with Genn Greymane goes on three bosses instead of fighting him individually.
- Increased the Worgen units' damage and health.
- Removed Ivar Bloodfang and Lord Vincent Godfrey from this map.

- Bug fixes and balance improvement.
- Replaced the Rebel Orcs in Alterac Ruins with Crushridge Ogres.
- Changed the storyline of Act Three to make it similar to WoW : Cataclysm.
- Changed the model of Herod.

- Added a Specialization Selection for each class.
- Reduced the damage of Kill Shot to 750 at level 2.
- Merphist no longer cost food.

- Update the campaign to patch 1.29.2
- Added a new sub-map : Scholomance
- Bug fixes and general improvements
- You are now able to customize your Character's name in the menu selection.
- Added a new optional quest in Silverpine Forest.
- Changed the quest : Crushridge Ogres from main quest to optional.
- Fixed the Scarlet Monastery bug on patch 1.29. The quest should work fine now.
- Changed Merphist's Mana Burn ability.
- Changed Faranell's model.
- Galen is no longer a controlable/obtainable hero in this act. Instead you will get Grimthos. Grimthos is bonus hero that you can obtain as a fourth hero after compeleting his quest, just like Merphist in Act One.
- Revamped the Battle for Andorhal and added 2 Scourge bases.
- Changed the Bloodfang Lieutenant's model.
- Revamped the first chapter of Act Three and added 2 extra Worgen bases.
- Removed the second chapter of Act Three and replaced it with a mini-dungeon in Act Two.
- Turned the last chapter of Act Three into a macro mission.

- Updated the campaign to make it work with patch 1.30.1.
- Changed the Hero Selection System with a different one.
- Added a shared vision of Brill, Velonara's Camp and the Transition Locations.
- Added a Tomb of Relics in Brill.
- Removed the Blizzard and Mana Siphon from the Spellbook.
- Warlock : Summon Felhunter : Reduced to 1 Felhunter instead of 2, Increased damage and armor; can now be healed.
- DK : Scourge Strike : Fixed the instant kill bug also reduced the extra damage per second and the spell duration.

-----------------------------------------------
Tirisfal Glades
: - Most of the Skeletons have been replaced by Scourge minions.
Scarlet Monastery : - Added a new Resurrection Stone in the north-west.
- Changed the location of the first Resurrection Stone and stash.
Arathi Highlands : - Added two Resurrection Stones, one on the north-east, the other on the south-west.
Alterac Ruins : - Added more spells to the ogre heroes.
Hillsbrad Foothills : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Tarren Mill.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cinematics and Dialogues : - Improved most of the dialogues.
Items : Changed some of the loots dropped by creeps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Death Knight (Frost) : - Deathchill : No longer decrease attack damage.
Warlock (Demonology) : - Shadow bolt --> Summon Succubus.
- Summon Felhunter : Increased hit points and mana cost.
Hunter (Survival) : - Kill Shot : Increased mana cost and cooldown.
Fellson : - Elixir of Death : Reduced the amount of heal for level 2,3 and 4 (200/350/500/600 instead of 200/400/600/800)
- Chemical Rage : Reduced the attack rate for each level.
Merphist : - Skewer : Reduced the amount of damage.
Grimthos : - Vampiric Aura --> Vampiric Touch (Single Target)
- Hardened Armor --> Howl of Terror.

- Act 3 button should now appear after completing Act 2.
- Agamand Mills : - The level 6 Lich is no longer a Hero.
- Hillsbrad Foothills : - Removed the tomes from the Tomb of Relics.
- Added a shared vision for Southshore and the Sludge Fields.
- Hinterlands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Maranel's camp.
- Added a Hero in the Highvale Elves' outpost.
- Eastern Plaguelands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.
- Western Plaguelands : - Added a Goblin Merchant.
- The Portals are now invulnerables during the fight with Araj.
- Koltira will now engage in fight with Araj.
- Silverpine Forest : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.

------------------------ Heroes -------------------------------

- Death Knight : - Changed his model.
- Warlock (Demonology) : - Succubus can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Hunter (Beast Master) : - Black Spider can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Mage (Arcane) : Changed all his spells.
- Fellson : - Nerfed Elixir of Death ( 150/300/450/600 instead of 200/350/500/600)
- Sludges can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Merphist : - Nerfed the chances of Critical Strike to 10% instead of 15%.
- Grimthos : - Changed all his spells except Reincarnation.
- Fixed Grimthos' Exp Cap in Act 2.

- Added a Hero in the undead encampment of the first mission of Act 3.
- Worgen Workers can no longer build structures when possessing them.
- After destroying the Bloodfang and Liberation Worgen bases, the Forsaken will send more reinforcements.

- Fixed the Death Knight's Frost Presence ability.
- Nerfed the Rogue's Adrenaline Rush ability.
- Increased the stats of the items that can be found in Scholamance.
- Improved the Forsaken AI in the last mission of Act 3.
- Nerfed the Worgen units' HP in the last mission of Act 3.
- Changed the model of Merphist and his ultimate.

- Fellson's Summon Sludge ability no longer requires a corpse.
- Replaced the Arcane Mage's Absord Magic ability with Summon Arcane Golem.
- Gold/Lumber will now transition to Act 2.
- Battle for Andorhal : No longer requires to destroy the bases.

- Arcane Blast now deals accurate damage.
- Illusion : No longer take multiple damage, Reduced cooldown from 45 to 30, Reduced mana cost to 75. Illusions can now deal damage to enemy units.
- Evocation can now be used on friendly units/Heroes aswell.

- Fixed Memory Leaks.
- Fixed a known issue in patch 1.31.

Screenshots

wc3scrnshot_072418_153526_12-jpeg.303508
wc3scrnshot_072418_154530_18-jpeg.303507
wc3scrnshot_072418_164229_38-jpeg.303509

wc3scrnshot_072518_093641_06-jpeg.303511

wc3scrnshot_072518_102012_20-jpeg.303512
wc3scrnshot_072518_164808_10-jpeg.303513

wc3scrnshot_072518_171225_15-jpeg.303514
wc3scrnshot_072618_101925_10-jpeg.303518
wc3scrnshot_072618_103236_14-jpeg.303520

Credits

- Anemic Royalty
- Ujimasa Hojo
- ironmaiden
- Alastor
- Edge45
- Fingolfin
- Suselishe
- Kuhneghetz
- Mike
- Buster
- Matarael
- Grendel
- JesusHipster
- Tarrasque
- UgoUgo
- Sellenisko
- Power
- GUNNER
- Kitabatake
- assasin_lord
- donut3.5
- AndrewOverload519
- Callahan
- imforfun
- xyzier_24
- General Frank
- Nasrudin
- Stefan.K

- 67chrome
- Juice_F
- Dionesiist
- chr2
- CloudWolf
- THE_END
- Blood Raven

- Apheraz Lucent
- Marcos DAB
- Kyzerdrood32
- AndrewOverload519
- San
- PeeKay
- M0rbid
- Heinvers
- FrlkY
- BLazeKrake
- 67chrome
- Mr.Goblin
- PrinceYaser
- Nuhneghetz
- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- Sin'dorei300
- NFWar
- Paladon
- Kael Theron
- Zephyrius2412

- Transition System by Starquizer
- Respawn System by SkriK
- Hero Selection System by Felipe Gormadoc
- Knockback System by Tom_Kazansky
- Omnislash System by f0rsAk3n
If you saw your resource and I didn't give you credit for it, just tell me so I can add you.

FAQ

- Q : Why do I get a black screen when I try to play this campaign?
- A: That's because you don't have the latest patch of Warcraft 3 installed. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version in order to play this campaign. (Currently it works only on patch above 1.29.2)
- Q: Why do I get back to the menu screen whenever I return from a sub-map?
- A: As I said above. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version to the latest patch.
- Q: If I rename the filename of this campaign, will it cause any bug?
- A: Yes, it will. The campaign transition will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.
- Q : Why do I get back to the beginning of this campaign when I reload?
- A : It is possible that sometimes the transition will fail and you will get back to the beginning of this campaign, this occur even in Rexxar's campaign, my advice is to always backup your progress or make sure to save regularly to prevent losing your progress.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7 (Campaign)

Reviews
Rufus
As the bugs I found have been fixed, and I trust that you will fix any future ones after your best ability, this campaign is now approved. I don't usually replay things I've moderated, but for this one, I'll look forward to future updates! Good luck!
Level 3
The Death Knight's Q skill equal to Rexxar's Storm bolt skill when it comes to the amount of damage and stun. The Survival Hunter's ultimate is fine as it is imo.

So yeah, their skill's "damage problem" should be a bug more than an imbalance issue (sorry for my confusing usage of words), since I can be sure that this is not your intention.

Level 3
Me too crash the game after cinematic but....
I have the solution thanks to which the game works.
If you selected hero (Class and Spec), a message pops up to enter the hero's name. First: enter the code (iseedeadpeople) and then the name of the hero. It's work for me in patch 1.30+.

PS: Sorry for my english...
Excuse me, but type the code first, then enter, and then type the name in a different message box. Or type the code and the name in the same message box?

Level 28
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

After hours of attempts to fix the crash of the intro cinematic, I've finally managed to fix it! I had to change completety the Hero Selection System to a different one, not a big change though, just the appearance. Now the campaign is working fine on the latest patch.

General :

Heroes :

- Warlock : Summon Felhunter : Reduced to 1 Felhunter instead of 2, Increased damage and armor; can now be healed.
- DK : Scourge Strike : Fixed the instant kill bug also reduced the extra damage per second and the spell duration.

Level 3
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

After hours of attempts to fix the crash of the intro cinematic, I've finally managed to fix it! I had to change completety the Hero Selection System to a different one, not a big change though, just the appearance. Now the campaign is working fine on the latest patch.

General :

Heroes :

Great!Love to see these critical updates; these changes are quite good and necessary. You've also fix the unholy death knight's Q skill's instant kill bug; what about survival hunter's R skill, black arrow? You have fixed it, or you haven't but will do it later?

Besides, I have just come up with a... somehow strange idea: What about changing Grimthor and Merphist into other two heroes that players can choose, just like the main character from the very beginning? I mean, Grimthor and Merphist are really good heroes with powerful skills, but after all they are fixed. For the main character, players have got so many classes to choose, while only one of them can be used for each gameplay. Thus, in order to get the experience of all types of heroes, you need to repeat the campaign many times, right? If you somehow manage to switch Grimthor and Mephist into heroes that players can choose just like the main character, then not only players are able to play 3 different types of heroes each time, but also they can make combination of heroes by their own!

To achieve this would be kind of tricky, though. My thought is keeping the same optional tasks which enable you to acquire third and fourth heroes, and adding two more times of heroes' choosing process at the beginning, so that players can decide which types they want for the third and fourth heroes.

Of course Fellson is the only hero that cannot be altered like Merphist or Grimthor, since he is the essential and only healer.

Last edited:
Level 28
what about survival hunter's R skill, black arrow? You have fixed it, or you haven't but will do it later?
We'll see.
Besides, I have just come up with a... somehow strange idea: What about changing Grimthor and Merphist into other two heroes that players can choose, just like the main character from the very beginning? I mean, Grimthor and Merphist are really good heroes with powerful skills, but after all they are fixed. For the main character, players have got so many classes to choose, while only one of them can be used for each gameplay. Thus, in order to get the experience of all types of heroes, you need to repeat the campaign many times, right? If you somehow manage to switch Grimthor and Mephist into heroes that players can choose just like the main character, then not only players are able to play 3 different types of heroes each time, but also they can make combination of heroes by their own!
Nah, I'd rather keep those two hero as they are.

Level 1
I was watching someone on youtube play this and wanted to try it for myself but I have an issue loading it. When I go to open it how I've open every other campaign the Map Editor says what I have linked a screenshot of here. Any suggestions?
worldeditorbug.jpg

Level 1
I have done a bit of testing and it has to be something with that specific thing in the world editor, what is the IDEAL version of warcraft to play this campaign in?

Level 3
Hey, Warseeker, I have just given a try on 2.5a, and got some more questions and suggestions.

First, I can't help but notice a... somehow weird change. It is about the creeps.
In the older version, the creeps in ACT 1 can be easily attracted one by one (by approaching to them without attacking anyone), so that players can eliminate them easily when each of them is alone. However, if you use the same method in 2.5a, it won't work anymore, since there are always at least 3 to 4 creeps moving together.
I don't know if this is only my suspection, or you do have changed the pattern of creeps' reaction when players' heroes are near, so I wish to confirm about that.

Besides, adding a tomb of relics in Brill seems nice, but I'm thinking that maybe it is more necessary for ACt 2 to have some tombs of relics? Otherwise the money you collect in ACT 2 would be completely useless. Actually, the ACT 2 of Rexxar campaign does have a store selling tomes, if you still remember.

Also, For player's 1st hero's permanent summoning creatures, such as unholy knight's ghoul, do you think that it is necessary to increase their moving speed as the summoning skills get stronger? Rexxar's Misha does have a moving speed boost when the bear summoning skill upgrades, and it can be a little annoying when the summoning creatures always move slower than heroes (I would make sure that all of my heroes' moving speed are at "very fast" level after I achieve that item with moving speed boost arua from Scholomance).

Finally, I have doubt about the terrain design of 2 places: the bottom part of Hillsbrad Foothills in ACT 2, where you can see lots of water and finish some of the main and optional quests, and the 2 small grounds at the front door of Gilneas' Siege in ACT 3, where you put 2 cannons. They looks fine, but both of these two places are hard to move around; heroes are stuck and blocked all the time, especially the cannons' ground —— the ground seems flat and smooth, except there are some invisible barriers, which makes my heroes having a hard time to get in and out. Thus, I wish to know, do you make these 2 places inconvenient to walk around on purpose, or you make them like this just by accident?

Level 28
First, I can't help but notice a... somehow weird change. It is about the creeps.
In the older version, the creeps in ACT 1 can be easily attracted one by one (by approaching to them without attacking anyone), so that players can eliminate them easily when each of them is alone. However, if you use the same method in 2.5a, it won't work anymore, since there are always at least 3 to 4 creeps moving together.
I don't know if this is only my suspection, or you do have changed the pattern of creeps' reaction when players' heroes are near, so I wish to confirm about that.
No. I haven't changed anthing.
Besides, adding a tomb of relics in Brill seems nice, but I'm thinking that maybe it is more necessary for ACt 2 to have some tombs of relics? Otherwise the money you collect in ACT 2 would be completely useless. Actually, the ACT 2 of Rexxar campaign does have a store selling tomes, if you still remember.
That's a good suggestion.
Also, For player's 1st hero's permanent summoning creatures, such as unholy knight's ghoul, do you think that it is necessary to increase their moving speed as the summoning skills get stronger? Rexxar's Misha does have a moving speed boost when the bear summoning skill upgrades, and it can be a little annoying when the summoning creatures always move slower than heroes (I would make sure that all of my heroes' moving speed are at "very fast" level after I achieve that item with moving speed boost arua from Scholomance).
I'll consider it.
Finally, I have doubt about the terrain design of 2 places: the bottom part of Hillsbrad Foothills in ACT 2, where you can see lots of water and finish some of the main and optional quests, and the 2 small grounds at the front door of Gilneas' Siege in ACT 3, where you put 2 cannons. They looks fine, but both of these two places are hard to move around; heroes are stuck and blocked all the time, especially the cannons' ground —— the ground seems flat and smooth, except there are some invisible barriers, which makes my heroes having a hard time to get in and out. Thus, I wish to know, do you make these 2 places inconvenient to walk around on purpose, or you make them like this just by accident?
Not really, I made them just like that without particular purpose.

Level 28
Update v2.5b

Tirisfal Glades : - Most of the Skeletons have been replaced by Scourge minions.
Arathi Highlands : - Added two Resurrection Stones, one on the north-east, the other on the south-west.
Fellson : - Elixir of Death : Reduced the amount of heal for level 2,3 and 4 (200/350/500/600 instead of 200/400/600/800)
- Hardened Armor --> Howl of Terror

Last edited:
Level 1
Update v2.5b

Tirisfal Glades : - Most of the Skeletons have been replaced by Scourge minions.
- Hardened Armor --> Howl of Terror

You should change some enemies colors since they re the same as your units

Level 3
No. I haven't changed anthing.

That's a good suggestion.

I'll consider it.

Not really, I made them just like that without particular purpose.

Thank you for the answer! That really clear my doubt. Plus, have seen your change on the creeps; they can always provide gold now, just like those in Rexxar Campaign. Glad to see that:)

Also surprised that the update is so quick:eek:, thanks a lot! Downloading it right now.

Level 28
I have done a bit of testing and it has to be something with that specific thing in the world editor, what is the IDEAL version of warcraft to play this campaign in?
Where can I get the latest patch of wc3 pls?
Download the Warcraft 3 Launcher or connect to Battle.net.
is there any way to get to the top left portion of Agamand Mills??
There a critter in the water area. Use the Book of Teleportation on him to get there.

Level 28
You should change some enemies colors since they re the same as your units
I'm not too concerned about enemy colors. Plus, the Scarlet Crusade uses a Red team color, I could change it to maroon but it would still look the same.
As you can see, level 2 and level 3 of warriors' bash are exactly the same. Wondering if it is only the problem of the description, or the mistake happens on the actual effect of the skill as well.
Nah, it's only an error in the tooltip.

Level 1
I'm using Death Knight and seems like Frost Presence doesn't work when you have an item that has an orb like searing blade. Is it a bug? I would like him to attack air units too.

Level 3
Hey Warseeker, just got some other things to say.

First,
https://imgsa.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/676076a7d933c895158fd33adc1373f083020046.jpg
https://imgsa.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/bc4301fae6cd7b8920e771c2022442a7d8330ea8.jpg
So, after the 2.5b update, the W skill of Grimthos, Howl of Terror, and Arms warrior's R skill, Intimidating Shout, are basically the same thing, rigjht?
As I can see in the game, Arms warriors' R costs 150 mana, reduces 50/70% damage, lasts 15 sec, and has a quite quick cooldown (comparing to other ultimate skills).
In contrast, Grimthos' W costs 75 mana, reduces 20/30/40/50% damage, lasts 30 sec, and has the same cooldown as Arms warriors' R.
This is somehow not appropriate, imo at least. Despite they are the same skill, Arms warriors' R, being an ultimate, is not obviously stronger than Grimthos' W, which is a normal.
Thus, a little change here would be nice; my suggestion is that switching their skill's effective time, as in Grimthos' W lasting 15 sec and Arms warrior's R lasting 30 sec. Don't need to change the rest, since the 150 mana cost is normal for an ultimate, and further cutting down the cooldown of this skill might cause some imbalance problem.

Besides,

When thinking about the effective time switch of these 2 guys' skill, I suddenly remember the "forever lasting curse" problem in ACT 1, which is mentioned earlier by Zetubal. As for me, I think the real problem is not the number of the banshees on the map, but the effective time of their curse; it lasts for far too long, and heroes can easily get cursed again even before the last curse ends. It might be because you give these neutral banshees the player's version of curse, which is used by the banshee of Scourge and has a terrifying long effective time, 120 sec (the effect would be reduced when unleashed on hero of course. however, it would still last for a very long time because of this crazy basic effective time), instead of creeps' curse, which should last much shorter. Thus, simply cut down the effective time of the neutral banshees' curse would be nice, especially since players can no longer purchase staff of negation from the store, and they won't be able to get the Scarlett Crusades' staff that can dispel magic until the 2nd latest main quest.

Furthermore,
Sam002 mentioned earlier that there is some problems with skills' design of arcane mage, and I have to agree with him after I give a simply try to it. However, I disagree with his approach of altering the skills.

I think slience is a really good skill and worthy to be kept; it is quite useful, and very suitable for an arcane mage, not mentioning that players would have a much more powerful version of slience than that of item, after the skill's full upgrade.
As for polymorph, currently it has already got a very short cooldown, and can last for 60 sec after fully upgraded. Changing it into an aoe would be far too powerful. Merely cutting down the mana cost when upgrading this skill would be enough.
Arcane Blast is too weak indeed, but it is not because of the damage in total, but the way of casting it: arcane mage needs to cast it without interruption for 45 sec, which is far too risky. Once it is stopped too early, it would be nothing. I
recommend that giving it a much shorter casting time, and letting the damage output unleashed instantly, similar to Flame strike of Blood mage in the original wc3. Cutting down the cooldown would also be nice.
Mirror Image is the only skill that needs to be altered; after all, mirror image of arcane mage would be too brittle because of his low hp and armor, just like Sam002 suggests. I think of 3 solutions:
1, Arcane mage can create mirror images of the subject he selects instead of only himself, increased number of images or lower mana cost when upgraded;
2, Arcane mage gains a permanent buff on intelligence and mana regeneration speed (not like Archmage's brilliance arua, but only effective on Arcane mage himself), and the buff achieved becomes higher when upgraded;
3, Arcane mage is able to dispel magic. Dispel get lower mana cost and bigger area effect with upgrade. This is my personal favorite, since Dispel and Slience together would make Arcane mage into a horrible magic interruptor, and player can have more choice on the items (as the items with dispel and slience are no longer needed). With proper use, Arcane mage would keep disabling any hostile magic user like almost forever, which fits Arcane mage's role of ultimate magic wielder and manipultor.

Last but not least,
Zetubal mentioned earlier about the problems of too many building razings. You can change the overall design of these quests, of course, but it would take too much time. What I suggest for now is either allowing more of heroes' magic attack to be effective on buildings (like Chen Stormstout's breath of fire or Cairne's shock wave in Rexxar campaign), or giving an additional magic/buff, which is extremely useful to bulidings, to the magic book acquired in ACT 1. I personally prefer the 2nd solution, since you cannot make sure that every 1st heroes have magic/skill that is effective on buildings, and there can be some other imbalance issue produced by accident. Adding Far Seer/Thrall's Earthquake to the book, or enabling the book's holder to deal extra damage to buildings (just like robo goblin tinker's demolish ability) would be nice, since these 2 are only effective on buildings, and have absolutely zero risk of creating unnecessary imbalance issue.

By the way, creep's health seems to increase with heroes' level up, and instead of purchasing boots of speed from the store, now you can simply get one from the ice troll leader in Alterac ruins; both of these 2 changes are quite brilliant, and I appreciate these indeed.
Hope you still keep the other 2 boots of speed with agility buff in ACT 2, since 3 boots of speed will be necessary to keep all heroes at the moving speed of "very fast" level after achieving that item with moving speed boost arua from scholomance ( both Fellson and Merphist would need 1 for each of them, since they are still at "fast" level of moving speed with the buff of that aura I just mentioned. Players' 1st hero could also use 1 if his/her moving speed is not fast enough. Grimthos is the only one in the team that doesn't need boots of speed, since he can move at "fast" level himself and at "very fast" level with the aura).

P.S. Almost forget about this. Currently, Fellson's healing potion's hp healing upgrade is set as 200/350/500/600. I personally find the data to be a little unparallel, with 150 increase with the 2nd & 3rd level up but only 100 increase with the 4th. It would be better if you change the data to 150/300/450/600, so that the hp healing increased each time would be the same. A really small problem, though; won't cause any harm even you ignore it.

Last edited:
Level 28
I'm using Death Knight and seems like Frost Presence doesn't work when you have an item that has an orb like searing blade. Is it a bug? I would like him to attack air units too.
It doesn't stack I suppose since Frost Presence is based on Slow Poison ability. Though I might be wrong.

Hey @Ancient God Kratos, Thanks again for pointing out those bugs. It really helps me on improving this campaign. though I may not be able to fix them right now since I'm focusing on a different campaign at the time being but will get back to this campaign sooner of later.

Level 3
It doesn't stack I suppose since Frost Presence is based on Slow Poison ability. Though I might be wrong.

Hey @Ancient God Kratos, Thanks again for pointing out those bugs. It really helps me on improving this campaign. though I may not be able to fix them right now since I'm focusing on a different campaign at the time being but will get back to this campaign sooner of later.

The honor is mine, Mr. Warseeker; I'm more than grateful that you approve so many of my suggestion:D.
No problem, the point is to let you know my feedback, and you do notice it.
About the other campaign that you are working on, let me guess: the sequel of Legacy of Lordaeron, which you've mentioned earlier, right? As I can recall, it's called Liberation of Gilneas, and will let player act as the champions of Gilneas or sth.

Level 28
The honor is mine, Mr. Warseeker; I'm more than grateful that you approve so many of my suggestion:D.
No problem, the point is to let you know my feedback, and you do notice it.
About the other campaign that you are working on, let me guess: the sequel of Legacy of Lordaeron, which you've mentioned earlier, right? As I can recall, it's called Liberation of Gilneas, and will let player act as the champions of Gilneas or sth.
Nah, it something totally different. Liberation of Gilneas will come after this campaign is over.

Last edited:
Level 3
At chapter 3 when u fight Genn, Sylvanas's base only def? The population is always around 40 and they only attack 1 lane while Worgen always attack. Is this new update or bug?

Level 21
Fun, relaxing campaign overall; definitely captured that Founding of Durotar feel you were going for. I enjoyed how the first two acts rewarded exploration and allowed the player to build their characters up as strong as possible before the all out base attacks where you truly unleash them.

A few notes on the base attacks:
  1. Destroying production structures/workers versus every building would be a welcome change IMO as only having hero damage versus siege units just adds some mindless, empty time to wipe worthless buildings in the instances where that's required to proceed.
  2. There are 3 instances of base wiping in a row. Like I mentioned above, I liked the dynamic of building your character via optional dungeons then using that power to blast through some bases, but I felt the end of Act 2, then both parts of Act 3 became a bit repetitive.
  3. The second half of Act 3 was set apart in that you need to babysit Sylvanas, though I would have liked to see a more active ally there to set that section apart a bit more. Perhaps completing the optional objectives could allow for more allied units to spawn or something - just a subjective observation/suggestion in any case.

I found one minor bug with my character: Demonology Warlock, Lvl 2 Doom is not castable on any creeps of any level (yes, below lvl 6 to clarify). It is usable on my Felhunter and any normal, factioned enemies other than heroes, so that's all well and good. Lvl 1 Doom still appeared to work on creeps, so I'm pretty confident it's just a Lvl 2 issue.

Mission select screen was fairly broken for me also. After Act 2, an unlabelled button appeared that took me to the Den of Dragons. Act 3 never appeared, so if a player had not saved, they would lose a lot of progress.

Last bug I found was that Grimthos was capped at 13 in Act 2, compared to the other three heroes capped at 12. Obviously a really minor thing there, but figured I'd report it to you.

My favorite parts were certainly the exploration in the first two acts that rewarded you for looking for entirely optional areas. I think adding more entries to the quest log to do things the player is already doing could only serve to incentivize/reward that exploration more so, even if there is no new/extra reward for simply checking it off in the log.

Further, the item drop progression felt a bit off in that I was still using several items from Scarlet Monastery at the very end and leaving items from Scholomance behind because they didn't outclass what I already had. Regardless, I loved finding the optional dungeons/bosses and checking out what items they provided.

Great work overall! Thanks for making this and continuously updating it to work with the latest WC3 patches, I had a lot of fun :)

Last edited:
Level 28
Fun, relaxing campaign overall; definitely captured that Founding of Durotar feel you were going for. I enjoyed how the first two acts rewarded exploration and allowed the player to build their characters up as strong as possible before the all out base attacks where you truly unleash them.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
Destroying production structures/workers versus every building would be a welcome change IMO as only having hero damage versus siege units just adds some mindless, empty time to wipe worthless buildings in the instances where that's required to proceed.
Yeah, I'll consider that.
The second half of Act 3 was set apart in that you need to babysit Sylvanas, though I would have liked to see a more active ally there to set that section apart a bit more. Perhaps completing the optional objectives could allow for more allied units to spawn or something - just a subjective observation/suggestion in any case.
I know. The last mission of Act 3 used to be similar to the last mission of FoD before v2.4. However, some people complained about that so I had to change it to the way it is now. I don't know though, I may bring back the old version of this map or make some changes...
I found one minor bug with my character: Demonology Warlock, Lvl 2 Doom is not castable on any creeps of any level (yes, below lvl 6 to clarify). It is usable on my Felhunter and any normal, factioned enemies other than heroes, so that's all well and good. Lvl 1 Doom still appeared to work on creeps, so I'm pretty confident it's just a Lvl 2 issue.
Well, most of the creeps in Act 2 are above level 6.
Mission select screen was fairly broken for me also. After Act 2, an unlabelled button appeared that took me to the Den of Dragons. Act 3 never appeared, so if a player had not saved, they would lose a lot of progress.

Last bug I found was that Grimthos was capped at 13 in Act 2, compared to the other three heroes capped at 12. Obviously a really minor thing there, but figured I'd report it to you.
Thanks for pointing it out those bugs.

By the way, I would like to thank you for the Playthrough you made for this campaign, I really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Yeah, I'll consider that.

I know. The last mission of Act 3 used to be similar to the last mission of FoD before v2.4. However, some people complained about that so I had to change it to the way it is now. I don't know though, I may bring back the old version of this map or make some changes...

Well, most of the creeps in Act 2 are above level 6.

Thanks for pointing it out those bugs.

By the way, I would like to thank you for the Playthrough you made for this campaign, I really appreciate it :)

Hey Warseeker, since you said that you are currently being busy with another campaign, I once decided to give my feedback when you are back to this campaign. However, some recent replies have already discussed about sth that I discover or not, so I would like to talk about it.

Jaybrino mentioned Mission select screen bug and Grimthos' level problem; the 1st is exactly like what Jaybrino says, and I personally would like to add some more details to the 2rd: not only Grimthos' top level is not limited in ACT2, but also he doesn't get the level limitation like the others in the first map of ACT3. In this particular map, all the other heroes can only get to level 14, while Grimthos can get all the way to the top. In conclusion, normally heroes should top at level 12 in ACT2 and level 14 in first map of ACT3, while Grimthos is already able to reach level 15 in ACT 2, as long as you keep feeding him.

About the gameplay design of ACT 3 that mentioned above, my personal suggestion would be providing more variety, like babysitting Sylvanas in 1 map, and cooperate with her in another. I think that you should do babysit in the 1st map, and do cooperation in the 2rd, since Sylv does say that she will maintain the defense of the base and let heroes do the attack in the 1st map, and claims that she will lead an offensive siege in the 2rd (plus she does lead a troop fighting Genn in the final cinematics, could be the leftover after you've changed the design in 2.4, though). Of course, in the end it would be you who decide; just follow your heart and make the design you truly want. Sometimes you have to entertain yourself before you entertain others, right?

About the Demonology Warlock, I'm actually glad that both of her familiars has the basic moving speed of "fast"; could be a coincidence, though, considering the type of the familiars. Just hope you can get the other familiars moving as fast as them (hope you wouldn't get mad at my endless whinning about moving speed:oops:, since I do care about it a lot, and the overall swift moving speed of the heroes is one of my favorite design in Founding of Durotar).

Last but not least, Forst Death Knight's Frost Presence, mentioned by Deadmanwalking. I have fully tested it, and although it is based on slow poison ability, frost presence would be disabled when death knight is carrying an orb-like item (even the flaming blade, which is orb-like but cannot attack air, and shadow orb, which is an orb without offensive orb effect, would still disable frost presence if you let frost death knight equip them). Guess the system still views frost presence/slow poison ability as one of orb's effect? Besides, since frost presence is a passive ability instead of autocast spell, it cannot overlap any orb's effect (while an autocast spell like, for example, survival hunter's firing arrow, would be able to replace any orb effect when it is activated). Make frost presence into an autocast spell would solve the case, but I prefer a more directly approach: let frost presence enable frost death knight to attack air units, so that frost death knight no longer needs an orb. After all, autocast spells won't work on enemies with spell immunity like passive ability, and it is always better to keep more variety in the design of different spells and abilities.

EDIT: One more minor... bug found, since I don't know if it is your intention.
Still about Demonology Warlock. Her succubus, summoned by Q ability, is not able to be healed by Fellson's Q. However...
Despite being a permenant familiar, this succubus is pretty fragile while having good damage output, which makes her to be a glasscanon that should avoid taking damage, rather than a vanguard that can attack and take damage at same time. Plus, Demonology Warlock is a intelligence based hero, and that would enable her to summon succubus many times after she reaches enough level.
Thus, I'm a little confused here: do you actually want players to use succubus as a glasscanon, so you forbid her to be healed by Fellson's Q intentionally, or you just make it like this by accident, as a leftover from the last update on Demonology Warlock?

Last edited:
Level 5
Just want to confirm if the problem is on my end or if it might be the map. The Backround Music keeps disappearing (I'm at the start of the game), while the sound of everything else remains. Going into the Options and deselecting and reselecting the marker for "Music" makes the music appear again for a few minutes before it disappears again.

So, is that supposed to happen because of some atmospheric choice, or is that unintended?

One additional Note: I have a fresh install of WC3 V1.30.1 , installed yesterday.

EDIT: Maybe it's an issue with the cutscenes, as shortly after them the music likes to disappear, but after restarting my WC3 (again), except for an odd 5 second pause in between loops, the music seems to play again. So consider this a somewhat selfresolved issue ^^'

Last edited:
Level 1
I am having a similar issue that I had before the update. Is there any chance we can call on some form of other software(discord, etc.) where you can screen share so I can see what this specific thing is? Or if you have any recommendations that would be awesome too thanks!<3

Attachments

• worldeditorbug2.jpg
    worldeditorbug2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 71
Level 5
Encountered a bug which might interest you. I don't yet know the long-term effect of it, but it concerns the Skeletal Mage quest.

You see, Before I go for main objectives, I'm someone who likes to scout all of the surroundings if possible, and in one such instance on the map, where the skeletal mage quest is done, I scouted through the whole east part of the map (safe for the unreachable part south-east). While doing that I encountered, behind a steel door, a Lich Lvl 6. Instinctively I click on the Soul Gem then on the Lich and Voila, Quest Update, Return to Quest-giver.

I don't know how much I may or may not have screwed myself now. Only after that I found (the previously already revealed) part of the map where the quest continues, where I have yet to make the skeletal mage reveal himself.

As I assume that this is not intentional, I report this as a bug. I'll post again, if this issue has some lasting effect, otherwise you can assume, that the quest can be finished using this method without ever encountering the actual objective. (And my mind keeps nagging me, that that Lvl 6 Lich may or may not have had a nice little item to share).

Greetz

Level 28
Just want to confirm if the problem is on my end or if it might be the map. The Backround Music keeps disappearing (I'm at the start of the game), while the sound of everything else remains. Going into the Options and deselecting and reselecting the marker for "Music" makes the music appear again for a few minutes before it disappears again.

So, is that supposed to happen because of some atmospheric choice, or is that unintended?

One additional Note: I have a fresh install of WC3 V1.30.1 , installed yesterday.

EDIT: Maybe it's an issue with the cutscenes, as shortly after them the music likes to disappear, but after restarting my WC3 (again), except for an odd 5 second pause in between loops, the music seems to play again. So consider this a somewhat selfresolved issue ^^'
Sounds are currently broken in patch 1.30.1, they only play once for now.
I am having a similar issue that I had before the update. Is there any chance we can call on some form of other software(discord, etc.) where you can screen share so I can see what this specific thing is? Or if you have any recommendations that would be awesome too thanks!<3
I honestly don't know what's wrong with that bug. Have you tried opening v1.27a of this campaign and see if it works?
Encountered a bug which might interest you. I don't yet know the long-term effect of it, but it concerns the Skeletal Mage quest.

You see, Before I go for main objectives, I'm someone who likes to scout all of the surroundings if possible, and in one such instance on the map, where the skeletal mage quest is done, I scouted through the whole east part of the map (safe for the unreachable part south-east). While doing that I encountered, behind a steel door, a Lich Lvl 6. Instinctively I click on the Soul Gem then on the Lich and Voila, Quest Update, Return to Quest-giver.

I don't know how much I may or may not have screwed myself now. Only after that I found (the previously already revealed) part of the map where the quest continues, where I have yet to make the skeletal mage reveal himself.

As I assume that this is not intentional, I report this as a bug. I'll post again, if this issue has some lasting effect, otherwise you can assume, that the quest can be finished using this method without ever encountering the actual objective. (And my mind keeps nagging me, that that Lvl 6 Lich may or may not have had a nice little item to share).

Greetz
Yeah, my mistake. I totally forgot about that Lich :p Thanks for pointing that out!

Level 28
Update : Version 2.5c

------------------------ General -------------------------------

- Hunter (Beast Master) : - Black Spider can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Fellson : - Nerfed Elixir of Death ( 150/300/450/600 instead of 200/350/500/600)
- Fixed Grimthos' Exp Cap in Act 2

Level 3
Update : Version 2.5c

------------------------ General -------------------------------

- Fixed Grimthos' Exp Cap in Act 2

A new update?! What a pleasant surprise! Can't wait to try it, thanks!
Didn't see any change about Frost Presence of Frost death knight, though. Need to check out if it has been fixed or not.

Last edited:
Level 1
This might be me missing something vitally important or just being a complete noob at this game overall, but I am finding the last act, "Battle for Gilneas" in particular to be utterly impossible for me to beat. I'm playing on the 2.5a version of the game since that's what I started on and I don't want to update yet since I don't want to ruin my saves or anything like that, and personally I found the first two Acts of this campaign to be pretty damn good as someone who's always loved Founding of Durotar. I'd love to be able to beat it and move to the current update so I can start up a new character/build, but I've been at this mission for hours and cant for the life of me figure it out. No matter what strategy I employ the Forsaken base always manages to get completely overrun with hundreds of enemies and get completely destroyed before I can even kill 4 of the 5 Worgen Generals. The fact that even more enemy bases continue spawn in throughout the map makes to way too overwhelming for my tastes to the point of being frustrating. Like I said I already tried just running past everything and going straight for the generals, but there are just so many enemies throughout the map and in each mini base, that either my heroes get overwhelmed and killed before they can kill the general or they just get bodyblocked, trapped and killed. Any help or tips on what I should do to beat this mission would be much appreciated since I really don't want to just quit it since overall I really like the campaign except for this one part.

Level 28
@TopSecretTony You can purchase the Book of Town Portal in the Tomb of Relics (or use the Spellbook if you picked it up in Act 1 already) to help you go back and forth between your heroes and your ally base. Basically, all you need to do in that mission is to focus down their production structures first and then deal with the Generals. Otherwise, you can leave one hero to defend the Forsaken base while the other heroes deal with the Generals.