1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Learning by Gaming: A social project through the game Warcraft III.

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by moyackx, Jan 5, 2019.

1. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks @Archian , I appreciate your words.

2. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And we keep moving in 2019

[Original link] [Same in Spanish]

I know we've been a little quiet ... but definitely it's not for inactivity.

The project remains moving at a good pace, growing little by little and with that, the ways to learn in a more effective and entertaining way for the students through the game is being evolved.

This year new students arrived in sixth, ninth and tenth grades (ages between 11 and 16 years old). who have been very committed to the process. Now with the collaboration of my teacher partner, Professor Jaime Correa (The Skull), professor of Arts and a proudly video games fan. If you want to know his channel, here is the link to subscribe.

As the first public activity this year 2019 we have been part of the school's playful day where we are developing this project by implementing a video game room in a rustic but enthusiastic way, where the teacher Jaime Correa, together with other teaching colleagues, contributed with Xbox 360 consoles, with them kids had a lot of fun, and with the help of my project leader boys (tenth and eleventh grade kids) we set up a LAN party in Warcraft 3, playing maps like warchasers, WC3 campaign and melee maps. With this I plan to promote Warcraft in the mind to make it familiar in the community where I work.

Here are some screenshots of the event.

IMG_20190412_094746.jpg IMG_20190412_094749.jpg IMG_20190412_094752.jpg IMG_20190412_094940.jpg IMG_20190412_095353.jpg IMG_20190412_120625.jpg IMG_20190412_120810.jpg IMG-20190412-WA0057.jpg IMG-20190412-WA0058.jpg IMG-20190412-WA0059.jpg IMG-20190412-WA0061.jpg IMG-20190412-WA0069.jpg IMG-20190413-WA0006.jpg IMG-20190413-WA0012.jpg IMG-20190413-WA0021.jpg IMG-20190413-WA0025.jpg IMG-20190413-WA0026.jpg IMG-20190413-WA0030.jpg IMG-20190413-WA0032.jpg

Thanks for reading and sharing. Your comments are really appreciated.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  3. Landmine

Landmine

Multimedia Manager

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm glad to see this project returning with a new group of students. New minds to get creative but also good to see that Warcraft 3 can still entertain younger people despite its age.
    Hit me up with a DM; I would love to see if there's a way to help support this.

4. stormone

stormone

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well donne!!!

5. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can i share this on our social media sites? This is just awesome. And I think its important to tell this story as it continues. Being a father myself, I love how social gaming are able to create long-lasting friendships & promotes creative thinking plus is a great teacher (math, english, reading etc.). It's also a great ice-breaker for conversations with strangers at parties for example. Its a hoppy we share and have in common with others.

We as community managers and Warcraft players have a responsibility to promote this game to a new generation and teach others about it. Lets be nice to the people coming in for the first time to try this. Let's be patient and understanding and help them as much as we can.

6. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The only thing Warchasers ever taught me was that sitting around at the start bullying/farming the first mob camp without killing the spawning building for hours would one day allow me to just smash through the rest of the game and defeat the final boss without difficulty :D.

7. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad to hear this project is still ongoing. =)

May I propose something? How about designing a map and having all students working in collaboration to do it? ^^

8. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Before hand thanks for your feedback. it's really appreciated. I'll point out my pupils to read this topic so the can see how far their work is reaching :)

Yeahhh, I've done the same with that game, and cheat, and all the nasty things we learned in the WC3 gaming process :D But it's enjoyable to see how my pupils (thanks @Rui ) have enjoyed that game. That was really inspiring.

Yes, that's something I'm planning too. I'm preparing a kind of Battle royale in WC3 seeing the love this kids have for that kind of game, I'm learning to play freeFire to undesrtand their point of view.

Thanks @Landmine , definitely support is needed, but in the tutorial part. One of the biggest aspect to work is the Language part: both English and programming. GUI has been a great help but in Spanish the WE has parts not translated. But I'm managing this thing in the best way possible. Anyways I'll PM you about that.

THANKS!!!!!

Hi @Archian , glad you love the work is being made. And yes, that's the idea of posting here: I want to share tha educational possiblities that Warcraft 3 has. We're are in fact the professional result of that.

BTW, are you a father??? my goodness, we're too old!!! but What a great thing to know, congrats :D

9. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for such a wonderful idea and execution. I will keep this in mind if I get to be a lecturer or teacher in relevant fields some day :)

On a side note, Warcraft 3 is quite pricey on this block of the world :rolleyes: