• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Launch without click?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, does anybody know how to make the game launch without "Press any key to continue" in the loading screen?
And something else, if anyone can tell me what's the correct stats data for barrage so the unit can hit 1/2/3 additional targets (2/3/4 with base attack)? When I use it the hero attacks it ignores the stats I give the skill and also hits friendlies while it shouldn't.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Annihilus said:
And something else, if anyone can tell me what's the correct stats data for barrage so the unit can hit 1/2/3 additional targets (2/3/4 with base attack)? When I use it the hero attacks it ignores the stats I give the skill and also hits friendlies while it shouldn't.
That happens because Barrage has 3 targets by default if I'm not wrong. Also, how do you mean it hits friendly units? Just reset the Targets Allowed field, by right-clicking on the field and selecting the correct button; this because Barrage shouldn't hit allies on it's genuine form.

Level 3
There is a way to make it without hitting the key. Take dota for example. I will try the barrage thingie again.

Level 24
i'm relatively sure that the way you get it to not appear is to have a custom loading screen. by that i mean actually changing the loading screen, not just using one of the screens blizzard put in.

Level 3
I've already put my own loading screen dude but I'm sure it doesn't have to do with it cause I get the usual thing "press any key to continue"... the only place where I found it loading without pressing key however is dota ><

Level 24
hmm. in my experience, most maps with custom loads don't do the press any key thing. maybe it has to do with loading time.

btw, i think that this has been asked before, but don't remember the thread title. i'm pretty sure that if it was, the question was worded completely different, so searching might not help.

Level 5

I've already put my own loading screen dude but I'm sure it doesn't have to do with it cause I get the usual thing "press any key to continue"... the only place where I found it loading without pressing key however is dota ><

Maybe try downloading one of those "Unprotected" versions of Dota and see how they did it?

Level 5
I don't believe this is a toggle-able option, I think it's automatically determined based on the content of the map. What affects this, I don't know. I believe that once the loading time gets high enough, it dispenses with that.

For example, the RPG True Chaos does not ask you to press a key, yet I am almost 100% positive the creator did not have to change any options to get this (I know him personally).

This might tie in with the fact that the Press Any Key activates automatically after a certain period of time, so the illusion of No-Press-Any-Key may simply be it auto-pressing before you finish loading the map.

Level 3
Nope, that can't be either. My map is 3,5 MB and takes much longer to load than dotA, but I get the Press any Key while they don't...

And where can I find an unprotected version of dotA? All that I find are protected.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Use the generic blizzard melee loading screen and import your loading screen over it, it will have the handy loading bars for all players and auto start once all have loaded WITHOUT clicking. Overall it is A LOT better than custom loading screens since you KNOW who is slow and taking longer to load. SWAT Aftermaths uses the above and it is usefull to know who the 1GHZ nvedia 3500 is and who is a quad core nvedia 8800GTX. Infact, why do people use the step backwards loading screen in the first place?

Level 5
Use the generic blizzard melee loading screen and import your loading screen over it, it will have the handy loading bars for all players and auto start once all have loaded WITHOUT clicking. Overall it is A LOT better than custom loading screens since you KNOW who is slow and taking longer to load. SWAT Aftermaths uses the above and it is usefull to know who the 1GHZ nvedia 3500 is and who is a quad core nvedia 8800GTX. Infact, why do people use the step backwards loading screen in the first place?

Because they prefer to be able to change the text displayed in the loading screen with much more ease than is afforded in your method?

Or because there are more tutorials to do it the other way?

Speaking of which, could you link me to a tutorial to do it the way you describe?

Status
Not open for further replies.