• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last Bloom Lovers

Last_Bloom.png

The Groom and The Bride.
" She maybe scared of her surrounding but he always there to reach out her heart. "
Tags:
Lich, Kel Thuzad, Banshee.

Version 1.0 [Both Lich and Banshee]Released.
unknown.png
Thanks to General Frank for updated ingame screenshot.
Version 1.1 [Both]- Fix the arm texture for Banshee.
- Both haircut has been adjusted for constract.
- Change the bottom Rose vine [Banshee's dress] from black to dark blue.
- Lich's teeth has been fixed and now look more rotten.
- Minor fixes in clothing.
- Both textures file size has been reduced.
Version 2 [Both]Major update.
Both color were turn down saturation to make it much more neutral.
Change the title into: "Last Bloom Lovers" since they are official tie the knot.
Both person now has a ring that worn on their hand.
  • Changed his horn into covering ice instead of looking like a freaking pencil.
  • New accessory chain, now replaced from rose to ice crystal.
  • Rose relocated to main clothing.
  • Increasing contrast to his face and added highlight and eyebrows. Get a nose job.
  • Added Sideburn where Lich lower horn used to be.
  • Clothing wrinkle added.
  • Remove background where his team color located.
  • Changed her clothing to white to make it more neutral for team color.
  • Increasing contrast.
  • Extra detail added to her hair.
  • Team color re-added, grey out the team color in the shoulder.
  • Her skin is adjusted to be slightly rosier color.
  • Banshee has been slightly de-aged.
  • Added nail to her hand, no longer glued.
  • Reduce the blacken part of her eye.
LastBloom_002.png

LastBloom_Groom_02.png
LastBloom_Bride_02.png
Once again, thank you General Frank for updated screenshot.
Previews
Contents

BTNBride [Chapter II] (Icon)

BTNGroom [Chapter II] (Icon)

Last Bloom Groom [Chapter II] (Texture)

Last Bloom Bride [Chapter II] (Texture)

BTNBride (Icon)

BTNGroom (Icon)

Last Bloom Bride (Texture)

Last Bloom Groom (Texture)

Reviews
Archian
Approved. Perhaps give it some more defining highlights and shading for more contrast. Please provide an ingame screenshot.
So Shido I have a few minutes to spare so thought I'd finally get around to giving another review :p

The Good:
As always I start off with the good. For one the banshee and Lich by virtue of their models have quite a difficult wrap to work with not to mention its hard to massively transform them into something else due to the texture being designed with the model in mind. So congratulations on being able to make them look so different to their originals.

For the Lich I love his face, the detailing and the shading and colouration is just right for that dry and decomposed flesh look. I also really like his clothing from the wee bowtie to the cloth wrappings of his lower half which connects really well when looked at in game. I also love on both textures your colour choice, from the off-white baby blues to the darker closer to navy blue shades you've got contrast without too much samey-ness in terms of colour.

For the Banshee I like the integration of the flowers into the design as well as the hair that gradates from the hair into blue. I also like how drastically different her face looks. This is something I sometimes struggle with which is trying to change how someone looks face wise whilst still making it look good after being wrapped.

Areas For Improvement:
I'm not going to lie Shido but I think you might not have taken as much time with this texture as some of your other ones. For one, where you have done shading it is done very well and your style is distinctive as always. However, I feel like there are large parts of these textures where you haven't shaded them as much and the result is that it looks quite flat. In particular the flowers and some parts of their clothing. There is shading but I don't think its well-defined enough for example looking at the teeth and hair of the Lich. Also there's something off with the Banshees face. The lich's looks great but there's something I can't quite put my finger on with the banshee and she looks a bit ugly imo (whether that's what you were going for I'm not sure) part of it I think is due to not looking at how the shading will turn out when applied to the wrap because it's not bad in the texture but when looking at it on the model I think it could use some work.

Conclusion:
Just like all your textures this is a very good addition to the skins section and I really like it, it's well done and your skills are self-evident. I could point out a lot more of the things I like but that would get repetitive. However, I think there is room for improvement in a few areas which would just take you a bit more time to go back over and spend more time on them. Therefore I don't think there's anything "bad" about the texture I think maybe you just called it finished when I know if you spend more time on it it could look even better. For that reason I'd give it 3/5 and if you go back to it I'm sure it could easily become a 4 or 5. The 3 might seem harsh as this texture isn't "average" by any means but when taken in comparison with your other textures and the potential for how good these skins could be I feel like a 3 gives you a good amount of room to work up from :)

Level 31
she looks a bit ugly imo (whether that's what you were going for I'm not sure)
Actually she meant to look old, i wouldn't attempt to make a banshee young with all the make up and such. :xxd:

I'm not going to lie Shido but I think you might not have taken as much time with this texture as some of your other ones.
It's true, Last Bloom Couple was made within a week and limitation of doing both texture at a time with one harder than other can be rough to detail them. Since the clothing is mostly white and the model itself quite flat, i don't have much logically wrinkle clothes and such to fill in. I couldn't blame the model here since i was doing it under circumstances of bring two unit toghether as a romantic pair (originally i thought it was too impossible when making a lich skin (especially portraying him as human) and banshee is hjard as both wrap are terriible). :ogre_hurrhurr: Banshee hair is also the culprit of the issue because some part of banshee hair use in the face area while some use the hair attach as a whole. About the flower, this is the closest way to see them within the area of the texture. Visibility does carry the skin in general and banshee is its main carry for the duo.

There is one more point that i would like to mention Since both skin are based on actual wedding couple, it's fine for Lich clothing to look flat (irl groom vest wouldn't be easily wrinkle in chest area). This point plus the white color choice maybe justifiable but depend on your point.

What will be changed?
  • Both Lich and Banshee will have some minor hair adjustment.
  • Adjust the lich teeth, i don't think his timeline have toothpaste to be this " clean" teeth.
  • The clothing might be adjusted to some area. Especially on Lich.
What will not be changed?
- Banshee's face will remain unchanged. Make up for banshee is expensive :xxd:.

Actually she meant to look old, i wouldn't attempt to make a banshee young with all the make up and such. :xxd:

It's true, Last Bloom Couple was made within a week and limitation of doing both texture at a time with one harder than other can be rough to detail them. Since the clothing is mostly white and the model itself quite flat, i don't have much logically wrinkle clothes and such to fill in. I couldn't blame the model here since i was doing it under circumstances of bring two unit toghether as a romantic pair (originally i thought it was too impossible when making a lich skin (especially portraying him as human) and banshee is hjard as both wrap are terriible). :ogre_hurrhurr: Banshee hair is also the culprit of the issue because some part of banshee hair use in the face area while some use the hair attach as a whole. About the flower, this is the closest way to see them within the area of the texture. Visibility does carry the skin in general and banshee is its main carry for the duo.

There is one more point that i would like to mention Since both skin are based on actual wedding couple, it's fine for Lich clothing to look flat (irl groom vest wouldn't be easily wrinkle in chest area). This point plus the white color choice maybe justifiable but depend on your point.

What will be changed?
  • Both Lich and Banshee will have some minor hair adjustment.
  • Adjust the lich teeth, i don't think his timeline have toothpaste to be this " clean" teeth.
  • The clothing might be adjusted to some area. Especially on Lich.
What will not be changed?
- Banshee's face will remain unchanged. Make up for banshee is expensive :xxd:.
Yeah that's all fair enough, it's still a very impressive set of two textures especially for models with such weird wraps and for a week's work you shouldn't take my words too harshly since I am being very critical since I think it's always worth being nitpicky when the textures as a whole are so good :)

Level 31
Yeah that's all fair enough, it's still a very impressive set of two textures especially for models with such weird wraps and for a week's work you shouldn't take my words too harshly since I am being very critical since I think it's always worth being nitpicky when the textures as a whole are so good :)
Nah, it's all good footman, now do the other 2. :xxd:

Level 31
It's so good to be back working on Last Bloom as I have a cousin who about to get married. The old version will stay there for a week and then taken out. Feedbacks are welcome.

Edit: Shido here, i think given they are pretty much making a progress, i decide not to delete the original version and rather there for historical reasoning. You can still download it.

Last edited:
Level 34
Actually, you know what, we do not have anything regarding dead/ghost/cursed bride (or woman in white) and yet it is famous character in ghost stories worldwide. When you type bride in models, nothing. When you type it in skin, only your appears. You are the only one to actually try to make something like this, so good job. 5/5+like from me (you maybe consider of making a ghost bride version as well)

The shading for the Chapter 2 skins is a big improvement. I also see that the flowers have been redrawn and look a lot better. The clothe fabric is also greatly improved vs the original. The horns on the Lich also stand out.

As for the rest, I don't see that much artistically different from the originals but I do appreciate all the added details and the overall improvement in drawing and shading in the new versions.