• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Language Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Lithuanian is one of the world's oldest surviving languages, and is distantly related to Sanskrit, a religious and literary language in India.

Lithuanian:

Yes - Taip

No - Ne

Hello - Labas

Goodbye - Viso gero

See you - Iki

Thanks - Aciu

Please - Prasau

I don't understand - As nesuprantu

My name is - Mano vardas

There are a few odd words that I can say but have no idea how to spell them. Since I am Canadian born, I only know a few words here and there, and I can't speak the language fluently, or write it at all :p

Regardless, the only other Lithuanian I know here is a guy called Dumblor, and he speaks fine English.

Level 35
Perhaps it was a word forged out of annoyance...It is as if perhaps an ancient person when being annoyed by his brother "Can I see the axe? Come'on, Hey brother lookie at me, hey bro can I have this mammoth as a pet? HEY BROTHER LOOK AT ME!!!!, hey brother could you tell me what this is...ect" And the brother screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Level 9
Spanish

Hay un gran fiesta en mis pantalones y tu es invite!

There is a big party in my pants and you are invited!

or, if you're not picky, "y todos invite"

"and everyone is invited"!

Hooray for Ikea and Swedish Meatballs. Especially Swedish Meatballs.

But i'm glad that i'm no longer the only Lithuanian on here at least >.> And since i'm Canadian it doesn't really count anyway xD

My last name is of Lithuanian origin!

:D

Level 15
A few Russian words to add to the list (now that this thread has been revived)...in English phonetics of course:

Hello
Zdravstvultye (formal)
Preevyet (informal)

Please
Pazhalsta ("zh" is a single sound, like a soft "j")

Thank you
spasiba (the "o" says almost an "ah" sound)

Disclaimer: My Russian skills are next to nil, so please correct this if they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.