1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Land of Legends

Submitted by AL_Eclipse
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
LAND OF LEGENDS II

This is a AOS map with very old roots and i garanty that this map is not a clone of dota even when there are similarities.

I think the greatest difference between Land of Legends
and other AOS maps is that this map is based on abilties and units rather than items and requires more teamplay because the income from creep kills is shared to the team.
In addition in Land of Legends are very much counter items to abilities or other items such as summoning dispell or anti slow boots which makes the game for newcomers very hard when they face heroes they dont know.
You also can say that the 2 different sites Sentinel and Scourge have a different style of play because the Scourge are focusing on summons and support spells which strenghten up there massive army and the Sentinel are focusing on strong stuns and strong heroes to beat there enemies with pure damage.
Another point is that there are 3 different hero classes which seperates the individual heroes from there main task for the team.

The available classes are:

Melee:
Melee Heroes also have 3 subclasses (Heavy Melee, Melee, Light Melee)

Heavy Melee Heroes are slow moving fat asses with a lot of hp and a high dmg output in lategame.
There main purpose is to hold off the immense dmg from the casters and to get the overhand in melee combat for the own team

Melee Heroes have specialized abilities to initiate a kill or strong support possibilities to strenghten up the main tank or other physical damage classes.

Light Melee Heroes are fast but only have a few hitpoints but usualy they have abilities which gives them the possibility to knock out a single target or to get into the combat nearly unexpectable.
In addition they can have the strongest attacks with the right equipment.
However there possibilities to face a Melee or even a Heavy Melee are very limited.

Ranger

Ranger Heroes attack from a relatively save distance and their attacks are very effective against caster heroes but they also can become very strong against Melee and Heavy Melee heroes in lategame.
Rangers have a lot of possibitlies to chase down targets and to swap there attack modifiers because they can buy them cheaply.

Casters

Caster do not have a single task in Land of Legends because there abilities are to different from each other.
But there are a lot of casters with strong Area of Effect (AoE) spells which helps to dominate the middle lane to get the strong needed gold for the team.

FEATURES

-59 Heroes
-4 different gamemodes with a possibility to create your own gamemode
-"Class System" which diffirenciate between Melee, Ranger and Caster Heroes
-Unique items for each class
-2 Bosses
-Strategic possibilties with reinforcements
-around 150 items

This map was originally created by WoD_ZeeRoX handed over to Vaxan and than to AL_Murder_X who created the prototype of this map with a lot of of bug fixes from the older versions but could not work on it to finish it because of studying and other real life stuff.
So he handed the map over to AL_Fragstealer and me and we tried our best to make our favourite map again as epic as it was before the patch 1.24 destroyed the whole community of Land of Legends (LoL).
The whole Terrain is created by AL_Fragstealer.
I just imported the whole data into the terrain and did a lot of balancing

A great thanks goes to Vexorian for his awesome optimizer because without it this map would take 20 mins to load (no joke) and some functions would not even work.
Another thanks goes out to CrazyRussian for some really great icons which fit perfectly to the map i think.

Screens:
Sentinel Base
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Scourge Base
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Bottom Lane
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
The bottom lane is a swamp with a lot of vegetation and high grass which blocks the vision which gives new possibilities for hiding and ganking.

Top Lane
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
The top lane features a mountain like terrain with a goblin mine and a tower which can be occupied to give vision to the forest nearby to get more information about enemy movement.

Nerazhul
[​IMG]
Nerazhul is one of the worldbosses which can be enslaved when killed to get a perfect pushing possibility or even get out of the enemy siege.

Icon Example

[​IMG]
Just an example for some really nice icons from crazyrussian. We are still working on having such icon sets for every hero but we dont want to increase the filesize more at the moment.

CHANGELOG

1.01b
-Fixed some minor pathing issues in the forest
-Fixed a lot of hero descriptions and grammar mistakes

-Fixed minor icons issues
-Fixed another bunch of tooltips

-relatively many fixes in terrain tooltip and triggering
-readded the sounds which were lost due to merging into the terrain (there is a strange bug which does not allow me to use all sounds ingame even when they are imported)
-Earthmage is now playable without lags
-Minor balance changes

-made the Earthmage playable
-edited the rest of the hero tooltips

-Added Creep Respawning System
-Fine tuned a lot stuff
-Hopefully fixed most of the issues which were posted

-fixed a bug with the charged arrow from the boneranger
-increased the life and damage of some creeps in the forest and also decreased the life of some low level creeps to improve jungling but also making it not to easy to lvl up in it

Keywords:
Land of Legends, Land, Legends, AOS, Fantasy, Forest, Undead, Sentinel, Scourge, Mystic
Contents

Land of Legends (Map)

Reviews
18:15, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. AL_Eclipse

AL_Eclipse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont think you have played lol2 ^^

We did not change anything from the older versions from lol2 except of the Terrain and the changes you are talking about sounds like you compare this map to LOE and not LOL2 because in fact all heroes in LoL2 had the same abilities like in this version and the fountain in the forest and the floating texts above the shops never existed in a LoL 2 version.

But you are right that the pathes in the forest are not recognizeable at the first time because of the black mask overlay on the map.
    I already thought about to remove it because it hides some nice terrain which canĀ“t be discovered without tricks.

2. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh sorry i must have been confused with the 2 different versions then.

3. Starcrafter

Starcrafter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there (by any chance) a LoL version compatible with 1.20e?

4. armix8

armix8

Resources:
    Resources:
    Absolutely Wonderful Map.

BEAUTIFUL graphical and balanced execution, one of the BEST maps I have ever encountered on the HIVE.

Love the Smooth Camera Controls.

5. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could u make scoreboard , please?

- - * and the map look something still missing from the old lol2

For the hydra , that is great.

but another secondary boosses , seem awful.

Icon has been changed . i like that old before.

u mix all of heroes . . . type together . that's not good.

put a font above shop plz , i confusing when i have to bought what i wants.

If you could adjust any skill or items, please make it better than old ver. [it seem like same melee wc3 as the previous said]

Because now the world was charged. if still use old skills it look like no evolution and it'll not interest after all.

Put something new. and i likes a big tower defense more than small tower defense.

if u want remake it, then make it better than old version.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  6. venus0310

venus0310

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like it

7. venus0310

venus0310

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good

8. AL_Eclipse

AL_Eclipse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I updated the map again but i dont know the exact changes i made but i fixed some serious bugs with the shaman and it is no longer possible to select a light melee twice so i recommend that you download this version.

In the next version i will finish the rest of the hero tooltips and remove/edit the last spells with terrain deformation which cause lags in the map.

I still dont have a solution for these stupid creeps who are attacking even when they dont see you and i really dont know what i have to change to remove that -.-

Edit: btw i added some of the counter items to the sideshop so that it is easier to counter some strong abilities like the experience drain.

9. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map.I am big fan of dota^^

10. BlackKnightTGS

BlackKnightTGS

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice map, the terrain and the camera were awesome :smile: But, the War Statues the Iron Golem spawns, if you select multiple of them, they have a green box as an icon and "Brutish orc warrior. Can learn Berserker Strength. Attacks land units." as a description. Please fix that. Anyway, 4/5 :D

11. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm, lets see then, lol, LOL is quite lol, lol, look at all the lols you can get by a map shorted to; LOL

12. adi1axel

adi1axel

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow awsome design from what i see in screenshots :D gona tri it now and ill post whar i think about it

13. 091846

Resources:
    Resources:
    fun but some skills like bones 1st skill can cause lagging , next version ,you better get it fixed

14. AL_Eclipse

AL_Eclipse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah i know all abilities with terrain deformation can cause laggs so i have to replace them with another dummy ability with the same damage effect

thought i fixed all of them so thanks for pointing it out i will release the next version when i fixed the last lagging or bugging abilities which are:

"Meteor Storm" from the Lavamaster
    "Charged Arrow" from the Boneranger
    "Ice Block" from the Frostbat

15. 091846

Resources:
    Resources:
    np , the truth is not only those 3 heroes skill have bug others have it too , i forget who is it , it is not bone ranger ,lava master ,or forst bat , other heroes on team 1 actually ,also in team 1 bird bird ( fire bird ) 0 skill innate skill spell wrongly
    it is + stat per lv and ms too and decrease str . not make items or create items out of nothing

maybe in the next version , you can add one or two heroes
    cat demon (a girl with 2 cat ears holding a sword)melee
    1 skill clear slash
    the cat stop for 1 sec and run 400/500/600/650/700 range and slash 400/450/500/525/550 range and do ????? dmg ? = i dont know how much dmg to make it balanced
    2nd skill cat agi (passive ) + evade and ms by 3/5/7/9/11%
    3rd skill full swing the cat use her sword to slash due to it is full swing,it is harder to attack
    20/40/60/80/100/% splash ,70/65/55/45/40 % attack speed decrease + dmg 10/20/30/35/40 %
    blood thirst cat is a demon but if it lick blood ,it will go mad about it
    every hero about cat is killed + 1 /2/3/4/5 str and agi

16. 091846

Resources:
    Resources:
    the main point (1) fixed all the skill bugs in team 1 ,if you see bugs in team 2 please fixed
    too
    (2 ) change the skill description on fire bird (bird bird )
    (3 ) add more heroes if you are free
    (4 ) add more items also if you are free
    (5 ) fixed the repick and swap players
    (6 ) fixed the ar i was playing when all the team ar , team 2 get one player which get a hero that is not in the list of tavern which is so
    imba(wolf ) ranger , remove the hidden hero or add the hidden hero into the tavern and balance it
    (7) fixed the gloves for ranger glove of seeker and team 1 str hero pirates , it dont have 20 % of finding 135 gold
    actually it have o % of finding 135 gold , it have 100% on finding 10 gold
    (8) medusa and firelord some skill dont have cooldown and mdusa stone skill in some point of the time can perma stone ppl force them to be struck
    that it for today, thank you for fixed the skill bug in team 2 i vote this map 5/5

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  17. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Another thing: The assassins heroes do not have a startup delay. You may want to fix it.

18. 091846

Resources:
    Resources:
    assassins heroes do not have a startup delay
    that is a point but they are assassin so i think they dont need a startup delay

19. aki15

aki15

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've found a bug in your map, with Shaman hero:
    When i turned into a wolf, and when i turned back to normal i lost all abilities... Only had the wolf one.
    And i think the death knights (undead arthas hero) ultimate is too strong, he summons skeletons with tons of health and damage, first level can destroy a tower.. :ugly:

20. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe i'm late but i just found out that many hero's skills already changed with make the land of legends look more awful.