• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knight.blp

[Minor fix]
* Changed preview for consistency.

[Major fixes]
* Axe has been shaped up, meaning it's less barbaric looking, and it also fits the pole more properly.
* I've gotten rid of the royal blue cloth, replacing it with something more neutral when it comes to the team-colour and it also looks more worn this way.
* Some polish here and there - I removed the swirls on his plate armour (on the back) as they were looking a bit silly, and the only reason they were there in the first place was for the spikes on the original.

This is Juggernaught the Teutonic Knight. Feedback highly appreciated!

You may modify this resource in any way you see fit. I appreciate link-backs, though.

KnightPreviewShot001.png

KnightPreviewShot002.png

KnightPreviewShot003.png

KnightPreviewShot004.png

Keywords:
knight, Teutonic, cross, felguard, warrior, axe, legionnaire, shiiK
Contents

The Knight (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
11:45, 8th Aug 2010 67chrome: Looks pretty sick. The only complaint I really have on this is the axe, the blade looks a little elongated and stretched. I'd recommend making the spot were the axe blade connects to the handle narrower. You should...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

11:45, 8th Aug 2010
67chrome: Looks pretty sick. The only complaint I really have on this is the axe, the blade looks a little elongated and stretched. I'd recommend making the spot were the axe blade connects to the handle narrower. You should alpha out the part of the axe blade nearest the hands/bottom of the axe if you stood it on it's end.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Thanks folks.

I like it quite a lot.

However, it doen't wrap well on the sides of his body. His armor and clothing don't match up and look weird. Don't know wether that's possible to fix, though.
I've put in some effort to try and wrap the legs smoothly, and of course, it is possible to do that to the rest of the skin as well, but it'll require a lot of patience considering it's not only two parts of the unwrap that are wrapped around at the same location (for instance the clothed arm is consisting of three or more parts that need to fit together and one of those parts is also used to fit together on the other, different arm) and some even cover more than one part of the model.

Now I will test this on the grunt
I would advice against it, seeing as that face was never intended to show properly. D:
Other parts of the Grunt.blp are also covered with black and/or unique parts for this skin - like the horn and weapon.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I know it shows, but it isn't shaded accordingly, nor have I spent any time making it look nice. The mouth of the Grunt is part of one of the alphaed fields and so is portions of his shins. Of course, it wouldn't take too much tweaking to make this fit with the Grunt, and it could also be made to fit with the Beastmaster.

The blue really ruins this. and as chrome had said, you should try a different method of shading for the axe. I would suggest a nice thin and almost sudden transition between the light (blade) and the dark (inside metal) parts of the axe, like you already have, but have it at a nicer and straighter edge. I think it would look a bit more sophisticated for a knight and it would make the skin look alltogether, quite a lot better.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The blue is there for variation, it got rather boring with grey armour and subtle hints of leather (the golden trims were added later). I'll see what I can do about the axe though.

Level 1
Ok, the model is looking awesome and all that, but I can't get it to work in my map...

I entered "units\demon\Felgaurd\Felgaurd" without the "" and I tried several spelling options since I thought that it might be wrong (felgAUrd) but it just won't work. It really sucks because I want that model in my map!

Status
Not open for further replies.