1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0

Submitted by Dinah
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I'm very happy to show all of you my Kindergarten TD!

For people who want to know something about this map before playing it, there's a small FAQ here:

Frequently Asked Questions
What did you change?

This TD bases on the old Wintermaul maps but there's nearly nothing i didn't change:
°All towers (123) and races (10) etc.
°I remade the terrain and did heavy changes to the landscape.
°All special levels (11) were made by me.
°All map specials (e.g. builder teleport) were made by me.
°I improved the unit pathing and added a stuck-teleport.
°I added an XP system based on save/load codes.

What do i have to do?

°The sense of the map is to defend the kinna treehouse from the adults who want to know all your 40 secrets (lives).
°It's your mission to choose one of 10 unique races and beat the adults that try to reach the treehouse.
°Save your amount of XP and enable many features for you to play!

Who helped you to create this map?

°Basically this map is made by me, Dinah.
°Ap0calypse helped me translating the map.
°Some people of this map forum (and some friends of mine) who helped me improving the map and finding bugs.

What makes this map unique and a must have?

°Better looking terrain (Green flower style).
°A bank (or better comic) system with variable interest.
°Many special rounds like Invulnerable or Healer.
°Fixed unit stuck.
°2 Languages (German/English).
°Sounds.
°Funny descriptions of every tower.
°An XP system.
°A Money Devide Mode (for better Teamplay).
°Many other features.

Is this map protected?

Yes this map is protected and can't be opened in WE.

What is the sense of the XP system?

The XP system should motivate skilled players to play Kindergarten TD multiple times to earn advanced revards offering new strategies.

Which features can be enabled with higher XP amounts?

°100 XP -> Pro Races
°200 XP -> Instant Builder-Teleport
°300 XP -> Random Tower
°400 XP -> Book of Capers
And much more!​

Changelog

Kiga now requires Warcraft 1.24 version.
Added new Game Mode "Perfection" (only 1 Secret; 125% XP).
Added new tower for Anime (Yu-Gi-Oh).
Added new upgrade for Electric Carusel (Murderous Carusel).
Added new tower for Gang (Assassin).
Added new tower for Library (Edward Cullen).
Added new XP tower to Cuddle Corner (Cuddle Den).
Added Waypoints to the positions of Red, Blue and Teal.
Added upgrade for Random Tower for 600 XP.
Added "-host x" command for Host to determine a new Host.
Added Random Race ability to the start kid (Choosing random race gives 15% extra startup gold).
Added "Adults Left" Bar to the multiboard.
Added new spell to "Book of Capers" (Emergency Landing; 1200 XP).
Rebalanced Bedwetting ability (Increased damage and AOE).
Rebalanced "Stuffed Mythological Creature's" anti air upgrade.
Replaced some tips.
Replaced loading screen image.
Reduced cooldown of "Catch" ability.
Removed Caster levels due to bugs (might be readded in future versions).
Improved "Move your ass"-Ability.
Improved unit pathing.
Fixed bug making the game stuck when Host leaves before Game options are choosen.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from slowing mechanically levels.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from Cyclone Bonus rounds.
Fixed "Stuffed Alpine Bear"-Upgrade and "Detective Conan" from not slowing as shown in tooltip.
Fixed rare bug showing up the wrong level in defeat dialog.
Fixed "-nameall" command.
Fixed wrong sell values on upgraded towers.
Fixed some memory leaks.
It's not possible to attack adults at greys spawn from yellow position anymore.
Sell ability now also can sell car workshop items.
"-sell"-command now will sell items, too.
When amount of adults is below 10% the remaining mobs will be marked on the minimap.
Bonus Rounds now have a 10% chance to spawn as red ones additionally offering an extra secret.
Library Autocast can now be set to "only Bonus".
Minor Changes.
Minor Bugfixes.​

Please report bugs\etc. to me.

- Dinah -

Keywords:
td, tower defense, defense, maul, Kindergarten, tower, wintermaul, maul, Dinah, Kiga
Contents

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:22, 14th June 2009, by Rui(#101): A tower defense translated in two languages. There is little else to distinguish it from other maps of the same type. Approved with a 2,5 out of 5 rating, 3 (Useful) approximately.
  1. D4Funk

D4Funk

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey, i have a question. my brother and me are playing Kiga TD very often...now we heard that after the 30 rounds 3 bonusrounds can be played...we played the map in normal difficult and we lost no secrets...but there were no bonusrounds
    do we have to play in hard mode for the bonusrounds?

keep up the good work..this map rulz!

2. TheLastMohican

TheLastMohican

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any Luck debugging the map?

Hi, I've noticed this map crashes an awful lot. Any hopes that this might fix? Could it be from the protection program you use? Maybe use another?

Are you willing to take ideas for the upcoming version :) :) I wish to offer some.

I dislike gamershed. could you make a new upgrade? faster speed by40%? maybe name it overclocking . but not too exensive :(

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  3. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey
    the Bonus Rounds were removed in 2.9 because they were neither funny, interesting nor had any difficulty so I descided to do so. There is still a tooltip in 2.9 that says kiga contains these Bonus Rounds which ich simply wrong; already fixed in next version ;)

4. Lobis

Lobis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sandbox and unterwasser station has deutch description in english game and I saw more towers but I dont remember them. Lego knight costs 17 but you can sell it for 75.

5. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sandbox was english when I tested it! Fixed the other issues.

6. anteatereater

anteatereater

Resources:
    Resources:
    a few comments on v3.0:
    • the pinging @ 10% mobs left: this is both annoying and does not seem to work consistently (doesnt work some rounds). also, the last 10% of mobs are usually in one person's area so the pinging is very condensed=eyesore. if the concept behind it is to help reveal stuck mobs, then 5% remaining is okay
    • mobs from red and teal do not path properly towards orange and purple. instead, they walk towards yellow and get stuck in the waterway (no players in my game were blocking). we temporarily solved this by sticking a tower near the mobs to lure them away--it worked as they teleported right away to green/pink. however, they would destroy the luring tower or even ALL towers in oj/purple's area. very inconvenient. this may be related to the addition of the new waypoints at the top.

things i like:
    • random tower upgrade - 300g
    • red bonuses - +1 life
    • fewer crashes
    • 'adults left' counter on scoreboard

overall, once you can fix all the memory leaks, it might be possible to beat the game with more than 3 players. dropping players is what makes round 27 and 28 so hard--we're just fighting against crashes xD keep up the good work though, there's a noticeable difference in how often/many crashes happen now :)

7. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey thanks for your feedback C=

Hmm, your right concerning my concept i'll think about it ;)

I know about this bug and I'm working on the upcoming version to fix that. ;)

Yeah thanks. I'm happy that the new version is so much better :)
    I try to continue this development :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  8. TheLastMohican

TheLastMohican

Resources:
    Resources:
    Buggy still - lego knight exploit sells for 75/100 gold- turns out you just got the sell values backwards for officer and knight. officer sells for 12 lol
    . and creeps often get stuck between red/orange and teal/purp. I'll assume you input the wrong way point past the top players spot and thus you have no pathing towards yellow; naturally, they will get stuck.
    - Random 600 was good idea. although I think you should just have the original randoms just upgrade into that final "random ii" tower. I think that would better serve because 75 gold is fine to waste on random towers but 300 is a bit much for something you may not want at all.

( I figured you'd say that but I mentioned it anyway )

I'm still playing; hoping you made some changes to the gamer shed.

( an additional upgrade for 40% more attackspeed. the immolation is cool but not as effective even in a well designed maze to bunch, maybe a large aoe or dps would make it much more effective. the cheater with fire only does 228 damage at the same cost of the tower - kinda pricey for the low dps. another idea was just making it a splash upgrade instead of immolation. multi shot I think you should add an additonal attack to make it 4. the rest seems fine to me unless you want to add/change the ice upgrade to a slow aura/freeze instead of single shot slow that proves not so useful. just some ideas of mine. )

Host designation seems to work even worse than last version. over all a good update .
    i'll assume the last spell is 1200 xp idk i'm well over it but looked pretty cool though tornado still is your best on massive leaks of air--Unless the aoe on that air net spell was enormous then it might prove more effective than tornado.

( lower cool down it may be but still not as effective for a massive leak on gray :p again a bigger aoe would prove it to be better. as of now I'd still save up for tornado for any air level - very useful :D)

I think the damage aura upgrade doesn't upgrade the radius like it says. In fact I know it doesn't. Maxed upgrade is still 300 radius after adding "300" suposedly.
    Does random race choice option include unlocked races?

Another caper idea. *L* "bouncing on the bed" Annoy the adults to the extent that they race up the stairs to stop you. the spell would relocate targeted adults in aoe to their spawn point.

So... what does sprint do? i don't know if my assumption of speeding up creeps is a good thing . heh

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  9. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This was already mentioned few posts before ;)
    However, thanks ;)

The second random tower should be random, too in order to fit the random tower concept. There need to be a risk when choosing a random tower but it is stronger than comparable towers of the same price. 300 Gold is not that much in later game and thats what the tower is designed for.

Some suggestions?

Wich kind o Host designation are you talking about?
    The command wich I added in this version?

It's important to say the Host in a Kiga game doesn't depend on the actual person that hosts the game! The main reason for this is that there is no save way to detect the game host ingame.

Yeah you forgot about the lower Cooldown of the new spell compared to the tornado ;)

I will have a look at it ;)

It includes all races you would normaly be able to choose from.

Hmm good idea ;)

Unfortunately I got problems with my PC that prevent me from working on kiga at the moment but they should be solved soon.

3.0b Changelog so far
    Added new spell for Book of Capers (Sprint; 1400 XP).
    Increased the maximum movement speed (from 400 to 500).
    Increased movement speed of lvl 7 and 8 a bit.
    Fixed wrong amount of buildable Mopeds when Car Workshop Race is randomed.
    Mopeds are now able to sell items.
    Minor Changes.
    Minor Bugfixes.

Dinah

10. anteatereater

anteatereater

Resources:
    Resources:
    I may have to rescind my previous comment about how the map has improved its reputation for crashes. My initial impression was from playing multiple games without crashing MYSELF, however, I could not say the same for other players. It was only after playing a few more games that I became the victim (I mostly played as grey).

I recommend rebuilding the code from the ground up. It's a lot of work, though I've seen it vastly improve other maps. Monopoly TD mapmakers recently rebuilt their game code in full for version 1.1. That map had no problems to begin with, but after the fix, it seems much faster in the loadup screen and much faster between rounds as well. It has become not only more efficient in game, but the filesize has been reduced as well, helping to distribute the map more easily.

Maul structured maps have a history of crashing/splitting and it's a pity that a well made map like Kiga does too--so perhaps reworking everything away from that origin may solve everything.

11. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess it's clear to you how much code Kiga consists of!
    Additionally rewriting all the code does not mean that it will be much better afterwards. I don't think that the crashes have their roots in the maul code Kiga bases on because actually I had replaced or deleted these old codes. Nevertheless, I'm sure there are some inefficient triggers and leaks. In my opinion the best way would be to detect those triggers and optimize them instead of rewriting everything.
    The filesize of Kiga increased, yes. This is mainly because of the custom loading screen and some UI changes. Of course it is disputable if that is realy needed. At the momment the filesize is nothing we really have to worry about, I think.
    Due to so many people asking me to remove these fatal crashes I descided to have a close look at every trigger to optimize them. This is one of my main aims for 3.1. Firstly I gonna release 3.0b soon in order to fix the very annoying bug at orange and purple's position.

12. TheLastMohican

TheLastMohican

Resources:
    Resources:

I'd also like to recommend fixing the point value of the Lego knight and the Lego Officer. It's and exploit every Lego player at some point during the game takes advantage of. I also want to offer some more fixes

- I am not certain but take a look to see if yu-gi-ho tower slows mechanicals.
    - Pirate ship on the playground. I think a 50 gold price reduction is in order to pair up with other ultimate DPS . ALSO - pls remove the burning oil affect on the mechanicals - they are suppose to be immune to fire and slow and all magics.

- I still believe gamer shed needs a lower cost for upgrades. I know your debate against it, however, the ability gained doesn't warrant the high cost.

- I am glad you installed the assasin tower on gang. I was wondering if you'd add another upgrade/tower to it. I have enjoyed a movie series: the Bourne trilogy. In those movies the hitmen are called Assets. Perhapes you could include such a tower in the game. The assest could either be a sniper type tower with a 1% chance to 1000k additional damage or it could be a upgrade to the melee tower for an extensive speed upgrade on the attack emulating the Asset's fighting ability- or it could be a melee tower/140 range and not an upgrade.

- I agree the game still crashes - BUT i crash less. 3 people typically endure the game. but I am sure some leave on their own.. I am in full support of this game as I look for fixes to send to you.

13. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah in upcoming version, just very busy at the moment because of school ;)

Hmm is doesn't slow them exactly as it should.

Ah fixed the oil effect on mechanicals. Immunity to magics is not correct since Car Workshop and Library race are based on magical damage.

I still don't see a real reason for this. Let me explain:

The grafic cards upgrade gives you a 5x 20% Critical wich effectively is equal to 100% damage increase. Now you have the option to build 2 towers or upgrade one of them. The damage of both towers would be the same BUT upgrading it only needs 83% of the Gold you would have to afford for a second tower.

The New Memory upgrade gives 3x multiple attack, same as 200% damage increase (ok eg. in bosslevels it's not that effective). Now you have to pay 141% of the towers price for this upgrade. Again in comparison to build 3 towers you save 29.5% of the money.

Still think the upgrades don't worth their price?

Yes good idea it was planned that the tower gets an upgrade but till now I left it out. My translator doesn't give me a translation of 'Assets' that has any association with hitmen :D
    Need a good name and a model (only ingame) for that tower.

Very good :)
    As I said: Tryin' to improve that.

Dinah

14. webola

webola

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bugs playing with Library ?

Hi

Great work on this TD, one of the best ones out there for sure!

But I got a question - may be a bug?
    Playing with the Library, where it states it requires manual casting, and they're default on Auto Cast: On (don't know what's right here?), they autocast fine for a while. But after like 20 levels, they stop autocasting, leaving me having to click the towers, click spell, and then click a mob. Autocasting works up to around lvl20 - gonna try some more to see exactly where it stops.

Is this known?

15. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for positive feedback :)
    Don't know about the bug you mentioned. Firstly let me explain why the Library description says it needs manual casting. Every Library tower has Auto cast enabled in the beginning and it will properly cast any spell but sometimes (especially with Gandalf) you can hit more adults when casting manually. Please try to reproduce that bug an send me replay and the map file if possible.

~Dinah

16. TheLastMohican

TheLastMohican

Resources:
    Resources:
    gamer shed

good :)

17. Ks_Shamanking

Ks_Shamanking

Resources:
    Resources:
    To bad that u didn`t fix the lego knight exploit before u quit working on the map :(

18. schwuebitek

schwuebitek

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe a bug with car workshop and library

Hi
    I don't know if these two bugs have already been mentioned, because i didn't read the whole thread.

The first thing are the non casting towers of the library, webola already complained about. I don't know since which lvl they stop to autocast, because i only have chosen the library as second race. I tested it two times and my friend also said, that they dont cast automaticly regardless of which tower and which casting option you chose.

The second bug is about the car workshop. I had it two times until now but I don't know how it is beeing activated so far. The explanation of it is really simple. If i buy a item at the workshop it doesen't come to my child but to one of my towers. If this happens, the items come to this tower until the end of the game. if the tower is full, i can't buy more items until i free a slot on it. So, it is really annoying if you want to buy and allocate weapons fast.

I dont't know much more about these bugs (if they really are bugs), but i will post again, if i have more information.

however, kindergarten is one of my favorite maps. thx for developing it ;-)

//EDIT
    Sry sry... the second one i mentioned isn't really a bug. I was just to stupid to realize the Switch-Button of the workshop with wich you cam aim your child again as receiver of the items. Every time you sell an item directly from a mopped(or bigger tower), this moppet becomes the receiver of the item shop. Maybe you could improve this so that you child stays to be the receiver.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  19. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, I didn't quit working on the map but I'm very busy and it's just not 1st priority atm.

20. Ks_Shamanking

Ks_Shamanking

Resources:
    Resources:
    to bad coz is an amazing map i really love it :p

Last edited: May 8, 2010