• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Just_Spectating's Item Carry System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have updated my other post however it was closed, and since the trigger was still a bit inefficient, i wanted to change it.

therefore i did.

Now this system contains only 2 triggers, and allows for

1 two handed weapon
2 one handed weapons
1 shield + 1 one handed weapon
2 shields

but you cannot do

2 two handed weapons
1 shield + 1 two handed weapon

which makes perfect sense.

These are the triggers

Trigger 1:
  • One Class
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Permanent ---> weapons --------
      • -------- Artifact ---> Helmets --------
      • -------- Purchaseable ---> Armor --------
      • -------- Campaign ---> Shield --------
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • ((Hero manipulating item) has (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to True
                  • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                  • (Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-class of (Item being manipulated))
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                    • Conditions
                      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent
                      • (Item level of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: |cffff0000You alrea...
                  • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                        • Conditions
                          • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Artifact
                          • (Item level of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 0
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: |cffff0000You alrea...
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                            • Conditions
                              • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable
                              • (Item level of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 0
                        • Then - Actions
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Campaign
                              • (Item level of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 2
                            • Then - Actions
                            • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Trigger 2:
  • Onehanded Weapons
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent
                  • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Campaign
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                    • Conditions
                      • ((Hero manipulating item) has (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to True
                      • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                      • ((Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent) or ((Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Campaign)
                • Then - Actions
                  • For each (Integer B) from 1 to (Number of items carried by (Hero manipulating item)), do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 1, do (Actions)
                        • Loop - Actions
                          • For each (Integer B) from 2 to 2, do (Actions)
                            • Loop - Actions
                              • For each (Integer C) from 3 to 3, do (Actions)
                                • Loop - Actions
                                  • For each (Integer D) from 4 to 4, do (Actions)
                                    • Loop - Actions
                                      • For each (Integer E) from 5 to 5, do (Actions)
                                        • Loop - Actions
                                          • For each (Integer F) from 6 to 6, do (Actions)
                                            • Loop - Actions
                                                • If - Conditions
                                                    • Conditions
                                                      • (Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer B))) Equal to Permanent
                                                      • (Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer B))) Equal to Campaign
                                                    • Conditions
                                                      • (((((Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot A)) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot B))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot C))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero ma Equal to 3
                                                      • (((((Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot A)) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot B))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot C))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero ma Equal to 4
                                                      • (((((Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot A)) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot B))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot C))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero ma Equal to 5
                                                      • (((((Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot A)) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot B))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot C))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero ma Equal to 7
                                                      • (((((Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot A)) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot B))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot C))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero ma Equal to 9
                                                • Then - Actions
                                                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: |cffff0000Your Hand...
                                                • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

All You must do is set your items according to the table

Permanent: weapons
Artifact: helmets
Purchaseable: armor
Campaign: shields

and set item levels accordingly.

1 handed weapons: level 1
2 handed weapons: level 2
Shields: level 1
Armor: level 0
Helmets: level 0

I hope you find this useful
See the old system here

Attachments

• Just_Spectating's Item Carry System.w3x
    21.1 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:
Level 3
i'm curious on if this would work better with mine, becuase currently what i'm using is listing ALL the items, so get back to me and if it would be i'll use this

yes, effectively its a more advanced version of what i gave you, only problem is that this one will not force items to be in specific slots, as u requested. However you don't have to list all the items with the version i gave you either, just set the item classifications (permanent, artifact, etc) to correspond with the item slots as set up in the comments on the map i attached in your other thread

HMC

HMC

Level 1
hey... ders sumtin rong... why isit dat he can hold 2 shields at one time...

HMC

HMC

Level 1

can u post one which does NOT allow 2 shields or 2 one-handed weapons ?
plz n ty
:spell_breaker:great trigger btw:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
Nice, very similar to what I use in my RP map... But I don't have support for two-handed weapons since I base drops based on item-level instead of 1/2 handedness. I'll be using another method to prevent using multiple two-handers and what not, but otherwise it is good. Might I suggest adding a system for stacking items of category "Charged"? It makes the game much more efficient, is very simple, and only take one trigger.

Level 19
Um, classification is a bad way to do.. um... classification.

I suggest using item health.

Level 9
Why do you use Item-Classes? Why not use Item-Levels alone? You can enter (any) integer value as Item's level if you hold 'shift' while clicking. No need to waste the unique Classifications and someone might already be using those, so implementing would be more difficult.

Why do you use Item-Classes? Why not use Item-Levels alone? You can enter (any) integer value as Item's level if you hold 'shift' while clicking. No need to waste the unique Classifications and someone might already be using those, so implementing would be more difficult.

read his post above...

Level 2
Well, excelent work but i have 2 questions =D

How i do this trigger?
(Item level of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 2

??

And.. this trigger finish like that?
(((((Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot A)) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot B))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot C))) + (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero ma Equal to 3

How i can put that "+" ???

Thx

Sry, now i see the attached files =D
i have thought that link was for the old system

Level 5
hey... ders sumtin rong... why isit dat he can hold 2 shields at one time...

someone sugested that it would be cool to have 2 shields
and bash opponents with them (u know like bashing Diablo style)

it sounds silly at first:vw_unimpressed:
but...
i must say that it's kind of cool
when you think about it :goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.