• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just an art thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Signature.png

Introduction:

I decided to post here all my drawings, to share them with you, to discuss about them and to receive feedback. That's an important thing that would help me to improve my drawing skill. And also it would be interesting for you to watch something new.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Feel free to comment, give ideas, suggestions, as criticism is also welcome.

Armor7.jpg ArmorNew4.jpg BattleMage3.jpg DeathConcept4.jpg Diablo2Griswald.jpg DwarfKingShowcase.jpg DwarfKingAvatar.jpg DwarfWarrior5.jpg Face2.jpg Just_a_Mage1.jpg KnightInquisitor2.jpg Mage3.jpg UtherTheLightbringer1.jpg MyBookIlustration.jpg Winnetou.jpg WiPArmor3.jpgEaster Island.jpg D2KurastDockyard1.jpg

War3 Wips:

Icons

BTNKnightWiP4.jpg BTNStaff2.jpg

Skins

TC#28 - Entry: Swamp Seeker

SwampSeeker.png

Last edited:
Level 10
Great start into the digital art! I'd love to see more from you! :D don't be affraid to jump into shading and draw more enviroments as well!

Thank you very much, Mr.Goblin! Frankly said, I have not posted all of my drawings as many of them are unworthy wips. And I'm very impressed of your works, it's such pleasure to see them, as your protoss on home page. :D

Level 10
Well, really nice start! I like them. How are your paintings in real life? I mean not digital. And are these drawn with mouse?

Well what I can say about my non-digital paintings, these aren't quite good. ) Some of digital works are drawn with mouse and some with tablet. Now, I only do paintings with tablet. But unfortunately, I'm busy almost every day with studies and I think that I evolve slowly and I have practically no time to draw with pencil.

So, look at this, it's edited in PS and it's not clearly seen what I did, the original I have lost:
BattleMagePencilEdit.jpg

Level 10
I had the idea to recreate icons, for almost war3 units, because some of them aren't good and when there are more versions, it's easier to create something interesting using my icons also. ) Warcraft needs a refreshing look and it's time to bring, slowly, but with certain, the mentioned change.

I present to you the remade (WIPs) of Knight Icon:
BTNKnightWiP.jpg>BTNKnightWiP1.jpg>BTNKnightWiP2.jpg>BTNKnightWiP3.jpg

BTNKnight.jpg>BTNKnight2.jpg

And feel free to comment, to criticize as it would be helpful for me to improve the future icon and bring it in icon section.

And finally: Happy New Year! :D

Last edited:
Level 10
That's some imposing moustache. There's not much to comment early on, until you do the shading and colouring. Just do as Mr. Goblin said: draw a lot and get out of your comfort zone!

Ok, I understand. I'll keep working and I'll post more WIPs to show, and to receive after that, feedback. I had the intention to post this WIP later, but I did it just to revive the activity in the thread. Thank you, Naze!

Level 10
Looks like some sort of a belt (or maybe horn/thorn (or head of a staff?)). Is that also a remade of a WC3 icon?

I have realized that looks more like a distinct head of a staff. And no, it's an original creation. (Beside the remaking of some? Wc3 icons, I'll create what I'll have on my mind.)

What can you say more about it (and not only) @PrinceYaser ? I observed that you're interested in it. )

Level 10
I was bored and had no idea what to create, beside the Kurast Dockyard. It will take sometime to finish, but of course, I'll continue to work on it, later.

Looks like a new icon BTNSpellBreakerEdit.jpg, very similar to the reference, but it's an edited version of BTNSpellBreakerRef.JPG. Thought that the Spell Breaker needs a new icon [It's an experiment, but I'll will create from scratch a new one, as isn't good to use someone's work and present as yours.]

I have the following question: should I upload it to icon section [in this way I'll credit Blizzard] and/or just in the Hive's Simple Resources thread?

Level 10
Perhap can let the "eyes" (it really look like eyes btw) follow the edge of helmet. I think moustache are too thick, and side bread can be slightly longer so that it connect to the front one. (just my opinion) View attachment 292607

I understand your point, I'll try to do changes about these things.

Beside my Dwarf Warrior, I think I'll work on something else... So, stay tuned, more WIPs are to be presented for you and/or posted in the icon and/or skin sections. )

EDIT:

DwarfWarrior10.jpg >DwarfWarriorFace2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Since I posted something here, passed some period of time. )

Here's a WIP of an icon.

BTNHuman.png
>
BTNHuman64x64.png

EDIT: +

BTNHuman1.png
>
BTNHuman1_64x64.png

I really don't like how this turns out and I'll do it again.

Thoughts? (This is icon for VillagerMan, but when it would be finished, I could edit it and make some variations for the sake of being used in a project and just to contribute to icon section)

Last edited:
Well, the hairs are not really making much sense in my eyes. I know they might be related to the Villager, but indeed the hairs could have been worked better. Something like this or a better short hair:

btnhuman-png.300410

And yes, the shading you have done looks really rough and there is too much white color making it look like metal without a good and mixed color transition that is a vital needing for a face. Try to play around with smudge tool, put some dark shadows and smudge from bright to dark or vice versa to reach a soft and good looking shading (Tho this is an icon and does not need too much blending as it will be resized imo, but still it's too rough in this case). Or just use a 50% opacity brush referencing this technique (by Mad):

kLrnXOr.gif

Waiting for a nice result and a great icon! :)

Last edited:
Level 10
Well, the hairs are not really making much sense in my eyes. I know they might be related to the Villager, but indeed the hairs could have been worked better. Something like this or a better short hair:

btnhuman-png.300410

And yes, the shading you have done looks really rough and there is too much white color making it look like metal without a good and mixed color transition that is a vital needing for a face. Try to play around with smudge tool, put some dark shadows and smudge from bright to dark or vice versa to reach a soft and good looking shading (Tho this is an icon and does not need too much blending as it will be resized imo, but still it's too rough in this case). Or just use a 50% opacity brush referencing this technique (by Mad):

kLrnXOr.gif

Waiting for a nice result and a great icon! :)

Thank you very much for your reply. I have to say that these are really early WIPs [these were just for comparison with the original icon ;)] and of course it isn't visible a transition between black and white, as it was planned to do this thing. )

Unfortunatelly I was quite uninspired to continue and I deleted it.

Maybe after the Icon Contest, I could make something interesting, time will show. :)

Level 10
It has been a while since there I posted something. Well, I can say that I have drawn something during months and it's time to revive the thread and to be sometimes active on hive. )

KnightCopy.png I tried to create a copy of that knight, but I can say that I did his fatty version. So, that's him after some years of service. ))

Mage2.png Mage2_2.png Remake of the flying mage.

PracticeArt.png PracticeDrawing.png Some quick sketches.

RessYonstShowcase.png He got a bandit face, tricky and sneaky guy, that waits to be finished. Ress Yonst.

RomanGaul1.png Found a book and tried to imitate the drawing of a character. Probably, this old man represents a roman citizen from conquered gaulish territories.

Level 10
Maybe some of you, that like to watch art threads, have the chance to see, after a year something from me. ))

Really nothing special. These are some WIPs that I enjoyed to made. It can be clearly seen, that my drawing skill isn't developing as I'd wanted, but maybe that's because of lack of time to being dedicated to this activity. I'm glad posting WIPs, from time to time, here and maybe, in a not very distant future, I'll do something about this, but, who knows?

BattleMageRecreation1.png Battlemage Recreation WIP

DarkSoulsFirelinkShrine.png Dark Souls - Firelink Shrine WIP

DarkSoulsHavelTheRock.png Dark Souls - Havel the Rock WIP

HighInquisitorKnost.png High Inquisitor Knost - WIP

Raiden.png > Raiden5.png Mortal Kombat: Raiden - WIP
This is based on a image found in Google. I've messed up making this imitation, but at least, I'm satisfied that I made Raiden.

Scorpion.png Mortal Kombat: Scorpion - Very early WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.