1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. co_oki

co_oki

Resources:
    Resources:
    can you reduce price of totem locator?? to maybe 5 gold, and maybe increase mana reg of totem, and % for lighting to strike totem giving it 100+ energy when raining.

just trying to make fighting more fun late game :D, make it easy to find people and revive when attacking goes wrong

2. ABM

ABM

Resources:
    Resources:
    well all balancing issue go through Gadina... :)
    as myself i keep to the code issue or core gameplay.

but there is a visibility vote in voodoo merchant wich enable to give vision of all map, i think.

3. Viei

Viei

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can only speak for myself, but the more I play test versions (27 so far) the more I get discouraged, though still haven't figure all new features.
    Ofc, visuals improve and its good side of improvements (new meat and meat stacking, bushes, axes etc) - its undeniable, but for example, new death mode (implemented in test19) is my favorite personal dislike and further treating totem as ultra special item worries as well.
    Imo, the only special things are troll and its soul. The rest, including troll equipment, is secondary. Setting a "wooden stick with voodoo shtick" as a requirement for troll existence is ridiculous. Perfect exaple is dropping only totem kit (instead of all equipment) when being caught by carnivorous plant.

Too bad there won't be 5.4a visuals+bugfixes version :( You've already made a mistake of putting too many updates to test versions. In terms of gameplay, moving from plain 5.4 to 5.5 would be groundbreaking already.

4. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    co_oki, totem already has good enough regeneration and considering that trolls remains restore app. 50% of totem's mana, it is easy enough already.
    Totems and trolls are already easy enough to find in late game, you don't need a reduced price of Soul Map (if this is what you mean).

Viei, I fully understand your concern about the totem victory condition, but the game needs a purpose. I presume you are playing in Single Player, but we must give some more competition to the Multiplayer games - and competition means some clear goal. Since killing all enemy trolls might be a long or even impossible task, we have to give players some other target.
    Of course, we could choose another approach and make it point count game, but it wouldn't keep the spirit.
    Still we have some plans for version 5.6 which should suit all players - two general game modes to be chosen:
    - Tribe War, where tribes start with all basic buildings and Totem at fixed locations, with goal to be the last tribe with Totem, and
    - Survival in the Jungle, where tribes start with only starting item and without totem, with goal every troll to survive the longer possible.
    But as I said, this is in the future.
    Just now I'd be more than happy if we release 5.5 as it is. The problem is we had to spend a lot of time in fixing recently created bugs. If you think we like that job, you are completely wrong. But we don't want to upload a non-working or exploitable version.
    Still, we hope we'll soon be ready with a final 5.5.

Btw, there is test 28, which should be bug clean for Single Player. And for Multiplayer... test will show.

5. co_oki

co_oki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Btw new idea, instead of you auto dying if totem die, why not just reveal all ur buildings and players on map if totem dies?

btw make the choice y/n spirit non-attakable,

i still think hunter and especially shaman pets are too op and there should be limit to them, especially now that shamy can get zombies at start of game thx to them able to make parchment, with little effort. a guy once killed me 14min in game with aligator and bear zombie, less than 14 min in game, didn't even have buildings, just totem, and more he killed more zombies he made, i say the least u could do is, decrease amount of scriptures at least per parch. also zombies creates competition for leathers for team mates. a limit to how many u can have WOULD BE NICE.

i once got 8 zombie bears, started with 2 but just revived every 1 that i killed on way to enemy, by time i got there had 8. just saying

*is it possible to make plant only eat you only if u attack it? or if you stay near it for long like (2 sec or 1.5 (u could just increase cast time of devour)). (good for especially when u solo, or have no team mates), also its annoying just to running around map and all of sudden u get trapped.

for tutorial, pressing esc stops the dialogue was wondering if u can remove that. newbies just keep spamming esc

also instead of action mode, just replace it with plenty mode (mass item spwn) instead of shop

6. ABM

ABM

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi Co_oki

for now hard to tell about shaman revival (maybe there will be a nerf to number of scripture from parchment...

in the new version 5.6 (months later from now)
    there will be a Voodoo gauge for shaman, like the hunter and the Control gauge (hunter crafting mana) to get pet and tame beast...
    so shaman won't be able to revive ton's of beast at game start...also the revival ritual will be performed on dead beast insted of use piece of skins,bones and meats.
    there will be many change, in gameplay and game mechanics.

as for now, we are mainly trying hard to remove all possible bugs, to finally call a final 5.5
    only then we will be able to start anew to work on 5.6 (wich might take long time to achieve)
    maybe we will redo completly the terrain, depends on how gadina's feeling.
    but we will definitly try to make things more fun more balanced and more random.
    with ton's of achievements and skill bonus acquired with level up. new bosses and rare beast to hunt.

personally i play solo :)
    so i would enjoy a lot developing much more the survival solo part.
    but even so i have many ideas for the team class balance and change...
    i really hope we can finally finish with the 5.5 ^^

7. co_oki

co_oki

Resources:
    Resources:
    how about plant idea?

btw can you change axes so instead of dissembling axe to upgrade it, all u need is the extra item, like shield

e.g if u wana make bronze axe u just need stone axe and bronze bar
    to make iron bronze axe and iron bar, so we dont have to dissemble to make better axes

same can be said for shaman spells, if u could make books through C (crafting) would be nice, so u dont have
    to put things in hut 1 by 1. (also for anything else out there like that)

make -hints for noobs, just to teach how to play their class

and remove the Esc button skipping dialogue during tutorial.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  8. Lhama

Lhama

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even though the last version of this map seems to be a bit old I have just discovered it some days ago and it called my attention.

I've already seen some survival maps before but this one truly deserves congratulations. It gives plenty of freedom and options for the players which increases the replayability and makes it more chalanging. I particularly loved the tunning and finishing of the map, all the little things like the progress bars and the text messages that made me laugh a lot. Good work on that XD

However i could notice through some playing that the map has a considerable memory leak. The first time i noticed it was around night 10, the game suddently crashed for all players and an exception of no more available memory poped. In the second time the game leasted for almost five hours and this time i kept an eye on the allocated memory. It increased slowly but steady until the game started lagging and one of the players finally crashed. There must be a forgotten loop somewhere where the memory is not being correctly freed and this may be the source of the lagg people are complaining about. The map shouldnt lagg just by having many objects instantiated and imported resources so that i would highly encourage the use of some new models and icons to increase even more the looking of the game.

Besides a healthy memory leak that spoils gameplay after some time, this is a very funny and cool map and deserves to be played alot XD

9. co_oki

co_oki

Resources:
    Resources:
    so is test 28 final ver?, release it as 5.5 if its stable

10. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you, co_oki, we also discuss such things, but they could happen in later versions. First, as you say, we need to release 5.5.
    A.Dominion did some really good improvements to fix some common bugs. He invented a genius workaround for some of them and improved simple and nice the item equip system. The game should use less resources now. We plan to release these changes as test 29 and if lucky, test 30 will be 5.5 final :)

Lhama, I'm happy you like it. We should definitely start making this game more popular, especially when we'll have the new version. It is a HUGE update to everything you've seen in 5.4, tweaking and improving both gameplay, balance and game code.
    You should see the man-eating plants and hear the words that players tend to speak when they get caught by some of them XD

11. GONZALORD

GONZALORD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did i hear new UPDATE!? :vw_wtf:
    Me cant wait 2 see that! Im Playing JTR With others on Garena i always host your map Gadina If you make an Update it will be the first Topic 2 Talk about on my forum.

I really enjoy your Work on this game and my friendz 2 also people i dont even know that loves 2 play it in my server!
    Hope you Release soon we cant wait 2 see whats coming next :vw_love:

12. The Noobest

The Noobest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh and by the way, if you make a UPDATE can you do the following:
    -Map is now larger than before
    -More building to build
    -More Character to choose
    -More Animals
    -More resources
    -More units to make
    -More weapons to use
    And resource are now list in INFO (with details which where you can get some) by that no one would ever ask where to find it. (sorry for English speaking, I'm not pretty good at it that why I got "F")

13. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.5 final is FINALLY released.

After one year of hard work:
    - the code was improved and great new content was added by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta;
    - the game is looking much better with the weapon and armor models implemented by ElloElloEllo;
    - it is more beautiful with the great new loading screen by Cindy Nyan;
    - some more visual and gameplay improvements have been made to make the game easier to play and understand;
    - it is being constantly hosted by Jimmehdean in Garena -
    Europe RPG Rooms, so it is now easier to find other players;
    - it has new site domain: www.jungletrolls.org

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  14. GONZALORD

GONZALORD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool! Gonzalord Aproves!
    This day is the day that JTR Become Even Moar Epic! in Wacraft History.
    Cant stop reading the changelog! xD
    Already Hosting your new version on my garena now, Me and my Community say thanks to all the JTR Debeloupers. :vw_love:
    :goblin_good_job: x 131

15. BandolXD

BandolXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Add screetshots men ! So the people know what they downloading. xD

16. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
    Created by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Map Info:

You must survive,
    gather resources,
    build your village and
    protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
    The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
    The silent and insidious HUNTER,
    The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
    The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
    dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
    The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
    The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
    - breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
    - cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
    - changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
    - complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
    In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
    the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
    and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
    contributors from all around the world:
    Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
    ElloElloEllo (modelling),
    GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
    BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
    and many others.

More Info:

www.jungletrolls.org

17. The Noobest

The Noobest

Resources:
    Resources:
    I picked Inventor, and I wanted to make a Flamethrower, but I can't find the stockage box.
    Where can I get/make some?

18. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is made in Inventor's Workshop, but it can be made by the Inventor himself as a class crafting (keyboard C and then C again).
    Come on, just take a look at the craftings, this is easy to find :)

19. The Noobest

The Noobest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Stockage barrel? But it require stockage box, but, if it is true (that stockage barrel is equal to stockage box ), should it be a kit then put it in WORKSHOP
    (with 3 bronze bar and shotgun)

(excellent update by the way:goblin_good_job:, now I won't be bore (in single player) because
    of the Froll I like those creature even though they are enemy. I keep play shaman, raise zombie, throw them (Froll) a disease that can be spread nearby, Issue my undead army to attack them , or Inventor, then throw a Molotov on them (Buuuurrrnnnnn).
    It was a blast :goblin_yeah:

20. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're right, I'll fix the tooltip.
    And yes, sounds fun. Frolls are the most funny enemy ^^