• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 11
Dear friends,

I see JTR is still played under Warcraft 3 Reforged!
This makes me happy.

It's looking good, though there are plenty of new bugs - most items spawn x2, there is an annoying rain & snowing effect all the time (but it properly works when it rains "for real"), and item models come in all shapes and sizes. It's weird, yet still charming.

I will try to find a way to open the map under under the old editors and fix the most pressing issues. I may have to wait a bit until tools like NewGenEditor are updated to work with Reforged. I don't know, but I hope that one day I will be able to give you an update.

Love,
Gad

Level 11
Version 6.1.2 released!

Models
– Merged Classic and Reforged version, with separate Item models provided for both versions (Sack models in Classic, RPG models in Reforged)

Balance
– Trolls expend more energy when carrying weapons and regain a bit less Energy when resting
– Starting Health increased and Trolls gain a bit of Health each level

Last edited:
Level 11
Version 6.2.0 uploaded with some small, but very nice "quality of life" improvements and fixes:

Pathing & Collision
– Pathing and unit collision improved, allowing for much easier movement around the base
– Some animals collision decreased, allowing for Sabretooths and Alligators to ambush trolls between trees
– Give/Take item range slightly increased so that adjacent buildings can swap items easier

Balance
– Giant Vulture boss spell block removed; its damage is less random now, but it's critical chance has been doubled to 30%

Bug Fixes
– Backpack now properly emulates the trolls actions, allowing for much more convenient usage (BloodForBlood)

Last edited:
Level 1
I never understood why there isn't a damn installation step by step ??????
I put the file in frozen throne's maps , but it doesn't show up .... smh

Level 2
Used to play this map a lot before reforged, currently checking out ver. 6.7.0 after a long while. Here's some stuff I wanted to share:

General thoughts:
  • I understand why you wanted to separate map into tribe regions, but personally I liked the previous, irregular layout more (bosses in corners, teleports between different parts of map). Quests and bosses could result in an unplanned base raid/defense.
  • are memory leaks any better now or does it still crash after around day 30?

Bugs I experienced:
  • thunderstorm sometimes disables tooltips in the ui, pretty gamebreaking - no health bars, no item names, no descriptions, fixable only via new game / load save.
  • hunter's pet hawk doesn't evolve / level up - first one died before evolving, second one stayed at 200/200 energy the entire game.
  • combination of trading permit, alchemist achiv and merchant achiv allows you to print free money (and effectively resources) starting day 1, even without action nor plenty modes. I think the luckiest loop start I got required only 40-50 gold before it sustained itself (buy herb -> brew potion -> sell potion & greatest elixir / philoso stone).
  • edit: it seems that double spell breaks backpack (duplicates and stops following troll)
  • loading a game messes up abilities' tooltips, though I assume this map wasn't made with save/load in mind, moreover since reforged disabled it.

Suggestions:
  • return to fixed max hp - since all damage (especially ranged/spells as they tend to have cooldown/ammo) is fixed, hp scaling with strength creates power creep at higher lvls (especially with fully stacked armor). Regen and speed is enough - a small upgrade but still noticeable. Also imo animals should pose a threat for the entire game, not only lower lvls (e.g. poison with fixed max hp). edit: I would suggest an even rougher scaling than originally - warriors hp regen only, shamans mp regen, hunter's food decay and inventor's speed.
  • hardcore is hardcore - how about disabling trade permit for hardcore mode? Mana stones would be truly rare, no easy gear min-maxing, scouting and herb farming would be encouraged. It would also solve the issue with infinite money printing, at least for this mode.
  • a way for rotten meat to become raw/troll meat again (maybe a shaman could clean it with some herbs)
  • edit2: I also miss the carnivorous plants from earlier versions, also seems like a neat addition for hardcore mode :)
  • maybe a custom saving script? keeping trolls' stats, eq, buildings, units and positions, but regenerating world anew with spawn adjustement based on buildings presence - it would kinda solve memory leak issue and would allow for really long games. I used to play 1v1 hard hardcore with my friend, with constant poke and retreat we were easily hitting wc3 memory cap :).

Last edited: