1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. [Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Decide who's the leader among the leaders! The poll for the Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are looking for your vote! Choose the best icon set of the Icon Contest #15!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join Music Contest #7 - Location! Craft a song that depicts any place.
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

OK, thank you. Those are easy to fix - marked for fixing in next version.

Thanks to all who play the Trolls game!

2. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

You also might want to update the description,
    seeing as you suggest we play as the Dire Troll which, (Thankfully) doesn't exist anymore. xP

3. Xianith

Xianith

I still have Icons I edited a while ago for this, Ill post em some time this week if you want to use them in the next version.

They are like fixing the borders around fire, and attack / defense.

4. Mortalo

Mortalo

gadina_prokleta: dear friend.. you should put the single player mode with AI npc in your map... somone agree with me? and congrats i love your map! ;)

5. Xianith

Xianith

wouldn't that be extremely difficult? Unless you trigger it to give the AI extra health, and level them up AND disable heat / energy / and health loss on them.

Possible but unlikely.

6. Mortalo

Mortalo

i mean. hem you in single player mode, why you dont have some npc dont have to be the Heros just units you give them orders..... to build "give they the required itens, or you build yourself", hunt animals, ambush animals "throw the net at", order to attack the other tribes,
    eat food, sleep... defend the tribe, follow you, Gather itens

just like this

-order Gather

-order defend home

-order follow me

-order to sleep

-order to eat

-order hunt animal

-order build __ "insert the name of the building"

-order ambush.

-order attack. this will require a lot of trigger work :(

eat, and sleep should be auto orders

we going need to make Npc to control the other tribes. i said what im want, if everyone disgree i aint saying nothing about this anymore.

"there here much people who dont have the original game.... "

7. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

It would be a long work for nothing. The best part of the game is to find out how to defeat the enemy players - if at least two of them know how to play, it is hard enough. Even the most cleverly programmed NPC could be cheated easily in this game.

I have considered though remaking the "Human Intruders" quest which could be something like that. Since a long time the main tester Dark_Angel is yelling at me for doing everything else, except rebuilding the quests :]
    But agree with me, that bugfixes and gameplay improvements are more important than expanding the game.

Xianith, send me these icons. I will see what I can use. And... thank you.

________
    PS. Where the hell is Dire Troll description left? Cannot find it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  8. EditorMario

EditorMario

I found something like bug (big scary one) - you can˙t enchant wand/staff whit any arcanum book.
    I also think that when you enchant wand/staff you shoud be able to cast spell whenever you like (for some mana) and shoud give the player ability to attack air.
    In everything else you rule...

9. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

It's not a bug, arcanums aren't meant to be enchanted :)

10. co_oki

co_oki

Should we or some one create a fan site for the game or....a clan or some way to advertise this game, and keep it in one place so its easy to find games:mwahaha:

btw clan kok3 bot plays jungle tribes the pub name is jtr

11. camadas

camadas

Have to agree whit him, i love this map, but its hard to find good ppl to play it, now at eurobattle.net there are some ppl that play it there, but most of the ppl like to play it solo if u know what i mean ... and that sucks this is supose to be a team game.

Having a site or even just a forum for it, a clan for it would be rly nice for the jungle troll fans

12. Zartyzzo

Zartyzzo

One of the most awesome maps ever but gadina prokleta could you please make a version with one or more of the following:

:fp:Humans randomly invading or passing trough the jungle :pal:
    :fp:A female troll class like Gatherer or something. :ab:
    :fp:A shapeshift spell/potion for the shaman :nemor:
    :fp: A class who can chop tree (could be the Gatherer)

Mostly i would like the female troll class because that would make the tribes seem more realistic (unless they are all gay...)

If you can't/won't make this then may i please have an unprotected version of the map so i can make those changes myself? I won't upload it if you don't want me to but i would be very happy if i could play with the changes i mentioned with my friends. :thumbs_up:

13. jerule

jerule

ahm.. excuse me.. but i don't know if it's a bug or what.. why does the trolls cannot hide at the trolls hut anymore?... [hunter's tent for hunter] if you please.. can you fix that prob?.. it's hard to survive when my enemy tribe cast the longest winter...... thanks in advance...

warrior can cut trees!.. hunter can also cut trees.. just make a lvl 2,3 or 4 axe for warrior and lvl 2 or 3 for hunter..

i am a hunter in this game.. my friends play it when i force them.. XD
    i love this game.. you know.. i also like being alone.. being alone is cool.. doing all the stuff to make yourself alive.. [a very interesting one] FFA is not advisable.. but making a command like "-solo" can help.. just suggesting.. [following up the trolls hut and hunters hut]

-hunter's den should not breed a dog and hawk.. it should be a place where your tamed animals to be placed[or trained]..
    [sensor trap is very helpful.. can be upgraded to kill.. lolx]

hmm... you said in the game that the inventor's recipe will increase..

-shaman's herb bug!!.. after you plant it.. you will not earn anything.. that suckx...
    [jerule.jerol@yahoo.com.ph]

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  14. jerule

jerule

think of these.. if you and your friends[with a girl] are trapped in a lost island.. you're starving to death.. [need to hunt first!]
    do you think you can have sex with a girl in that situation?.. [when night come.. you need to have your rest]

15. Zartyzzo

Zartyzzo

I don't want to have a female troll just so i can imagine her getting banged... :eekani: if i would want to see that i wouldnt play Warcraft... :bored: no no no i am talking about realistic tribe life. :hohum: Normally the men hunts and the women gather fruits and herbs and takes care of the camp. It's just unrealistic if there is no women.:confused:

16. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

I'd like to answer :)

- The Human quest is something I have always want to rebuild. And I always say "next time" :p
    - female trolls! Also an old and good idea, but I have came to conclusion, that additional classes are not actually needed. On the other hand, who says the trolls are all male? Huh, what if some of them just look male? I should maybe just put some female names as random character names...
    Once I thought about making a "mother" class, who (virtually) makes sex and produces minions - small troll kids, little helpers... But it is more funny than really good idea :)
    - jerule, I have removed all hut hidings except the boat (it is necessary for the boat to work), because they make trolls too well protected against physical attacks and everything except hunger. Especially when I made the "easy sleeping" - just near the hut, I decided all that improvements would harm the survival aspect of the game. Besides, hut hiding causes some bugs.
    - hunter's den breeds some animals and is working fine enough... I should consider revising it, but not soon.
    - "you said in the game that the inventor's recipe will increase" - and I haven done it yet, I know :(
    - shaman's herb bug - are you sure you are doing it right? You should plant the herb, wait until it comes to full mana and then, BEFORE it withers (dies by losing health), you attack it. Then it drops 1-3 herbs of teh same type.
    - about the site: truly I have not found the time to write proper guides, but if any of you guys does it for me - especially if you do it good, I will post it to this site: http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls/
    It is small and simple, I know, but it could be good enough to give people some idea how to play.
    Guides in English, Russian and German are welcome. I will read the text, correct some mistakes, if there are such ones, and step by step build an internet troll hut with you help :)
    gadina.prokleta@gmail.com

17. pryzmat

pryzmat

First of all thanks for cool map, second i was emailing you but probably mailbox rejected messages. Anyway bring back Dire Troll. I dont know why did you remove him but if it was because hes too strong than make him weaker but do not remove(and tbh hes not noob troll). Also make small changes in game info etc to reflect current changes like plague should last for full time not start again right after finish or ingame descriptions(like remove hide ability from huts).

Add more events also, imo game really needs those.

18. pryzmat

pryzmat

bring back dire troll dude, maybe just rebalance him, max item level for him 2 or 1 and hes good to come back

fix small bugs like double berry trees, description bugs(still syas that u can hide in huts), plague and malaria reappearing(just make them last longer not reappear every time), etc

increase mana stone spawn ratio by a bit because right now its just fight for mana stones wich is kinda dumb

add more quests - will make game better

make hard mode harder :grin:

btw. my comments are dissapearing, some asshole with mod priviledges is removing them what a looser probably i killed him in game and he wants some revenge :thumbs_up::grin:

19. jerule

jerule

so you removed the "hide" thing.. if you really removed it.. please change the description on the hut's or camp.. just for the new "players" of the game.. so they will not ask: why can't i hide inside the blah blah blah.. [sorry for my poor English]

-about the herb.. i planted it.. and the other step's is followed. but i can't get the herb.. hmm.. come to think of it.. i played shaman only 3 times.. as i said i am a hunter.. maybe i just out of luck when i choose shaman.. ^^

-about the "girl troll".. you said you will make name for girl's.. but to think of it.. that will make them look gay.. a troll pretending to be a girl.. how about the muscle?.. haha [talking to myself]

-the "mother" troll also.. they can gather fruits and herbs. its okay. but to protect the base?. they're not suited for that job.. [just sharing my ideas]

-if you have time.. why don't you put a second job for every class?
    e.g you are an inventor right?. next to inventor can be troll thinker. hunter will be trapper. warrior to soldier. shaman to wizard.. hehe

20. Shadow_cake

Shadow_cake

Regarding making the game more realistic by adding a female class. I have a couple class ideas in my mind.

-Witch; The Witch would be an intell class that replaces the Offensive Shaman, which I hope if this class was added that the Shaman would be redone to be more support based. This Troll Hero would be demonic based and offensive. This class would have three unique abilities along with the standard sprint.

Sacraficial Aura - This Toggle Spell would drain X MP and X HP per second its active but add Y to the Health, Mana, Food and Heat of nearby allies for each second its active.
    Banish - This ability would be very similar to the standard Wc3 Blood Mage's spell. Slowing Movement Speed and making the target immune to physical damage while making them more vulnerable to spells for X duration. (Different name recommended since Totem has an ability named this.)
    Sprint - Same as it is.
    Trance - This spell would act as the Witch's Sleep ability. What makes this spell different than other Sleep spells that it could also be used on other trolls as well. (Not really needed, bit overpowered. Also it'd be advised to make this spell only work on trolls to avoid the exploit of using it on animals to gain mana.)

This Witch's Class Building would be the Witches' Ward, suggest the Tauren Totem building model. It would be able to construct Runes which would be the Witch's version of spellbooks. The Ward would also be able to redeem Devil Pacts just as the Tauren Merchant is able to, for I would imagine would come at a high cost. Also the Ward would be able to make Demonic Idols or Statues (not sure which it's called). Maybe be able to make a food production building that rivals the cauldron, a building that uses herbs to spice up meats to give it extra benefits. One more idea would be an item that could be created by the redeemed Devil Pact to make an item that would allow one charge of the God Totem's Banish.

The Witch's Class Crafting would be focused on making use of poisons, bones and raw meat.

-Dancer; An exile from the Great Land of Lorderon, this human woman has joined a tribe of trolls in hope to learn the basics of living in this harsh wilderness. This would be the Newb Class replacing the Ol' Dire Troll, The Dancer's Basic Crafting Menu's Recipes would be 'Unresearched' until the Dancer uses its 'Study' ability on an enemy or allied structure to unlock it. Like the Dire troll would have no Class Building.

Study - This ability unlocks troll buildings for the Dancer, allowing her to construct the building from the Basic Crafting Menu.
    Scream - An AoE Stun with a low range that allows the Dancer to escape from harm.
    Sprint - Same as it is.
    Sleep - Same as it is.

The Hero would have the Class Crafting Menu consisting of Herb Seeds, Level 1 and 2 Fur Clothing, Bone Dagger and Rope.

(Why I called the class Dancer.. Idk)