1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    well IMO that's not what most players are expecting...
    it would be better if we could see our achievements by a command such as "-view achievements" or smth similar...
    also that will be easier to make and less lagging since you won't have to check every X seconds how much progress is left for reaching the achievement

I do agree that panthers are more jungle-like than wolves :D
    wolves pretty much are for forest-like maps...
    maybe this tool will help you...Warcraft 3 Viewer
    with that tool you can reduce the quality of textures to reduce size by a lot...
    reducing them to 30% is the recommended value because below that value, the quality get's really bad...
    i hope that helps you reduce the map size :)

well have you ever thought of recruiting more development members?
    in your case a good terrainer could help you a lot...
    but as i can guess you are afraid of adding a "stranger" to your development team right?
    well i guess i would feel the same thing...i wouldn't want someone to host an unprotected version of my map all over the b.net...

well IMO save/load isn't really necessary...
    but maybe it will be good if you are able to save/load achievements...
    you could add it to your "updates for the distant future" list :)

2. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @gadina_prokleta
    5 days passed and not even an answer about my suggestions? o.o
    as i can see you have slowed down the construction of the map and that is really bad :(
    are there any new members in the development team? did anybody leave?
    how often do you release updates nowadays?

@Death_lcNight, NOY, TytoS
    if any of you wants to play anytime a game with me pm on this site and tell me time and server ok?
    i have made accounts on all servers so i can play JTR anytime :D

@all JTR players
    add me: jungle_troll_31 and pm me your server if you want to play with me!!^^
    im really into JTR these days and im available to play 6 hours per day...
    im also willing to stay all night up at weekends if i find good players :D

4. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh... But I thought I have answered you!

Yes, I am recruiting more team members. For now only I am working on the game.
    But... I need 1) Someone with a good knowledge of Jass or at least GUI triggers to help me with programming, and 2) someone who would make the game more popular, run a hosting bot, open contests etc.

Lately I'm working on the game every day, but only for hour or two. I don't have much time after I come home from work and I'm usually deadly tired. Anyway, the change log is growing and will grow even longer.

5. Tembem

Tembem

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great game, i just play it first time an love it....

Can u add info at weapon, cloth, etc... what class can wear it.

6. GangSpear

GangSpear

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hmm,i have a problem about Fiery Axes,why it can't be dual axes?

7. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    well i have been a GUIer for about 1 year and im willing to help...
    but just thinking of how long the triggers on JTR will be im getting scared *_*

IMPORTANT:
    im aware that you are not willing to give an unprotected JTR map to a stranger, so if you need help with GUI pm me the triggers that needs to be fixxed or your idea for a new system etc. and ill do my best to finish it asap and pm it to you

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  8. BILBASICK

BILBASICK

Resources:
    Resources:
    Happy New Year to all trollz! Keep trolling in 2012! :ogre_hurrhurr:

9. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Be happy, mon! Be happy!

10. Viei

Viei

Resources:
    Resources:
    Greetings. Few questions regarding 4.5 version:

[*] Is it possible to upgrade watch towers with stone (as written in towers description)?
    When the stone (up to full stack of 5) is loaded and upgrade button pressed, the tower starts upgrading animation and stone simply drops out. After animation finishes the tower remains the same, doesn't even repair itself.

[*] Is it intended, that sometimes inventor's "pack building" ability just displays microstun animation on friendly building and building doesn't revert to kit?
    Once this happens, the ability stays bugged for the rest of time.

[*] Do giant bird nests tamed by hunter actually hatch bird?

[*] Does trading agreement scroll have outdated description saying about herb prices which are lower than actual prices?

11. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh! Thank you.
    1) I have also seen that. Actually it works, but I think it takes more time than intended. I haven't made this function by myself, I should take a look and see how it is created and what may be wrong.
    2) This should be a bug. Do you have some more specific idea how it happens, is it on a certain building or something unusual?
    Besides, it should every time display a microstun animation, the skill which is used is based on some stunning spell like Fireball. It should do nothing and only trigger the functions...
    3) They do, but the map has some breeding limits based on the initial count of the animals of every species. When this limit is exceeded, the breeding chance is reverted to 0 (made to prevent map overpopulation and lag). This limits will be removed in version 4.6. I'm rebuilding the spawning system in a better way which will control animal count otherwise.
    4) I'll see and fix it, thanks!

12. Viei

Viei

Resources:
    Resources:
    [*] Easy Action test shows there's even no need to put a replay of tower-upgrade failure.

[*] Troll inventor losing it's pack ability
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=dbc0u7
    Skip to 1hr35min

[*] A bit unfair about unhatching birds. Assuming egg nest is lvl1 baby animal, you don't get guaranteed lvl2 beast. Snake eggs are easier, they seem to allways hatch.

[*] Judging from upcoming changelog, you're going to swap wolves to panthers. It should be noticed that bears and boars aren't tropical jungle dwellers too. Especially bears. Especially brown.
    When comparing to World of Warcraft® Stranglethorn Vale "ancient troll jungle" interpretation, you lack gorillas (I remember they did stun attacks too) and tigers, while Alligators count as raptors.
    Though gorillas are herbivorous, not carnivorous.

[*] Is it possible to get plain untriggered (and unprotected) terrain of JTR for paper mapmaking purposes from your site ?:)

Still, thanks for your efforts on improving the map and making it more of trolls and less of cmemblock372. Looking forward to 4.6

13. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That will be really good!! i suppose you are going to use this panther model right?
    yes you need to add Tigers aswell...
    with a little luck i could ask permission from the creator of bebi to edit it and make it a gorilla, although im not 100% sure i can do it...
    still i could give it a try if you want me to;D

14. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At first look the tower upgrading trigger seems normal and even boring - everything looks okay, yet it isn't. I'll do more testing :(
    Same for the dismounting.

The wolves will be replaced by sabre-toothed cats using this model.
    I'm not necessarily following Warcraft lore, nor WoW. I'd prefer to give the troll's grounds some more prehistoric look - as for a primitive, but very adaptive and resourceful culture, which survives in the harsh conditions of the Ancient Jungle. So I think the Raptors and any other dinosaurs would be at least obsolete.
    The bears actually fit very well with saber-tooth cats. They could be replaced by gorillas and racoons - by monkeys, but it is a matter of taste. The Jungle may look like a tropical forest or like some continental/mixed type. But I don't want to import too much new models, because this increases map size and - well, size matters :D
    I'm actually trying to decrease it and I hope I will succeed.

Sorry, at the site there is no unprotected version of the game, with or without triggers. I could extract the terrain for you, but why would you need it? There is nothing special with it.

15. lj2831929

lj2831929

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really want to know when the next version released

About time

16. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's a fun map for sure!however i think it's very hard to revive, maybe players could upgrade it to be fueled by human sacrifice?

17. Viei

Viei

Resources:
    Resources:
    revival is already easy as anything.
    1) In spirit form scout the jungle for materials while eating your own troll meat, sell materials, buy mana stone, sacrifice mana stone, resurrect.
    2) or: scout the jungle, sell items at voodoo merchant, sign devil pact near merchant and instantly buy new soul deed.
    3) or: sacrifice meat, more meat, even more meat, resurrect.

While in spirit form you may also fetch anakonda's mojo of powah, if such a quest is announced, and try spider mojo, which is quite hard (probaby impossible) because of spiderwebs blocking the access to it.

--

Small idea - poison resistance: troll may earn levels in poison resistance. Every level of resistance shortens the duration of being poisoned by envenomed weapon or animal bite.

18. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lj2831929, I hope the next version will be ready by the end of February. There is one last major update to do and I'm working on it almost every day (though I can spend only 1-2 hours for that). After it I should try to fix the bugs reported by Viei and remove some more memory leaks.

clockwork2, there is already an option for troll sacrifice, as Viei tells you - any troll meat or skull can be sacrificed at the Totem to restore to it great amounts of mana.

Viei, such an option as leveled poison duration doesn't exist in Wc3. I may be able to create it by triggers, but it would cost me too much time for a comparatively small improvement of the gameplay. I'd prefer to use that time for something more needed by the players like the damned multiboard, which I still cannot make the way I want.

19. Erik Linbeast

Erik Linbeast

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there! Great map you've got there, spent so much time looking for oil, aarh! :ogre_rage:
    Then i got one of my friends try 1v1 and it is even better! Though, i have one idea. Which is, adding one or more "warcraft races". I see the whole theme is not that warcraft-ish, but trolls surely are. So, my thought is, add one or two "neutral" races in form of AI-ed, but small pack or tribe of say, 3 to 5 members, just like animals. Difference will be, they will be using sort of rudimentary weapons (and armour), much like low-tier trolls. Bone daggers, flint spears, clubs, fur clothing, rarely working metal, and such things as campfires, huts, maybe watchtowers. First, it cloud be murlocs. You know, those little, hunched, frog-fish-men. They are just adorable. :ogre_hurrhurr:. Second, ogres, again, hulking heaps of bone, muscle and lard, what's not to love? And last one, some primitive orc or goblin tribe, i love them, so i put them everywhere even if they don't fit. Well, that's it for now, have a good day, thanks for such a wonderful map (for you and for rest of the team, of course.) Erik. :wink:

EDIT: I know, i know, it'd be horrible load of work to do, but i can't help it, i had to say it. :)

20. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources: