Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. JusticeKing7

JusticeKing7

Resources:
    Resources:
    This game is awesome by the way i noticed that your picture is from www.lfgcomic.com :D

2. lj2831929

lj2831929

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to know
    The next version when updates ?

3. xandor

xandor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it any bot hosting this on eu battle net?
    If so, what is its name, cant find where to join games.
    Only played it on garena but it isnt hosted there anymore.

4. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Version 4.5 uploaded!
    It only fixes the big problems of the previous version - the warrior's dual wield, the missing sell item possibility and some other issues.
    Item stacking system has been reverted back to its version used in JTR 3.7, which appears to be much more stable and bugless. I hope that game splitting issues might be solved by that. Please try the game with friends and tell me if some crashes still occur (and in which circumstances, if any).

5. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can zombify animals??eurgghhh didn't know that..

6. BILBASICK

BILBASICK

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi Gadina! Nice to see you again) I coud've write this report two days ago but something got wrong. I tested few things and you made a good job with those crashes, especially with totem disappearing. Good job at dismount ability rework. Also thank you for paying attention to hotkeys, I'll report here some of them
    Here list of bugs i've seen:
    - item stacking system got only worse: items still fall on the ground, but also if you try to split something, it will fill all free slots with 1 item and rest will fall on the ground
    - about hotkeys: Voodoo Merchant's Soul Map (R) missing, Shaman's hut's Empower book, Sacr Dagger and Voodoo Doll (page 3) are wrong
    - remove plants burning sound (campfire is ok)
    - remove active ability from plants, or at least make it don't burn all mana for nothing
    - make left bottom geyser safe beating possible if you stand left from it - you still need to cut a tree and deal with a crab and mosquitoes, so why it must be a nightmare?
    - once i killed elder razzorback and it didn't drop skull (mb it's just my luck)

Also quick list-reminder of old bugs:
    - Appearing message of trading perk after each transaction (after gaining perk)
    - Hunter's hawk losing selection after each jump

Suggestions:
    - Maybe crafting items and buildings need some mana? it needs lot of work to asemble armory or anything else? it must vary between 1 (rope) and 15 (big buildings)
    - could you reduce cost of warrior's change stance ability from 15 to 5-10? it's so annoying to lose 15-30 mana to change stance back after puking or getting bit by crab

P.S. Can you say, how much hp trees got?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About item stacking system: yes, this is one of the oldest versions of it, because I suspect that the newer ones cause game splits. If you report that the game splits still occur, I will make me a harakiri and posthumously release a version with the newest stacking.

The stupid plants have burning sounds, because they are considered "structures" and WC3 structures always have some burning sound, as much as I know. If I remove those classification from them, they will not have that sound, but the would be placeable one on another...
    I'll remove the mana cost of the active ability. It seems I forgot it when I remade the plants. The ability will still be left because of tooltip - players should be informed how and when to gather plants.

I'll see about the geyser and I'll think about the warrior.
    Well, the mana cost for crafting would require from me to go through all the crafting triggers and, honestly, if you don't convince me it is very good for the gameplay, I wouldn't do it :)

8. NOY

NOY

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi,

i played your map a lot of time with my 2 friends since we have our first party (1 year ago), at ever party we have a random crash after 1 or 2 hour of playing...

It's very disappointing for an awesome map like that :s
    Your update along the time didn't change anything about these crashs..

(A memory problem (war3 error))

For an example we don't have these crash on Founders map (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/founders-north-1-24-a-184407/) after 5 hours of playing.

WITH 4.3 :

WITH 4.4 :

But i had once this second error on 4.3 too

I can send you my crash logs if you want

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  9. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you, Noy!
    The crashes you reported still occur in version 4.5, right?
    So... disappointing. So much of the memory leaks were fixed! I thought there are no more leaks :(
    If you can, please send me the logs to gadinaprokleta@gmail.com
    Does it crash for all of the players, or only for you?

I need also reports about game splits - when the game doesn't crash, but some desync occurs and part of the players seem to be kicked out, but actually they continue in a separated game session.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  10. BloodyKaiser

BloodyKaiser

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome map!
    but there's a major lag :(

11. NOY

NOY

Resources:
    Resources:
    Logs send !

12. TytoS

TytoS

Resources:
    Resources:
    how to make bronze bar??

i try to make invention at workshop but nothing happen, why?? (i try harpoon)

13. KrunkZzZ

KrunkZzZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    Breeding

Can some 1 please tell me how to breed my animals. Do i need 2 of the same animal or is 1 sufficient, and do i need to do anything. what triggers breeding in tamed animals? i've looked at the site but my animals never breed , level 2 and 3, and it says 60% chance per day.

14. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    BILBASICK, trees have 200 hp. Trees struck by lightning have 100 hp.

TytoS, bronze bar can be smelted in the Forge. It requires 1 stone and 1 flint.
    To craft an invention, you need plans, created by the Inventor with his special skill. You may use it once per day, but you need to carry a Parchment, otherwise the troll cannot write down his idea and it is wasted.

KrunkZzZ, every single animal that can be tamed has the chance to have cubs at the moment it grows old. The mechanics is the following:
    - little animal gains mana by itself and by feeding. When mana is full, it becomes grown animal.
    - grown animal gains mana by itself and by feeding. When mana is full, it becomes old animal and has a chance of having cubs.
    - old animal loses mana over time, which can be restored by feeding. When all mana is lost, the animal dies, leaving no resources.
    Have in mind, that this is true only for living animals. Zombified (rotten) animals do not age and cannot breed.
    There is another thing: if the map is overpopulated with a given animal species, new cubs will probably not be born until some of the grown animals of that type die, whatever who owns them. This limit has been set to prevent game lag due to map overpopulation.

15. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey all, it's been a long time since i quitted wc3 and now im finaly back!!
    i played this map for 1-2 hours and i was really dissapointed to see that there aren't lots of updates...
    anyway i have thought some ways to addapt better the difficulty...

1)Reduce mana cost on panic...
    Easy = 5 Mana Cost
    Medium = 10 Mana cost
    Hard = 15 Mana cost
    Since panic is an ability that is used very often (or atleast by me), reducing the mana cost,
    will make trolls able to travel longer locations with wasting less stamina(if they choose easy)

2)Change the resource spawn system (make items appear near players and not just at random points)
    Easy = Items spawn near trolls in a 100-1000(random number between 100 & 1000) distance
    Medium = 300-1500 distance
    Hard = 500-2000
    (just giving examples here)

and maybe also change the intervals that items spawn according to difficulty...
    Easy = spawn every 10 seconds
    Medium = spawn every 18 seconds
    Hard = spawn every 25 seconds
    (again just giving examples)

Does hunger and body heat decrease according to difficulty?
    Here is a little test i did with the 3 difficulties...(i was standing still, doing nothing the whole time)
    Easy = I managed to survive for 25 minutes
    Medium = survived 11 minutes
    Hard = survived 6 minutes
    this is tottaly NOT balanced O.O

well 25 minutes on easy is pretty good...
    on medium it should be around 18 minutes and on hard around 10 minutes...(IMO)
    do you think you can change it like that?
    i guess the intervals in which you lose hunger and body heat decrease per lvl right?
    and i guess it's smth like 2/3/4 based on difficulty right?
    well could you make it 3/3.5/4 and test it pls?
    i do understand that testing such a thing is gonna take a long time but it's for the good of the map *_*

well that's all for now, keep up the good work ;)

EDIT:
    did you even see my comment? :(
    anyway i edited this post because i found a thing that bothers me about the map...
    having trees in a "line" is really bad!!
    it would be better if the trees were placed like they are in this map...
    pls take into consideration this suggestions...IMO it will make the game much better...

why?
    because it's not only the gameplay that matters...
    enviroment is important too and with my suggestion the enviroment would look more realistic^^

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  16. TytoS

TytoS

Resources:
    Resources:
    what should i do after click forge?? am i get that bronze bar??

i have plans on my hand and put it on workshop with all requirements. but still nothing happen.

thkz

17. NOY

NOY

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have a suggest about the memory crash:

Can you make a save system ? than a lot of rpg map use for saving our hero ?

Like : -save Fd12s34456x4f6sd45g

Here it will be very cool to save our hero with all item that we have (including item contained in our battlement tribu or container) the battlement can be refunded in them item form.

I don't really want to play another time to this map because after 1 or 2 hour of playing an error occur and our game is lost :s

And we can't do more than one save by player by map, fucking save system of blizzard..

18. Death_lcnight

Death_lcnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey all, it's been a long time since i quitted wc3 and now im finaly back!!
    i played this map for 1-2 hours and i was really dissapointed to see that there aren't lots of updates...
    anyway i have thought some ways to addapt better the difficulty...

WB

2)Change the resource spawn system (make items appear near players and not just at random points)
    Easy = Items spawn near trolls in a 100-1000(random number between 100 & 1000) distance
    Medium = 300-1500 distance
    Hard = 500-2000
    (just giving examples here)

i don't rly like this suggestion , spawning resources at random points makes it harder although it might be luck dependant but lol .. u want to get items that easy ?
    u just want a mana stone to spawn near to u ? :vw_wtf:
    plz forget about this suggestion
    thanks for reading.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  19. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmm you are right about the mana stones...
    but what i forgot to say is that i was actually talking about common resources like tinder,fliint,wood, rock etc.
    and yes i do agree that mana stones shouldn't be that easy to find...
    so spawining common resources near trolls makes it easier to survive and that's what im aiming for with my suggestions...

btw does the map creators still edit the map?
    because it's been like 2-3 days since i posted those suggestions and no answer...

20. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    xorkatoss,

When I have the time, I work on the map, and I always read the posts.
    Two or three days are not so much time... At least for me. I see you are impatient, guys, but I am working 9 hours every Monday to Friday and I have my life, my problems and everything else. I can understand you are disappointed you haven't see any real updates.

Well, you still don't know how much time really cost me to fix those two puny bugfixes... There is a really amazing bug in Warcraft mechanics, which was causing the item loss when selling to Merchant. I spent many hours in a few DAYS for testing every little shit until I found a working solution.

Anyway, I'm working on some updates on showing Scores and Achievements in game. I really hope I could bring to life a very advanced multiboard system made by A.Dominion, which is being ruined maybe by the same bug I mentioned. There will be some other updates too. I'm really in doubt if I should replace all wolves in the game with panthers (they are more Jungle-like). The models I found are just amazing, but this means increasing map size. The panthers would have similar stats to wolves with some ability differences.

As for your suggestions - no, I wouldn't make the game that easier. The Panic gives speed and heat, it should cost what it costs, and resource spawn is just okay. There will be some improvements to stone and flint gathering (see List of changes).

Hunger and body heat speeds depend on survival difficulty, yes.

I like the idea about changing the trees order, but as I know myself, I would never find the time for that. Maybe if Dark_Angel finds the time to work again on the map, he would do it. He likes placing resources around and setting spiders which are lurking just behind them :)

NOY,
    I have thought about that, but if I do it, it would remember only certain Achievement bonuses, not the whole game. And it wouldn't be soon, sorry :/