1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
  3. If you need to get JNGP working with 1.28, read this.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for the 26th Texturing Contest is up and running. Choose an entry for the win!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Place your vote for the best custom spells made for Zephyr Contest #15 - Model Based!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter. May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. wolfer4o

wolfer4o

Well gadina_prokleta is not active these days so I don't think that there will be a new version soon.

2. Hembrent

Hembrent

Brings a tear to my eye that I can't play on battlenet.
    Would very much like to enjoy this with some others.

3. ozim

ozim

Гадиная я очень благодарен тебе за доработку этой карты!
    Надеюсь ты еще выпустишь новые версии добавив пару классовых квестов.
    Зы: Судя по нику Гадина ты из России.

4. wolfer4o

wolfer4o

Well, he is Bulgarian, and so am I, he's not Russian.But I still understand what you meant ,there are similar Bulgarian and Russian words ,but please note that there are two different countries and languages!

5. ozim

ozim

Im sorry.
    Bud this map werry good! Thanks gadina_prokleta.
    Ps: Плохо знаю английский язык.

6. Redhya

Redhya

hello I'm new here...
    but I have played this map for a long time...
    recently I find a JTR map version 2.6...
    is that an original map or fake one...
    because in Hive it is still version 2.4...
    I'm a little bit confused...

7. Nick111

Nick111

so.. I look today this version of Jungle Trolls Reborn 2.6: Already deleted from epics..
    this is fake, cause there are many cheats like teleport, fingerofdeath and other things with resources etc. in Jass script.. also map unprotected, but scripts are hidden before full unprotecting... (in triggers)

-allyourbasearebelongtous :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  8. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Thank all of you, guys, for your support! There will be Reborn 2.5, but there is time needed. There are so many things to be fixed, I just need to gather the courage to start it. Lately I have few time and I haven't played the 2.4 version of the map even 1% of the time needed to make it. Anyway I will find the mana to continue it for you. Thank you again!

9. wolfer4o

wolfer4o

We're all glad to hear that :)

10. LordForcystus

LordForcystus

gadina_prokleta is a genius. Sorry, it's rare I find an active map maker whose map I love!! Personally I'm a shaman, and have been since 2.0. I absolutely love JTR, and I've gotten my friends addicted to it. I've been practicing so I can play all alone vs my friends, I'm getting there...I can pull it off on action mode, because they're not all that action mode literate...if that makes sense. Well I'm rambling, but to reiterate I LOVE JTR!!!!! A new version would be sheer bliss.

I've read most of the comments, others I've skimmed and I have to say an FFAish style mode of JTR would be kickass. Of course only amazing players could pull it off thus it would be like pro mode -pro. I know you said this game doesn't have time for both survival and delicate diplomacy, that it would be too challenging, but that made me want to play a version like that all the more :cry: In any case...Jungle Trolls Reborn is a way for my friends and I to enhance our survivalism and teamwork, not to mention we've spent many hours entertained by this constantly challenging masterpiece! 5/5!!!

11. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Thank you a lot, LordForcystus! You inspired me to sit down and work on the game again ;)

12. LordForcystus

LordForcystus

Yay! I'm just excited about a 2.5 (as are my friends).

13. Nicokick

Nicokick

This map is so great.
    As long as there's a lot of players spending the resources, there's really no lag issues.
    The fire camp can be revived using the repair hammer, as well as planted herbs can be healed (thus really to no benefit) but there are no real exploitable flaws as well as i have found.

By the way, how did you make that awesome stacking system?
    Is it dynamic, or did you make a stacking trigger for each and every item?
    I've been trying to make a system that only stacks items of a specific type, but i just can't seem to make it work.

14. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Argh, I thought I fixed that firecamp to NOT be fixable :]
    By the way, there are bugs, some of them - not harmless. Some I cannot solve, some - maybe I will in next versions. Every game has its bugs and I am not a programmer, nor someone payed for creating games. Though I love trolls, so I will try and try, whenever I have the time, to make this game better :)
    I have not invented the stacking system, but I can export the trigger and send it to you: [gadina.prokleta@gmail.com]

15. LordForcystus

LordForcystus

Gadina_Prokleta, I must thank you. My friends and I have stopped playing Warcraft for nearly....6 months now I believe. This new version has us completely re-addicted.

5/5...still!

16. BIOengineer

BIOengineer

Where has got to Dire Troll? For me it one of the most important heroes in jtr … Return pls it it delivered enough big game interest. And if you it вставиш back add to it at least craft an awning, a fire, etc. i.e. the most primitive things and then for it it will be very interesting to play =)

17. Svyatoslav

Svyatoslav

Love this map!
    Too bad most of my friends don't :(

18. Doomsday347

Doomsday347

Wow! This is my absolute favorite Warcraft 3 map (and I believe one of the very best), I play this all the time with friends. Amazing to see its still being updated. Thank you Gadina for making such an amazing map and good luck with whatever other maps and projects you work on.

19. Doomsday347

Doomsday347

Wow another update, Gadina your a beast. I can only think of a very few ways to improve this game. I personally always play as a shaman but I have had some experience with the other classes. I think the shamans sarbacane is vastly underpowered. When the games gone on for a longer time its just completely useless and the venom is better spent for almost anything else. Maybe allow the shaman to upgrade the sarbacane into something magical? A special property of any kind would be great. Besides for that (which isnt a big deal at all, the spellbooks are more than enough for a fight) everything seems balanced.

20. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Small bug report.

In the description to pick the shaman class,
    It only makes note that the Shaman starts out with a spell book, not a staff.

Tinder,
    You can't use it to burn and keep your fire going, even though it says it is a burnable object.

With the hunters pet, Wild Boar, you can't feed it bone,
    Even though on the chart it says bone + 9 to growth. That might be with all animals though,
    I'd check that out.