1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. 'The Icon Contest #15 has started and Melee units await for their new abilities!
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

- I agree with Trenix_Decease about "More classes = unbalancment", at least every single class should be very carefully balanced; that's why I didn't hasten to make the dire troll a full class.
    - interesting, I was told just today about the Totem exploit and made his starting energy=50% :)
    - axes aren't too realistic for tinder bushes, but that type of resource isn't too often gathered. To create a special item for it? Not necessary. Furthermore, the blunt weapons are used to gather two resources (flint and stone) and axes also (wood and tinder);
    - it was you who said that "If you want melee, then you have to suffer from range". True! Slow+powerful. Where's the problem in balance? Just hit and run and try to not run out of bullets;
    - "You should be allowed to remain in ghost form and wait players out till you feel like selling your soul" - what do you mean?
    - why not? I made even some items like rope and cloth to be dissassemblable in forge, because sometimes realizm shouldn't harm gameplay.

2. Trenix_Decease

Trenix_Decease

- You shouldnt be allowed to remain in ghost form when a player kills you so you can wait them out, since you dont sell your soul to the devil. Said it wrong sorry.

3. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Humm, but there aren't too big advantages of staying in ghost form. You move slow, see in reduced range and may be banished if close to enemy totem.
    Or you mean the practice of disallowing the enemy to win by staying in ghost form, even when he has destroyed all your buildings? I should maybe remove all end-game congratulations. The game ends when players decide it ends.Or you have a better suggestion? I'm asking everyone.

4. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

No patience anymore and really no time at all. I 'm shutting off the Change Tribe option and releasing the game as it is. That's it. More fixes - later.

5. Trenix_Decease

Trenix_Decease

-The idea of not allowing the enemy to win by staying in ghost form.

I dont believe removing end-game triggers will fix that. Create a trigger which checks enemy players "main" units are dead, if so, then check if they have a ghost, then check to see if enemy player has a totem. If conditions are false, then allow victory for the surviving player.

Another thing... dropped increase in mana stone? Ehh.. the drop rate should be set to what it was before. To have a mana stone should be pretty much "luck". Why? Because having one is overpowering. I remember when they were almost impossible to find. Now you are able to harvest them? Thank god that you cant buy them anymore. Oh, and by the way, you just made it worse, getting mana stones are so much easier to get now.

-=More Suggestions=-

-Hunter should be able to pick up arrows after they are shot. For balancement, when you create an arrow, you should be only able to make 1 or 2 arrows instead of 15.

-Mana stones shouldnt be able to be mined. They are becoming too easy to be attained.

-Ammo for hunters and inventors should be stackable (arrows, black powder).

-Bones should drop from rabbits and raccoons, they are becoming too hard to get.

6. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Important:
    After all the mana stone drop is LESS than before.
    It can be gathered at probability rate = 1 per 2 rock/ hard rock deposits, but cannot be bought anymore, except in Action Mode.
    If you got many mana stones, it is only your luck, because they are now spawned only 3 per day for all the map (before it was 4 per day for the first week, then 2 per day).
    Shaman's second level books do not require 2 mana stone anymore, but 1 mana stone and oil. That balances a bit his gross need of that resource and makes him do a little quest for finding oil. On the other hand, it makes the oil more used (before needed only by inventor and for crafting torches).

7. Day-Elven

Day-Elven

I didn't notice the big difference in mana stone's drop) In 10 days of game time I and my friend got 2 arcanum for shaman (8 ms), warrior with full equipment (ms in axe - 1, armor - 2, gloves - 1, boots - 1), horse, 4 berry bushes. Altogether it's 18 mana stones. And we've destroyed no one rock. Isn't it too much?

8. Trenix_Decease

Trenix_Decease

Yes, it is, thats what I've been trying to say, the normal drop rate is a bit too high. Also, you shouldnt even be able to gather them from stone, and if you are, it should be at least a 1% drop instead of a 10%. I actually normally get 1-3 mana stones per rock, not 1 mana stone per 2 rocks. A 10% drop is a big chance for a mana stone to drop, expecially for how many rocks drop from a stone.

9. Day-Elven

Day-Elven

I get 1 mana per 2 rocks, as the map creator writed. 10% chance to get it / stones drop and 5 stones drops from 1 rock = 50% chance to get it from rock. You're just lucker =)
    Rocks are ok, there isn't much of them on the map. But it's too easy to find mana stones with the normal random drop, as other resourse.

10. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Ok, you're right... I should lower its normal drop rate. By the way I have put some more pathing blockers on unreachable areas, trying to prevent spawning of resources there. I should have succeeded in that :)
    If I set drop rate to 2 per day, that makes 28 per two weeks, 9 per tribe, or, more probable, as usually play only two tribes, 14 per tribe, BUT if they find all of them and if none of them have spawned in unreachable areas. Would it still be too much?

11. Trenix_Decease

Trenix_Decease

I think it would fix it a bit, give it a try on the next version. Yet, I still definitly believe that % for mana stone drop off rocks should be around 5% the highest.

12. ABM

ABM

hi Gadina Proketla,
    i am just passing by, and i want to thank you for the credits...
    i am A.Dominion, i would love to try your map and see your trigger, but right now i can't install War3 because it seems it doesn't like Vista OS. if i ever get a Xp computer or succeed in installing it, i will happily join your game, and start mapmaking again since i allready have many projects and ideas for other maps.

13. Lovec_sk

Lovec_sk

I found a little bugs->
    Sometimes team 1 see on map team 2 building s (that part of map haven't been scouted yet)

Next thing is that shaman can blink to hill near bear boss (left down corner of map) and build there.(i haven't tested that in vers 2.4, so it can be fixed now ...)

Jungle Trolls Reborn RULES!

14. Day-Elven

Day-Elven

to Lovec_sk

-Enemy base vision: this bug is not so little, and rather old)

-About blinking to the hill: it's not bug, it was made expressly. =)
    It's correct as nobody but shaman can get to there. Also, animals and resourses won't be spawned there (as heroes without blink can't get them).

15. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

A.Dominion! Happy to hear from you!
    Write me by mail :)

Lovec_sk: these are bugs, really. Should fix them. Looong list already, but we'll see...

16. KageShikamaru

KageShikamaru

best map ever :p.

btw , the pets are very strange :O , would like to see an improvement in there... most of them are somewhat useless and the "baby" system is strange as well...

It almost looks like you only get pets to use the Shaman Herb Rain Farm to make them grow fast and kill them to get food , bone , hides or use them as so so warriors... Otherwise they are quite useless unless you get an Alligator / Bear.

Also it would be nice if the monsters respawned like in the original jungletroll tribes... Maybe on areas far from the Base of Trolls they could respawn after 2-3 days. Some type of detection system :p.

Also another thing that would be nice is if they created babies and put eggs even after they have evolved to level 3-4 , like a " baby skill " that has a cd of x seconds or something like that.

I am willing to see Bird Pet / Spider Pet / more animals pets :p.

also why its so hard to make arrows?

birds don't drop bones...
    animals don't drop feather...
    and you need to get wood also...

so you need to hunt three types of things to get resources for your arrows , while the inventor only need flints / oils.

on the original jungle troll tribes it was a lot better , birds dropped feather and bones and they dropped 2 feathers I think , so the bow was a lot more usable.

also bones aren't that infinite , so maybe you should consider making birds drop bone or arrows being able to be made from fish bones.

instead of needing to create mass racoon with shaman herb farm to get enough bones :O.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  17. wolfer4o

wolfer4o

I found an easy to fix bug, I accidently netted my self :xxd: (used the hunter's net on him) and I couldn't move for enough time for a bear to killed me :slp: .Please fix this bug.Thank you :)

BTW what is Cauldron?

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  18. KageShikamaru

KageShikamaru

Cauldron is the item you make on Shaman Hut , it makes many funny items :p.

19. wolfer4o

wolfer4o

Oh, yes.I saw it now.Thank you :)

20. indianicrasta

indianicrasta

hello im newbie player in this map, and i think this maps is rocks, but still i hate if other player use map hack so they can survive better...:(:(

when other version release?sorry my english is bad..:(:(

i hope we can upgrade building more futuristic, so our troll have gun/ bazooka....lolz