• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 1
Suggestions;
-Look over the old Tooltips you may have rushed or maybe outdated.
-More Events throughout the game to reduce the boredom through long games.
-The Cure ability for the Shaman heals 30 HP and I've noticed can be used on planted Herbs. Maybe this spell should also heal slight mana?
-Maybe bring back Dire Troll as a secret hero. Such as eat the Grizzly Bear's Heart and your hero is replaced with a remastered Dire Troll.

Really that's all that needs to be done. JTR is, in my opinion, complete besides the little the things, great game.

Last edited:
Level 4
ideas give your opinions
some things first make the tent back to the old fashion (doesn't make sense having 1 tent made of 1 hide with 4 people sleeping on it.) you could leave the out door sleep option the same. and when you enter tent your heat reduction should slow down. and cant you make something to cover fire in the rain..

give the option by % after you kill berry for tinder, it has a % to grow back,
make gathering items usable by all like stone axe and pick.

hunter stable should give option to upgrade things like wolf to dog (domesticate) and ability to bread animals not make em., reduce control of animals, hunter speed while stealth should be -80 at least. and invisibility spell should last 15 sec (people can steal items when stealth)

make things like catapult usable when some one is inside same as boat.
fence or wall build.

some sub class idea

shaman- with doctor-spirit man- more mage or magic oriented class,can make better spells etc. magic items like summon skel warrior from bones and m stone..and can use totem better.
- healer or priest or chemist - can make better potions and damaging potions like disease cloud, bandages etc. can plant and grow herbs faster. long lasting potion buffs..

hunter- beast master- can domesticate-bread animals for food and etc
head hunter - better traps, can track (find animals or people) and kill animals faster. better stealth

inventor - engineer - better production building (like building that can mine etc) and items like siege tower, cart....better gathering items
- chemist - better bombs..and acids etc siege engine that fires flame

warrior- fighter - good at hand to hand combat (killing other trolls and fighting other trolls)
- defender- good at tanking

will come up with more later
:cute::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha:

Level 4
you can place mini(small tent) you can place tents from old sleep system near cave or hot spring so when some 1 sleeps there they get the effect.

new hunter item ; grass coat lets you hide near trees.
make hunter stealth speed reduction -80 but extra damage on hit (% to auto kill weak animals).

hatchery that lets you hatch eggs

and all level 1 or baby's speed should increase and make them unable to attack. so hunter has a challenging way to capture em. pigs should have an increase speed or charge ability.

inventor also needs to be improved, he is useless without materials, because all he does is build.

i meant berry bush

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi, what is "Tinder bush"? I play jungle trolls a long time but i didnt hear anything about it. Can you tell me what is it and where can i find it? thx.

Level 2
I'd like to answer :)

- The Human quest is something I have always want to rebuild. And I always say "next time" :p
- female trolls! Also an old and good idea, but I have came to conclusion, that additional classes are not actually needed. On the other hand, who says the trolls are all male? Huh, what if some of them just look male? I should maybe just put some female names as random character names...
Once I thought about making a "mother" class, who (virtually) makes sex and produces minions - small troll kids, little helpers... But it is more funny than really good idea :)
- jerule, I have removed all hut hidings except the boat (it is necessary for the boat to work), because they make trolls too well protected against physical attacks and everything except hunger. Especially when I made the "easy sleeping" - just near the hut, I decided all that improvements would harm the survival aspect of the game. Besides, hut hiding causes some bugs.
- hunter's den breeds some animals and is working fine enough... I should consider revising it, but not soon.
- "you said in the game that the inventor's recipe will increase" - and I haven done it yet, I know :(
- shaman's herb bug - are you sure you are doing it right? You should plant the herb, wait until it comes to full mana and then, BEFORE it withers (dies by losing health), you attack it. Then it drops 1-3 herbs of teh same type.
- about the site: truly I have not found the time to write proper guides, but if any of you guys does it for me - especially if you do it good, I will post it to this site: http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls/
It is small and simple, I know, but it could be good enough to give people some idea how to play.
Guides in English, Russian and German are welcome. I will read the text, correct some mistakes, if there are such ones, and step by step build an internet troll hut with you help :)
[email protected]

Okay Gadina, I commented on this map several versions ago and I must say I'm impressed for two big reasons.

The first: after many versions you continue to add more content and rebalance things.

The second (and biggest): After creating this map a long time ago, you are not only still working on the map, you're also listening to fans of the map (within reason). rep

I'll continue to look forward to the next versions (unless this is the last).

Level 1
Can't play this map anymore after the latest patch. It doesn't even show the player join boxes or whatever. Seems any map that has custom/colored names above teams and such don't work. Anyone else getting this problem?

Level 11
I'm gonna fix it one day, when I find a whole day free for that. Just hate normal WE bugs and having to fix made by Blizzard official ones really pisses me off :[

As for the updates, I have already done some work on version 3.0, but there is much more to be desired. In addition, still looking for someone to draw a good picture for the loading screen - the four trolls gathered around a firecamp... Or something like that.

Last edited:
Level 1
- female trolls! Also an old and good idea, but I have came to conclusion, that additional classes are not actually needed. On the other hand, who says the trolls are all male? Huh, what if some of them just look male? I should maybe just put some female names as random character names...
Once I thought about making a "mother" class, who (virtually) makes sex and produces minions - small troll kids, little helpers... But it is more funny than really good idea :)

I think this would be cool, like in wolf pack. When a troll dies, make it an option to take control of one of the troll kids, but still have the option of making pacts, etc.

Level 11
I... I am fascinated. It is wonderful! Thank you a lot - the trolls really did need that!
Desktop background - set!
I will use it gladly - if you allow me, with one plea - you must sign it in the corner!
As for the text field, it should be empty, for I would need to edit it a bit. But I will keep your name there, of course.
Thank you again!
This Sunday I should have the time to resume the work on version 3.0 - and to fix by the way the problem with WC3 1.24.

Level 3
I'd like to answer :)

- The Human quest is something I have always want to rebuild. And I always say "next time" :p

But could i have an unprotected version then pretty pwease? :cute: I won't upload it if you don't want me to i swear.

Level 1
When is it coming??

This Sunday I should have the time to resume the work on version 3.0 - and to fix by the way the problem with WC3 1.24.[/QUOTE]

Level 4
so did any one like my idea at all in page 7:hohum:
more idea's your way
Ideas::::::::don't make changes if it will add more lag. want your opinions
items like tower and boat and seige should be only usable if some one is inside like orc borrow.
you can make traps to protect home, fire and forge should be able to detect invincible things and increase sight range. baby animals should not be able to attack and have better speed.

and was wondering if wepons like gun and bow could have a casting time rather than cool down, since takes time to load a gun and bow.(or when you equip a weapon it becomes your attack option...

make boar the most common animal, and give him an ability to increase his speed or (charge, gore)

a trading boat that moves around and stops at specific posts (instead of tauren place) increase price of hides.

Noob mode since people die a lot and GIVE UP playing forever (mostly why game is not popular), basic stuff just easy mode but u start with fire and tent and food and coat. or just make heat and food less of a necessity.

Last edited:
Level 3
Can't play this map anymore after the latest patch. It doesn't even show the player join boxes or whatever. Seems any map that has custom/colored names above teams and such don't work. Anyone else getting this problem?

Yeah me too. I hope there will be an update or fix or something for the map soon. It's my favorite! :<

Level 11
Yes, there will be an update thanks to Meur who fixed the game code for me, so I can deal with the damned 1.24 patch and continue working on JTR 3.0.

co_oki, some of the things you require are actually done - bows and guns do have a small casting time, Boar is already the most common animal (more than 30 initially on the map, as I remember).
Don't worry. I collect every idea I like and am able to fulfil and write it down in a txt file - and while editing, I make things accordingly how urgent they are.

Level 1
What's with progress? When we can see this nice map? Christmass and New Year are gone already, but there is no map :(

Level 11
Almost done:
Basic gameplay changes and improvements - 99% ready (left only to make frogs breed).
Basic Quests - 9 of 10 quests ready and working, need to be tested (left only to make the tenth).
Advanced Quests - only the Boss animals ready and working. Additional quests I hope will be added in next versions.
Loading screen - ready to be attached to map.

I really sorry for the fans and that I couldn't make in time promised... But I hope it will be worth the waiting.

Last edited:
Level 2
there is a realy serious bug: it is not possibile to revive becasue the sprit is not alowed as a target of the revive spell! (so the only way to revive is to sell ur soul do the devil wih is realy expensive^^)

Level 1
Everyone should know / have played this map. It's highly entertaining and deserves at least one shot. It's an experience you'll look forward to repeat once you've get the hang of it. There are so many nice things I want to say about this map, it makes me want to stab my hands to stop typing...Now, I won't spoil anything, just try it out guys! It's got my "seal of approval", I recommend it! *thumbs' up ; rates 5/5 ; Gives Rep ; Stabs hand*

Level 4
dont take this personal but why would u need an engine for a boat, u could just make a raft with wood and rope or just oar to move the boat.....

this just a suggestion

Level 2
Well actualy i would prefer to get a boat without an inventor. But maybe the normal boat has no inventory so everyone can travel but the boat with inventory is the upgraded version that needs an engine or something.

PS: Buying a new soul does not work either so reviving is a HUNGE problem right now... hope its easy to fix

Last edited:
Level 11
Trollish God damn it!
Yes, it is easy to fix. Until then play a few more.
Please all of you don't be too mad at me - I was hurrying to finish the map with all the changes and there was no time for proper test. I was testing things only after making them, but all the triggers and objects in game are so complex bound to each other, that it is difficult even for me to upgrade something without screwing something else.
Once I even deleted a string which meant nothing to me and I thought it was left over from some old non working function - but actually it was part of some unlogical strange system of functions I made in order to avoid using up a variable for sleeping - I made it long ago and I forgot about it. So I needed to open an old version to restore it, giving up to learn how exactly I made it work - however, it works well :p
I'm telling you this, hoping you will be patient enough. Such bugs are easy to fix and I need just someone to discover them.

Level 1
Few problems I've found on the new map:

The '-noall' command is availible to anyone not just the host, same with the '-nosmall' command.
The 'Plenty mode' is like skipping the non-laggy part.
I was told by an opponent that the pirahnas saw him through his hunters sneak.

Good map even with the faults. :cool:

Level 11
As for the bug report for being unable to buy new soul deed: please try buying the thing while staying CLOSE to the Tauren Merchant (in 800 range). This is made for avoiding some exploits with buying from distance by enemy troll who also controls the merchant.
There were additional bugs reported. Report more, if there are any.
Version 3.1 with the bug fixes - in saturday (16.01.2010).

Level 2
I actualy did stand right in front of the merchant...

Edit: now i know what the problem is: player 1 has to be close to the merchant than everyone can buy the soul wehere ever he is but only if player 1 is near the merchant...

the frog quest and the poison quest: if 1 of these quests is activated the other text is told by the old troll
might be a litle bug^^

Some Ideas:
-Remote Mines should work on Animals as well would be more realistic
-I think an engine should be buyabile so its a litle easyer to get a boat. mb it could be only enabeled in easy mode or something
-i dont know why but if i plant seeds only 1 of 2 plants actualy grows any herbs. if it has tobe that way mb increase the number of grown plants a litle because sometimes u dont even get the number back u planted.

anyway: realy GREAT work!

Last edited: