• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
hi Gadina Proketla,
i am just passing by, and i want to thank you for the credits...
i am A.Dominion, i would love to try your map and see your trigger, but right now i can't install War3 because it seems it doesn't like Vista OS. if i ever get a Xp computer or succeed in installing it, i will happily join your game, and start mapmaking again since i allready have many projects and ideas for other maps.

Level 1
I found a little bugs->
Sometimes team 1 see on map team 2 building s (that part of map haven't been scouted yet)

Next thing is that shaman can blink to hill near bear boss (left down corner of map) and build there.(i haven't tested that in vers 2.4, so it can be fixed now ...)

Jungle Trolls Reborn RULES!

Level 9
to Lovec_sk

-Enemy base vision: this bug is not so little, and rather old)

-About blinking to the hill: it's not bug, it was made expressly. =)
It's correct as nobody but shaman can get to there. Also, animals and resourses won't be spawned there (as heroes without blink can't get them).

Level 1
best map ever :p.

btw , the pets are very strange :O , would like to see an improvement in there... most of them are somewhat useless and the "baby" system is strange as well...

It almost looks like you only get pets to use the Shaman Herb Rain Farm to make them grow fast and kill them to get food , bone , hides or use them as so so warriors... Otherwise they are quite useless unless you get an Alligator / Bear.

Also it would be nice if the monsters respawned like in the original jungletroll tribes... Maybe on areas far from the Base of Trolls they could respawn after 2-3 days. Some type of detection system :p.

Also another thing that would be nice is if they created babies and put eggs even after they have evolved to level 3-4 , like a " baby skill " that has a cd of x seconds or something like that.

I am willing to see Bird Pet / Spider Pet / more animals pets :p.

also why its so hard to make arrows?

birds don't drop bones...
animals don't drop feather...
and you need to get wood also...

so you need to hunt three types of things to get resources for your arrows , while the inventor only need flints / oils.

on the original jungle troll tribes it was a lot better , birds dropped feather and bones and they dropped 2 feathers I think , so the bow was a lot more usable.

also bones aren't that infinite , so maybe you should consider making birds drop bone or arrows being able to be made from fish bones.

instead of needing to create mass racoon with shaman herb farm to get enough bones :O.

Last edited:
Level 1
I found an easy to fix bug, I accidently netted my self :xxd: (used the hunter's net on him) and I couldn't move for enough time for a bear to killed me :slp: .Please fix this bug.Thank you :)

BTW what is Cauldron?

Cauldron is the item you make on Shaman Hut , it makes many funny items :p.

Level 1
hello im newbie player in this map, and i think this maps is rocks, but still i hate if other player use map hack so they can survive better...:(:(

when other version release?sorry my english is bad..:(:(

i hope we can upgrade building more futuristic, so our troll have gun/ bazooka....lolz

Level 1
Brings a tear to my eye that I can't play on battlenet.
Would very much like to enjoy this with some others.

Level 1
Гадиная я очень благодарен тебе за доработку этой карты!
Надеюсь ты еще выпустишь новые версии добавив пару классовых квестов.
Зы: Судя по нику Гадина ты из России.

Level 6
Гадиная я очень благодарен тебе за доработку этой карты!
Надеюсь ты еще выпустишь новые версии добавив пару классовых квестов.
Зы: Судя по нику Гадина ты из России.

Well, he is Bulgarian, and so am I, he's not Russian.But I still understand what you meant ,there are similar Bulgarian and Russian words ,but please note that there are two different countries and languages!

Level 1
Well, he is Bulgarian, and so am I, he's not Russian.But I still understand what you meant ,there are similar Bulgarian and Russian words ,but please note that there are two different countries and languages!
Im sorry.
Bud this map werry good! Thanks gadina_prokleta.
Ps: Плохо знаю английский язык.

Level 1
hello I'm new here...
but I have played this map for a long time...
recently I find a JTR map version 2.6...
is that an original map or fake one...
because in Hive it is still version 2.4...
I'm a little bit confused...

Level 1
so.. I look today this version of Jungle Trolls Reborn 2.6: Already deleted from epics..
this is fake, cause there are many cheats like teleport, fingerofdeath and other things with resources etc. in Jass script.. also map unprotected, but scripts are hidden before full unprotecting... (in triggers)

-allyourbasearebelongtous :)

Last edited:
Level 11
Thank all of you, guys, for your support! There will be Reborn 2.5, but there is time needed. There are so many things to be fixed, I just need to gather the courage to start it. Lately I have few time and I haven't played the 2.4 version of the map even 1% of the time needed to make it. Anyway I will find the mana to continue it for you. Thank you again!

Level 6
Thank all of you, guys, for your support! There will be Reborn 2.5, but there is time needed. There are so many things to be fixed, I just need to gather the courage to start it. Lately I have few time and I haven't played the 2.4 version of the map even 1% of the time needed to make it. Anyway I will find the mana to continue it for you. Thank you again!

We're all glad to hear that :)

Level 2
gadina_prokleta is a genius. Sorry, it's rare I find an active map maker whose map I love!! Personally I'm a shaman, and have been since 2.0. I absolutely love JTR, and I've gotten my friends addicted to it. I've been practicing so I can play all alone vs my friends, I'm getting there...I can pull it off on action mode, because they're not all that action mode literate...if that makes sense. Well I'm rambling, but to reiterate I LOVE JTR!!!!! A new version would be sheer bliss.

I've read most of the comments, others I've skimmed and I have to say an FFAish style mode of JTR would be kickass. Of course only amazing players could pull it off thus it would be like pro mode -pro. I know you said this game doesn't have time for both survival and delicate diplomacy, that it would be too challenging, but that made me want to play a version like that all the more :cry: In any case...Jungle Trolls Reborn is a way for my friends and I to enhance our survivalism and teamwork, not to mention we've spent many hours entertained by this constantly challenging masterpiece! 5/5!!!

Level 4
This map is so great.
As long as there's a lot of players spending the resources, there's really no lag issues.
The fire camp can be revived using the repair hammer, as well as planted herbs can be healed (thus really to no benefit) but there are no real exploitable flaws as well as i have found.

By the way, how did you make that awesome stacking system?
Is it dynamic, or did you make a stacking trigger for each and every item?
I've been trying to make a system that only stacks items of a specific type, but i just can't seem to make it work.

Level 11
Argh, I thought I fixed that firecamp to NOT be fixable :]
By the way, there are bugs, some of them - not harmless. Some I cannot solve, some - maybe I will in next versions. Every game has its bugs and I am not a programmer, nor someone payed for creating games. Though I love trolls, so I will try and try, whenever I have the time, to make this game better :)
I have not invented the stacking system, but I can export the trigger and send it to you: [[email protected]]

Level 2
Gadina_Prokleta, I must thank you. My friends and I have stopped playing Warcraft for nearly....6 months now I believe. This new version has us completely re-addicted.

5/5...still!

Level 3
Where has got to Dire Troll? For me it one of the most important heroes in jtr … Return pls it it delivered enough big game interest. And if you it вставиш back add to it at least craft an awning, a fire, etc. i.e. the most primitive things and then for it it will be very interesting to play =)

Level 1
Wow! This is my absolute favorite Warcraft 3 map (and I believe one of the very best), I play this all the time with friends. Amazing to see its still being updated. Thank you Gadina for making such an amazing map and good luck with whatever other maps and projects you work on.

Level 1
Wow another update, Gadina your a beast. I can only think of a very few ways to improve this game. I personally always play as a shaman but I have had some experience with the other classes. I think the shamans sarbacane is vastly underpowered. When the games gone on for a longer time its just completely useless and the venom is better spent for almost anything else. Maybe allow the shaman to upgrade the sarbacane into something magical? A special property of any kind would be great. Besides for that (which isnt a big deal at all, the spellbooks are more than enough for a fight) everything seems balanced.

Level 8
Small bug report.

In the description to pick the shaman class,
It only makes note that the Shaman starts out with a spell book, not a staff.

Tinder,
You can't use it to burn and keep your fire going, even though it says it is a burnable object.

With the hunters pet, Wild Boar, you can't feed it bone,
Even though on the chart it says bone + 9 to growth. That might be with all animals though,
I'd check that out.

Level 1
I still have Icons I edited a while ago for this, Ill post em some time this week if you want to use them in the next version.

They are like fixing the borders around fire, and attack / defense.

Level 1
gadina_prokleta: dear friend.. you should put the single player mode with AI npc in your map... somone agree with me? and congrats i love your map! ;)

Level 1
wouldn't that be extremely difficult? Unless you trigger it to give the AI extra health, and level them up AND disable heat / energy / and health loss on them.

Possible but unlikely.

Level 1
i mean. hem you in single player mode, why you dont have some npc dont have to be the Heros just units you give them orders..... to build "give they the required itens, or you build yourself", hunt animals, ambush animals "throw the net at", order to attack the other tribes,
eat food, sleep... defend the tribe, follow you, Gather itens

just like this

-order Gather

-order defend home

-order follow me

-order to sleep

-order to eat

-order hunt animal

-order build __ "insert the name of the building"

-order ambush.

-order attack. this will require a lot of trigger work :(

eat, and sleep should be auto orders

we going need to make Npc to control the other tribes. i said what im want, if everyone disgree i aint saying nothing about this anymore.

"there here much people who dont have the original game.... "

Level 11
It would be a long work for nothing. The best part of the game is to find out how to defeat the enemy players - if at least two of them know how to play, it is hard enough. Even the most cleverly programmed NPC could be cheated easily in this game.

I have considered though remaking the "Human Intruders" quest which could be something like that. Since a long time the main tester Dark_Angel is yelling at me for doing everything else, except rebuilding the quests :]
But agree with me, that bugfixes and gameplay improvements are more important than expanding the game.

Xianith, send me these icons. I will see what I can use. And... thank you.

________
PS. Where the hell is Dire Troll description left? Cannot find it.

Last edited:
Level 2
I found something like bug (big scary one) - you can˙t enchant wand/staff whit any arcanum book.
I also think that when you enchant wand/staff you shoud be able to cast spell whenever you like (for some mana) and shoud give the player ability to attack air.
In everything else you rule...

Level 4
Should we or some one create a fan site for the game or....a clan or some way to advertise this game, and keep it in one place so its easy to find games:mwahaha:

btw clan kok3 bot plays jungle tribes the pub name is jtr

Level 1
Should we or some one create a fan site for the game or....a clan or some way to advertise this game, and keep it in one place so its easy to find games:mwahaha:

btw clan kok3 bot plays jungle tribes the pub name is jtr

Have to agree whit him, i love this map, but its hard to find good ppl to play it, now at eurobattle.net there are some ppl that play it there, but most of the ppl like to play it solo if u know what i mean ... and that sucks this is supose to be a team game.

Having a site or even just a forum for it, a clan for it would be rly nice for the jungle troll fans

Level 3
One of the most awesome maps ever but gadina prokleta could you please make a version with one or more of the following:

:fp:Humans randomly invading or passing trough the jungle :pal:
:fp:A female troll class like Gatherer or something. :ab:
:fp:A shapeshift spell/potion for the shaman :nemor:
:fp: A class who can chop tree (could be the Gatherer)

Mostly i would like the female troll class because that would make the tribes seem more realistic (unless they are all gay...)

If you can't/won't make this then may i please have an unprotected version of the map so i can make those changes myself? I won't upload it if you don't want me to but i would be very happy if i could play with the changes i mentioned with my friends. :thumbs_up:

Level 1
ahm.. excuse me.. but i don't know if it's a bug or what.. why does the trolls cannot hide at the trolls hut anymore?... [hunter's tent for hunter] if you please.. can you fix that prob?.. it's hard to survive when my enemy tribe cast the longest winter...... thanks in advance...

warrior can cut trees!.. hunter can also cut trees.. just make a lvl 2,3 or 4 axe for warrior and lvl 2 or 3 for hunter..

i am a hunter in this game.. my friends play it when i force them.. XD
i love this game.. you know.. i also like being alone.. being alone is cool.. doing all the stuff to make yourself alive.. [a very interesting one] FFA is not advisable.. but making a command like "-solo" can help.. just suggesting.. [following up the trolls hut and hunters hut]

-hunter's den should not breed a dog and hawk.. it should be a place where your tamed animals to be placed[or trained]..
[sensor trap is very helpful.. can be upgraded to kill.. lolx]

hmm... you said in the game that the inventor's recipe will increase..

-shaman's herb bug!!.. after you plant it.. you will not earn anything.. that suckx...
[[email protected]]

Last edited:
Level 1
One of the most awesome maps ever but gadina prokleta could you please make a version with one or more of the following:

:fp:Humans randomly invading or passing trough the jungle :pal:
:fp:A female troll class like Gatherer or something. :ab:
:fp:A shapeshift spell/potion for the shaman :nemor:
:fp: A class who can chop tree (could be the Gatherer)

Mostly i would like the female troll class because that would make the tribes seem more realistic (unless they are all gay...)

If you can't/won't make this then may i please have an unprotected version of the map so i can make those changes myself? I won't upload it if you don't want me to but i would be very happy if i could play with the changes i mentioned with my friends. :thumbs_up:

think of these.. if you and your friends[with a girl] are trapped in a lost island.. you're starving to death.. [need to hunt first!]
do you think you can have sex with a girl in that situation?.. [when night come.. you need to have your rest]

Level 3
think of these.. if you and your friends[with a girl] are trapped in a lost island.. you're starving to death.. [need to hunt first!]
do you think you can have sex with a girl in that situation?.. [when night come.. you need to have your rest]

I don't want to have a female troll just so i can imagine her getting banged... :eekani: if i would want to see that i wouldnt play Warcraft... :bored: no no no i am talking about realistic tribe life. :hohum: Normally the men hunts and the women gather fruits and herbs and takes care of the camp. It's just unrealistic if there is no women.:confused:

Level 11
I'd like to answer :)

- The Human quest is something I have always want to rebuild. And I always say "next time" :p
- female trolls! Also an old and good idea, but I have came to conclusion, that additional classes are not actually needed. On the other hand, who says the trolls are all male? Huh, what if some of them just look male? I should maybe just put some female names as random character names...
Once I thought about making a "mother" class, who (virtually) makes sex and produces minions - small troll kids, little helpers... But it is more funny than really good idea :)
- jerule, I have removed all hut hidings except the boat (it is necessary for the boat to work), because they make trolls too well protected against physical attacks and everything except hunger. Especially when I made the "easy sleeping" - just near the hut, I decided all that improvements would harm the survival aspect of the game. Besides, hut hiding causes some bugs.
- hunter's den breeds some animals and is working fine enough... I should consider revising it, but not soon.
- "you said in the game that the inventor's recipe will increase" - and I haven done it yet, I know :(
- shaman's herb bug - are you sure you are doing it right? You should plant the herb, wait until it comes to full mana and then, BEFORE it withers (dies by losing health), you attack it. Then it drops 1-3 herbs of teh same type.
- about the site: truly I have not found the time to write proper guides, but if any of you guys does it for me - especially if you do it good, I will post it to this site: http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls/
It is small and simple, I know, but it could be good enough to give people some idea how to play.
Guides in English, Russian and German are welcome. I will read the text, correct some mistakes, if there are such ones, and step by step build an internet troll hut with you help :)
[email protected]

Level 1
First of all thanks for cool map, second i was emailing you but probably mailbox rejected messages. Anyway bring back Dire Troll. I dont know why did you remove him but if it was because hes too strong than make him weaker but do not remove(and tbh hes not noob troll). Also make small changes in game info etc to reflect current changes like plague should last for full time not start again right after finish or ingame descriptions(like remove hide ability from huts).

Add more events also, imo game really needs those.

Level 1
bring back dire troll dude, maybe just rebalance him, max item level for him 2 or 1 and hes good to come back

fix small bugs like double berry trees, description bugs(still syas that u can hide in huts), plague and malaria reappearing(just make them last longer not reappear every time), etc

increase mana stone spawn ratio by a bit because right now its just fight for mana stones wich is kinda dumb

add more quests - will make game better

make hard mode harder :grin:

btw. my comments are dissapearing, some asshole with mod priviledges is removing them what a looser probably i killed him in game and he wants some revenge :thumbs_up::grin:

Level 1
so you removed the "hide" thing.. if you really removed it.. please change the description on the hut's or camp.. just for the new "players" of the game.. so they will not ask: why can't i hide inside the blah blah blah.. [sorry for my poor English]

-about the herb.. i planted it.. and the other step's is followed. but i can't get the herb.. hmm.. come to think of it.. i played shaman only 3 times.. as i said i am a hunter.. maybe i just out of luck when i choose shaman.. ^^

-about the "girl troll".. you said you will make name for girl's.. but to think of it.. that will make them look gay.. a troll pretending to be a girl.. how about the muscle?.. haha [talking to myself]

-the "mother" troll also.. they can gather fruits and herbs. its okay. but to protect the base?. they're not suited for that job.. [just sharing my ideas]

-if you have time.. why don't you put a second job for every class?
e.g you are an inventor right?. next to inventor can be troll thinker. hunter will be trapper. warrior to soldier. shaman to wizard.. hehe

Level 1
Regarding making the game more realistic by adding a female class. I have a couple class ideas in my mind.

-Witch; The Witch would be an intell class that replaces the Offensive Shaman, which I hope if this class was added that the Shaman would be redone to be more support based. This Troll Hero would be demonic based and offensive. This class would have three unique abilities along with the standard sprint.

Sacraficial Aura - This Toggle Spell would drain X MP and X HP per second its active but add Y to the Health, Mana, Food and Heat of nearby allies for each second its active.
Banish - This ability would be very similar to the standard Wc3 Blood Mage's spell. Slowing Movement Speed and making the target immune to physical damage while making them more vulnerable to spells for X duration. (Different name recommended since Totem has an ability named this.)
Sprint - Same as it is.
Trance - This spell would act as the Witch's Sleep ability. What makes this spell different than other Sleep spells that it could also be used on other trolls as well. (Not really needed, bit overpowered. Also it'd be advised to make this spell only work on trolls to avoid the exploit of using it on animals to gain mana.)

This Witch's Class Building would be the Witches' Ward, suggest the Tauren Totem building model. It would be able to construct Runes which would be the Witch's version of spellbooks. The Ward would also be able to redeem Devil Pacts just as the Tauren Merchant is able to, for I would imagine would come at a high cost. Also the Ward would be able to make Demonic Idols or Statues (not sure which it's called). Maybe be able to make a food production building that rivals the cauldron, a building that uses herbs to spice up meats to give it extra benefits. One more idea would be an item that could be created by the redeemed Devil Pact to make an item that would allow one charge of the God Totem's Banish.

The Witch's Class Crafting would be focused on making use of poisons, bones and raw meat.

-Dancer; An exile from the Great Land of Lorderon, this human woman has joined a tribe of trolls in hope to learn the basics of living in this harsh wilderness. This would be the Newb Class replacing the Ol' Dire Troll, The Dancer's Basic Crafting Menu's Recipes would be 'Unresearched' until the Dancer uses its 'Study' ability on an enemy or allied structure to unlock it. Like the Dire troll would have no Class Building.

Study - This ability unlocks troll buildings for the Dancer, allowing her to construct the building from the Basic Crafting Menu.
Scream - An AoE Stun with a low range that allows the Dancer to escape from harm.
Sprint - Same as it is.
Sleep - Same as it is.

The Hero would have the Class Crafting Menu consisting of Herb Seeds, Level 1 and 2 Fur Clothing, Bone Dagger and Rope.

(Why I called the class Dancer.. Idk)