• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 20
hey dude i just found out an awesome icon and i got an awesome idea for it!!
the idea is based from a game called League of Legends and i have been playing that game for 2-3 months...
there is a champion in that game that his is ultimate ability is called "Undying Rage"
and that ability makes him get hungry for blood (or something like that) and no matter how damage he takes...his health cannot drop below 1 !! ;D
(it's like forcing his self to stay alive and fight!!)
i think that would be a cool ability for your map!!
(but you should make the ability learnable when warrior reaches lvl 6 or higher to make it a bit balanced)

so here is the icon for the ability :
Undying Rage Icon

Level 20
Me sayz no, mon :)
Trollz will die and wormz will feed.
Thiz iz the law of the Jungle!
:p

ow come on man!! xD
it can be used as an escape ability (small duration)

anyway i have found something that might be useful:
to find what it is click here ;D

EDIT:
also another idea that you must implement!!
check out this model!! it's a firepit with a leather above it...
you can use this to protect the fire from rainy days!!
example. you put any type of leather in fire camp inventory and it switches to this model :D
did i mention that it's super easy to implement? :p

Last edited:
Level 3
ow come on man!! xD
i can be used as an escape ability (small duration)

anyway i have found something that might be useful:
to find what it is click here ;D

EDIT:
also another idea that you must implement!!
check out this model!! it's a firepit with a leather above it...
you can use this to protect the fire from rainy days!!
example. you put any type of leather in fire camp inventory and it switches to this model :D
did i mention that it's super easy to implement? :p

If that happens I demand the leather has a chance to set on fire... it would be funny that way :) (It also adds realism incase the fire gets too out of control

Rym

Rym

Level 3
for now, i just want the game stable and bugless as much as possible...

Level 2
I am wondering why the meat i cooked in the fire will have a large chance to disappear......
And there are too few animals i think?i am difficult to survive even with my friends......

ABM

ABM

Level 7
It's a torture! when the map would be released?

Well rejoice then BILBASIK !!
We worked a lot and very hard Gad and me after i given him the map some time ago...*
there was more bugs like always to work on....
then some new ideas were launched...
and i started implenting them...
then more test, more bug fix, more trigger cleaning.....

But today i gave Gad an optimised version, i changed some trigger to reduce lag...
all my to do list (bug fix, changelog, add on) have been done...

Gad has the map,
he will probably have to use vexorian optimiser to improve performance and protect...
he will probably need to review a little the trigger and tooltips to check if everything is ok...
so he probably has to work a little more on it...

But since the major work has been done, and most bugs fixed...
Release is pretty SOON !!!

TEASER:
New disease system//
Different Diseases can stack and can also transmit from one Troll to another.
Diseases: Malaria, Plague and Flu.

New buff//
Wet effect: increase heat loss, Wet effect is added when staying some time in water or when it rain.
(by -2 heat for normal weather and double heat loss in freezing weather)
Wet effect removed by Firecamp and Forge Heat Aura

New chat Command//
-taunt xx and -taunt
Send offensive message to chosen player or random enemy team.

New Items//
Sacrificial Dagger (used by shaman for dark ritual, drain a glass enemy Blood)
Voodoo Doll (when cursed with enemy blood enable the shaman to Torture him from distance)

New Animal and Ressource//
Jungle BeeHive (Jungle Bee) and Honey. Bee will swarm at any intruder who try to still their honey...
Changelog//
Starving buff use now the (Roar buff effect) and the Disease use the (Cursed buff effect) wich was used for Starving before.

and many more things to come, if you want to know more ---> http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls/

UPDATE
seems that we need to do some balance, and more test... so if all well tomorrow might be release...let's cross fingers.

UPDATE
Done the new Version is avaiable for download....
Waiting for Player Feedback, Suggestion and Bug Fix

Last edited:
Level 20
yeah the new version is available!! :thumbs_up:

bug report:
-when you place a building to be built (tent for example) and while it's being built, if you press the cancel button the buildings is destroyed and the item is lost!!

suggestions:
-when buying items from Tauren Merchant Shop make the resource placed in the inventory of the shop instead of placing them in the ground
-the bees that attack you when you steal honey is a very good idea!! but how about making the bees more realistic? ;p

*i will add more bug reports and suggestions soon ;p

Last edited:
Level 5
I love this game. its pretty challenging. The only thing i hate about it is when newbies die or quit for the 1st few minutes ^^

Level 11
Well, we know that and we will work on a major Expansion of the game which will generally improve the gameplay and make it more noob-friendly ;)
It will not be soon.
If there are no important bugs, expect next version in 1-3 months. And enjoy this one!

Last edited:

Rym

Rym

Level 3
Definitely will, This map is freakin' epic! Thanks guys for making this very high quality map.
no other map can beat Jungle Troll Reborn in this kind of genre. Keep it up guys!

Rym

Rym

Level 3
hmmm i dont know if this is intended or not but, do i really need to cut a tree just to tame a bird?

ABM

ABM

Level 7
hmmm i dont know if this is intended or not but, do i really need to cut a tree just to tame a bird?

hum you right, we should make tame ability target air too...
this will be done ^^

Level 20
man this game is so good!!
you should really make it more noob-friendly ;p
also how about adding a new hero? :D
anyway im checking atm for bugs to report...

EDIT:
so as i said i have found some bugs and suggestions :D
1) Tooltip Mistake
JTR%20Tooltip%20Mistake.bmp

2)It was a rainny day and there wasn't any weather effect o_O

3)How come only Trolls get the Wet effect?
maybe it would be more realistic if all creeps get it too (except fish etc.)

Last edited:

Rym

Rym

Level 3
wet effect really adds plenty of possibilities in game.
when its raining, does troll have any way to avoid the wet effect? like if you have your tent or any structures, you can stand near it (in a very close range) so you can avoid being wet. or even on the trees.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
wet effect really adds plenty of possibilities in game.
when its raining, does troll have any way to avoid the wet effect? like if you have your tent or any structures, you can stand near it (in a very close range) so you can avoid being wet. or even on the trees.

Well for now wet effect is negated by firecamp and Forge "heat aura", so as long as you stay near them you won't get wet...
But some more ideas are in though right now, for example boots that protect you from being wet in water and cloths that protect you from being wet when it rain...
the trigger don't work perfectly in latest version, so "heat aura" remove the wet effect but rain still add it every 2.5 sec, in next release all will work fine

2)It was a rainny day and there wasn't any weather effect o_O

3)How come only Trolls get the Wet effect?
maybe it would be more realistic if all creeps get it too (except fish etc.)

About Weather effect sometime it doesn't show, it depend on Game resolution,
but since lot of bugs occured after optimisation, maybe the weather effect of rain was affected...

About Making all animal wet, well i see your point in realism but i don't see how usefull that would be...
unless we decide that wet has a real effect on some of the animals, but alligator, frogs, fishes for example don't care about being wet, nor any animals suffer from cold or others effects...
so i am not sure about using group unit and buff wich would consume memory for something with no real purpose except eyes candy realism...
Unless wet have a real effect on animals i don't intend to do something about it...

I have also some ideas about firecamp, it is affected by rain, but i was thinking of making it affected by wind too....
So while windy weather maybe the fire would consume faster...I am not sure yet

Right now i am doing some drastic change into the map trigger, basically i am redoing every single trigger to merge them into a system wich will be more efficient and less memory consuming...
When done, we will start some test again, them there will be all tooltips and bug fix, and then maybe a new release...

There have been some nasty bugs reported.
There will be a bugfix version :(

For example, for crafting of Voodoo Doll you need tinder, linen cloth and blood - not mana stone (mistake in tooltip).

Well actually the Voodoo Doll needs Linen cloth and Tinder (that's all), then to enchant the Doll into a Cursed Voodoo Doll you need a sample of Blood from an enemy troll, and use it while you have the doll in your inventory.
(same as adding ammo for bow or guns.)
To get the Blood sample you need to use the Sacrificial dagger on an enemy (ritual of blood)....
When the Doll is complete (Cursed Voodoo Doll) you will be able to torture the owner of the Blood sample from anywhere in the map, but the doll have a limited number of charges before it is disintegrated by the evil power. Curse are random and the use of the doll have a cooldown.

Last edited:
Level 20
I have also some ideas about firecamp, it is affected by rain, but i was thinking of making it affected by wind too....
So while windy weather maybe the fire would consume faster...I am not sure yet

I like your idea!!
but wind doesn't always light off the fire...
sometimes fire is being "feed" by wind and it growns bigger...(i think xD)

also i think that rainy days should make fire consume faster!!
because if you think about it, rain doesn't put off the fire instantly...
so you could make the lifespan of fire 3 times shorter or something? :p

But some more ideas are in though right now, for example boots that protect you from being wet in water and cloths that protect you from being wet when it rain...

awesome idea man!!
when you say cloths that protect you from rain you mean something like this one?
(since i can't figure out how to hide pictures ill be using links :p)

Rym

Rym

Level 3
well, i use the wet effect immunity of the animals pretty well. specially at night. as a hunter, i often command them to get stuff on the watery area ^ ^.

oh and one thing. i guess goldtooth tribe have an oil advantage. not like the other three, the one on the south-west part of the map dont have any dangerous animal near it. upper left have alligator, upper right have alligator as well and the south east part have a wolf. but the south west part got a herb loving deer.. hehe

Level 2
3.8 Cauldron bug

Hi, i found a bug with cauldron when it is build without inventory slots, so it cant accept items (it shows the Insert food message only), i didnt test more but this is how i got it:

Clicked on Cauldron kit, build it on ground, when it still had 20% i placed Rotten meat there, it finished building after time, Boulion spawned next to it and then Cauldron was without slots..

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Hi, i found a bug with cauldron when it is build without inventory slots, so it cant accept items (it shows the Insert food message only), i didnt test more but this is how i got it:

Clicked on Cauldron kit, build it on ground, when it still had 20% i placed Rotten meat there, it finished building after time, Boulion spawned next to it and then Cauldron was without slots..

Hum, Well this need some investigation....
maybe i will need a condition to make the building accept item (like building finished construction)
thanks for the report...

I like your idea!!
but wind doesn't always light off the fire...
sometimes fire is being "feed" by wind and it growns bigger...(i think xD)

also i think that rainy days should make fire consume faster!!
because if you think about it, rain doesn't put off the fire instantly...
so you could make the lifespan of fire 3 times shorter or something? :p)

Well that's good,

Maybe i will use the wet effect...
as long as Firecamp has the wet effect on him it will loose life faster...(20% / x sec)

Maybe i will just trigger it (fire loose 20% life with smoke animation for 1 sec) every x sec

x = difficulty Timer for survival (easy 4 sec, normal 3 sec, hard 2 sec)

awesome idea man!!
when you say cloths that protect you from rain you mean something like this one?
(since i can't figure out how to hide pictures ill be using links :p)

Well i was thinking using the Lined piece of equipment as water proof (Boots and armors)

well, i use the wet effect immunity of the animals pretty well. specially at night. as a hunter, i often command them to get stuff on the watery area ^ ^.

oh and one thing. i guess goldtooth tribe have an oil advantage. not like the other three, the one on the south-west part of the map dont have any dangerous animal near it. upper left have alligator, upper right have alligator as well and the south east part have a wolf. but the south west part got a herb loving deer.. hehe

Well i must admit that i had the same thinking as yours, we will need to change a bit the south west oil geyser, it has a quicksand as protection, but it is true that alligator, pirahna or alligator, mosquito from north west and east is more annoying, especially since quicksand doesn't run after you....(we will think of a way to balance things)

Level 1
i played this map with my firend a lot but now its getting boring for us. Standard survival is easy for us so if we play we play to kill others, but we cant find any good players(actually we never lost so far) and pwning random noobs is boring
so if you play good plz let me know where do you play
if you play on garena add me (name jan0l id16024026)

another thing is the fact that game is super noob-unfriendly even games 2v4v4 sometimes could end with all enemies dying on their own
it would be really helpfull if you could implement some kind of help if not cut scene(they are annying most of the time) maby some sort of -help command displaying basics about hunger, heat, sleep, crafting, dangerous animals and so on; so they can at least survive first few days and maby craft an axe or boots. I found out that people dont really read tooltips

Level 3
Jan0l I play WC 3 East Username IcySpawn, I'm good... the best I've seen atleast
Though I agree we it does need a noob friendly mode I was thinking there are three spells (Modes in the pickers) There is a skill for each team that way if one team is a noob it won't help others that are better... so basicly it's something like this

Help Team 3
Gives team 3, one axe, 50 gold, 1 stone hut, four basic buildings

The problem with this is that red can abuse it to give it to their team... soo thats a problem

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Well.... doing a very complex and realist map style while making it very intuitive and noob friendly is a very hard task indeed...
We try to explain everything with short and precise tooltips...
There are or there was some help message for noob players (i have to check if there are still there)

We could add a short cinematic to explain the game basic...
- cinematic can be boring for good player since they already know everything
- i am not very good at making cinematic :p (i will have to train and learn to make a good one)

But i think this would be a good thing since most of retard people don't read :(

The cinematic will be selectable at game start (yes or no)
And players watching cinematic will follow a dummy troll wich will run accross the map and do action, while a text display what he is doing and the goal of the game...
If well done this can be really a good tutorial and a good plus to the map. (2 min tutorial might be enough for basics)

And / Or

We could Do a new Difficulty Level "Noob" , Where the survival check will go even slower (hunger,Sleep, Heat, etc.. go down slower)
and Where Player will Start with a building kit in addition to the item he get....
and Where animals will be easier (less damage and less health)

Rym

Rym

Level 3
hmmm, ill go for the cinematic tutorial. coz, giving noobs a building kit and a very easy mode wont help them adapt on the actual game mode.

Level 3
The problem with making a noob mode is what if one team is pro? that would just help them too not just the noob...

Level 3
Okay then how about an idea of Spear fishing? or maybe... when the trolls get to a level they can use +1 better weapons? After all if they are better they should be able to get better things... for the warrior when he is max level he gets this "Upgrade" Skill that turns any level four into level fives to make it better... though I'm pretty sure you wont take these two ideas

Level 3
So... I know!
Beserker - Killed 3 trolls gives you 3 damage
Crafter - Made 10 things gives you 1 int?
Something like that right?

Level 20
heyyyyyyy!! it's been a while since i posted a comment here lol...
so here is my idea in something new that i have learned!! (hidden :D)
so i have found this awesome model on hive and i have an idea...
it could be used as a new quest reciever!! (i mean somebody that you get your quests from)
since he has that troll axe and he looks tough he can be named "Slayer" or something..
and ofc it will give you quests to slay animals :D
for example...the aligators are increasing day by day and they our outnumbering us, go slay 5 aligators and bring me their leather!!
and when you get that quest you should make leather drop being dropped from every aligator no matter their size and also to add a "kill count" system so that way if you had 3 aligator leather from the start you wouldn't just get 2 more and finish the quest...

Rym

Rym

Level 3
Hmmm "Slayer" looks really tough. i guess that badass don't need any help on killing beasts of the jungle ^ ^

.... And speaking of beasts, the "rare beasts" adds a nice touch in the game and killing those dangerous (very dangerous) monsters and gaining their power is really rewarding and fun!
it will be more fun if we "add a NEW KIND of rare beast" in the game...

Since we only have "aggressive" rare beasts, why don't we add a very "elusive" one?

Beast's Characteristics:

- We will make it something like herbivore(which is often tends to run out of danger),
like a Gazelle maybe? (named like; White Gazelle, Mystical Gazelle, Swift Gazelle... something like that)
- Not like the 4 beasts that stay on their lair, it roams all around the jungle.
- You can only spot this rare beast at night and will vanish when the sun comes out.
- A quick and agile (i guess with a speed slightly slower than troll's "panic" ability) beast that will give our trolls
a hard time to catch on.
- With a "Stomp" ability that will greatly slowdown(attack and movement speed) the enemies around
and "Leap" (with a cooldown of 10-15 sec.) that will remove any movement impairing effect against him.

This not so harmful (will only attack if cornered) yet very dangerous beast (since you can only chase it at cold nights)
will give a nice addition to our "rare beasts". and killing him will also reward the lucky troll a "heart of the beast"
- the beast's power (from eating its heart) should be something like:
+movement speed, wider line of sight, or evade ability or something that will help the troll escape from danger

Last edited:
Level 20
hmmm "Slayer" looks really tough. i guess that badass don't need any help on killing beasts of the jungle ^ ^

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

ok then i got another idea for him!!
The aligators have eaten all of his troll family and now he is a loner, travelling from jungle to jungle seeking for revenge, if you help him kill 10 aligatos then he will join you and help you defeat the other trolls!!

better or worse idea? xD

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Hi Everyone

The Patch 3.9 is progressing well...

-Map Trigger
all Reworked for Ultra performance (still in GUI but should lag less)

-Tutorial Mode implented

-All Bugs Found Removed and Corrected

-Difficulty Setting Reworked
Easy/Normal/Hard now affect:
mana loss, life regen, Biosupport Timer, Animals life/damage/armor ...

-ScoreBoard (in progress)
Display:
Class Lvl, Job Lvl, Perks, Xp, Killed Beast, Eaten things, other infos...

-Perks (not done yet)

-Rare Beast Added
New Random rare breed can be encountered in the Jungle (little stronger than normal)

-Wolf Boss ability (eat troll) reworked
deal damage over time and spit back the troll after 22 sec (no longer infinite lock)

-Plants system reworked
plant can be harvested when full mana to get reagents (aria blossom, etc..)
but they don't die when harvested instead their mana become 0.
When plants die it has 50% chance to drop a seed. (seed can still be obtained in shaman hutt)

-Warrior Class reworked
Now the warrior has same panic ability as other Troll, Warrior still have the stomp...
Warrior Gain new ability (Mode Berserk/ Mode Tank)
In Berserk Mode +25% attack Speed -0.40 Life regen / sec
In Tank Mode +10% dodge +4 armor -10% damage

-Added SpellBook in Dissassemble Forge (except arcanum)

-Lined Boot protect from water and Lined Armor/FurCoat protect from Rain

-Disease Nerfed (especially Flu wich now will be called Fever)

-Other Minor change but i don't remember all :p

That's all folk
Hope to be ready soon for Release ^^

Level 3

Is there a normal mode?

Rym

Rym

Level 3
hmmm speaking of Mode...
why don't we put a mode for Hunters to switch from melee and range?
long range should have a distance limit. like if the hunter is in close range
he cant use range attacks so you need to switch to melee.

ABM

ABM

Level 7

Is there a normal mode?

Lol,
well no normal mode only Defense or Fury...
but well i might rethink that... don't know yet

About Berserk it changed to 25% attack speed and -4 armor (instead of life regen malus)

hmmm speaking of Mode...
why don't we put a mode for Hunters to switch from melee and range?
long range should have a distance limit. like if the hunter is in close range
he cant use range attacks so you need to switch to melee.

Well Ranged /non ranged mode is difficult to do because of acquisition range, right now you use your bow like a spell so it is ranged and there is a range limit, so there is no need to create a mode for that, especially since ranged attack use ammo.

Rym

Rym

Level 3
oooh i see..

but I think we can still have 1 more spell room.
I guess its not necessary to put the "buff" on a spell slot.(right side of "crafting")
coz you can already see the buff below the characters stat also it can only show one buff.
so we still have one more spell slot if needed. ^ ^

but hey, any feedback about my Rare Beast suggestion? hehe

Level 20
hey guys!!
i want to tell you something that bothers me...
there is no the point at creating resources in random points in map...

why?
if the 3 troll tribes are at the upper part of the map what's the point of spawning resources in the lower part?

huh?
my point is...
you should spawn resources at a random range between 0-3000 of every troll hero...

why do this?
spawning resources close to heroes will make it easier to search for resources...
also A.Dominion could come up with a super cool system that counts items in range of hero and if the counted items are greater than 30 (30-50 recommended) it won't spawn other items!!

i hope you take my idea into consideration :p

EDIT:
everybody in the channel Clan JTTR are retarted ffs!!
i joined there to find people to play and nobody was answering..
isn't there actually a channel where i can join and play JTR?
because you know if there isn't a place to find people to play this map there is no point updating it...

Last edited:
Level 3
Uhh.... make it easier.... sounds boring and they won't have the full feeling of exploring and 3000 range is really close

Someone should make a clan in east :) I would but I'd need to find people... I just hope people realize this is better then ITT... by far

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Ok i am quite tired :p
working too much on the map...

So, about rare beast ideas, i think it is a very nice idea...
i did some upgrade for old beast called elder wich will have only 10% chance to occure and drop special items...
the rare beast "running away boss idea" you mentionned is very interesting, and one way or another i will do something with it....

about spell slot in fact there is 2 "stumble upon" can be cleaned and buff add spot...
but i think i will keep the buff add spot and maybe tweak it a little to make it multibuff and statut display in spellbook (or maybe not, we will see)

the item in range is an idea, and it is good that you have many ideas ^^
but the system is fine as it is and i already made an item check that will prevent over drop of items in area where no one go...

The Warrior has been changed again:
Fury: 25% attack speed -0.50 life per sec
Tank: 24% damage resist -15% move speed

(crit bonus attack and block removed)

-New Score Screen Board Added
display kills (list of all killed things)
display meals (list of all eaten things)
display statuts (Attributs, Levels, Class, Perks)
display game (Weather, Day, infos)
display death (list of all death you die from)

Easy mode
animals -33% life -10% damage
Normal mode (no change)
Hard mode

animals +50% life +10% damage

well thats all for now... still lots of work to do....

Last edited:
Level 20
i have a lot of free time in weekends so i made an Item Count System as an example for you A.Dominion...
also the picture i included shows that items are created at random points, since i was at the lower part and the items in the upper part of the map...
except if you fixxed that in v3.9 so it's ok lol
oh and just to know...i used the "iseedeadpeople" cheat to get the pic :D

Someone should make a clan in east :) I would but I'd need to find people... I just hope people realize this is better then ITT... by far
i play on Northren(Europe) but if you want i can switch to Azeroth(U.S.East) if we try to create a clan and find people to play JTR :D
EDIT: I already made an account add me (xorkatoss),now im waiting for your word :)

offtopic:
i have learned how to use attachments, check it out ^.^

Attachments

• Count Items System.w3x
    10.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Items Random Spawn.JPG
    Items Random Spawn.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 761
Last edited:
Level 3
Well then we just need to find 8 other people in anycase...

I'm still wondering if there is a normal mode for the warrior? Oh yeah you should change spells for warriors to do when they are in the mode like
Beserker: Rage 50% Faster attackspeed 25% Movementspeed 50% more damage 100% more damage on the troll
Tank: Steel/Copper/Stone Skin Adds 25\15\5 armor and 200\100\50 HP Lowers movement by 30%\20%\10% (It uses the item that is listed)

Another thing I think that the Shaman should not be able to heal while in combat. They did rituals that they needed time and things. They should only be able to heal out of combat AND with herbs used... Though it should give the effects of the herbs used x2 and heal some HP.

Oh yeah and xorkatoss my username is the same as my Hive name lets see if we can make a clan and who will win in a 1v1 >:D

Level 20
Oh yeah and xorkatoss my username is the same as my Hive name lets see if we can make a clan and who will win in a 1v1 >:D

lol sure xD
but just to know...im not that good lol
i play JTR all the time alone and im having touble to survive without cheats xD
although i never tried 3vs3 or so we can play 1vs1
but you will probably win xD
although i will need 2-3 days to work on a tactic :D
btw we better talk from private messages instead of here :p