1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Jungle Troll - Altar of Blood

Submitted by Deolrin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
As requested by Kyrbi0.

Description:

A trollish altar, made by request for Kyrbi0.
Based on Altar of Kings. It is the first building I created.

The statue is supposed to represent Hakkar the Soulflayer, blood god of the Gurubashi trolls.

In order to make the Birth animation functional, you have to import the AltarOfBloodOrcBirth.mdx file which I attached at the first post(comment), and remove the "war3mapImported\" from its path in the Import Manager.

Portrait is included inside the model.

Animations:

Stand: Nothing interesting happens, the altar just stands there, there is small fire burning in the torches.

Stand Work: The cauldron is emitting bubbles, there is a bigger fire burning in the Torches.

Death: The building explodes, leaving just a couple of gray debris rocks.

Decay: The debris stays, there is smoke coming from it. Later, the smoke dissipates. The debris disappears at the end of the animation.

Birth: The base of the altar is showing all along, alongside with the basic Orc building Build\Birth animation. The whole model appears at the end of the animation.

Paths:

Models:
AltarOfBloodOrcBirth.mdx(remove the "war3mapImported\")
The path for the "AltarOfBlood.mdx" file does not matters.

Important:

Please give me credits for my work if you use it in your map. Do no redistribute this model to other sites. You may edit this model for your own purposes as long as you give me full credit.

Icon is also in the resource section.

Keywords:
Altar, Blood, God, Hakkar, Soulflayer, Troll, Jungle, Forest, Gurubashi, Voodoo, Wood, Wooden, Building, Deolrin, Debode, Unbanning.
Contents

Jungle Troll - Altar of Blood (Model)

Reviews
20:24, 9th May 2009 LiOneSS: Excellent model, and very useful too.
  1. Squidle

Squidle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look at the link of the discription...

First look then leave a reply.

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's actually the point. In my dissertation on existing Altars (so that I could accurately Request one for the Trolls), I came to realize that most of the current Altars have as their name something which isn't necessarily an obvious facet of each race.

i.e. Humans have the Altar of Kings. It's a very good portrayal of Human society, but not something obvious. The gold "King" statue ties it in (as well as the royal carpet and pillars.
    Orcs have Altar of Storms. "Storms"? Why not "War" or "Blood" or "Steel" or something like that? Because it's pointing more to their recent Shamanistic bent. The statue itself has the lightning along the back 2 pillars.
    Undead have Altar of Darkness... Alright, this is somewhat obvious. But it could've been "Altar of Blight", or "Altar of Death", or "Altar of the Dead", or "Altar of Evil"... etc etc etc. Not obvious, and the Altar itself doesn't actually have anything "darkness" related (other than the texture). (an interesting thing to note is the stairs; instead of going up, they appear to be going down, instead, underneat the statue. Catacombs, anyone? :p)
    Naga have Altar of Depths, which is even more obvious. Bleh, you can't win 'em all.
    Night Elf is best of all; "Altar of Elders"?? How in the world... First thought is "Altar of Nature", or "Altar of the Forest", or "Altar of Druidism", or anything like that... But no, this point more to the idea that Night Elves, with their (now-gone) immortality and longevity, will of course have lots of old people. Old people are wise, and because of this their society must of course put a lot of respect and value towards the wisdom of people who've attained such an old age. Again, the Altar itself really doesn't scream "ELDER" to me; just a golden statue of some random robed person.

~~~

All of this was why I chose to make it "Altar of Blood", not "Altar of Da Jungle" or "Altar of Voodoo", and not fill the Altar with blood (cauldron of blood, blood on the altar, sacrificial table in the middle, bloody runes, bloody SFX, etc). The Blood God Hakkar is a dark and unfortunate time in Jungle Troll history; a time in which they were really having hard times, and turned to the wrong source of power. Even though they "vanquished" him and freed themselves from his blood taint, he would still be a huge part of their culture, and thus architecture. They don't necessarily worship him anymore (at least, they shouldn't :p), but it's just an inescapable part of Jungle Troll tribal history.

That, and it's really cool. xD
    Thanks again, deolrin; amazing model and a nigh-perfect fulfill-ance of my request.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nice:thumbs_up:
    +10 Lore Points

4. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm just waiting for this to be the next Island Troll Tribes building. :D

It's da BOMB.

5. cosmicat

cosmicat

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is...great! Fantastic! Good work, deolrin!

6. asam3

asam3

Resources:
    Resources:
    really looks naga-ish... and if you turned it into the skeleton one it'll look undead-ish.

anyway good job.

7. DeadZero

DeadZero

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just because you made this I think I'm going to make a whole new balanced race, trolls and try playing as it against a computor and stuff, might even add it to THW. If I do you will get plenty of credit! Aneyway, 5/5

8. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks great, very useful 5/5

9. Lord Damned

Lord Damned

Resources:
    Resources:
    Best fit for my dragon race 4/5

10. LvL100EtC

LvL100EtC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks dude, now my Troll Race would be improved. 5/5

11. harooooo

harooooo

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good model, i like it. 5/5 from me. I hope u make more troll buildings

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh, I think he will... : )

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh, I think he will... :p

14. Goblintrain

Goblintrain

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not sure if i just made an import error, but the portrait mdl doesn't look right. How was that part of the bundle supposed to be used anyway?

15. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah, I'm not sure, because it's been do long, but I do believe the "Portrait" is actually the birth animation. You should change its path to:
    "AltarOfBloodOrcBirth.mdx"