• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.4

Reactions: Blasterixx
Journey Through Twisted Meadows
v4.4 by Opex 10/30/23

Welcome Heroes, this time to the realm of the Twisted Meadows! Some strange anomalies have bestowed the meadows and it is your job to seek out who and what is causing it. Medivh summons you, the Heroes, here to investigate. But before you do, it is required that you become much stronger before you can face the culprit. You begin your journey through the Twisted Meadows, facing powerful creeps on the way towards the Naga encampment, the Night Elves, the Undead, the Human, and finally the Orc. Stay clear of the Elite Heroes! They are very powerful and will fight if provoked! There will be many plot twists late game with some excellent cinematics, tough gameplay, unique style, and many secret areas to access and experience.

This is a very difficult and very long game, averaging 5 hours to complete (up to 8 hours solo!). There is so much to do in this game, I know you will enjoy :) There are many hidden paths that can be accessed by using your dog, an ability, destroying a crate/ destructible/ unit, a completed quest opening a new path, or all of the above. These paths can lead to treasure/ loot/ and powerful foes.

Journey Through Twisted Meadows is an ongoing project. I have been developing this map for awhile and take pride in not only the project - but the process. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I want to develop the best game experience possible. This is now a full version release as of 10/30/23, but I may over the coming months be adding to the game play, balance changes, etc. Version 4.4 may be a true and FINAL release. Please leave a review and let me know any bugs/ issues/ advice :)

v4.4 Now easier than ever before! With more gold and no more stat losses, JTTM is now easier for all difficulty settings/ hero combinations!
Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.2 Movie Preview:
Change log:

4.4 changelog:

- Mercenary Camp (Novice) now has an accurate desription
- Granite Golem now costs 0 food (obtainable by Merc Camp)
- Many sounds/ music have been added
-Theodore is now neutral until being obtained by player
-Builder's buildings now have accurate hotkeys
-Faster build time for all towers
-Some cinematics have changed slightly
-Opex's Holy Life Steal now has 3 levels (10%, 15%, 20%)
-Twilight's Healing Aura now has 2 levels (1%, 2%)

v4.3 changelog

-95% of all enemies in the meadows have been buffed
-New tower from Builder (Master) - Elite Cold Tower
-Fragile Guard Tower buffed
-Elite Chaos Tower buffed
-Added Granite Golem to Mercenary Camp (Novice)
-Fixed Icon from Night Elf quest not showing up
-All trees are now invulnerable
-Stingray's Infernal spell now only has 250 range (to avoid finding late game items)
-Serathil is now 2500 lumber cost (from 2750) and slight nerf to bash (from 8% chance to 6%)
-Ring of Archmagi and Arcane Scroll added to beginning creep area
-New units - Ultimate Skeletal Warrior + Ultimate Skeletal Mage (Gul'dan's area)
v4.2 changelog​

-Added periodical income
-Heroes now have abilities preselected after each level up
-Fixed Heroes having extra ability points that were unusable
-Now when hero dies, it no longer loses permanent stats
-Fixed heroes having extra unusable ability points
-Eredor Diabolist now fight along Maiev and the Night Elves
-Fixed bug where Igrok and Rune could not return the Wormhole gem to the Lost Marine
-Nerfed Opex (Tier 1) abilities from 3 levels skip to 4

v4.1 Change Log​

-Rune T3 no longer invisible on classic graphics
-Rune's Blink ability now has been replaced with Ultimate Polar Shield
-Rune T3 has significantly increased mana and mana regeneration
-Rune's Ultimate Mana Shield is now fixed
-Ultimate Demon Kaiser Form cooldown from 40 -> 60 seconds
-Rune now added to cheats (he was added to most, now updated added to all)
-Tooltips fixed on all Rune's abilities
-All playable heroes now have no spell animation or wait time (this makes the gameplay much smoother, but the downside is no spell animation)
-Fixed waygate going from the late game Gul'dan side quest back to base
-Lowered Kil'Jaeden's HP 7M->5M
-Greatly lowered duration of Divine Shield for Kil'Jaeden
-New hardcore mode available which increases all enemies HP by 5x and base attack by 3x for the remainder of the game
-New easy mode available which decreases the HP and normal attack of all enemies by 1/2 for the remainder of the game
-Tier 2 and 3 checkpoint codes are now written in the command menu
JTTM v4.0

-New fully playable Hero - Rune (Non selectable with Hero's Soul at beginning, must switch your picked hero with Rune)
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden armor from 7500 -> 3000
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden HP from 10M -> 7M
-Buffed Kil'Jaeden's base damage to 2M
-Buffed Gul'dan's base damage to 1M
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden's Divine Shield to shorter duration and longer cooldown
-Increased price of Potion of Divinity 600G -> 2L
-Zoomed out final Kil'Jaeden camera to have him in the shot (classic graphics fix)
-Buffed Blazefury's base attack slightly as well as attack speed
-New timer on limit when to use the checkpoint codes or switch out a Hero for Rune
-Fixed Eredor Diabolist from fighting Maiev's camp
-Fixed Lady Vashj camp from triggering Maiev's camp
-Many bug fixes
-Both Gul'dan and Kil'Jaeden are now defeatable again

251490-b39b5d2bd5e33b39eb94c3b1a4ba7d61.jpg
Contents

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.4 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules. Approved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I just want the map to be put in hands of players.
Then, don't delete previous versions and update the first one.
What's not to understand?
I don't understand the fate part. You can mock or love it all you want. That's your opinion. Not mine.
Map reviewers decide whether a map is to be set to rejected (when it is insulting, has racist content, is stolen etc.), substandard (when its quality is low, or being pretty much nothing new, a copy of something else uploaded before) or approved (when the map is of quality, is fun, doesn't break any rules).

Level 5
What is the problem with the previous versions? This is the up to date version. I also got a lot of shit when I posted many times, now I skip 10 versions and there's a problem? Why can't I just upload a map without getting so much hate. I am not giving any hate or problems toward you or anyone else. I post a map - hate. Why is this? I deleted previous versions I do not want anyone to play (bug ridden, etc). I come back with a much more polished game - hate. Just relax it is all fine. I have no agenda to do any harm to anyone else. I want a decent map in the hands of players. Everything else we are talking about does not matter to me.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What is the problem with the previous versions?
The sole problem is the deletion of a map thread with all its feedback, then starting another map thread with the same map (technically a newer version but not a totally different map).
There's no hate. You are taking this personally refusing to understand what we are writing to you.
You don't have to delete a whole map thread if the map is buggy. You are to update it and replace the map with a bug free like so
editMapThread.png
editMapThread02.png
Everything else we are talking about does not matter to me.
This is the problem. You are refusing to listen to our advice and consequently break the rules.

Level 5
Look, I did not delete previous versions to get a head start on this. I basically got bullied out of this site months ago. I am not here to play games. I am here to give a polished map to people. I am not here to delete anything. I will delete only on the basis of people treating me with disrespect or as if I work for them for free. I am not here to delete for a better score or any other reason. I took my map elsewhere because of people on this site, not because scores. I can careless about opinions online. Care less. I am not taking anything personally, it is others opinions. I am truly trying to figure out the angle of why you need the previous versions up. I don't care for it one way or the other. I don't care if I ever get 1 review or if they all are bad. Care less. I only care about this map being accessed and enjoyed. I'm not here to cater to anyone, I'm not here to give anyone a bad time. I'm not here to play games. I'm in my mid 30s and behave like an adult. I personally think you and others care about scores and feedback much more than I do. That is why I don't understand why I keep hearing about previous versions, no one is playing those. If I skip 10 versions again and come back (without deleting this) I'm sure there will be another member offended and crying about something that does not matter at all. Please guys, understand I am not here to give problems. Stop treating me like I am here causing any problems - because evidence proves I am not. I am not refusing to listen, I am here asking questions and explaining my point so we have communication. I am not avoiding talking and understanding. I am here. Start treating me as such.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Look, I did not delete previous versions to get a head start on this. I basically got bullied out of this site months ago. I am not here to play games. I am here to give a polished map to people. I am not here to delete anything. I will delete only on the basis of people treating me with disrespect or as if I work for them for free. I am not here to delete for a better score or any other reason. I took my map elsewhere because of people on this site, not because scores. I can careless about opinions online. Care less. I am not taking anything personally, it is others opinions. I am truly trying to figure out the angle of why you need the previous versions up. I don't care for it one way or the other. I don't care if I ever get 1 review or if they all are bad. Care less. I only care about this map being accessed and enjoyed. I'm not here to cater to anyone, I'm not here to give anyone a bad time. I'm not here to play games. I'm in my mid 30s and behave like an adult. I personally think you and others care about scores and feedback much more than I do. That is why I don't understand why I keep hearing about previous versions, no one is playing those. If I skip 10 versions again and come back (without deleting this) I'm sure there will be another member offended and crying about something that does not matter at all. Please guys, understand I am not here to give problems. Stop treating me like I am here causing any problems - because evidence proves I am not. I am not refusing to listen, I am here asking questions and explaining my point so we have communication. I am not avoiding talking and understanding. I am here. Start treating me as such.
I'm sorry. We have a staff department (https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/) you should contact if/when you feel treated unfairly. Acting emotional, doing what you did, coming back and expecting to be treated as nothing happened, is not fair to us.

Please stop repeating the same thing over and over again and try to understand instead.

Again, if your map will not be seen as being of good quality it will be set to substandard. This site is not a map dump. You've got feedback on your previous version. This one might be better but the fact that you deleted the previous version basically means censorship.
A new map version=/=new map. This is what I want you to understand, hence why I linked those images so you could update your map instead of deleting it and making a new thread for it.

Level 5
Doing what I did? You aren't listening. I got bullied out of the site. Hoped to come back and not get bullied. So because I deleted my map, I'm the bad guy... backwards world. I'm trying to understand you, but it is what it is if you aren't trying to understand me. Just because I deleted a map does not make me your enemy. I am not causing you or anyone else any problems. No problems yet you and others are quick to shove me deleting previous versions down my throat. I explained the problem. I am not here doing anything wrong. Stop pretending I am. The maps are deleted, am I gonna never hear the end of it? I deleted them because i didn't want to keep getting BULLIED. Not for any other reason. If you are gonna give me shit about it, it is really unfair. Bully someone out of the site who got perpetually bullied out of the site a few months ago. But no I'm the bad guy....

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Doing what I did? You aren't listening. I got bullied out of the site. Hoped to come back and not get bullied.
This is an internet site, not a school, workplace. I am really not following you on this. You wrote you're an adult. Act accordingly.
For the last time. There's the staff contact to use in case of mistreatment and whatnot.
I did not say you are an enemy. I am asking you to follow the rules, not delete map threads unless you want them to stay that way. But that doesn't mean you can choose to delete a map thread and make one for the same map.
All this can easily be fixed by asking the staff to clean the "insulting" posts in your other map thread and then undeleting it and updating it.

No one's bullying you. It's you perceiving it that way. We don't want censorship, hiding of feedback.
Imagine what this site would be if everyone could delete posts they didn't like on a whim. I'm referring to other people's posts because you can delete yours whenever.

I'm done here. @Ralle please.

Level 5
I am not trying to hide anything, there's nothing to hide. I told you why I left the site. I am not trying to hide anything. There is no nefarious agenda. I am here to upload a map and walk away. There's nothing else going on.

Level 6
I found out it was a site for contest and I didn't want to enroll in contest map making
the site is not for contest, while there are contests held here, its not the main focus, only a very niche amount of people who use the site, actually partake in contests

I got bullied out of the site.
who bullied you? did you bother to report them to staff?

i hope this map has been improved from the previous version, however given the video of v2.2

1. theres clear evidence you still have the unnatural looking floral doodad spam within the first and 2nd areas
2. you havent bothered to rename your narrator from medivh, and the elves with standard campaign heroes, this map is clearly not with in the wc3 lore, custom names should be added

remember there are map submission rules most of them adhere a basic quality standard held throughout the site
and by that standard your map(s) will be judged apon as is every one elses map(s) are, by any member of the site who bothers to play and give feedback to the map

and yes you should have updated your old threat with the edit button not delete it and make a new thread, there are actually site rules about deleting threads and making new ones of the same map file
Site rule #2 (you can find the Site rules easily by using the "start here" link in my signature below)

Level 5
Hey thanks for commenting. I thought it was a contest site because everyone wants me to make the map to their standard rather than what is intended. If it wasn't for contest, what the map is doesn't have to turn into the reviewers' map. It still remains Opex's map (as it will because I don't get paid by anyone to make it their way). Which is why I left the site because people on this site gave me shit for not making the map how they wanted.
1) The areas with "unnatural doodads" are meant and intended to be like this, despite how unnatural it is (it's a video game with spells and monsters, nothing is natural)
2) Bothered to rename? That's their names in the lore, arthas isn't going to have his name changed that would be stupid
I know about not deleting the map, there were no ill will or intention behind it, no plans to do it.
By the way to make things clear, I did not just delete and just start a new thread. I deleted with no Hope's to ever come back here. I came back due to the amount of people who Download maps from this site is a good number to put my map here. I did not do it for better reviews, clearly you guys won't give it a good review anyway. I just want my map more accessible to those who will enjoy the journey, maybe play with friends, it is a great map to make new friends too. I've made a lot of friends playing it with new people that I've never had before on any other map. You really learn positioning and timing when working with others, especially when 1 bad move by ally could could get everyone killed.

Last edited:
Level 6
(it's a video game with spells and monsters, nothing is natural)
a poor excuse for poor workmanship, remember that whole point of quality standard

2) Bothered to rename? That's their names in the lore, arthas isn't going to have his name changed that would be stupid
a lore that your map does NOT follow, therefor you should change your maps units(heros) to fit your maps own lore, other wise its seen as lazy copy paste heroes with no actual thought put into it, that quality standard thing again

their standard
not their standard, the sites standard, unless your perfectly fine with the map being substandard, in which case the map will get buried with all the other substandard maps and not shine among the good quality maps

Level 5
It is part of the warcraft lore. It isn't lazy. I do not want to make up new characters, I want the ones we all know and love. After the thousands of hours I spent on this map and thousands more to come, if I thought it was better quality to change names or doodads I would. The things you mentioned are meant to be this way, not out of laziness. I do not want to change these things, you do. I'm open to suggestions and changes, however these things you've mentioned are for your preference of what you want the map to be, not for what it is meant to be from the mind of the creator. You can give your low score and criteria for it, but it doesn't change what I want for the future of this map. The things brought to my attention are addressed, but won't be changed unless it's a mutual desire to be.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have been browsing both the old map and this one and I see that you have received negative
feedback, but nothing that can be considered outright "bullying".
Feedback can be both positive and negative, you have to expect people to point out the things
they dislike about your map when posting them. However, you have to keep in mind that suggestions
are suggestions, not a "demand".
Nobody forces you to change the map, however, at the same time you cannot expect people to
appreciate your work when they do not like the way you created it.
If you have a problem with a particular user or feel that you are treated unfairly by that user,
reviewer or not, please use the https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/ so that
the staff can intervene appropriately.

Regarding the reviewing process of this map:
We want people to use the edit button when they update their work/their post. We also want to
avoid people "censoring" justified feedback - I am not implying that you did that here purposefully,
but this is the reason why the rule exists.
We will not review a map that is being re-submitted but we offer you to merge with the original map
and then bring it back to public view so people could download, play and comment on it.

Until you reply, and tell how you wish to continue, I am setting this to Awaiting Update.

Level 5
Thanks, you are 4th person to point this out. The bullying thing is just from people on the site telling me I'm lazy and wrong for not making it the way they want it. It isn't their map to tell me how they want. If they don't like it that's fine, make a review and leave it be. Don't patronize me into making every detail how you guys want it done. Obviously if I did do that these people would give a slightly higher review but I'm not here for reviews I'm here to give people access to the map to play. I upload a map and everyone comes out of the woodwork to give me a hard time. I'm not here to appease everyone I'm only here to upload a map, and walk away. I only care about the access of this map into the hands of players. That is it.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
As I said, you are free to upload your map and you decide which changes are to be made.
However, submitting your map here, using the Hive to present your map, also means that you
are obliged to also follow the rules of the Hive and the Map Section.
As I said, it is required to merge the old map with this new one. We offer you to do that
so that the map follows the Hive's rules again. Then it can be given a proper review.

Level 5
I have never tried to not follow the rules. It was not my intention to give anyone problems. It is clear to me months ago no one wants me here. I come back not 1 person said welcome back. Nope straight to 4-5 people coming to me to patronize me for deleting my map from the site. So far not 1 review from anyone, just patronizing. Ok well what do you want me to do? I have no idea how to do anything on this site. My plan is just to upload once in a blue moon, but I have the feeling just like a few months ago, every time I do I'm gonna get patronized.
I asked someone how to delete my maps months ago because I didn't have a clue how to.

Level 21
- just saw 2 bloodfiends i feared this when you mentioned archimonde as a boss, your tips say to stack armor in order survive chaos dmg ignores all armor, and is a primary reason why players dont normally go for stacking armor cause eventually you will encounter chaos in a dungeon crawler (my fears were right theres chaos all over the place armor does nothing)
this is an age old myth, it simply says "Chaos attacks do full damage to all armor types."
-blizz created chaos damage to have a way of dealing damage to divine armor beings (cenarius vs grom in wcROC original campaign) it still gets reduced by the armor value, just not its type.

Now for the map, i think the glaring issue lies in the amount of combat complexity, since it becomes a right click fiesta quickly.
But that counts for many maps and for a laid back little fun this is just fine.

Although i'd really implement a hero selection in the beginning and take DrakPanda's bug fixes into account.
This is just to polish the map.

Level 5
Hello. I really like games like this. I played solo and picked Arren and the archer. I got to the humans and when i reached 100 lvl i got tier 3 only for the archer. Arren stayed on tier 2 even though he reached lvl 100 as well. As a result it was unplayble and i quit the game.

Level 5
Wow thank you for this info! I did fix it in v2.6 but I have not released it yet. Sorry for that bug, you can type in the code for tier 3 (-tier3cphugate) and it *should* give you tier 3 Arren as well, or you can be a different color than pink he will properly prestige, or you can change characters if it doesn't work with Arren in v2.5. Arthas' right hand is also too powerful in 2.5, I wasn't able to beat her until I nerfed her in v2.6. V2.6 should be out in a couple weeks.

Level 5
Wow thank you for this info! I did fix it in v2.6 but I have not released it yet. Sorry for that bug, you can type in the code for tier 3 (-tier3cphugate) and it *should* give you tier 3 Arren as well, or you can be a different color than pink he will properly prestige, or you can change characters if it doesn't work with Arren in v2.5. Arthas' right hand is also too powerful in 2.5, I wasn't able to beat her until I nerfed her in v2.6. V2.6 should be out in a couple weeks.

Well. I had a 2nd go at it today with stingray and opex combo and unfortunatly it crashed again in tier 2... actually when i killed Illidan. That might have been my laptop though. I am not sure. I ll keep up the testing with several combos and i ll get back with more when i am sure about what happened in order to provide solid feedback. You did really good i think oveall. But i ll pull back the commentary as i want to give you a solid review.

Level 5
Thanks Againstallodds, I've been waiting for someone to review it properly. V2.6 current bug fixes: The Pink t3 pitlord fix, cutscenes modified, many floating texts will be cinematic transmission instead, pathing blockers added around Kil'Jaeden (would be able to use summons/ walkthrough the volcanoes), increased Bounty Hunter reward for red drake egg, made blue drake even more buffed, nerfed Anya Eversong, fixed witch camp trigger from south of bandit camp (finally after like 10 tries I have permanent fix), camera angles adjusted, new trigger to turn timed tooltips off, adjusted spells for many heroes and units, many reward changes for kill, lower cooldowns on tier 2 (i didn't want to do this but the majority of people prefer me to), and more coming in the Kil'Jaeden Arc including his revival and the true story of medivh's plan (and his use of arthas and you heroes). If anything else you find I would greatly appreciate it. I do not want to send out v2.6 prematurely.

Level 5
Thanks Againstallodds, I've been waiting for someone to review it properly. V2.6 current bug fixes: The Pink t3 pitlord fix, cutscenes modified, many floating texts will be cinematic transmission instead, pathing blockers added around Kil'Jaeden (would be able to use summons/ walkthrough the volcanoes), increased Bounty Hunter reward for red drake egg, made blue drake even more buffed, nerfed Anya Eversong, fixed witch camp trigger from south of bandit camp (finally after like 10 tries I have permanent fix), camera angles adjusted, new trigger to turn timed tooltips off, adjusted spells for many heroes and units, many reward changes for kill, lower cooldowns on tier 2 (i didn't want to do this but the majority of people prefer me to), and more coming in the Kil'Jaeden Arc including his revival and the true story of medivh's plan (and his use of arthas and you heroes). If anything else you find I would greatly appreciate it. I do not want to send out v2.6 prematurely.

1st of all i need to point out that i aint no expert of shorts. I am just persistant and i have a lot of time. So i ll do my best to help you as much as i can

Level 5
So i finished the map with The archer-Paladin combo as a singlemode player. I really liked the whole thing. Opex really did a very good job and put a good effort to create a co-op map (that can be played as singlemode also) with interesting ideas and micro playing ( To be precise, micro is pretty important in the begging of the map). Game with a tactical approach (especially from tier 2 and forth) which is succesfull only through trial and error. I am looking forward to the additions of the author as it is implied that its unfinished. I tried to be objective considering what the author wanted to create and for his effort and result till now i reserve a vote of 4/5 stars. It is a work in progress i understand and i think it is only fair to support authors that are trying to give the community a decent map playable in both classic and reforged graphics.
#Spoiler alert
Following thoughts. Note that I am still playing classic graphics and these are my thoughts on the updated version. I Had a harder time at tier 2 and getting throught some of the hidden heroes like tinker-rexar was grueling. After that and tier 3 things became a lot easier and i got through Anya and Arthas conviencingly. The Gods fight seemed really weird in a way as we were all under a great threat and i would have assumed that it was going go another way. I was looking forward to a mayhem like everybody trying to survive and everyone attacking us at the same time. Anyhow...
I killed 2 of the heroes Panda and Mountain King and the portal opened so i moved forward to the venomancers. There i encountered a practical problem. I had gathered 50k lumber and was toped with items but what i really needed was stats. I could really sell items and exchange them for stats. Ofc i kept Spell immunity, lifesteal, gauntlets, evasion and bash. But in order to do that i had to stay like for hours to buy 500 million gold into tomes +5 stats... and i could only exhange 1 lumber into 10000 gold. So i would suggest bigger tomes like +100/ +1000 stats maybe? and wood exhange rates more options...
I killed Arthas and Anya for the 2nd time and Archimonde i cant kill him and he cant kill me.
Thats all Opex. I keep my rating as it was and that is 4/5. As i said i enjoyed the map you created, i reported what i felt was critical and i didnt focus on details.

Edit 24/6/2020 JTTW 3.0
Notice 1
: I encoutered a lot of issues trying to load the game. 1st time i tried game crushed, 2nd time it took like 6 min to load but i thought it is my lame laptop, 3rd time game loaded but all items info were not visible, 4th time i picked gaist and opex and i cant hear their voices. Something is going on with the triggers. Double check before you try to resolve any issues as it is possible that it could be my problem caused by a driver or anything really.
Notice 2: I saw tomes of +1 cost 2k (maybe you meant +10, 2k doesnt sound like value for money). I also noticed +3 intel item cost 100 gold but +6 cost 600 gold (which sound weird) and pendant of mana +150 mana cost 700 (there is no point buying the pendant with this money as +6 intel give you stats to intel heroes plus mana pool of 270 mana to all hereos). I would suggest to make items value for money. Not more not less. To achieve this goal, try to maintain throughout the game the same sense of purpose of the item. At what stage is this item valuable to the player? you ll know what to do.
You dont have to respond to everything i suggest as i will end up wasting your time. Just read them and consider some of them.
I 'll continue this update in small notes.
I finished the map with only Ruy as antoher fan suggested and i found it alot easier and boring.

Edit 3/7/2020 JTTW 3.1
Tomes of +100 still dont work. I play classic and i can verify twice now, tomes malfunction.
The gate for panda brewmaster didnt open.
I played Twilight and Opex and i encountered a problem when i picked up one of the auras before facing Arthas and Anya. I dont remember which one but the game slowed down as well as heroes movement speed. Dropping the items or reload-restart game didnt fix it. I also used the 3rd hero you provided (which came as a nice surprise)
I think there was something wrong with Opex 200lvl. I had 30000 agi on him and he was attacking slower than the prince (166lvl) with only 5000 agi.
Arena: some times when you finish, it doesnt allow you to exit. You just have to tp out (minor issue). when you die some times arena doesnt reset and when you enter again you encounter the enemy immidiately without notice.
After all these trials i would like to be able to skip dialogues and small cinematics with escape because i saw them enough times...
I quit when i killed the Gods, I would have spent 2 much time to buy tomes of +5.
Btw, I loved the mayhem there. Nice adjustment, now its much harder.
That's all i think.

Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks Againstallodds for the thorough feedback. I didn't realize til right now that you edited so I'm not sure how old your comment is. I uploaded v3.0 today with +100 tomes in shops but the tomes are much more expensive than previous versions. I am able to beat Kil'Jaeden rather easily with gaist and ryu (Look at my v2.9 walkthrough at the end of part 2). I am considering fighting all the gods at once as that would make much more sense than easily defeating one at a time, perhaps v3.1 it will be better experience. Also did you find the 2 Divine Claws? Before you kill Medivh you must go to where the ramp is to the last location, past the circle of power is divine claws (+350k damage). Then where the final hydralisks are on the top of the map there is the other divine claws. Now with both Kil'Jaeden is defeated easily (need 2x serathil too).

Level 5
Thanks Againstallodds for the thorough feedback. I didn't realize til right now that you edited so I'm not sure how old your comment is. I uploaded v3.0 today with +100 tomes in shops but the tomes are much more expensive than previous versions. I am able to beat Kil'Jaeden rather easily with gaist and ryu (Look at my v2.9 walkthrough at the end of part 2). I am considering fighting all the gods at once as that would make much more sense than easily defeating one at a time, perhaps v3.1 it will be better experience. Also did you find the 2 Divine Claws? Before you kill Medivh you must go to where the ramp is to the last location, past the circle of power is divine claws (+350k damage). Then where the final hydralisks are on the top of the map there is the other divine claws. Now with both Kil'Jaeden is defeated easily (need 2x serathil too).
Oh nice, a new update.
Didnt expect it to bbe honest. I thought you were done with it.
No i didnt find the divine claws. That was the item missing i guess. Thanx for the tomes adjustments as well.
Regarding "The fight with the Gods" what got me into thinking it over was the fact that i managed to escape (having killed only 2 of the gods).
So everything else i said was actually an afterthought. I am ok to play it as you have envisioned it. I am trying to provide valuable feedback to
you and this incident raises the question why the portal opens during the fight and not at the end?
I will give feedback editing my original review with further notes.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm still going to be working on the map in the coming months. I find bugs, new ideas, new enemies, new heroes, new items, new balance changes every day. Those divine claws should beat Kil'Jaeden in any Hero combo. When you kill Muridan (mountain king) the portal opens, but I could change it to fighting all at once and having defeat all to progress, but might be too difficult single player but I'll see. Until this map has 5 stars or close to it like it does on epicwar and w3reforged, it means it ain't good enough so I will be always tinkering with it to make the best possible experience (even though it got a 1 star rating here from the v1.0 and a 2 star rating from v1.5 and a 4 star rating from v2.7).

Last edited:
Level 12
Hi, i started playing the map, but i got stuck, after defeating the Night elves i had no idea where to go anymore, they didn't drop any key for the next gate, so what am i supposed to do now?

Level 5
Hey Blasterix. After killing the tree of eternity Medivh tells you to go back to base camp and go south to the gate and he will show you the way. This also should be in your quests menu. There is a full walkthrough on this page as well if you need help progressing. Also a quest ping of the exact location is pointed out after the Medivh scene.

Level 12
Hi, i finished playing the map, i played it solo, using only 1 hero (Ryu) even tho i was forced to pick 2 heroes to start the game and I played on classic graphics.

Bugs/Negatives

- Now i know why i didn't know where to go the first time (when i got stuck after killing the night elves), the text went so fast when Medivh was talking that i didn't manage to read what he said and not only that but the signal on the mini map vanished in like 10 seconds, so i didn't have time to check the mini map and pay attention since i was taking all the tomes/gold from the ground and finishing other buildings/mobs you know!

- Seems like Ryu tier 3 deals almost no damage versus air units, even tho i had 100k+ dmg and was killing every other unit on the ground with 1 shot, i think i had the same problem when i was fighting the harpies, i was doing soo little dmg vs them, must be some bug when attacking air your hero deals less dmg somehow.

- The tooltip for tome of agility (20 wood) is wrong it says 1 agility, instead of 100, and not only that but, when i try to buy it, it goes on the ground and cant pick it up with my hero, same happens with the str one (20 wood).

- The spells from the different races like for exemple the priest healing spell, seems to be the same from the melee games, as in healing like 20 hp per use and you can imagine what 20 hp heal does to units/heroes with 100k hp, yea... I suggest increasing all the spells from the units/heroes of the different races to match their humongous hp so they don't look so silly when they try to cast their puny spells.

- Blue drake (the one from the south part of the map) doesn't wanna fight and runs away when i hit him.

- It seems like in the end game the normal attacks and items become a bit too useless, and passives or some spells are pretty much the only way to deal damage to the enemies.

- It should go without saying that the terrain is horrible, i understand is better on reforged? well that sucks.

- And last thing, this is one of the worst things map makers could have done in their maps.... Making the final boss have lvl 3 divine shield with a short cooldown and on top of that making him have some huge regen passive like he had a super healing fountin on top of his head...ridiculous... I was so close to kill him but he always was getting his divine shield back and woopty doo back to full hp in 5 seconds we go, that is the very defintion of lame :D, in the end i choose to use "whosyourdaddy" and end it already, i was pissed, i was not gonna go and farm 500k more stats to be able to kill him in time (since dmg is pretty bad and i was only damaging him with my passive "Pulverize" anyway) ,such a shame..., i actually really enjoyed the map, especially at the beginning and mid-game, the late game was kinda weird, i noticed you didn't actually bother to put either new skins nor new spells for the final bosses like the gods or Kil'jaden, they just had their normal spells with maybe 1 new useless summoning spell, and all the gods had the same items as well, pretty bad to be honest, the end game after getting to tier 3 was a let down for me!

Positives:

- I liked the story, i think it was good, even tho i kinda predicted while playing that either i or Medivh were the ones behind the problem in the Meadows, and it turns out i was right, it was both of us actually, pretty funny.

- I liked the way heroes tier up during the adventure, tiering up/evolving is one of my favorite things in rpg/orpg maps.

- I liked the idea of the arena and the way you get to it, pretty unique i have to say.

- The items overall seemed alright, but i wish there were more of a variation or maybe some recipes in the later parts of the game, since in the late late game items from shops kinda became useless.

- I liked the way you hide all those secrets all over the map with gold/wood/tomes/etc, makes the map more interesting to scout and adventure into every single corner/place unscouted, some places seem to be kinda impossible to go tho with some heroes, even with blink, the only way to go to those places would be to summon units and tp to them, not sure this is intended or not.

- Even tho the spells of the main heroes we play as are kinda basic, i actually enjoyed playing with them, i think the classic war3 spells are amazing and unique and trying to work with them by evolving them like you did is still a good thing in my eyes!

- I liked the map overall, with all the mobs, all the different races with their own towns and dialogues, i kinda wonder who would have won if the races fought each other tho, maybe you can make a code for people who win the game that makes the different races be able to fight each other in a big arena or something, i think that would be cool.

Suggestions:

- Make some recipes with new shops hidden on the map for the late game where u can combine all the strongest items into some decent items for the end game. (even with that extra hidden item, the claws in the Kil'jaden area, i was still doing almost 0 damage to the boss, you can imagine now how useless those items must be).

- Reduce the passive healing from the last boss or take away his divine shield, those 2 things combined are very much bullshit!

- Increase the time of the signals on the mini map, they should stay at least 1 minute.

- Also increase the time for the text in the cutscenes so players have time to read every sentence.

- I noticed during the gameplay there is always night, is this intended? if not, would be nice to make it that the time actually flows and the day and night cycle works as normal.

- After i kill Medivh that place is getting swarmed with hydralisks, that seemed kinda weird in my opinion, since by that time players wanted to see the end goal already and not wanting to fight more of the same mobs all over again, especially not mobs with mega regen and ankhs, so i just skiped them and went straight to the boss, I suggest reducing their number at that part, that was pretty overkill to me.

Last words:

- Overall i enjoyed the map, even tho the last bits were kinda boring, i had a blast throughout the game! Thanks for creating this map and good luck with your future works! Keep up the Warcraft dream alive!

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm very impressed with your review skills. I greatly appreciate this feedback. I cannot wrap my head around you being able to beat it (almost) with just 1 hero, it is designed to always have two in combo to work together. The fact that you were able to just beat arthas with Ryu blows my mind. Your review is nicely detailed and I will work on updating in the coming weeks. The +100 stat tomes tooltips among many others will be addressed. Would be cool for me to know what's wrong with the terrain so I can tweak it. It seems to me if you played with a second hero the game would be far too easy, as I struggle using 2 heroes. Those secret spots you find items and tomes are on purpose. TP'ing to dogs/ summons/ other heroes to eventually get the Crown of Kings +50 or to find the guy who offers "-cheatcodes" or to fight the invisible creeps that lead to Ficticious Warpotion (Alchemist). Thanks again for a great review, Cheers.

Level 12
I'm very impressed with your review skills. I greatly appreciate this feedback. I cannot wrap my head around you being able to beat it (almost) with just 1 hero, it is designed to always have two in combo to work together. The fact that you were able to just beat arthas with Ryu blows my mind. Your review is nicely detailed and I will work on updating in the coming weeks. The +100 stat tomes tooltips among many others will be addressed. Would be cool for me to know what's wrong with the terrain so I can tweak it. It seems to me if you played with a second hero the game would be far too easy, as I struggle using 2 heroes. Those secret spots you find items and tomes are on purpose. TP'ing to dogs/ summons/ other heroes to eventually get the Crown of Kings +50 or to find the guy who offers "-cheatcodes" or to fight the invisible creeps that lead to Ficticious Warpotion (Alchemist). Thanks again for a great review, Cheers.

Oh interesting, yea after finishing the map i noticed i missed some hidden bosses/units, would be nice to make them more accessible for all heroes, even those without summons, anyway, i forgot to tell you about 1 more bug, is about the arena, sometimes when you fight in the arena and die at a level and join again and type -fight, it spawns the first boss + the previous boss that killed you (this is the bug i encountered), i have seen another one where when you die and keep spamming -fight lots of mobs can spawn and when you try to enter you get overwhelmed with mobs, i suggest making it in such a way that when players leave the arena, the arena should always refresh.

Level 12
Would be cool for me to know what's wrong with the terrain so I can tweak it
Simply put the terrain like i think you said in one of your tips has lots of invisible walls/objects that can block you and especially at the starting area where the murgul quest giver is, the terrain look super rough, like a super earthquake happened there :D, i suggest making it a bit smother.

Level 5
I did have triggers in place, but I can imagine them being faulty especially when spamming. I'll work on that. Well the terrain was suppose to be rocky in the beginning to convince the player there is something strange going here which we are here to investigate. I could slightly smooth it, but I like the increase of difficulty it has currently.

Level 12
I did have triggers in place, but I can imagine them being faulty especially when spamming. I'll work on that. Well the terrain was suppose to be rocky in the beginning to convince the player there is something strange going here which we are here to investigate. I could slightly smooth it, but I like the increase of difficulty it has currently.
Yea, its not such a big problem overall, since after that it gets better, and i just got another last thing to suggest, Introduce tomes from the main shops that give more stats like 1k stats, so players don't have to spam the little tomes for too much time when they got lots of gold/wood, same for the gold to wood and wood to gold exchanges, make some extra buttons to be able to exchange bigger amounts.

PS. if u are interested in watching a crazy youtuber and his friends play the map, and have a laugh i suggest watching this video, is pretty new, you might get some more feedback by watching it, u can even put it in the video category of your hive map info, will make more players try the map i believe.

So I played through it on classic graphics and its... interesting.

I mean there's a lot of good points and some bad and I want to give it a full review but I'm not sure if I have the time to give it the review it deserves lol.

On the one hand your ability to create a scaling level of damage/health that works is very impressive on the other some parts are just broken like when Medivh dies and all the Hydralisks spawn, that part is just not fun. The amount of times you wander into the wrong area exploring and get killed losing all your gold and attribute points... is not fun, it makes soft-locking the game quite easy if you're not overly cautious and sometimes trying to run away from enemies is just not possible.

I like the progression of the heroes and the sheer variation in enemies and areas, but the terrain could probably use a lot of work, and a bit of explanation for things like the elite heroes scattered about. I thought they'd be more important than just extra bosses.

The plot I found interesting although I saw the twist coming, but I enjoyed it nonetheless :)

Like I said this map deserves a comprehensive review which I don't know if I'll get round to making.

Level 5
I have been waititng for the final update as i reviewed this game in the early stages.
My original feedback was supposed to be helpful in the development of the game,
today i need to review it as a final map.
Overall i really liked the game as you know. This is the 5th time i am playing this.
Game is innovative and interesting. Its different in its own way. Everything is balanced better than i recall.
If you are able to understand where your priorities lie, you can navigate easily through the stages (in a fun competitive way)
You need to move back and forth and chose what to attack and when to attack it.
Sadly i think there's still a bag. Final battle with Kil'Jaeden i killed him several times in a raw. His ank inventory started to diminish but it stopped at 9.
So as it is a really time consuming game to play i just quit as i had accomplihed what i felt was necessesary to beat it.
I will give you your 5/5 review as i know that you created a really interesting game and you spent a lot of time trying
to make it better. Its still imperfect but everything is.
So thank you for this game. I hope you create more games in the future. Looking frw to it

Level 5
Thanks for playing it so much and updating your reviews! Kil'Jaeden has ankh of the gods which is 10 full revivals and his own special divine shield 3. I know the last battle is very long, but the feel is suppose to be of that he is simply invincible. I beat him last night (with holy guantlets x3, divine claws x2) with Twilight, Opex, Theodore and 2x hydralisks. Yeah it can be tough in terms of length of effort in time, but is doable. Opex can carry 2x the divine claws which gives 10 mil crits. Arren can bypass kil'jaeden's armor by cleaving an enemy hydralisk. which splashes him full damage. Those are just a couple ways you can beat him, ofc add bash on all 3 heroes then BAM (also with Twilight's summon juggernauts, juggs can bash him hard too), perma bash until each ankh dies before using divine shield. I hope you've seen the ending - it makes it all worth while :) Seeing the meadows restore to normal and having an old school feel of saving the world. If playing 4 player ofc Kil'Jaeden would be 100x easier and faster to kill. Cheers for continuing coming back to JTTM!

Level 5
Thanks for playing it so much and updating your reviews! Kil'Jaeden has ankh of the gods which is 10 full revivals and his own special divine shield 3. I know the last battle is very long, but the feel is suppose to be of that he is simply invincible. I beat him last night (with holy guantlets x3, divine claws x2) with Twilight, Opex, Theodore and 2x hydralisks. Yeah it can be tough in terms of length of effort in time, but is doable. Opex can carry 2x the divine claws which gives 10 mil crits. Arren can bypass kil'jaeden's armor by cleaving an enemy hydralisk. which splashes him full damage. Those are just a couple ways you can beat him, ofc add bash on all 3 heroes then BAM (also with Twilight's summon juggernauts, juggs can bash him hard too), perma bash until each ankh dies before using divine shield. I hope you've seen the ending - it makes it all worth while :) Seeing the meadows restore to normal and having an old school feel of saving the world. If playing 4 player ofc Kil'Jaeden would be 100x easier and faster to kill. Cheers for continuing coming back to JTTM!

Items or luck of bash was not the issue. I killed him 4 times in a row. 1st time he used the consumable so the ank count didnt diminish, i killed him second time and then ank count went from 10 to 9, killed him 2 more times in a row as he was perma bash the whole fight and ank counted stayed the same. I played the triple hero Noa, Arren, Theo.

So Medivh didn't drop the key after the naga base to get to the Night Elf base so I had to use Water Elementals to teleport past the gate. Also after the Undead the enemy power spike made it impossible to kill them. However on my way to the Human Base the Dark trolls aren't thick enough to teleport through so had to give up.

The punishment for dying is waaayy too steep and allows you soft lock the game waayy too easily especially when so many deaths are due to broken/frustrating mechanics. That's probably the biggest issue with this map is that a lot of mechanics and parts are just frustrating to the player and is the only source of difficulty. Another thing would be the unskippable cinematics but they're not too long so its not as big of an issue.