• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.4

Reactions: Blasterixx
Journey Through Twisted Meadows
v4.4 by Opex 10/30/23

Welcome Heroes, this time to the realm of the Twisted Meadows! Some strange anomalies have bestowed the meadows and it is your job to seek out who and what is causing it. Medivh summons you, the Heroes, here to investigate. But before you do, it is required that you become much stronger before you can face the culprit. You begin your journey through the Twisted Meadows, facing powerful creeps on the way towards the Naga encampment, the Night Elves, the Undead, the Human, and finally the Orc. Stay clear of the Elite Heroes! They are very powerful and will fight if provoked! There will be many plot twists late game with some excellent cinematics, tough gameplay, unique style, and many secret areas to access and experience.

This is a very difficult and very long game, averaging 5 hours to complete (up to 8 hours solo!). There is so much to do in this game, I know you will enjoy :) There are many hidden paths that can be accessed by using your dog, an ability, destroying a crate/ destructible/ unit, a completed quest opening a new path, or all of the above. These paths can lead to treasure/ loot/ and powerful foes.

Journey Through Twisted Meadows is an ongoing project. I have been developing this map for awhile and take pride in not only the project - but the process. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I want to develop the best game experience possible. This is now a full version release as of 10/30/23, but I may over the coming months be adding to the game play, balance changes, etc. Version 4.4 may be a true and FINAL release. Please leave a review and let me know any bugs/ issues/ advice :)

v4.4 Now easier than ever before! With more gold and no more stat losses, JTTM is now easier for all difficulty settings/ hero combinations!
Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.2 Movie Preview:
Change log:

4.4 changelog:

- Mercenary Camp (Novice) now has an accurate desription
- Granite Golem now costs 0 food (obtainable by Merc Camp)
- Many sounds/ music have been added
-Theodore is now neutral until being obtained by player
-Builder's buildings now have accurate hotkeys
-Faster build time for all towers
-Some cinematics have changed slightly
-Opex's Holy Life Steal now has 3 levels (10%, 15%, 20%)
-Twilight's Healing Aura now has 2 levels (1%, 2%)

v4.3 changelog

-95% of all enemies in the meadows have been buffed
-New tower from Builder (Master) - Elite Cold Tower
-Fragile Guard Tower buffed
-Elite Chaos Tower buffed
-Added Granite Golem to Mercenary Camp (Novice)
-Fixed Icon from Night Elf quest not showing up
-All trees are now invulnerable
-Stingray's Infernal spell now only has 250 range (to avoid finding late game items)
-Serathil is now 2500 lumber cost (from 2750) and slight nerf to bash (from 8% chance to 6%)
-Ring of Archmagi and Arcane Scroll added to beginning creep area
-New units - Ultimate Skeletal Warrior + Ultimate Skeletal Mage (Gul'dan's area)
v4.2 changelog​

-Added periodical income
-Heroes now have abilities preselected after each level up
-Fixed Heroes having extra ability points that were unusable
-Now when hero dies, it no longer loses permanent stats
-Fixed heroes having extra unusable ability points
-Eredor Diabolist now fight along Maiev and the Night Elves
-Fixed bug where Igrok and Rune could not return the Wormhole gem to the Lost Marine
-Nerfed Opex (Tier 1) abilities from 3 levels skip to 4

v4.1 Change Log​

-Rune T3 no longer invisible on classic graphics
-Rune's Blink ability now has been replaced with Ultimate Polar Shield
-Rune T3 has significantly increased mana and mana regeneration
-Rune's Ultimate Mana Shield is now fixed
-Ultimate Demon Kaiser Form cooldown from 40 -> 60 seconds
-Rune now added to cheats (he was added to most, now updated added to all)
-Tooltips fixed on all Rune's abilities
-All playable heroes now have no spell animation or wait time (this makes the gameplay much smoother, but the downside is no spell animation)
-Fixed waygate going from the late game Gul'dan side quest back to base
-Lowered Kil'Jaeden's HP 7M->5M
-Greatly lowered duration of Divine Shield for Kil'Jaeden
-New hardcore mode available which increases all enemies HP by 5x and base attack by 3x for the remainder of the game
-New easy mode available which decreases the HP and normal attack of all enemies by 1/2 for the remainder of the game
-Tier 2 and 3 checkpoint codes are now written in the command menu
JTTM v4.0

-New fully playable Hero - Rune (Non selectable with Hero's Soul at beginning, must switch your picked hero with Rune)
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden armor from 7500 -> 3000
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden HP from 10M -> 7M
-Buffed Kil'Jaeden's base damage to 2M
-Buffed Gul'dan's base damage to 1M
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden's Divine Shield to shorter duration and longer cooldown
-Increased price of Potion of Divinity 600G -> 2L
-Zoomed out final Kil'Jaeden camera to have him in the shot (classic graphics fix)
-Buffed Blazefury's base attack slightly as well as attack speed
-New timer on limit when to use the checkpoint codes or switch out a Hero for Rune
-Fixed Eredor Diabolist from fighting Maiev's camp
-Fixed Lady Vashj camp from triggering Maiev's camp
-Many bug fixes
-Both Gul'dan and Kil'Jaeden are now defeatable again

251490-b39b5d2bd5e33b39eb94c3b1a4ba7d61.jpg
Contents

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.4 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules. Approved.
Level 6
1. is the res stone suppose to not glow?
2. i really dont see how this is feesable with 1 player when game lists 1-4
further testing cant be completed playing solo, dying results in all your gold going away

Level 5
1. is the res stone suppose to not glow?
2. i really dont see how this is feesable with 1 player when game lists 1-4
further testing cant be completed playing solo, dying results in all your gold going away
Hey sorry you couldn't beat it solo. I can beat it solo but I made the map so I know how to :)
The map is easiest at 3/4 player but is doable 2 player with some skill and solo only if you are ready for a 5+ hour game.
I'm not sure why you are so concerned with it glowing, seeing how you don't ever use it yourself.

Level 6
The map is easiest at 3/4 player but is doable 2 player with some skill and solo only if you are ready for a 5+ hour game.

perhaps you would like to adjust your suggested players from 1-4 to 3-4 or full indicating its meant to be with that many people

I'm not sure why you are so concerned with it glowing, seeing how you don't ever use it yourself.

1. its a ressurection stone so of course i used it to revive
2. its meant to glow when active, check out the The Founding of Durotar campaign to see them in action

also when updating your map you may want to include a changelog here or patch notes people like to see that kind of information

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I mean, the glow for the stone is not a major issue, really. It is more of a gimmick.
For the amount of players, yes, you may want to adjust the number - especially when you add the coop tag to it.

From the screenshots I can tell that the terrain is going to need further improvements. It feels like it is too empty in some places and too overfilled with the same doodads in others. Try to bring a bit more variation.
We have terrain tutorials in the Tutorial Section if you need to learn more.
I do not think we have many for Reforged specifically yet but the tutorials for the classic Warcraft should help you here as well.

Level 5
I mean, the glow for the stone is not a major issue, really. It is more of a gimmick.
For the amount of players, yes, you may want to adjust the number - especially when you add the coop tag to it.

From the screenshots I can tell that the terrain is going to need further improvements. It feels like it is too empty in some places and too overfilled with the same doodads in others. Try to bring a bit more variation.
We have terrain tutorials in the Tutorial Section if you need to learn more.
I do not think we have many for Reforged specifically yet but the tutorials for the classic Warcraft should help you here as well.
Thanks for reply, screenshots are super old and need update. It looks much different in the latest version updated a minute ago.

Level 5
perhaps you would like to adjust your suggested players from 1-4 to 3-4 or full indicating its meant to be with that many people

1. its a ressurection stone so of course i used it to revive
2. its meant to glow when active, check out the The Founding of Durotar campaign to see them in action

also when updating your map you may want to include a changelog here or patch notes people like to see that kind of information
I added a glow effect, probably not the best, but its added. I changed it to 2-4 Suggested Players because I understand the level of difficulty of running it solo. I was thinking about patch notes maybe should start when finish v1.4. Also if you ever want to run it add me friends on reforged my name is 'EvoLvEdMinD' and always looking for help testing and improving.

Level 6
Also if you ever want to run it add me friends on reforged my name is 'EvoLvEdMinD' and always looking for help testing and improving.

sure i can give it a run with you to help with testing, but btw reforged uses bnet 2.0 the same system sc2 does, so if u want me to add you i would need your full battle tag, including the number, DM it to me if you want to share it

as far as i can tell adding freinds in beta cant be done yet but you can tab out and just use the app to add some one

Level 5
sure i can give it a run with you to help with testing, but btw reforged uses bnet 2.0 the same system sc2 does, so if u want me to add you i would need your full battle tag, including the number, DM it to me if you want to share it

as far as i can tell adding friends in beta cant be done yet but you can tab out and just use the app to add some one
I have a number of friends I made from reforged so far. Many have loved the map so much they had to add me for future quests and walk-through's. I did a test of solo last night and I was easily able to beat it with Stingray (the emerald color hero), he has excellent summons in early and mid-late stages to tank and can use his summon ability to access much more gold and special items throughout the map. He can become Kaiser Form at level 100 granting him have the ability to defeat Human solo. He also is the best hero to use orbs of corruption. Just need to always have high armor and good positioning. Do not fight 10 at a time, rather 1-3. It isn't an easy game - always at risk for death. I stress in timed tooltips often the importance of armor - because in melee everyone looks at armor as unimportant, these players die much easier and leave game in anger because of arrogance of not caring about armor. If you get 40 armor by sea witch, 200 armor by illidan, 300-400 by archimonde, etc you will win these areas easier. If you do not have 40 armor by sea witch - you cannot progress. I will do a full walkthrough with all areas as solo to help new players understand how to be successful solo. I also care very much about this map and hope you reconsider the 1 star review - I care for everyone's thoughts and I make adjustments to cater their needs above my own.

Level 6
I also care very much about this map and hope you reconsider the 1 star review
1. fix what shar dundred mentioned
2. give me some way of choosing my hero in game vs in lobby for theres no way to know what your getting into for each hero while in the lobby (loading screen info should also be in game)
3. put all relevant information like the death penalty and other stuff some where in the quest log or some where else readily available (IN GAME) for people to read (a pop up hint can be missed by people, no guarantee every one will see or read it)

and ill give it another run and update rating if my experience is better (may also give you a wall of text with bugs and other issues)

you changed it to 2-4 so solo is no longer an advisable idea however if you do want to push for solo possibility make sure all heroes are able to solo it, and make sure theres no money cheat being used (your screen shots clearly give this away with having 9999995 wood which you use as a greater currency than gold so there no way you would have said amount with less than 33% of the map explored) (9th screen shot)

Level 5
1. fix what shar dundred mentioned
2. give me some way of choosing my hero in game vs in lobby for theres no way to know what your getting into for each hero while in the lobby (loading screen info should also be in game)
3. put all relevant information like the death penalty and other stuff some where in the quest log or some where else readily available (IN GAME) for people to read (a pop up hint can be missed by people, no guarantee every one will see or read it)

and ill give it another run and update rating if my experience is better (may also give you a wall of text with bugs and other issues)

you changed it to 2-4 so solo is no longer an advisable idea however if you do want to push for solo possibility make sure all heroes are able to solo it, and make sure theres no money cheat being used (your screen shots clearly give this away with having 9999995 wood which you use as a greater currency than gold so there no way you would have said amount with less than 33% of the map explored) (9th screen shot)
Thanks #1 was fixed before he even quoted because he never played the game just looked at screenshots from last month (yes i need update screenshots with v1.4). #2 The in game choice would need me to rework 1000 triggers - which i would not be willing to do just yet for something I did not want. There is map description where it says which hero is which. It says it as well in load screen. If a person doesn't like their character - just like any other game they would pick another one next time they play. #3 I put death penalty info in v1.3 i think if its not there its definitely in v1.4, timed tooltips talk about it a few times as well if someone is too lazy to go into quests. Wait until v1.4 release before playing again for I have about 20 hours of work into the changes and grinds and bug fixes so far. I expect proper release on 1/10/20 which will give plenty of time to tweak and change and add.

Level 6
#2 The in game choice would need me to rework 1000 triggers - which i would not be willing to do just yet for something I did not want.

i would strongly advise making this change many RPG's have a system to pick thier hero once in game and is rather a norm when it comes to playing, blizzard even did it back in thier warchasers scenario
if not it will probly always be seen rather as a unused/forgotten feature

you also have Blizzard Entertainment set as the author along with your name, i suggest changing that as well

and in all honesty your screen shots dont look all that different from the current version, specificly the starting zone east of camp

Last edited:
Level 23
I am not a fan of maps using blizzard melee maps/altered versions of melee maps, since it takes away immersion if players have often seen that map in normal melee matches.

That being said, it is hard to take "DrakPanda" seriously. The 1 star he gave was given before reply #12 based on the author's last line in his comment, which means the 1 star was given based on feedback in #5 and #7, since #11 did not comment on the map at all. There is nothing in those 2 comments to justify a 1 star being given. The most informative post he writes in in #13. Sadly, instead of writing out the areas that could be improved in a neutral tone, that comment comes across as demanding areas be changed for the 1 star to be modified.

In a 1-5 star system, 1 and 5 should rarely be used since they represent the upper or lower limits. Since encouraging people is more effective than discouraging people, 5 star is probably used more often than it should, and that is understandable. But seriously, are there many examples of people (who are not trolls) giving maps 1 star rating? Unless there is some sort of plagiarism issue at play, 2 stars should be the minimum people rate for maps.

Additionally, this "DarkPanda" user has a history of writing hateful comments and then deleting those comments later...

Level 6
Additionally, this "DarkPanda" user has a history of writing hateful comments and then deleting those comments later...

opinions change such harsh words can become meaningless at times as the map progresses, last i want people to see when looking at a page is a comment where there are tons of things wrong while all that is no longer true

btw wheres your review of the map and rating? more people leaving ratings after reviewing a map would alter the total rating for the map so far im the only one

and im giving this another go come 1.4, im following the thread to make sure i know when its live

also reforged map, reforge beta, testing powers very limited, dev is working on map im not leaving my rating and walking away

Last edited:
Level 5
i would strongly advise making this change many RPG's have a system to pick thier hero once in game and is rather a norm when it comes to playing, blizzard even did it back in thier warchasers scenario
if not it will probly always be seen rather as a unused/forgotten feature

you also have Blizzard Entertainment set as the author along with your name, i suggest changing that as well

and in all honesty your screen shots dont look all that different from the current version, specificly the starting zone east of camp
Yeah v1.4 has many changes including everything you've stated here except for reworking months of triggers. The hero pick will not be available for a LONG time so don't expect it in the next month. This is an RPG, roles are crucial and made specifically. I will consider a 5th hero in the future but that is so long in the future as well. The first area you talk about not looking different - well it is. different terrain and trees and creatures and drops and areas have all been reworked in v1.3 with additional adds in v1.4. The map currently takes 5+ hours solo and 3+ when team up with friends. The screenshots were all from early to mid december, as I have added over 10k doodads since v1.1

I am not a fan of maps using blizzard melee maps/altered versions of melee maps, since it takes away immersion if players have often seen that map in normal melee matches.

That being said, it is hard to take "DrakPanda" seriously. The 1 star he gave was given before reply #12 based on the author's last line in his comment, which means the 1 star was given based on feedback in #5 and #7, since #11 did not comment on the map at all. There is nothing in those 2 comments to justify a 1 star being given. The most informative post he writes in in #13. Sadly, instead of writing out the areas that could be improved in a neutral tone, that comment comes across as demanding areas be changed for the 1 star to be modified.

In a 1-5 star system, 1 and 5 should rarely be used since they represent the upper or lower limits. Since encouraging people is more effective than discouraging people, 5 star is probably used more often than it should, and that is understandable. But seriously, are there many examples of people (who are not trolls) giving maps 1 star rating? Unless there is some sort of plagiarism issue at play, 2 stars should be the minimum people rate for maps.

Thanks for that feedback - I knew they were trolling me with 1 star review I'm not delusional. But it is what it is when they look at me as competition rather than friendly map makers. The map is clearly not 1 star - the harshest I can see would be 3* but I would give it 4* as not a complete work but rather still work in progress that is 100% playable and winnable using various strategies and possibilities. I have had people play til end with me saying it's by far their new favorite map after 20 years of warcraft. Now that might not be everyone's response - but let's be objective and not so subjective. Take the map as is and give thorough feedback. If someone doesn't make it at least an hour or 2 in the game why even rate or judge something you have never seen or played?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
I knew they were trolling me with 1 star review I'm not delusional.

its not a troll its an honest feedback at the current state of the map compared to the level of quality to other maps of the same genre, perhpas you should get those people who love your map so much to come here and leave thier review as well

as for looking as you as competition its best not to assume things when there is clearly no competition from me

as for your months of triggers i cant see how that any triggers specific to a hero in the game would make it partial to the player slot from the game lobby

as for the star rating i would see a 3 as any substandard, map works but not great looking or on par with other maps types
a 4 would be a great map everything working nicely with some polish needed maybe a typo or an asdjustment
5 would be full polish and no errors of any kind found
1 or 2 map is needing work or many things arent implimented or the terrain not being at or above the substandard level or possible game breaking/ruining bugs or systems that are bugged, 1 or 2 depending on how much much work is thought to be needed, also keep in mind these ratings are not set in stone and can easily be changed at a later point in time

Level 5
opinions change such harsh words can become meaningless at times as the map progresses, last i want people to see when looking at a page is a comment where there are tons of things wrong while all that is no longer true

btw wheres your review of the map and rating? more people leaving ratings after reviewing a map would alter the total rating for the map so far im the only one

and im giving this another go come 1.4, im following the thread to make sure i know when its live

also reforged map, reforge beta, testing powers very limited, dev is working on map im not leaving my rating and walking away
its not a troll its an honest feedback at the current state of the map compared to the level of quality to other maps of the same genre, perhpas you should get those people who love your map so much to come here and leave thier review as well

as for looking as you as competition its best not to assume things when there is clearly no competition from me

as for your months of triggers i cant see how that any triggers specific to a hero in the game would make it partial to the player slot from the game lobby

as for the star rating i would see a 3 as any substandard, map works but not great looking or on par with other maps types
a 4 would be a great map everything working nicely with some polish needed maybe a typo or an asdjustment
5 would be full polish and no errors of any kind found
1 or 2 map is needing work or many things arent implimented or the terrain not being at or above the substandard level or possible game breaking/ruining bugs or systems that are bugged, 1 or 2 depending on how much much work is thought to be needed, also keep in mind these ratings are not set in stone and can easily be changed at a later point in time
Thanks for the explanation as I totally agree with how you rate 1-5 but still clearly buffled on how you rated mine 1 compared to other maps. This is clearly not the worst map on hiveworkshop, and has been developed and thoroughly detailed over the last 6 months to deter 1 star reviews (unless obviously trolling). If you do not terrain that doesnt take off 4 stars. C'mon If you missed 1 part of a test you don't get a 20% grade. Terrain is overloaded with over 20k doodads, which ofc gets better and more pleasing as the game progresses. The trigger problem is a real one whether you "see" how or not. I have triggers aligned to player position and hero type depending on situation. As your statement "needs work" should be in the 1-4 star range. Seeing how the months of tweaking balances and bugs to reduce any shortcomings is not something you think of when you tested 1% of the map, I'll explain: Look at the balance. Look at what is overpowered. Look at what is too difficult or easy. Look at terrain. Feel the gameplay. Find no text errors. When you did your 1 star review it's because you only perceived what you can find to bring it to 1 star (not honest or compelling). You did not talk about anything really game related besides terrain (which if terrain is that main of concern then watch movies and don't play video games) which makes me think you are not objective and criticize constructively rather a negative nancy that loves to put people down. If you want constructive, honest criticism: play the game. See how far you get. Try to purposely find bugs or access places you shouldn't be able to yet. Stuff like that. Not "I saw bad terrain, game too hard, so I leave 1 star". That's not objective, that's arrogance.

Level 6
Thanks for the explanation as I totally agree with how you rate 1-5 but still clearly buffled on how you rated mine 1 compared to other maps.

there was also the hero selection where u alrdy talked about and the basic info in game in which you also talked about for 1.4, in which im waiting for to go another run im sure you will get a higher score come 1.4

if you havent done final touches on 1.4 may i reccomend your fern bushes? they are a little bit squarely placed and not very natural looking try bunching them up in clumps or making alot more of them, they are ferns after all

Last edited:
Level 5
there was also the hero selection where u alrdy talked about and the basic info in game in which you also talked about for 1.4, in which im waiting for to go another run im sure you will get a higher score come 1.4

if you havent done final touches on 1.4 may i reccomend your fern bushes? they are a little bit squarely placed and not very natural looking try bunching them up in clumps or making alot more of them, they are ferns after all
Hey thanks a lot, expecting release on 1/10/20

Level 6
Since I can't test this one yet, I wonder how different than the other one it is

so far this one feels just as grueling as the other one, but the enemy packs are much denser and it kinda has the same feel to it while going around and killing baddies, although i havent found any bugs in this one that were found in the last one thus far

Level 5
so far this one feels just as grueling as the other one, but the enemy packs are much denser and it kinda has the same feel to it while going around and killing baddies, although i havent found any bugs in this one that were found in the last one thus far
Although by concept they are very similar (on purpose), in this there are quests/ side quests/ multiplayer/ multi race or faction and more grind. In EI the idea was to have a prequel to the TM in a way to just be a teaser. If i elaborate and expand the concept and create a world with purpose and unique roles and opportunities in a map where you can play it 10 times and never find the "gauntlet of lifesteal" in the beginning area of the map nor the Brood Mother level 45 at the very end, and much in between. Also I wanted it to be grindy like other rpgs but i always dreaded the concept of enemies re spawning. Therefore i created a world of non stop action where the grind is necessary and fun as you progress - never fighting the same fight twice.

Level 6
never fighting the same fight twice.

you mentioned adding in a save/load feature above with in your description, in order to keep the idea never fightging the same fight twice, are you also intending on adding some form of procedural generation with unit spawns for each go around on the map?

and with the idea of non stop action dont forget to add some pace to it to little action (which i assume you are wanting to stay very far from given what you said above) can definitly hurt the map, but to much action to quickly can also hurt an rpg as well

Level 5
you mentioned adding in a save/load feature above with in your description, in order to keep the idea never fightging the same fight twice, are you also intending on adding some form of procedural generation with unit spawns for each go around on the map?

and with the idea of non stop action dont forget to add some pace to it to little action (which i assume you are wanting to stay very far from given what you said above) can definitly hurt the map, but to much action to quickly can also hurt an rpg as well
I meant not having to stay in an area and have units spawn like many other rpgs do to make an rpg appear to have longer gameplay but its just grinding rather than progressing. I like the idea that the grind is real and you have to take down the enemy. There are some areas as well that you can grind summons at every point of the map (just like in EI) but no respawn. There is a good chance I am going to reforge the EI version and add many elements and items and maybe add heros because to rework the heroes and scripts in the EI map would only take a few days because how few the triggers associated. Maybe add some fun twists throughout EI to make it much more cinematic and better terrain and more of the feel I gave TM (minus the huge map element).

Level 6
this map at its state is awful it stays 1/5 in my book best you could look for is AWAITING UPDATE

1. we are not in the wc3 universe Medivh as your figure head
2. still unable to choose hero from with in the game this makes the map lacking compared to other rpg maps (this is pretty much not acceptable since blizzard did it in their warchasers map)
3. bounty hunter has no quest marker to indicate there is a quest (also not really acceptable as seen through out blizzards own campaigns and the founding of durotar rpg style campaign)
4. murloc uses the word NAGAS for a plural form, Naga is like deer does not get a S added
5. ferns in the first area right where you meet your first baddies are to evenly spaced from each other makes it look unnatural, they pretty much line up as if they were farms or other small structures
6. just east of the friendly murloc there is a broken pillar which is floating
7. pitlord level 4 doesnt gain a skill instead has to wait till level 5 to gain 2 skills, one of those 2 skills can easily be knocked down an unlock level to keep the flow going
8. invisible wall just left of the ogre mauler? never mind murloc night crawlers who where invisible where there, these need to not be sleeping or another unit used
9. level 6 also doesnt allow a skill to be obtained this seems like there will be a backlog of skill points for the rest of the game
10. losing all your gold is still such a steep penalty tip of banking it into wood is useless since you need min 10k just to do so
- just saw 2 bloodfiends i feared this when you mentioned archimonde as a boss, your tips say to stack armor in order survive chaos dmg ignores all armor, and is a primary reason why players dont normally go for stacking armor cause eventually you will encounter chaos in a dungeon crawler (my fears were right theres chaos all over the place armor does nothing)
11. attacking 2 crabs pulls the entire centaur group just below it, and what ever the bigger thing was behind it (ran immediately)
12. level 10 now i have 2 skill points i cant do anything with
-level 11 skills are balanced out again
13. many skills are not shown what that give prior to acquiring them (frost nova level 4,5,6,7,8,9,10)(endurance aura level 4,5,6,7,8,9,10)(Avatar level 2,3,4,5)(avatar also doesnt even state it has additional levels)
-bandit lord another chaos unit armor again USELESS
14. pitlord to fat to reach secret area in the north behind the wooden crate (1600g lost, dog also cant grab it)
15. near the pond with the broken fountain, just to the west is a boat floating as if on water, 4 fish can also be seen swimming in air near it
16. path just north of the fountain more invisible enemies no way to target them, another 1k gold lost
17. level 13 so begins skill point stacking again
-water elementals and giant murloc such a shear about of stun locking
18. red drake egg is the standard usable red drake egg (left click to use, which does nothing), couldnt a custom item be used instead?
19. mini bosses every where with chaos damage why whats the point of stacking armor?
20. bounty hunter 2nd quest no quest marker on him
21. attacking a single naga (NO S) pulls a huge chunk of the base an their leash is very very long
22. naga royal guard roars at you well after you actually aggro him
23. random ring of protection +1 and +2 hidden in crates may as well be gold they are useless compared to whats deemed a low protection ring from the shop
24. naga royal guard does not leash back to his spot and again more chaos damage
-naga royal guard chases you half way to the portal before leashing
25. book and gold behind naga base cant obtained by pitlord (cant even be reached by the dog)
26. naga building repeatedly falls down after being destroyed mixed with its building animation
27. south of the naga base theres secret path the pitlord is once again to fat to fit in, also the ramp leading down into the small pool of water has some terrain issues
28. north of naga sea witch you have some water terrain issues
- fun time killing friendly heroes while in town (might want to disable this function)
29. naga sea witch is laughable the royal guards have more life than she does
- the fish in these naga pools must be holy or something to not have been eaten
30. large flower patch in the 2nd area you can see that you just placed these systematically with no care at all, nothing natural about the placement of these flowers, lazy just like the ferns
- man am i tired of this nighttime, reduced visibility exploring is such a pain
31. became a tier 2 hero and lost of ton of my movement speed since no endurance aura
-cant believe i have to use a slot for boots of speed to be even just a slight bit faster given over 200 agility right now
32. level 51 here we go with the ability points piling again
-hello random nether drake, good thing i moved him or that tome would have been up the cliff
33. skills are not shown what that give prior to acquiring them (frost nova tier 2 level 2 and so on)
34. avatar tier 2 has no stats listed at all
35. stone golem figure same thing as the red dragon egg
36. burning blade tooltip is off, adds 50 damage per second on attack, is this stacking damage does the blade get more powerful? (im assuming you want you say it "burns enemies for 50 damage per second")
37. cleaving attack tier 2 states 100% damage cleave this is clearly not the case, cleaved enemies are taking slightly less damage, it also has no range at all compared to tier 1
38. sapphiron as tier 3, we are not in the wc3 universe couldnt random name for a dragon be inserted here?
39. elf statue with bow clearly floating
40. elf base assault, altered melee much? cant we get some custom heroes?
41. some major frame issues near the back end of the elf base, not present any where else on map, the more rear of the base you go the worse it gets
42. medivh human transformation (from crow) animation is missing
43. another frame issue area south of corn farms (still black for the moment)
44. area 3 just becomes a wall of mixed baddies, very sub par
-blood feathers heart a proper quest item no click no stats, and a custom tool tip
45. the terrain on this map is still rather meh (doodads dont make up for bland terrain)
- omg i stepped near the arthas when turning in the quest and its music is just playing over normal game music, just awful
46. primal panda wall in the middle of a desert in the middle of a forest
47. anubarak another alterd melee hero, what is he even doing in this forest?
48. i am a dragon and can fly and go anywhere i want the trees are irrelevent now, whats the point of this?
- i found the throne of icecrown whats this for? and many eyes of sargaras, i dont think he had this many eyes
- hello bottom right corner you are very empty

i quit after finding nordrassil

this is not an rpg map this is an alterd melee with units plastered everywhere, you got no story nothings custom units its all alterd melee/campaign units
the terrain is average at best placing tons of doodads every where doesnt change that, theres a number of terrain errors i listed the ones i found im sure theres more
make use of the guides on this site for custom units, custom spells, and making good terrain

you told me you had people playing this saying its the best thing they saw in 20 years im betting they are you friends and biased to the map, becuase this map cant even speak the name of sunken city with out being forgotten in the wind

also remove the Strategy/risk tag from the map there is no form of any kind of risk game present or any kind of RTS TBS strategy involved

file name also doesnt match game version name v1.3 and v1.4 file name is exactly the same

Last edited:
Level 5
this map at its state is awful it stays 1/5 in my book best you could look for is AWAITING UPDATE

1. we are not in the wc3 universe Medivh as your figure head
2. still unable to choose hero from with in the game this makes the map lacking compared to other rpg maps (this is pretty much not acceptable since blizzard did it in their warchasers map)
3. bounty hunter has no quest marker to indicate there is a quest (also not really acceptable as seen through out blizzards own campaigns and the founding of durotar rpg style campaign)
4. murloc uses the word NAGAS for a plural form, Naga is like deer does not get a S added
5. ferns in the first area right where you meet your first baddies are to evenly spaced from each other makes it look unnatural, they pretty much line up as if they were farms or other small structures
6. just east of the friendly murloc there is a broken pillar which is floating
7. pitlord level 4 doesnt gain a skill instead has to wait till level 5 to gain 2 skills, one of those 2 skills can easily be knocked down an unlock level to keep the flow going
8. invisible wall just left of the ogre mauler? never mind murloc night crawlers who where invisible where there, these need to not be sleeping or another unit used
9. level 6 also doesnt allow a skill to be obtained this seems like there will be a backlog of skill points for the rest of the game
10. losing all your gold is still such a steep penalty tip of banking it into wood is useless since you need min 10k just to do so
- just saw 2 bloodfiends i feared this when you mentioned archimonde as a boss, your tips say to stack armor in order survive chaos dmg ignores all armor, and is a primary reason why players dont normally go for stacking armor cause eventually you will encounter chaos in a dungeon crawler (my fears were right theres chaos all over the place armor does nothing)
11. attacking 2 crabs pulls the entire centaur group just below it, and what ever the bigger thing was behind it (ran immediately)
12. level 10 now i have 2 skill points i cant do anything with
-level 11 skills are balanced out again
13. many skills are not shown what that give prior to acquiring them (frost nova level 4,5,6,7,8,9,10)(endurance aura level 4,5,6,7,8,9,10)(Avatar level 2,3,4,5)(avatar also doesnt even state it has additional levels)
-bandit lord another chaos unit armor again USELESS
14. pitlord to fat to reach secret area in the north behind the wooden crate (1600g lost, dog also cant grab it)
15. near the pond with the broken fountain, just to the west is a boat floating as if on water, 4 fish can also be seen swimming in air near it
16. path just north of the fountain more invisible enemies no way to target them, another 1k gold lost
17. level 13 so begins skill point stacking again
-water elementals and giant murloc such a shear about of stun locking
18. red drake egg is the standard usable red drake egg (left click to use, which does nothing), couldnt a custom item be used instead?
19. mini bosses every where with chaos damage why whats the point of stacking armor?
20. bounty hunter 2nd quest no quest marker on him
21. attacking a single naga (NO S) pulls a huge chunk of the base an their leash is very very long
22. naga royal guard roars at you well after you actually aggro him
23. random ring of protection +1 and +2 hidden in crates may as well be gold they are useless compared to whats deemed a low protection ring from the shop
24. naga royal guard does not leash back to his spot and again more chaos damage
-naga royal guard chases you half way to the portal before leashing
25. book and gold behind naga base cant obtained by pitlord (cant even be reached by the dog)
26. naga building repeatedly falls down after being destroyed mixed with its building animation
27. south of the naga base theres secret path the pitlord is once again to fat to fit in, also the ramp leading down into the small pool of water has some terrain issues
28. north of naga sea witch you have some water terrain issues
- fun time killing friendly heroes while in town (might want to disable this function)
29. naga sea witch is laughable the royal guards have more life than she does
- the fish in these naga pools must be holy or something to not have been eaten
30. large flower patch in the 2nd area you can see that you just placed these systematically with no care at all, nothing natural about the placement of these flowers, lazy just like the ferns
- man am i tired of this nighttime, reduced visibility exploring is such a pain
31. became a tier 2 hero and lost of ton of my movement speed since no endurance aura
-cant believe i have to use a slot for boots of speed to be even just a slight bit faster given over 200 agility right now
32. level 51 here we go with the ability points piling again
-hello random nether drake, good thing i moved him or that tome would have been up the cliff
33. skills are not shown what that give prior to acquiring them (frost nova tier 2 level 2 and so on)
34. avatar tier 2 has no stats listed at all
35. stone golem figure same thing as the red dragon egg
36. burning blade tooltip is off, adds 50 damage per second on attack, is this stacking damage does the blade get more powerful? (im assuming you want you say it "burns enemies for 50 damage per second")
37. cleaving attack tier 2 states 100% damage cleave this is clearly not the case, cleaved enemies are taking slightly less damage, it also has no range at all compared to tier 1
38. sapphiron as tier 3, we are not in the wc3 universe couldnt random name for a dragon be inserted here?
39. elf statue with bow clearly floating
40. elf base assault, altered melee much? cant we get some custom heroes?
41. some major frame issues near the back end of the elf base, not present any where else on map, the more rear of the base you go the worse it gets
42. medivh human transformation (from crow) animation is missing
43. another frame issue area south of corn farms (still black for the moment)
44. area 3 just becomes a wall of mixed baddies, very sub par
-blood feathers heart a proper quest item no click no stats, and a custom tool tip
45. the terrain on this map is still rather meh (doodads dont make up for bland terrain)
- omg i stepped near the arthas when turning in the quest and its music is just playing over normal game music, just awful
46. primal panda wall in the middle of a desert in the middle of a forest
47. anubarak another alterd melee hero, what is he even doing in this forest?
48. i am a dragon and can fly and go anywhere i want the trees are irrelevent now, whats the point of this?
- i found the throne of icecrown whats this for? and many eyes of sargaras, i dont think he had this many eyes
- hello bottom right corner you are very empty

i quit after finding nordrassil

this is not an rpg map this is an alterd melee with units plastered everywhere, you got no story nothings custom units its all alterd melee/campaign units
the terrain is average at best placing tons of doodads every where doesnt change that, theres a number of terrain errors i listed the ones i found im sure theres more
make use of the guides on this site for custom units, custom spells, and making good terrain

you told me you had people playing this saying its the best thing they saw in 20 years im betting they are you friends and biased to the map, becuase this map cant even speak the name of sunken city with out being forgotten in the wind

also remove the Strategy/risk tag from the map there is no form of any kind of risk game present or any kind of RTS TBS strategy involved

file name also doesnt match game version name v1.3 and v1.4 file name is exactly the same
Holy crap xD as I appreciate the time to write this, but there's no way I am gonna mold the map to be exactly what you want it to be. So yeah I don't know what you thought this map was gonna be but its not meant to be what you thought it was gonna be. This is how I want the map to be. I think if you understood that maybe you would have never replayed the map. I, personally love the map and tend to play it alot with randoms on reforged. I think it's nice, other's do as well. This might not be for you, but it's definitely a strategy game seeing how positioning/ ability use/ timing/ cooldown/ etc come into play.

Level 6
This might not be for you, but it's definitely a strategy game seeing how positioning/ ability use/ timing/ cooldown/ etc come into play.

thats not what the strategy tag is for and everything your talking about is about RPG/dungeon crawling which has its own idea of strategy and not the "strategy/risk" tag implies and no the risk does not mean for someone to be taking a risk

positioning/ ability use/ timing/ cooldown/ etc, is all included in World of Warcraft as well but you dont see that marked as a strategy game

but to answer your question you were making a RPG map right?
well you did bitch about the 1 star i gave initially so i went in and found everything wrong or not working correctly, up to a point, and if you want a better rating you would need to make a better map or polish this one ALOT
many many of these things count severely against you, hive workshop is a place of quality map making and a place to get help to make quality maps

its not about molding it to what i want it to exactly be its to bring your map up to the quality of other maps and the standard you would find on the hive, there are many many resources to use here and many people willing to help and/or teach

try looking at feelgoodman's 2 player RPG, it works very well (or did till 1.31 came)
or try out sunken city hosted by hive workshop its very high quality and always a blast to play as a party of 3

i am rather disappointed you dont want to improve your map to a greater degree, i had the most fun with the tier 1 hero and the tier one play, and was looking forward to see the rest of the map to be an incredible experience

perhaps next time if you want to make a map and share it and have it exactly as you please good or bad, dont complain to those who rate the map, unless you want to attract standard bearers and bug hunters (i am a bug hunter)

Level 6
question
I never said I do not want to improve. Where did you get that idea?

answer
So yeah I don't know what you thought this map was gonna be but its not meant to be what you thought it was gonna be. This is how I want the map to be.

also click the "strategy/risk" tag see all the maps on the first page
also go here Map Submission Rules specifically point 10

also you should check this out as well its really helpful to newer people of the hive who wish to be an active part of the community --> Start Here <--

Level 6
1. file name still doesnt indicate the version of the map "(4)JourneyThroughTwistedMeadows" file name should include the version and the 4 at the start is irrelevant
Single Player Test
2. non wc3 universe still uses medivh as your guide, we have 4 custom heroes here why cant the rest also be custom
3. still cant choose hero from in game, it would be nice to see a hero's stats and abilities before choosing a hero (especially with a 3+ hour map, and a plan to add a save/load system, it would be rather awful to go through a 3 hours game and rather have a different hero
4. resurrection stone doesnt have its proper activated glow, just some blue flames
5. you have tier 2 and 3 hero slots at top left but are not clickable, i dont think they are meant to be visible
6. bounty hunter still has no quest marker above his head indicating he has a quest for you
7. many small plants in the first area are still systematically placed there are clear horizontal or diagonal lines
8. tank has no access to a skill at level 4 while other classes do
9. cold arrows have arrow shooting sound effect even though hero wields no bow
10. healer actively out aggros the tank and the tank has no taunt button, even with proper pulling being done the healer loves to steal aggro
11. tank hero still can not fit in most secret areas, including area behind broken fountain that requires fighting
12. hero skill levels 4 and greater still have no description in their tooltips when picking their skill
stopping here

many major things in 1.5 still have not been fixed/edited from 1.4
only minimal change from 1.4 has occurred, and given the current bugs that a NEW i doubt the dev even tested this on their own

please take time to fix most if not all the bugs in 1.4/1.5 before posting another version
and please bother to test it your self 4 hero portraits at the start is clear evidence you didnt
and please include all the boring things as well you can even make a spoiler tag with the BBcode in order to hide it so its not a huge wall of text at all times

Last edited:
Level 5
1. file name still doesnt indicate the version of the map "(4)JourneyThroughTwistedMeadows" file name should include the version and the 4 at the start is irrelevant
Single Player Test
2. non wc3 universe still uses medivh as your guide, we have 4 custom heroes here why cant the rest also be custom
3. still cant choose hero from in game, it would be nice to see a hero's stats and abilities before choosing a hero (especially with a 3+ hour map, and a plan to add a save/load system, it would be rather awful to go through a 3 hours game and rather have a different hero
4. resurrection stone doesnt have its proper activated glow, just some blue flames
5. you have tier 2 and 3 hero slots at top left but are not clickable, i dont think they are meant to be visible
6. bounty hunter still has no quest marker above his head indicating he has a quest for you
7. many small plants in the first area are still systematically placed there are clear horizontal or diagonal lines
10. healer actively out aggros the tank and the tank has no taunt button, even with proper pulling being done the healer loves to steal aggro
11. tank hero still can not fit in most secret areas, including area behind broken fountain that requires fighting
12. hero skill levels 4 and greater still have no description in their tooltips when picking their skill
stopping here

only minimal change from 1.4 has occurred, and given the current bugs that a NEW i doubt the dev even tested this on their own

please take time to fix most if not all the bugs in 1.4/1.5 before posting another version
and please bother to test it your self 4 hero portraits at the start is clear evidence you didnt
and please include all the boring things as well you can even make a spoiler tag with the BBcode in order to hide it so its not a huge wall of text at all times
Hey thanks for posting. I don't know why you called everything you listed bugs when I designed it that way on purpose. #5 is a bug i was unaware of but i can understand how it happened so thanks so much for pointing that out. I don't know what spoiler tags and BBcode is.

Single Player Test
stopping here

Hey also you keep saying pitlord is too fat. He is suppose to be. Just tp to your dog instead. Your dog finds the secret areas not the heroes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
@Opex most things i listed are bugs or missing items or things not properly finished or things not up to par with other RPG maps

your honestly going to tell me you map conforms to the map submission rules here Map Submission Rules
every part of it and none of the things im pointing out arent things needed to be improved/fixed/changed

areas of main concern
area 1 (bb codes and teachings here)
area 4 line 1
area 4 line 2 (quick examples your lines of bushes in area one, hexagonal flowers in area 2)
area 4 line 4

also if you dont want to bring your map up to the standard of other RPG maps the very best you are possibly looking at is a 3 star substandard from me and thats if everything is bug and error free (including inaccessable areas for heros and/or dog)

Last edited:
Level 5
@Opex most things i listed are bugs or missing items or things not properly finished or things not up to par with other RPG maps

your honestly going to tell me you map conforms to the map submission rules here Map Submission Rules
every part of it and none of the things im pointing out arent things needed to be improved/fixed/changed

areas of main concern
area 1 (bb codes and teachings here)
area 4 line 1
area 4 line 2 (quick examples your lines of bushes in area one, hexagonal flowers in area 2)
area 4 line 4

also if you dont want to bring your map up to the standard of other RPG maps the very best you are possibly looking at is a 3 star substandard from me and thats if everything is bug and error free (including inaccessable areas for heros and/or dog)
Ah this is why you are so concerned with my map xDDD I'm not in for contest or anything, I just thought hiveworkshop was a map hub. I'll stop bringing my map here and take it to epicwar.com where people can find it there. i didn't know it was a contest site, I just wanted to to put the map where people can find it and enjoy :)

Level 5
I deleted previous versions from this site in the past. I don't know what you mean by considerably different, it's the same map. This is the latest version with some notable bugs: Exp gain % doesn't fluctuate properly if someone desyncs at start, some triggers have been known to go off before location such as the point in the video posted above of sea witch camp getting triggered by walking south of bandit camp, and a few other I am working to fix. This is the most up-to-date version I have as of 3/1/20.

Level 23
Drakpanda gave multiple posts of feedback for your previous version. It is really unfair to just delete that thread and make a new one, considering how much effort he put in to helping improve the map (I still don't agree with 1/5 stars though).

Just ask one of the map reviewers to un-delete your previous map (or if that is not within their power, make a staff contact thread), and update it with this current version. Hiding player reviews is never the right away to approach map making, even if you don't agree with the reviews.

Level 5
I do not care to hide map reviewers. I want all feedback. When I took previous versions off the site months ago it was not to hide reviews. I found out it was a site for contest and I didn't want to enroll in contest map making, I only wanted to give people a map to enjoy. The members of this site treated me as if I worked for them, which I do not and will not unless we come to a contract of employment. I am merely here to deliver a map to the masses that I hope gives people a great experience. I only will delete this map from the site if I get enough hate like I did last time (undeserving). I am here to make a good map, if other reviewers don't like reviewing my map, I'm not here for their help. I do not care about map contest. If someone wants to help review and critique my map, I welcome it. There is no money exchanged here, so no one works for anyone else. I appreciate everyone who has helped with this map, if those who don't feel appreciated, I don't know what to tell you. It is a wc3 map that me and many others enjoy, thanks for being apart of the journey.

Level 23
I found out it was a site for contest and I didn't want to enroll in contest map making
I don't think that is the case, but even this was a site "for contest", what has changed since in these past months?

The members of this site treated me as if I worked for them, which I do not and will not unless we come to a contract of employment.
When presenting your work in a public forum, you cannot avoid people who act in that way.

Most importantly, having a low score won't affect people who come to download your map. Even if it is substandard, it can still be downloaded, though harder to access.

Level 5
What changed was epicwar.com had a decent number of downloads but I want more people to have access to this work. I can only host so many (DL ONLY) games.
To the second point I do not care about scores and stuff. I only care about getting the map in the hands of people who like journey-style RPGs. This map is here for wc3 players, not for reviews or scores. If this map gets a 1/5 oh well. I'm not here for contest.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I only will delete this map from the site if I get enough hate like I did last time (undeserving).
How many times you think you should be doing this?
There are reviewers here to decide the "fate" of your map. If you don't agree with that, posting the map again and again as a new thread will not help at anything but possibly getting you banned.

We want quality control here. Quantity is for sites like EpicWar.