1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v3.1

Submitted by Opex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Journey Through Twisted Meadows
v3.1 by Opex 6/30/20

Welcome Heroes, this time to the realm of the Twisted Meadows! Some strange anomalies have bestowed the meadows and it is your job to seek out who and what is causing it. Medivh summons you, the Heroes, here to investigate. But before you do, it is required that you become much stronger before you can face the culprit. You begin your journey through the Twisted Meadows, facing powerful creeps on the way towards the Naga encampment, the Night Elves, the Undead, the Human, and finally the Orc. Stay clear of the Elite Heroes! They are very powerful and will fight if provoked! There will be many plot twists late game with some excellent cinematics and tough gameplay.

This is a very difficult and very long game, averaging 5 hours to complete. The late game is even more difficult, some would say close to impossible to achieve victory. There are many hidden paths that can be accessed by using your dog, an ability, destroying a crate or destructible, or all of the above. These paths can lead to treasure/ loot/ and powerful foes.
**IF YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY ON CLASSIC GRAPHICS, MANY UNITS, DOODADS, ETC. WILL BE INVISIBLE. IT ISN'T THE TERRAIN BLOCKING YOU - IT IS SOMETHING INVISIBLE**
The screenshots below are very old and will not reflect actual gameplay with the newest version.
A Full Walk-through (using the 2 hardest heroes in the early game, raw and unedited) to help anyone having problems progressing:

Journey Through Twisted Meadows is an ongoing project. I have been developing this map for awhile and take pride in not only the project - but the process. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I want to develop the best game experience possible. This is now a full version release as of 6/30/20, but I will over the coming months be adding to the game play, balance changes, etc.
Change log:

Version 3.1

• Fixed hotkeys properly on shops
  • Gods now attack together
  • Buffed Lady Vashj Damage output greatly
  • All Minimap ping signals now up from 10 seconds -> 30 seconds
  • Many terrain changes
  • New Items: Ankh of the Gods, Potion of Invisibility, Scroll of Speed (10 charges each, found only 1 place on the entire map)
  • Length of dialogue in cinematics should be much better now
  • Health Stone now regenerates 5 health per second instead on 1, cost from 4k to 5k
  • New item: Battle Horn of Longevity (in strength items shop)
  • Opex's Tier 3 Critical Strike now 25% to do 10x damage per strike, and 25% chance to evade (big buff)
  • Opex's Tier 3 Holy Life Steal now from 5% to 10%
  • New playable Hero: Prince Theodore (after all bounty hunter missions being complete, you have an option of playing with Arthas' brother Theodore) who is level 100 when first picking him up.
  • New enemies: Greater Spirit Beast and Spirit Beast
  • Additional cinematic at the very end of the game (after defeating Kil'Jaeden)
  • Twilight's Dark Troll Shadow Priest heal ability buffed (level 1 from 250->400, level 2 from 350->600, level 3 from 450->800)
  • You will also notice other changes to other things I didn't write down :)

Version 3.0
  • Fixed final area Hydralisks being passive
  • Final area Hydralisks now have drops: 100 stats, 100 lumber
  • Fixed Frost Nova T2 tooltips (How did I not notice this until now??)
  • Gaist now appears at the end of the game victory cinematic (if you were using him and on reforged graphics)
  • REMOVED FAT LINE OF SIGHT FROM TREES (I thought it would be fun, but now highly regret this in v2.9)
  • Changed some of the tooltips for choosing Heroes
  • Gnoll Hut is now easier to access with melee
  • Lowered Gnoll Hut's HP to 7500 (dramatic nerf so you can fight gnoll earlier/ faster)
  • Lowered Medivh's crow form a little bit closer to the ground for better cinematics
  • Can now go up the ramp to Furbolg a lot easier
  • Buffed Sand Lord a bit
  • Increased prices on all tomes by A LOT to make tome buying a tier 3 option instead of all game
  • Added All Stats +100, +100 Strength, +100 Intelligence and +100 Agility tomes to shops
  • Fixed a long term issue with loading tier 2 and 3 checkpoints where a Hero or Dog would be erased from the game
  • Added a new beginning scene to better understand the Heroes before playing
  • Officially fixed errors from starting desync players that would greatly effect experience gain % (Super happy for this, now any desync player at start will be accommodated properly)
  • Nerfed Arthas' Death Pact to not be always at full health (or near) after using it on a zombie (still very strong heal for him though - the strategy is still the same to defeat him)
  • Many unique terrain changes (mostly mid to end game locations)
  • Buffed Hydralisks Healing Ward Aura from 2% to 6%, and its Critical Strike to 20% chance to deal 10x damage
  • All Arena monsters now can use all of their abilities (I hope it's fixed as I did it last moment today and did not test)
  • Forgotten One's range increased 600 -> 750 also does not go to sleep anymore
  • Made easier access to Ficticious Warpotion by way of the Blue Drake
  • Added some new props and structures throughout the map

Version 2.9
  • New Playable Hero: Gaist (Brood)
  • New units: Sand Lord (model credit thanks to Maximal), Upgraded Skeletal Warrior, Flibustier Kul-Tiras (model credit thanks to asssssu), Battle Elephant (model credit thanks to Explobombs)
  • Cinematic changes
  • Trees now all have a fat line of sight
  • many other changes (didn't write down much this time, but you will notice many changes to balance/ abilities/ items/ etc)

Version 2.8
  • Many new areas to explore
  • Fixed many tooltips that were incorrect as well as hotkeys
  • Some new cinematics and changes
  • Some fixes to Heroes like greatly buffing Stingray in tier 3 (was not great in v2.7)
  • Added full trees outside the map
  • Some changes to abilities
  • New enemies: Marines, Draenei Stalker
  • New Elite Hero: Ficticious Warpotion
  • Added more Hydralisks to the final area of the map (Next to Divine Claws)
  • New items: Sentry Wards, Scroll of Major Healing
  • Nerfs to gnoll hut armor and HP
  • Nerf to Gnoll Vagabond
  • Many drop changes, items location changes, etc
  • Nerf to Arthas' summon Elite zombie to 4 (To finally make him beatable within reason)
  • Nerf to Anya Eversong's summon Dark Minions to 4
  • Some terrain changes and new enemy camps
  • Some added lumber/ gold/ items in spots
  • Added some extra doodads in late game areas

Version 2.7
  • ***Finished Gods/ Medivh Arc and Kil'Jaeden Arc***
  • Game is officially finished in story (will add changes in coming months)
  • Potion of Mana tooltip (among many other tooltips) now correct, price changed
  • Increased HP of Sea Elemental 550->750
  • Changed 2 of 3 locations of the Bronze Drake creep camps
  • Reduced gnoll hut HP and armor dramatically
  • Small nerf to Arthas' Thorns Aura
  • Reduced Anya Eversong's summon Greater Dark Minions to 5 and reduced starting GDM in camp to 5
  • Reduced Arthas' Summon Elite Zombies from 16-7 and reduced amount of EZ that started in camp
  • Fixed the +50 armor bugs throughout the map in v2.6
  • Cloak of Flames now a powerful item
  • Added new arena monsters: Hydralisks
  • Talisman of Evasion now a very powerful item, allows wearer to dodge 50% attacks
  • New item: Divine Claws (Strongest attack item in the game by far)
  • Increased cost of Orb of Ultimate Corruption, increased the corruption from 100->250
  • Fixed Legion of Doomhorn bug that wouldn't restore HP (not entirely sure if stack with Twilights Healing Aura)
  • Nerfed Greater Dark Minion's attack (500k->350k) and nerfed it's armor (1000->750)
  • And much more!
Contents

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v3.1 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules. Approved.
  1. Super Babe

Super Babe

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I try to create game in custom games the map doesn't show up as an option even though I put it in my maps folder.

2. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, it may be only playable in Reforged :( I don't know how to make it compatible with classic

3. Super Babe

Super Babe

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. is the res stone suppose to not glow?
    2. i really dont see how this is feesable with 1 player when game lists 1-4
    further testing cant be completed playing solo, dying results in all your gold going away

5. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey sorry you couldn't beat it solo. I can beat it solo but I made the map so I know how to :)
    The map is easiest at 3/4 player but is doable 2 player with some skill and solo only if you are ready for a 5+ hour game.
    I'm not sure why you are so concerned with it glowing, seeing how you don't ever use it yourself.

6. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    perhaps you would like to adjust your suggested players from 1-4 to 3-4 or full indicating its meant to be with that many people

1. its a ressurection stone so of course i used it to revive
    2. its meant to glow when active, check out the The Founding of Durotar campaign to see them in action

also when updating your map you may want to include a changelog here or patch notes people like to see that kind of information

7. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I mean, the glow for the stone is not a major issue, really. It is more of a gimmick.
    For the amount of players, yes, you may want to adjust the number - especially when you add the coop tag to it.

From the screenshots I can tell that the terrain is going to need further improvements. It feels like it is too empty in some places and too overfilled with the same doodads in others. Try to bring a bit more variation.
    We have terrain tutorials in the Tutorial Section if you need to learn more.
    I do not think we have many for Reforged specifically yet but the tutorials for the classic Warcraft should help you here as well.

8. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for reply, screenshots are super old and need update. It looks much different in the latest version updated a minute ago.

9. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I added a glow effect, probably not the best, but its added. I changed it to 2-4 Suggested Players because I understand the level of difficulty of running it solo. I was thinking about patch notes maybe should start when finish v1.4. Also if you ever want to run it add me friends on reforged my name is 'EvoLvEdMinD' and always looking for help testing and improving.

10. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    sure i can give it a run with you to help with testing, but btw reforged uses bnet 2.0 the same system sc2 does, so if u want me to add you i would need your full battle tag, including the number, DM it to me if you want to share it

as far as i can tell adding freinds in beta cant be done yet but you can tab out and just use the app to add some one

11. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have a number of friends I made from reforged so far. Many have loved the map so much they had to add me for future quests and walk-through's. I did a test of solo last night and I was easily able to beat it with Stingray (the emerald color hero), he has excellent summons in early and mid-late stages to tank and can use his summon ability to access much more gold and special items throughout the map. He can become Kaiser Form at level 100 granting him have the ability to defeat Human solo. He also is the best hero to use orbs of corruption. Just need to always have high armor and good positioning. Do not fight 10 at a time, rather 1-3. It isn't an easy game - always at risk for death. I stress in timed tooltips often the importance of armor - because in melee everyone looks at armor as unimportant, these players die much easier and leave game in anger because of arrogance of not caring about armor. If you get 40 armor by sea witch, 200 armor by illidan, 300-400 by archimonde, etc you will win these areas easier. If you do not have 40 armor by sea witch - you cannot progress. I will do a full walkthrough with all areas as solo to help new players understand how to be successful solo. I also care very much about this map and hope you reconsider the 1 star review - I care for everyone's thoughts and I make adjustments to cater their needs above my own.

12. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. fix what shar dundred mentioned
    2. give me some way of choosing my hero in game vs in lobby for theres no way to know what your getting into for each hero while in the lobby (loading screen info should also be in game)
    3. put all relevant information like the death penalty and other stuff some where in the quest log or some where else readily available (IN GAME) for people to read (a pop up hint can be missed by people, no guarantee every one will see or read it)

and ill give it another run and update rating if my experience is better (may also give you a wall of text with bugs and other issues)

you changed it to 2-4 so solo is no longer an advisable idea however if you do want to push for solo possibility make sure all heroes are able to solo it, and make sure theres no money cheat being used (your screen shots clearly give this away with having 9999995 wood which you use as a greater currency than gold so there no way you would have said amount with less than 33% of the map explored) (9th screen shot)

13. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks #1 was fixed before he even quoted because he never played the game just looked at screenshots from last month (yes i need update screenshots with v1.4). #2 The in game choice would need me to rework 1000 triggers - which i would not be willing to do just yet for something I did not want. There is map description where it says which hero is which. It says it as well in load screen. If a person doesn't like their character - just like any other game they would pick another one next time they play. #3 I put death penalty info in v1.3 i think if its not there its definitely in v1.4, timed tooltips talk about it a few times as well if someone is too lazy to go into quests. Wait until v1.4 release before playing again for I have about 20 hours of work into the changes and grinds and bug fixes so far. I expect proper release on 1/10/20 which will give plenty of time to tweak and change and add.

14. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    i would strongly advise making this change many RPG's have a system to pick thier hero once in game and is rather a norm when it comes to playing, blizzard even did it back in thier warchasers scenario
    if not it will probly always be seen rather as a unused/forgotten feature

you also have Blizzard Entertainment set as the author along with your name, i suggest changing that as well

and in all honesty your screen shots dont look all that different from the current version, specificly the starting zone east of camp

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  15. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am not a fan of maps using blizzard melee maps/altered versions of melee maps, since it takes away immersion if players have often seen that map in normal melee matches.

That being said, it is hard to take "DrakPanda" seriously. The 1 star he gave was given before reply #12 based on the author's last line in his comment, which means the 1 star was given based on feedback in #5 and #7, since #11 did not comment on the map at all. There is nothing in those 2 comments to justify a 1 star being given. The most informative post he writes in in #13. Sadly, instead of writing out the areas that could be improved in a neutral tone, that comment comes across as demanding areas be changed for the 1 star to be modified.

In a 1-5 star system, 1 and 5 should rarely be used since they represent the upper or lower limits. Since encouraging people is more effective than discouraging people, 5 star is probably used more often than it should, and that is understandable. But seriously, are there many examples of people (who are not trolls) giving maps 1 star rating? Unless there is some sort of plagiarism issue at play, 2 stars should be the minimum people rate for maps.

Additionally, this "DarkPanda" user has a history of writing hateful comments and then deleting those comments later...

16. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    opinions change such harsh words can become meaningless at times as the map progresses, last i want people to see when looking at a page is a comment where there are tons of things wrong while all that is no longer true

btw wheres your review of the map and rating? more people leaving ratings after reviewing a map would alter the total rating for the map so far im the only one

and im giving this another go come 1.4, im following the thread to make sure i know when its live

also reforged map, reforge beta, testing powers very limited, dev is working on map im not leaving my rating and walking away

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  17. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah v1.4 has many changes including everything you've stated here except for reworking months of triggers. The hero pick will not be available for a LONG time so don't expect it in the next month. This is an RPG, roles are crucial and made specifically. I will consider a 5th hero in the future but that is so long in the future as well. The first area you talk about not looking different - well it is. different terrain and trees and creatures and drops and areas have all been reworked in v1.3 with additional adds in v1.4. The map currently takes 5+ hours solo and 3+ when team up with friends. The screenshots were all from early to mid december, as I have added over 10k doodads since v1.1

Thanks for that feedback - I knew they were trolling me with 1 star review I'm not delusional. But it is what it is when they look at me as competition rather than friendly map makers. The map is clearly not 1 star - the harshest I can see would be 3* but I would give it 4* as not a complete work but rather still work in progress that is 100% playable and winnable using various strategies and possibilities. I have had people play til end with me saying it's by far their new favorite map after 20 years of warcraft. Now that might not be everyone's response - but let's be objective and not so subjective. Take the map as is and give thorough feedback. If someone doesn't make it at least an hour or 2 in the game why even rate or judge something you have never seen or played?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2020
  18. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    its not a troll its an honest feedback at the current state of the map compared to the level of quality to other maps of the same genre, perhpas you should get those people who love your map so much to come here and leave thier review as well

as for looking as you as competition its best not to assume things when there is clearly no competition from me

as for your months of triggers i cant see how that any triggers specific to a hero in the game would make it partial to the player slot from the game lobby

as for the star rating i would see a 3 as any substandard, map works but not great looking or on par with other maps types
    a 4 would be a great map everything working nicely with some polish needed maybe a typo or an asdjustment
    5 would be full polish and no errors of any kind found
    1 or 2 map is needing work or many things arent implimented or the terrain not being at or above the substandard level or possible game breaking/ruining bugs or systems that are bugged, 1 or 2 depending on how much much work is thought to be needed, also keep in mind these ratings are not set in stone and can easily be changed at a later point in time

19. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the explanation as I totally agree with how you rate 1-5 but still clearly buffled on how you rated mine 1 compared to other maps. This is clearly not the worst map on hiveworkshop, and has been developed and thoroughly detailed over the last 6 months to deter 1 star reviews (unless obviously trolling). If you do not terrain that doesnt take off 4 stars. C'mon If you missed 1 part of a test you don't get a 20% grade. Terrain is overloaded with over 20k doodads, which ofc gets better and more pleasing as the game progresses. The trigger problem is a real one whether you "see" how or not. I have triggers aligned to player position and hero type depending on situation. As your statement "needs work" should be in the 1-4 star range. Seeing how the months of tweaking balances and bugs to reduce any shortcomings is not something you think of when you tested 1% of the map, I'll explain: Look at the balance. Look at what is overpowered. Look at what is too difficult or easy. Look at terrain. Feel the gameplay. Find no text errors. When you did your 1 star review it's because you only perceived what you can find to bring it to 1 star (not honest or compelling). You did not talk about anything really game related besides terrain (which if terrain is that main of concern then watch movies and don't play video games) which makes me think you are not objective and criticize constructively rather a negative nancy that loves to put people down. If you want constructive, honest criticism: play the game. See how far you get. Try to purposely find bugs or access places you shouldn't be able to yet. Stuff like that. Not "I saw bad terrain, game too hard, so I leave 1 star". That's not objective, that's arrogance.