• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.4

Reactions: Blasterixx
Journey Through Twisted Meadows
v4.4 by Opex 10/30/23

Welcome Heroes, this time to the realm of the Twisted Meadows! Some strange anomalies have bestowed the meadows and it is your job to seek out who and what is causing it. Medivh summons you, the Heroes, here to investigate. But before you do, it is required that you become much stronger before you can face the culprit. You begin your journey through the Twisted Meadows, facing powerful creeps on the way towards the Naga encampment, the Night Elves, the Undead, the Human, and finally the Orc. Stay clear of the Elite Heroes! They are very powerful and will fight if provoked! There will be many plot twists late game with some excellent cinematics, tough gameplay, unique style, and many secret areas to access and experience.

This is a very difficult and very long game, averaging 5 hours to complete (up to 8 hours solo!). There is so much to do in this game, I know you will enjoy :) There are many hidden paths that can be accessed by using your dog, an ability, destroying a crate/ destructible/ unit, a completed quest opening a new path, or all of the above. These paths can lead to treasure/ loot/ and powerful foes.

Journey Through Twisted Meadows is an ongoing project. I have been developing this map for awhile and take pride in not only the project - but the process. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I want to develop the best game experience possible. This is now a full version release as of 10/30/23, but I may over the coming months be adding to the game play, balance changes, etc. Version 4.4 may be a true and FINAL release. Please leave a review and let me know any bugs/ issues/ advice :)

v4.4 Now easier than ever before! With more gold and no more stat losses, JTTM is now easier for all difficulty settings/ hero combinations!
Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.2 Movie Preview:
Change log:

4.4 changelog:

- Mercenary Camp (Novice) now has an accurate desription
- Granite Golem now costs 0 food (obtainable by Merc Camp)
- Many sounds/ music have been added
-Theodore is now neutral until being obtained by player
-Builder's buildings now have accurate hotkeys
-Faster build time for all towers
-Some cinematics have changed slightly
-Opex's Holy Life Steal now has 3 levels (10%, 15%, 20%)
-Twilight's Healing Aura now has 2 levels (1%, 2%)

v4.3 changelog

-95% of all enemies in the meadows have been buffed
-New tower from Builder (Master) - Elite Cold Tower
-Fragile Guard Tower buffed
-Elite Chaos Tower buffed
-Added Granite Golem to Mercenary Camp (Novice)
-Fixed Icon from Night Elf quest not showing up
-All trees are now invulnerable
-Stingray's Infernal spell now only has 250 range (to avoid finding late game items)
-Serathil is now 2500 lumber cost (from 2750) and slight nerf to bash (from 8% chance to 6%)
-Ring of Archmagi and Arcane Scroll added to beginning creep area
-New units - Ultimate Skeletal Warrior + Ultimate Skeletal Mage (Gul'dan's area)
v4.2 changelog​

-Added periodical income
-Heroes now have abilities preselected after each level up
-Fixed Heroes having extra ability points that were unusable
-Now when hero dies, it no longer loses permanent stats
-Fixed heroes having extra unusable ability points
-Eredor Diabolist now fight along Maiev and the Night Elves
-Fixed bug where Igrok and Rune could not return the Wormhole gem to the Lost Marine
-Nerfed Opex (Tier 1) abilities from 3 levels skip to 4

v4.1 Change Log​

-Rune T3 no longer invisible on classic graphics
-Rune's Blink ability now has been replaced with Ultimate Polar Shield
-Rune T3 has significantly increased mana and mana regeneration
-Rune's Ultimate Mana Shield is now fixed
-Ultimate Demon Kaiser Form cooldown from 40 -> 60 seconds
-Rune now added to cheats (he was added to most, now updated added to all)
-Tooltips fixed on all Rune's abilities
-All playable heroes now have no spell animation or wait time (this makes the gameplay much smoother, but the downside is no spell animation)
-Fixed waygate going from the late game Gul'dan side quest back to base
-Lowered Kil'Jaeden's HP 7M->5M
-Greatly lowered duration of Divine Shield for Kil'Jaeden
-New hardcore mode available which increases all enemies HP by 5x and base attack by 3x for the remainder of the game
-New easy mode available which decreases the HP and normal attack of all enemies by 1/2 for the remainder of the game
-Tier 2 and 3 checkpoint codes are now written in the command menu
JTTM v4.0

-New fully playable Hero - Rune (Non selectable with Hero's Soul at beginning, must switch your picked hero with Rune)
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden armor from 7500 -> 3000
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden HP from 10M -> 7M
-Buffed Kil'Jaeden's base damage to 2M
-Buffed Gul'dan's base damage to 1M
-Nerfed Kil'Jaeden's Divine Shield to shorter duration and longer cooldown
-Increased price of Potion of Divinity 600G -> 2L
-Zoomed out final Kil'Jaeden camera to have him in the shot (classic graphics fix)
-Buffed Blazefury's base attack slightly as well as attack speed
-New timer on limit when to use the checkpoint codes or switch out a Hero for Rune
-Fixed Eredor Diabolist from fighting Maiev's camp
-Fixed Lady Vashj camp from triggering Maiev's camp
-Many bug fixes
-Both Gul'dan and Kil'Jaeden are now defeatable again

251490-b39b5d2bd5e33b39eb94c3b1a4ba7d61.jpg
Contents

Journey Through Twisted Meadows v4.4 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules. Approved.
Level 5
Hey thanks for the reply! Sucks you didn't make it past human. It is a very difficult map and I totally understand the concerns. If I had time to play with the triggers to skip some scenes I will give it a shot, but not really in my toolbox of knowledge so it is a bit overwhelming. I hope you give it a go another time and see if you can make it further! Medivh does not drop any key to go to the night elf base... key is under water fall to go to the area with heretics and hydra.

Hey thanks for the reply! Sucks you didn't make it past human. It is a very difficult map and I totally understand the concerns. If I had time to play with the triggers to skip some scenes I will give it a shot, but not really in my toolbox of knowledge so it is a bit overwhelming. I hope you give it a go another time and see if you can make it further! Medivh does not drop any key to go to the night elf base... key is under water fall to go to the area with heretics and hydra.

That's what I'm saying no key appeared anywhere I checked multiple times.

Level 5
The key *can* be destroyed. I have played hundreds of times and never seen the key not appear. The trigger is at the end of scene at the waterfall, which there are no variables like other trigger possibilities to not leave the key. If the waterfall scene happens, even if the key is blocked, the key will still be left right before units are unpaused.

Level 5
Yes they should be. But there's only 2 people that have given me feedback over the last year so I have no idea what problems others are facing. And because you brought it to my attention that people accidently kill their important items, I will make that change. Cheers.

EDIT: I found the key in the rock and not very noticeable. I moved it out a little for v3.7.

Last edited:
Level 2
What is Journey Through Twisted Meadows?

It is a great rpg map made by a great mapper.

What Went Well: The map is fun and interesting.

What went wrong: Nothing at the moment I can think.

well dome, this is great. 5/5

Level 5
Hello!
Me and my friend played through your map (for the 2nd time now, disconnection problems you know) and while it is fun we encountered a pretty huge problem. I think this is caused by a fade filter, but hovering over things won't display tooltips. Health bars do not appear, hovering over abilities or items won't tell me what they do. It's only when we reached the Marine part (area filled with Starcraft marines) that we believe there was another fade filter, as soon as the cutscene for the Marines was over we were able to see health bars, hover over things and see tooltips, the lot like that. Just wanted to bring that to your attention, I think the fade filter at a beginning cutscene (I believe the one with Medivh explaining your presence in Twisted Meadows) was the catalyst for that problem.

Other than that, while I do have a few problems with the map, I think it had somewhat decent progression and it's a lot of fun with a friend. Exploration is fun as well. I do wish some things were more different though. The item progression was steady until we reached a certain point, where items costing lumber went from 2 to 30 lumber, to a thousand. A lot of fun in an RPG or a dungeon crawler comes from getting new items and the like, and that progression essentially put our item progression to a halt. It would also be a lot nice if on the aftermath of the night elf base destruction, there was a clearer path or message indicating where to go next. Medivh did mention where to head to next, but I missed it and we spent a few minutes wandering around until I finally consulted a walkthrough, where it was made clear that the area behind the base was the next destination. Perhaps a few doodads to show the way? Something like that perhaps. Markers on the map indicating the way to go don't last too long so we probably missed that.

Anyway, I suppose the fade filter was the only big problem we encountered. Fun map otherwise!

Level 5
Thanks Tanni for the detailed review. I will check out the fade filter issue as I don't want any problems associated, but I personally played hundreds of times and never once experienced it (did you play on reforged graphics?). Item progression never stops as you can find items all throughout the map (and look at previous locations where new paths opened), the only hiccup you may find is prices on items out of reach (on purpose). However, the required items to progress are NOT purchasable, but found (as hinted from everywhere from timed tooltips, to a help section in menu, etc). If you need lion's ring to fight arthas, fight in the arena until you accumulate enough resources to purchase this item. If an enemy is too strong, skip this enemy until you are prepared. Items literally never come to a halt, as right up to the fight with Kil'Jaeden you are finding divine claws and holy gauntlets (cannot beat Kil'Jaeden without these items, maybe even with these items still cannot win). The defeat of the elves bring up medivh explaining where to go, as well as a mini map ping that lasts 60 seconds showing you EXACTLY where it is, as well as the quest itself (in menu) telling you exactly where to progress (sorry if 3 ways of explaining where to go wasn't enough, please explain what I should do). Thanks for playing, and I will have to figure out the fade thing, Cheers!

Level 5
We were playing on classic. My friend doesn't own Reforged and I don't prefer playing maps on Reforged either.

I see your point with the items, I suppose we just didn't reach that point. For a time we weren't really progressing with items as the majority of mob drops during our play (again, we haven't completed the map due to disconnection issues) were tomes and items easily purchaseable from shop, like Claws +1000 and the like. Probably not too far into the game in your eyes, but just wanted to throw that in as at that point there was a little stagnation in item progression in my opinion.

On the next way to go after the Elven base destruction, I did mention Medivh calling upon its location but I hadn't seen it as I was skimming through his dialogue. Admittedly partially my fault. I do not recall viewing the Quests tab during that period, but early game when I viewed it a few times I only recall seeing information on side quests, so I must've brushed off the idea of finding the main objective there.

The markers on the map don't really last too long. They last a minute. We took note of that after awhile. Take a page, from say, Blizzard's book, where they make the markers last for as long as until the player reaches that destination. Other than dialogue or the Quests tab, showing the next path forward can also be done through the environment, such as doodads or terrain. For that though it's more of a suggestion. You can see this manner of invisible tutorials in a few other games, where areas are more notable due to their environment.

Really though in the end I think the markers lasting until the player reaches the destination is really my biggest suggestion. I hope I don't come off as harsh, as that's just what I think. Cheers.

Level 5
Yeah, that is a good idea to keep up the minimap ping until you reach specified location. Sorry about the disconnects, the checkpoint codes (use after first speaking with Medivh/ before first Naga base) are TIER2CPUDGATE (to start at tier 2) and TIER3CPHUGATE (to start at tier 3). You can use these codes to bypass early game (which in total, it is more profitable to start at level 1, just much more time consuming). The late game is much more difficult. At level 100, it almost half way through the game. I hope you can give it another crack and try to beat it - or at least see how far you can get! Cheers again!