1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Journey Through Echo Isles

Submitted by Opex
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Journey Through Echo Isles
By Opex@USEAST
NOTE: It says 2, but after you DL and look up the map - it is actually 1 player.

You play as Opex, the legendary Blademaster. You stumble across the Echo Isles and unto Muridan Bronzebeard - a very powerful level 30 Mountain King. He warns you to leave the Echo Isles and if you don't - he will kill you. Along the Journey Through Echo Isles you meet a friend, a dog companion who will help you scout, buy and sell items, and also can use the dog to teleport to. The blademaster starts slow, but will become powerful later. Progress by fighting for experience, tomes, and gold. Get strong and gear up before deciding on taking on the humans! Good Luck & Have Fun! The game takes an estimated 80 minutes to complete. If I receive enough love from this map, I will gladly start on Journey Through Twisted Meadows which will be a similar concept to this map, but would be playable for 1-4 players and a bigger map.
Contents

Journey Through Echo Isles (Map)

Reviews
Repsaj
Sounds interesting indeed! I'll downloaded it and give it a try. Edit: I have now started, and I will continue to update this post with any bugs or suggestions I may have. Bugs: 1, The dog has a blink spell with the tool tip missing Suggestions: 1,...
deepstrasz
This is not a campaign. It's one map. Maybe let the player choose the colour? Backpack research finished? I mean, why not just use triggers so you won't get the message and announcement? You're supposed to kill units on a melee BlizzEnt map? This is...
  1. Repsaj

Repsaj

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds interesting indeed! I'll downloaded it and give it a try.

Edit: I have now started, and I will continue to update this post with any bugs or suggestions I may have.

Bugs:
    1, The dog has a blink spell with the tool tip missing

Suggestions:
    1, There are alot of crates and barrels near where you spawn, and none of them drop anything. I also did some scouting with the dog, and I can't find anymore of them anywhere (later on I did find some more, but none of them dropped anything). If I were you, I'd add some more crates and barrels throughout the map that drop items, so that the player will want to make sure to kill most of them for the use of items. From reading the tips I have learned that creeps to drop items, but my suggestion still stands.

2, One of the Passive effects, such as Evasion, should be replaced with an instant attack, or maybe a stronger version of it that only lasts 5-10 seconds and has a cooldown. This would make combat much more enjoyable so that it's not just watching to make sure you don't die and either running away or teleporting when you are. And yes, I know that later on there will be more instant spells, but I'd rather not wait until level 10.

3, There is a tree of Eternity in the top left of the map. IF this is used because the map needs a start location, then do this. Go into triggers, and you should be able to find a set of triggers that appear on their own. Go into there and you should be able to delete a function that makes units appear on start locations. You can then put the start location of top of the area where Opex spawns and it will then only be used to determine the start location of the camera.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes Tool tip does need to be updated thank you for that. The crates were to indicate a once livable area with nothing left but a few weak creeps to start the tool tips and to receive your dog. I know the game starts slow, but the game gets more interesting and fun as you progress. You won't be dissatisfied :)

3. Super Babe

Super Babe

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was ok, got a little boring since you couldn't get more skills after level 11, and you had to play it in single player, would really love a sequel as you mentioned: Journey Through Twisted Meadows Where you can play as at least 2 players, with different heroes, would be good and i also think at least one of the 3 basic spells should cost mana, i mean intelligence tomes were basically worthless, for the first 9 levels of the game.

4. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need more skill need Mana , only two skill need but the teleport one is useless since you have the staff of teleportation . and the other is need too much mana All of the game need to kill more than half map to have enough to use that skill (1000 Mana).Really boring along that And can you remove the Paladin Dvivine Shield Skill too ? kinda annoying and have to wait him finished that skill 2 time to kill it 3 time with the revive item . But the map is really good

5. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the replay! Which basic skill did you want to use? Intel tomes aren't worthless you should be able to do 2 finger of death without cooldown by the end of the game doing 10k damage. That's 2 dead human archers in matter of a couple seconds. Most people tell me fod is OP and I disagree.

6. Super Babe

Super Babe

Resources:
    Resources:
    staff of teleportation takes up an invetory slot though, so i think it's fair to have to use 500 once in a while for an additional free inventory slot

7. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey thanks for the feedback! The teleportation skill allows you to sell the staff and have an extra inventory slot. The divine shield was nerfed from level 3 to 2 already. Serathil the bash item is great ve heroes and can prevent invuln/ items from being used. The current Paladin camp will remain the same, it was constructed like this on purpose and can provide experience farming. If you want an early game skill let me know which one :)

8. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have now just updated the map. This new version has all of the asked changes and much more. I can finally say this is finished. Enjoy this masterpiece as I will begin Journey Through Twisted Meadows soon.

9. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    i gave the teleport staff to the dog :D

10. Super Babe

Super Babe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just finished it a second time after you finished it, and now it is MUCH better! So well done, looking forward to the next one.

11. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you so much for giving me this feedback. I do believe it is finished.

12. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have just Finished in the New version , now have 1 skill mana make is more better now and I think you should add Mirror Image Skill too since that is a best skill for blademaster make it more cooldown and more mana since we have a lot of Mana so it won't be easy . btw i'm looking forward to you next map Journey Through Twisted Meadows
    p/s: And Also add the Change Log so everyone know what is new from the old to new verison

13. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for this feedback! This will be final version of this map. The blademaster skills are final and less mana dependent than the other 3 heroes going into the Twisted Meadows version. It will be quite awhile before the first playable beta version of that is released, which will be much more detailed and will require a changelog for all future updates.

14. Blasterixx

Blasterixx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Decent game, finished it in 70 minutes, i think it took half of the time to only kill the enemy heroes+Buildings, Having to play with the best hero in the game and watching him level up and get stronger was pretty cool, Beside the Elf tree in the corner of the map i didn't see any other weird thing, the game seemed pretty balanced, I would have loved to see maybe some npc around the map (like some stranded orcs) giving you rewards from killing new humans that might come and hunt them.

15. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback. That's a great idea with quests and rewards. Great minds think alike, I plan on doing this and adding 3 more heroes to the map Journey Through Twisted Meadows. The concept is similar, but will have many more hours worth of quests and new foes. Journey Through Echo Isles is complete as is, but I am still open on making any changes due to balance or bugs.

16. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If a map makes use of pre-made Blizzard terrain (in this case, the melee tournament map Echo Isles), then the standard of quality is normally a lot higher than map where the terrain is original.
    Also, the campaign tag should normally only be used for w3n files.

Edit: I meant the standard of quality required is a lot higher for approval, not saying maps with non-original terrain are better quality than others.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  17. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good to know

18. Againstallodds

Againstallodds

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice. I finished it. It was quite hard in the end. Overall thumbs up

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is not a campaign. It's one map.

1. Maybe let the player choose the colour?
    2. Backpack research finished? I mean, why not just use triggers so you won't get the message and announcement?
    3. You're supposed to kill units on a melee BlizzEnt map? This is entirely uncreative.
    4. Spells are regular ones and their icon position is awkward. Try using custom ones: Spells | HIVE
    5. Warcraft III material recycled.
    6. Too many fountains at the point of fighting the enemy while regenerating.
    7. Most of the tips are unnecessary. Everyone here knows how to play Warcraft III.
    8. Why lose progress when you can make the hero revive at the beginning and set all enemy HP and mana to full again?
    9. Reaching Finger of Death but can't use it because the hero hasn't go enough mana/intelligence.
    10. What's with the Tree of Eternity?
    11. Well, having the two axes requires more gold. Besides, only winning that way would make the other items obsolete and create strategy linearity.
    12. What Tavern? (Teleportation description)
    13. Keys should be variables not to occupy one inventory slot. Using the dog only for that is useless.
    14. The Blood Key was dropped out of the inventory when opening the metallic gate. It didn't disappear. Same with the Moon Key and probably the next one. The dog can't open the gates.
    15. Once you get life steal, it's attack+move.
    16. That Mountain King... it's boring to go regenerate come back to give some more hits and repeat since if the Blademaster gets stunned, it's pretty much K.O. It's pretty much a gamble who stuns who.
    17. Why orc towers?
    The concept isn't bad but it's simple in both map (- that it's not even your terrain) and gameplay design.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    eubz
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/