1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

johannesr's art

Discussion in 'Art and Graphic Designs' started by johannesr, Feb 24, 2012.

1. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did another 2 hour speedpaint.

2. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow.. I wish you could livestream yourself while doing this work. It's really nice. The perspective of the light looks a bit weird to me, aswell one of the trees but still very nice.

3. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did some mountain practice since i haven't worked with rock formations much.

4. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can see what you tried to do over there. The concept is pretty nice but i don't like this one to be honest. Specially the river, doesn't looks good.. like way too plain at my eyes. :ogre_rage:

But seriously, just livestream yourself and let us watch :grin:

5. Jabrosky

Jabrosky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your environments are lovely, especially the forested ones. Good work!

6. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So this is were you've been lurking. Path less travelled and View (titles?) are damn fine.

Not liking the mountain scene though. Colours work well and tie together nicely, but the shapes and perspective makes the left side weak and meager to look at. I think this style of art is less suited for grand scope since it'll look a bit cursory.

7. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad you like them, although The View didn't do so good on deviantart, it has the least views/favourites of all my stuff.

Hmm the left side used to be a huge mountain aswell, but i thought it looked better this way.
    Anyway, i was just experimenting with the mountain one as i haven't really done many grand scope landscapes.

Thanks for the support everyone, i also added a new painting. I think it might be too dark, is it?

8. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added another 2 hour speedpaint.

9. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shack (12) is really nice, pretty good use of green color all around. But i don't like the last one, "forest" (13) i just don't like, can't explain at all. Is the way you put all those colors together, looks weird and makes no feeling to me.

10. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added aztec temple.

11. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, aztec temple is nice but "dark path-way" got me for real. I will say this one more time. Please livestream yourself while doing this work! :p +rep

12. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, i don't really want to stream tho because my creation technique is all weird sometimes and i redo some paintings alot. (The Shack took me like 3 days because i wasn't satisfied with it and im still kinda not) Also most of my paintings take at least 2 days to complete. Anyway, added Dark City.

13. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    The spiral effect seems weird, like if it overides the buildings and not an effect over the city. But the concept is pretty good, i can see the distance between dirty ground and the actual city. That makes a great feeling while looking at it, makes me think the city is in a bleak place of the world.

14. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The spiral isn't over the city, it's coming out of the middle building towards the screen. Also added a new painting.

15. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't like the last one, doesn't give me the impression of a "swamp". I don't know if you added some flowers or it's me being paranoic, but i don't get the feeling.

I though the spiral was over the city because of the "storm"/"lines" effect that is painted on the building all way down, because if the spiral comes from the building then that mix of lines seems really weird on the image.

16. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wanted to make a more colorful and less monotone/depressing swamp this time.

The spiral actually was over the city originally, but i changed it last minute, but doesn't matter as im not gonna bother changing it anyway.

17. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, maybe an air camere view of the swamp would allow you to play with more colors? Or light rays maybe..
    I agree, not worth editing. Also the city is pretty much awesome itself.

I hope, soon enough i get a new computer so i can stop trying to judge your work like if i were better than you (pfft, i'm a total noob) and actually make some myself. Love the way you do these pictures. :p Non-stop!

18. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added a new one, which is made with my new Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet (everything before was done with mouse).

19. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice one! :D But it is kinda unclear wether it is water or mist down there :)

20. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess that's for you to decide :p

Also added a new landscape, i think i should do more sci-fi stuff since i actually love sci-fi movies/games.