• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jetpack [1.0.0b]

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
J E T P A C K
[1.0.0b]

About
JETPACK is a 2D platform game created by Sourc[e]x for WarCraft III.
The object of the levels is to collect all of the keys scattered around the level while avoiding obstacles and enemies.
Once accomplished, a door opens which the player must go through in order to complete the level.

The map also features a in-game level editor. It's kinda slow and not very user-friendly, but it works properly.

Gameplay1.jpg

Gameplay2.jpg

Gameplay3.jpg

LevelEditor1.jpg

Code:
[B]Models:[/B]
        Sourc[e]x

[B]Textures:[/B]
        Sourc[e]x

[B]Scripting:[/B]
        Sourc[e]x

[B]Additional systems:[/B]
        Vexorian (TimerUtils)
        Ammorth  (MultiBars)

[B]Music:[/B]
        Main menu: darthduba @ Newgrounds
        Gameplay: coolguy @ Newgrounds
        Editor: Marcus-Werhaldus @ Newgrounds

Special thanks to Vexorian for creating JassHelper.

Notes
- JETPACK is now open source.
- Arrow key synchronization delay can make things crazy hard.
- JETPACK will only work on newer patches.

JETPACK
- Public release

- Added a computer player slot.
- Fixed a bug with the Exit Location not loading correctly from the gamecache.

- New editor tiles and entities.
- Fixed a level tile bug.
- Added some new sound effects.
- Added a zoom function.

0.9.7b
- Fixed Death Wheel's (saw blades) facing direction.

- Added more editor tiles and entities.
- Fixed a bug with entities pushing buttons in the editor.
- Fixed zoom camera position.
- More sound effects added.

- Minor bug fixes and code maintenance.

- Logo added to the main menu.
- Created a scoreboard to keep track of highscores.
- Jetpack is now open source.

1.0.0b
- Decreased map bounds size to get rid of a "out of bounds" bug on empty bound cells.

Keywords:
Jetpack, 2d, platform, DOS, classic, editor, singleplayer, minigame
Contents

Jetpack [1.0.0b] (Map)

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Retired Illidan(Evil)X, yeah right!

Your level of editing in the editor surpasses me greatly. This map really deserves Directors Cut rating and way more impressive than most of the maps I've played based on the level of customization. Extremely advanced and well done! Very high quality map.

5/5

Level 17
You should turn the Map into a grid, then into separate squares ( You have probs already done this) Then give us the option of saving our custom maps via using codes, which then can be loaded. Where in the code you would save each square, in this way we could share the maps we have made, and play them through.
Maybe use different letters or numbers for each block. So teleporter yellow is Y teleporter green is G or something.

Anyways awesome map, but i think the idea of sharing maps that we have made would make this 20% cooler.
Also the Camera perspective on the game is a bit weird zoomed up :L

Level 20
wow nice, although the download link is not available yet? are you uploading it here on hive starcraft 2 section too? can't w8 to play the new map;)
The map is still in development so it's not yet up for download.
I will create a thread in the dev & presentation forum once I get the beta up and running.

EDIT:
After watching the 4 vids you made im confused, is this a sc2 map or does it use it's own editor? sooooooo confused >_<
It's a StarCraft 2 map, and like Jetpack, it comes with its own in-game level editor.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
^
Majority of us understand the enormous amount of work that has been put into this and the level of perfection that the author of this map has been able to reach within the very limited space which the Warcraft 3 engine allows and we respect both the author and his creation for achieving such a thing. But not this person. This person does not get it. And that upsets me.

Level 16
Sorry bro , I was going to sleep before reading your boring comment
I don't feel you are a teen , You are over 30 right? You can't just say but this is boring? OH NO!
Its called an opinion.

I personally love how well this is made, but I must say, I enjoy the music in the background while playing. Its very soothing I might say. You've done a good job.