• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JesusHipster not taking more requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Yeah, to be honest I know its not necessary and that I'm being picky. The reason why I wanted to change it is because I already have quite a few models I'm using (for my map) that all have the same animations. I was hoping to remove some monotony. I also really love Fel Lords (Demons are my favorite race) so I wanted to create one Wc3 style. I completely understand your position though. I've spent a lot of time trying to transfer the animations several times myself and have failed (I have zero experience in modeling). However, I still want to try and get this done. So instead of doing the request, would you be okay with telling me what I need to do in order to do it myself? I learn pretty quick so as long as I have some sort of guideline I think I could do it.

You will have to manualy copy-paste all mesh to the WoW Felguard, then you will need to line up the new mesh with the wow one. Once it's done you will have to assign all the bones of WoW Felguard with this new guys mesh. The whole thing is done in MDLVIS (1.39c) in mesh editor and then in animations-skeleton editor. Cheers.

Level 12
(@JesusHipster)
It's the Texture used by the human buildings such as
Textures\Garrison.blp
Buildings\Human\TownHall\TownHallCastleKeep.blp
Buildings\Human\HumanTower\Tower.blp
etc...

All is in the MPQs

The model is also Attached

Attachments

• ArcaneAviary.rar
    33 KB · Views: 45
Level 34
(@JesusHipster)
The model is also Attached

That's more like it! Saved me time searching for textures and the model, that's way more efficient.

Here you go. I've also changed the portrait camera coz the previous one was meh.

Attachments

• HumanAviary.mdx
    113.4 KB · Views: 72
  • reskineh.png
    reskineh.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 151
Level 8
@JesusHipster , can you change Archimonde's armor with these new Warlords of Draenor one that PROXY made on his Eredar Annihilator model? I'm simply asking for a revamped Archimonde model for wc3...base model, but with new armor on him.

I talked about this with PROXY for a while...I figured he got the idea from WoD himself it was too obvious and he admit it:)...despite he wanted to do my request by himself, he said that he was too busy and unable to do it atm unfortunately.

thats a SS of Archimonde from WoD to give you better idea...you don't need to get PROXY's armors if u want...or if you think you can achieve something better:)

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/april/arch3.jpg

Attachments

• Eredar-Annihilator.zip
    134.3 KB · Views: 44
Level 34
So no more requests?
Yeah, i don't have any consistent time for it any more. It won't be cool if requests just drown in this thread without a trace.

I also hate the fact that vast majority of requests are either for projects that won't ever be finished or for some contest map that will be downloaded by 5 people and then be just forgotten. Those contest-making guys should forbid people requesting models and skins for their maps.

Level 8
Yeah, i don't have any consistent time for it any more. It won't be cool if requests just drown in this thread without a trace.

I also hate the fact that vast majority of requests are either for projects that won't ever be finished or for some contest map that will be downloaded by 5 people and then be just forgotten. Those contest-making guys should forbid people requesting models and skins for their maps.

Well personally my request was not meant for any unending project or contest like you described. Just for my own single player map I made for myself and my friends...so I don't promise anything like I will conquer worlds and galaxies as other people once you make my model:]

my request was just editing/modification, not a whole brand new model. Unfortunately this forum isn't that live anymore to do these kind of stuffs as its used to be since I discovered here for more than 10 years ago. Many old legends of Hive are not even online for years as far as I see. Anyways, I would be appreciated if my request was done but I understand if people now have responsibilities and are busy with real life stuffs.

Level 11
Well personally my request was not meant for any unending project or contest like you described. Just for my own single player map I made for myself and my friends...so I don't promise anything like I will conquer worlds and galaxies as other people once you make my model:]

my request was just editing/modification, not a whole brand new model. Unfortunately this forum isn't that live anymore to do these kind of stuffs as its used to be since I discovered here for more than 10 years ago. Many old legends of Hive are not even online for years as far as I see. Anyways, I would be appreciated if my request was done but I understand if people now have responsibilities and are busy with real life stuffs.

Is it true that the HIVE is dying? @hemmedo, actually me too, I make a single player map for leisure time with friends, not creating an epic map for the world to play with (but I will still try). Just wish my request can be done too. But anyway, it's your call. =)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I also hate the fact that vast majority of requests are either for projects that won't ever be finished or for some contest map that will be downloaded by 5 people and then be just forgotten.
Do you want to be remembered?

Those contest-making guys should forbid people requesting models and skins for their maps.
Lol, believe me, as one of "those contest-making guys", I've tried... Though probably for different reasons. People just don't want to stand for it. They don't get the inherent unfairness in the whole thing. When custom resources are allowed (& I don't think that should be all the time, either), they shouldn't be able to be requested or self-made.

Level 34
Do you want to be remembered?

Lol, believe me, as one of "those contest-making guys", I've tried... Though probably for different reasons. People just don't want to stand for it. They don't get the inherent unfairness in the whole thing. When custom resources are allowed (& I don't think that should be all the time, either), they shouldn't be able to be requested or self-made.

Indeed, but not via wc3 modding:) What i mean is - if the map is played by a total of two guys or even unfinished than i think that the time i've spent modelling this very specific edit was in vain.

Requests for a map that you make to play with your pals are by definition stupid. Come on, you can use your imagination. It's not like you have to impress them or whatever.

Models in most cases are purely cosmetic and rudimentary for custom maps, but i can understand the intention of someone who wants to make something enjoyable by masses and do it with an eye-candy. But not when you do this map for yourself and your friend or two.

Level 8
Sometimes when a new model is released here on hive gives me an idea to make a map about it, or a map that consists it. When I first saw Kwaliti's Lich King model it directly inspired me to finish my map that was mainly about lich king...a map, a scenario that I had in my mind all along but were never quite done just because of the lack of a proper Lich king model. That's how I look to this situation. So, calling these kind of requests stupid is not that right, what you say is purely subjective imo.

I have no place to judge your decision though and I wanna say that I appreciate how this forum was still able to give me what that I needed the most even though I never did anything for it. That's the reason I like it here and never quit hanging out here after all this time.

Level 8

Hi, JesusHipster I read your words! You may know, that I make a campaign. A worthy one, I can told it. I saw many campaigns, maps, tv-series, films and I read a lot of books. I am a fair storyteller, and I am a moderate terrain maker (just know the basics from tutorials). However I am at bad at modeling. I saw the pages in this thread. You are a talentful one, will you use your talents last time? :) Please... it mean a lot to me. You know I am making an outdoor map to my campaign. I need a model of an old woman (without angular breasts, the inspiration can be this, but in an older design: Villager Woman and a tan-skinned villagerman (if it is possible it may have african-themed clothes), a bit thinner than the usual one. And a kid model, with tanner skin and recolored clothes.
EDIT+1: Unfortunately caveman SKINS and those substandard villager women models are not showed up in editor, even if I import them correctly.

I am greatly appriciated if you accept my request, but I will accept if you say no.

Last edited:
Level 4
I would like to request a model not only for myself, but for all the modders here a well armored arthas similar to Kwaliti's lich king model. Browsed the models section found no arthas model that has a lot of armor on him. Poor Arthas :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.