• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Maybe after testing out the 1st JASS class, and turns out to be great, are you going to invite more volunteer instructors mag? And about the lessons you're about to give, those batch 1 of the JASS learning will be advanced to the next class, and this class with the basic subject about JASS you already mentioned will be taught again to the second batch. that is what likely to happen right?

Level 35
I believe the student/observer distinction wasn't necessary. Giving around grades will be fun for a while and then it'll be exhausting and boring. The time you spend doing bureaucracies is best spent actually helping people out as best as you can.

Yea, hey Rui :wsmile: Got so happy to see a post by you that I found this topic - Which is interesting btw - can one join as observer observer - meaning that I'll likely not have time to participate fully, but still wouldn't mind seeing the material and make what I have the time for of it. (And yea, I believe the grading system serves more as motivation, but well its a big job taking it on - and with many observers it likely get lost at some point - but awesome for taking the time to do this).

Level 2
Could you explain how exactly the clases are going to be? Are they "chat" like? or a document with information that you send to us and a link or mail for questions?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Mag already posted that in here. Around december 20.

It will work this way:
We have two forums. JASS Class and Assignments. JASS Class will be a public forum where everyone can post and ask questions. It will have thread prefixes for Week numbers, so users can ask help about a specific week's curriculum. The assignments forum will be like admin contact as in only the thread creator and the teacher can see the thread.
There will be a sticky closed thread in the JASS Class containing everything you need to know. It starts out containing material for the first week (week 0 if you will) and will be posted to whenever we have something new for you (once a week). Any updates, changes, assignments will be posted about in that information thread.
You, the students will study the curriculum, do the exercises and assignments. If you are enrolled, you get the chance to submit the assignment to the submission forum and the teacher will grade it. If you are not enrolled, you have the opportunity to post it in the JASS Class forum and I'm sure the other students or helpers will review your work.

Last edited:
Level 4
Its just so sad i didn't make it in time. I want to enroll too and make assignments so the instructor can observe my works. anyway maybe i'll enroll to the second batch.

>> observer. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.