• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

James Bond - Bloodstone Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
First of: I honestly cannot recommend this game.

It takes 4 hours to complete which already makes it too expensive, relative to time (even with the possibility for the multiplayer).

The game itself is a mediocre shooter, but has absolutely nothing to do with James Bond.

It is a constant frustration that the plot is made of just having a plot, it has more holes than Swiss cheese with one unexplained act (mostly by James Bond) or event after another.

Daniel Creig's face is completely expressionless, even when he gets fired at or things explode around him.. it never changes .. and the same applies to almost any opponent/character.

Creigs precision is a joke, he is the best shooter I've met as long as you click/hold "aim", but without it, he is unable to hit a barn while standing in front of it ... I managed to aim directly at an opponent from 3 meter distance and fire an entire magazine without hitting .. It burst in a circle around him ..

The graphics show faults even at the highest settings and you are constantly faced with high levels of inconsistency. For example: A glass display case can be smashed, though the one next to it which is completely identical can not...

The AI is completely ridiculous and turns into a joke; even on the hardest difficulty level (of the 3 available from the beginning) the only challenge is the number of enemies .. for they are all retarded beyond belief and their response-time is ludicrously slow, sometimes endless .. I managed to "avoid" being seen by 3 guys who were all dressed as a highly trained elite soldiers (all of whom mostly prefer to be dressed in winter uniforms while outside, even when fighting in a desert), by just standing behind a table with a radio on .. despite the fact that half of Bond's body towered perhaps one meter above the table and therefore was fully visible.

The “smart”phone one uses is ridiculous omnipotent .. It can do just about anything.

It can "hack" security cameras so effectively that they collapse and emits large (huge) quantities of smoke! It shows the exact position of all enemies in an area, through walls! And if that wasn't enough it also shows what weapons they carry, if there is some explosive stuff in the vicinity and where it is. It also shows exactly where you need to go and what to press, which pretty much eliminates any possibility of having to discover anything on your own. . not that it would be difficult as everything is based on using the correct button when standing in the correct spot and even that is written on the screen when you arrive at the correct position. You can jump like a rabbit.. or maybe more like you are superhuman.. a 5 meter distance is nothing.. James Bond can jump it with ease.. a fall from 20 or more meters above while just standing on an iron pillar.. not a problem (he doesn't even bend his legs the slightest from any fall).

Additionally, the "world" your moving in is very unrealistic (even with the somewhat nicely made scenarios that surround you). All civilians are surrounded by a "ForceField / forcefield" which means you can not get closer than half a meter to them .. then you'll be stopped by an invisible barrier. They can not be shot .. Any bullet goes directly through them (Let me ask: “why not just give a game over if you kill civilians??”).

Onward to the countless (and painfully poor) chasing scenes (usually by car) during which you'll discover this game's unique system of driving physics. Physics that mean that if your vehicle hits a unmoving object, your vehicle will act like some sort of bouncy ball and bounce away from whatever object you hit.. which in narrow passageways will make it appear like your vehicle is in flipper machine. This bouncing will be your most common reason for failing the chase. Now hitting other vehicles on the road, that's an entirely different matter. Doing so will most often result in them being thrown in a random direction, usually while beginning to burn (even if they are civilians .. oddly enough) .. and this applies even if your little sport's car drives directly into a truck!

And then there is the large amount of pre-created cut-scenes which one can't have effect on .. so if you believe yourself to have just a little control in this extremely linear game then you'll quickly notice that your are horribly wrong the first time one of those scenes appear.. which will happen very, very early into the game.

So to sum it up: This game should never have been called James Bond..

Call it something entirely different, like for instance: "The miraculous smart-phone and Agent Faceless" and send it out as a half-baked shooter for half the current price-tag and I might call it reasonable. But a James Bond game it will never be, nor will it ever be a good game. Though admittedly it can consume 4 hours of total boredom.

My rating: 3 / 10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.