Jack Thompson No Longer #1 On My Hate List.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I've always thought Jack Thompson was, indeed, quite possibly the dullest man alive. He spoke against violent video games and got pissed off at GTA San Andreas because a mod made it possible to see a hidden sexual feature in the game..

But I've found a new hatred. A hatred beyond anything I've ever felt before. His name is Reverend Fred Phelps, and he is the most despicable scum the earth has ever come across. He is anti gay, anti american, anti swedish, anti jewish, and anti catholic, among other things. He has children as young as 7 years old holding up signs that say things such as "Thank God for 9/11", "God hates America", "God hates fags," "AIDS cures fags," and "Fags die, God laughs". Fuck, he protests at funerals! He forced the government to make laws prohibiting people from protesting at a funeral! He tells parents that their son is going to hell. If there was a gay man who was lynched, he says it's a fucking good thing! I'm waiting for that old man to die, and for once in my life, I don't feel guilty for it.

Level 24
I've always thought Jack Thompson was, indeed, quite possibly the dullest man alive. He spoke against violent video games and got pissed off at GTA San Andreas because a mod made it possible to see a hidden sexual feature in the game..
Violent videogames (in particular, FPSs) don't make people go out and commit random acts of violence, they only foster the skills needed to commit any act of violence. And you'd have to be fucking addicted to actually enact videogames in real life.

Fuck, he protests at funerals! He forced the government to make laws prohibiting people from protesting at a funeral!
Part of that was also war protesters appearing at soldier's funerals, handing out pamphlets or something. Honestly, they should move into (sorry for breaking Rules 1 & 2) /b/ on 4Chan. They actively support hate the the point where any sort of hate is mostly sarcasm or idiots from Gaia Online.

But I've found a new hatred. A hatred beyond anything I've ever felt before. His name is Reverend Fred Phelps, and he is the most despicable scum the earth has ever come across. He is anti gay, anti american, anti swedish, anti jewish, and anti catholic, among other things. He has children as young as 7 years old holding up signs that say things such as "Thank God for 9/11", "God hates America", "God hates fags," "AIDS cures fags," and "Fags die, God laughs".
He tells parents that their son is going to hell. If there was a gay man who was lynched, he says it's a fucking good thing! I'm waiting for that old man to die, and for once in my life, I don't feel guilty for it.

This is copy/pasted from the religion thread in Medivh's Tower, in which I actually make a direct Fred Phelps reference.

Fred Phelps said:
GOD HATES FAGS
In my opinion, God hates people who spread hate in his loving name.
"Given" (please note the quotes):
  • Jesus of Nazareth = Only way to God
  • Jesus loves you
IF Jesus of Nazareth = Only way to God THEN Jesus of Nazareth ~ God
IF Jesus loves you AND Jesus ~ God THEN God loves you
IF "you" == unspecified THEN "you" = "everyone"
If God loves you AND "you" == "everyone" THEN God loves everyone

'Nuff said. Well, other than this: GGZEALOTSLOSE.

Furthering that, anything that wants to call itself a house of God should be ashamed of Fred Phelps. If Muslims kill each other over who should teach Allah's message, I think Christians should kill Fred Phelps for telling people that a god who loves everybody hates specifically homosexuals. For example,
It's not 'America, land of opportunity—except for [HIGHLIGHT]<insert minority here>[/code]'. It's America; land of opportunity period.

On a similar note, HOMOSEXUALS ARE GAY!!!11ONE1
:eek:
That's right. I went there.

Level 26
This is copy/pasted from the religion thread in Medivh's Tower, in which I actually make a direct Fred Phelps reference.
Actually, i was bored, so i looked up "godhatesfags.com" on wikipedia and got the WBC, which i follow, because that's what i do when i'm particularly bored. i track things down.
Violent videogames (in particular, FPSs) don't make people go out and commit random acts of violence, they only foster the skills needed to commit any act of violence. And you'd have to be fucking addicted to actually enact videogames in real life.
Agreed. It's the equivalent to flying lessons because they give people the oppurtunity to induce 9/11 related incidents... really, i had this very short essay in my english book taken out because it was about flying planes... what the fuck?
Furthering that, anything that wants to call itself a house of God should be ashamed of Fred Phelps. If Muslims kill each other over who should teach Allah's message, I think Christians should kill Fred Phelps for telling people that a god who loves everybody hates specifically homosexuals. For example...
Actually, Phelps doesn't actually believe God (assuming there is one) loves everyone, which is almost as stupid as.. well... I'm not going there..
On a similar note, HOMOSEXUALS ARE GAY!!!11ONE1
:eekani:
That's right. I went there.
After seeing that on the "funny pics" thread, i put that as my background on my desktop, which ironically just got a trojan... computer AIDS?? (seriously though, norton antivirus isn't doing shit to stop this thing)

Level 13
After seeing that on the "funny pics" thread, i put that as my background on my desktop, which ironically just got a trojan... computer AIDS?? (seriously though, norton antivirus isn't doing shit to stop this thing)

Did you save it as your desktop directly from the internet? If so, then when you do that, it opens up like a gateway, so to say, for anything to get through.

If you're going to have a custom background, be sure to save it to your computer, THEN make it your desktop from the location you put the picture.

Level 26
Did you save it as your desktop directly from the internet? If so, then when you do that, it opens up like a gateway, so to say, for anything to get through.

If you're going to have a custom background, be sure to save it to your computer, THEN make it your desktop from the location you put the picture.
It's not how i got the virus that i'm worried about, it's getting rid of it. Apparently, i can't even delete this file, and when i tried to do it manually, it said it couldn't be deleted because it's currently in use. anyhow, my firewall blocks the majority of the problems it causes, so it's not that important anymore, though still worrysome.

Level 13
It would be wise to get that fixed.

There's a good chance it'll slowly and unknowingly infest your computer, and by the time you noticed, it may already be too late.

You're taking a risk by not getting fixed. Or cleaned. Or whatever.

Level 26
It would be wise to get that fixed.

There's a good chance it'll slowly and unknowingly infest your computer, and by the time you noticed, it may already be too late.

You're taking a risk by not getting fixed. Or cleaned. Or whatever.
Well, I'm like, "Sic Em, Norton Antivirus", and they're like "Unable to fix file", and i'm like, "Wtf do you mean 'Unable to fix file'?" and they're like "Access to file denied", and I'm like "Wtf?"

So i try to delete it myself, and it's like, "Currently being used... or something", so i go onto safe mode (i don't know why, just felt it might work), and it's like "Currently being used... or something", so i'm like "i hate the world"

Level 18

Actually, videogames will make a person with violent tendencies more likely to do violence, however, they make a person with no violent tendencies less likely to do violence. Most people playing videogames do not have violent tendencies, so the overall net effect is good.

Also, Norton isn't doing shit because it is shit. Get Avira AntiVir. Free.

-*meow*

Level 26
Actually, videogames will make a person with violent tendencies more likely to do violence, however, they make a person with no violent tendencies less likely to do violence. Most people playing videogames do not have violent tendencies, so the overall net effect is good.

Also, Norton isn't doing shit because it is shit. Get Avira AntiVir. Free.

-*meow*
What happened to your flashy text coloring?
Anyhow, Jack Thompson said that violent video games affect some part of children's brains that makes them want to do copycat violence.
On the other hand, the FBI did some research that found out that when violent video games were on the rise, youth violence was decreasing.
Do you trust Jack Thompson or the FBI?

Level 24
You guys are forgetting about Al Sharpton, that bastard is anti-fudging everything! He even hates my old religion... Mormonism!

I do believe that in some cases (but by no means all cases), Mormonism is more of a cult than a religion, and I definitely am anti-Mormon-cultists. Of course, hating all Mormons for that is like saying "I hate all white people because Napoleon and Hitler were ass-fucks", or "I hate all Catholics because a Catholic man instigated the crusades".

Anyhow, Jack Thompson said that violent video games affect some part of children's brains that makes them want to do copycat violence.
That would be learning through observation. Learning through conditioning works better, if the kid does something bad & violent, give him/her a good whack. Right away, otherwise you're creating associations between the wrong things. That'll get the kid away from violent tendencies pretty damn fast.

Level 19
Don't say it is a cult, if you were raised in Utah like a good little boy you would be just as mad as me about that bullshit. How can you be an anti-mormon-cultist? THERE ARE NO MOROMON CULTISTS! Mormonism is a religion, you cannot be an anti-catholic-cultist because Catholicism isn't a damn cult! I'm starting to think TeH_Ephy is Al Sharpton!

Level 24
Don't say it is a cult, if you were raised in Utah like a good little boy you would be just as mad as me about that bullshit. How can you be an anti-mormon-cultist? THERE ARE NO MOROMON CULTISTS! Mormonism is a religion, you cannot be an anti-catholic-cultist because Catholicism isn't a damn cult! I'm starting to think TeH_Ephy is Al Sharpton!
I apologize for the confusion, and have two things to say. First off
some cases [HIGHLIGHT](but by no means all cases)[/code]
Secondly, I'm talking about the extreme varieties of Mormonism that get into the news, like that Ted or Terry whoever guy that had like at least 10 wives, and was arrested for rape, among other of the many vile charges. On the news (looong time ago), they had some lady that was raised by those fanatics, but had run away. She seriously thought she was forsaking heaven for hell by running away, and yet she did anyways. They were talking about forced marriages of girls at like 15 or 16 to men of like 40, girls already pregnant at that age. I suppose you could call that fanaticism, but for now I'm calling it a cult. They also happen to be Mormon. They are the Mormon cult that I am anti to. Er... yeah, you get it.

Level 8
Scyth, Ephy certainly wasn't saying Mormonism is a cult. He's just saying that he hates people who are Mormon and act like cultists. And, I have to agree with him.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. Didn't see your post, Ephy.

Level 26
You can't possibly tell me teh_ephy is equivalent to fred phelps because he insulted your "old" religion. I'm beginning to question your point of view now that you opened that up.
I apologize for the confusion, and have two things to say. First off

Secondly, I'm talking about the extreme varieties of Mormonism that get into the news, like that Ted or Terry whoever guy that had like at least 10 wives, and was arrested for rape, among other of the many vile charges. On the news (looong time ago), they had some lady that was raised by those fanatics, but had run away. She seriously thought she was forsaking heaven for hell by running away, and yet she did anyways. They were talking about forced marriages of girls at like 15 or 16 to men of like 40, girls already pregnant at that age. I suppose you could call that fanaticism, but for now I'm calling it a cult. They also happen to be Mormon. They are the Mormon cult that I am anti to. Er... yeah, you get it.
You can't call those cultists. Every religion has extremists, except for scientology, which is fucking ridiculous. There's fred phelps for christianity, osama for islam, and uhh.. i don't care enough to name other religions... but still, extremists equals not cult.
On a more humorous note:
xtremists.jpg

Level 19
Scyth, Ephy certainly wasn't saying Mormonism is a cult. He's just saying that he hates people who are Mormon and act like cultists. And, I have to agree with him.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. Didn't see your post, Ephy.

Oh you don't think he said it was a cult huh?

Mormonism is more of a cult than a religion

@DarkDenizen: READ THAT!
@Teh_Ephy: You have no bloody idea what the mormon religion is do you? Ted and Terry were Polygamists! Polygamists were banned from the bloody country let alone the mormon religion you bloody fool. And don't tell me I'm wrong, their leader is being prosecuted in my home town, so don't give me any of that either.

Level 26
Let me geuss that guy is christian?
Reverend of Westboro Baptist Church. He's also anti canadian.
Oh you don't think he said it was a cult huh?

@Teh_Ephy: You have no bloody idea what the mormon religion is do you? Ted and Terry were Polygamists! Polygamists were banned from the bloody country let alone the mormon religion you bloody fool. And don't tell me I'm wrong, their leader is being prosecuted in my home town, so don't give me any of that either.
rofl dude polygamy means marrying more than one person. it isn't a religion dude XD

Level 24
You are now a troll for taking things out of context (I said some cases, and distinctly said [HIGHLIGHT]not all cases[/code]), and for completely ignoring an apologetic post.
I apologize for the confusion
I will continue the argument, however, and put it to a conclusive end, so that you stop trolling. Go away afterwards.

1) I am talking about ONE person: that prophet guy, who was claimed to be the head of the Mormon religion, whose bail was in the millions. I don't remember what his name is, but I do believe it started with "Te", but I could easily be wrong.
2) No, I don't. I admit that I don't know the slightest thing about the Mormon religion at all. I do know that I don't like those cultists that call themselves Mormon and ruin what would probably be an otherwise fully respectable religion/branch/whatever the hell you want to call it. I mentioned it because most people generally do consider those freaks and bastards representative of Mormonism as a whole, I in no way consider them representative of any part of the Mormon religion other than their own little despicable corner.

In case the message of the previous parts of the post is lost, I apologize for wording my previous posts in manners it is possible to be offended by. I apologize for not saying every little thing I possibly can to make sure nobody is offended. I do my best to not inadvertently offend people, but I obviously fail. I don't think all Mormons are cultists, I am using "Mormon" as an identifier, as there are not many well-known cults that are commonly known to be Mormon. In addition, I am sorry for anything else you will pick at in the future, in any posts of mine, just point it out as potentially offensive and I am sorry for it.

Happy, troll? GTFO now.
Edit: Oh, I almost forgot. FAILTROLL FAILS HARD

Last edited:
Level 12
Mormonism spread the most racist interpretation of the Bible as far as I know (considering the story behind how whites and blacks came to be.) Clearly Mormonism has no idea due to ignorance and devotion to religion.

Level 24
Mormonism spread the most racist interpretation of the Bible as far as I know (considering the story behind how whites and blacks came to be.) Clearly Mormonism has no idea due to ignorance and devotion to religion.

*headpalm*
I spent that entire big, long post telling Scyth off for trying too hard to troll, and then you go and say this. Please at least quote what you're referencing if you're going to do that, you gave him a huge platform on which to get angry.

Level 12
*headpalm*
I spent that entire big, long post telling Scyth off for trying too hard to troll, and then you go and say this. Please at least quote what you're referencing if you're going to do that, you gave him a huge platform on which to get angry.

http://www.lds-mormon.com/racism.shtml

Year 2001 update

"Racial degeneration, resulting in differences in appearance and spiritual aptitude, has arisen since the fall. We know the circumstances under which the posterity of Cain (and later of Ham) were born with the characteristics of the black race. (Moses 5:16-41; 7:8,12,22; Abra. 1:20-27.) The Book of Mormon explains why the Lamanites received dark skins and a degenerate status. (2 Ne. 5:21-23.) If we had a full and true history of all races and nations, we would know the origins of all their distinctive characteristics. In the absence of such detailed information, however, we know only the general principle that all these changes from the physical and spiritual perfections of our common parents have been brought about by departure from the gospel truths. (Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, pp. 148-151; vol. 3, pp. 313-326.)" (Mormon Doctrine 1999 printing, p. 616)

Racist propaganda or simple religious practice? I'll let you argue there. Read the full text though.

Level 24
http://www.lds-mormon.com/racism.shtml

Racist propaganda or simple religious practice? I'll let you argue there. Read the full text though.

Thank you. I wasn't angry about you saying that, I was angry about you not backing it up. I mean, look at all that time I spent getting Scyth to stop trolling, I'd hate for him to start up again.

After reading some of it, I'd have to say it's not so much racist as much as segregationist. They don't care how happy/sad blacks are so long as they are happy/sad somewhere else. I find that I could live with people who adhere to that policy, so long as they don't actually talk about it.

Also...
Remember the little statement that we used to say about sin, "First we pity, then endure, then embrace"
I go straight to embrace :infl_thumbs_up:.

Level 19
Did you actually tell me to get the fuck out because I was trolling? Not nice.
BTW I don't think either of you have any BLOODY idea what the Mormon religion is, so you're really making me angry, and that's not a good thing. Look, I don't go over there and try to prove your religions are cults, or disproven, or stupid. This has really gone to far... don't talk about the Mormon religion anymore, or I'm going to have to report some peoples.

Level 24
So then you don't deny that you're trolling? Nice.

You are now a troll for taking things out of context (I said some cases, and distinctly said [HIGHLIGHT]not all cases[/code]), and for completely ignoring an apologetic post.
Twice now, you've completely ignored apologetic posts. GTFO.

BTW I don't think either of you have any BLOODY idea what the Mormon religion is
Good job, you only THINK that I have no idea what the Mormon religion is even though I already have said that. I bet two-year-olds can't even do that! I don't have any bloody idea what Mormonism is about, and I have already said that, but I'm not talking about Mormonism.

Look, I don't go over there and try to prove your religions are cults, or disproven, or stupid.

I'm not trying to say any of that about Mormonism. Also, take a look at this:

No, I don't. I admit that I don't know the slightest thing about the Mormon religion at all. I do know that I don't like those cultists that call themselves Mormon and ruin what would probably be an otherwise fully respectable religion/branch/whatever the hell you want to call it. I mentioned it because most people generally do consider those freaks and bastards representative of Mormonism as a whole, [HIGHLIGHT]I in no way consider them representative of any part of the Mormon religion other than their own little despicable corner.[/code]

In case the message of the previous parts of the post is lost, I apologize for wording my previous posts in manners it is possible to be offended by. I apologize for not saying every little thing I possibly can to make sure nobody is offended. I do my best to not inadvertently offend people, but I obviously fail. [HIGHLIGHT]I don't think all Mormons are cultists, I am using "Mormon" as an identifier, as there are not many well-known cults that are commonly known to be Mormon[/code]. In addition, I am sorry for anything else you will pick at in the future, in any posts of mine, just point it out as potentially offensive and I am sorry for it.

This has really gone to far... don't talk about the Mormon religion anymore, or I'm going to have to report some peoples.
Since you brought it up, I'm reporting you for severe trolling (which I recommend others do as well), not to mention being a complete dumbfuck. GTFO. If there's any chance of you not being a troll and complete dumbfuck in the future, come back then. If not, STAY THE FUCK OUT.

Edit: Something I've realized about this
How can you be an anti-mormon-cultist? THERE ARE NO MOROMON CULTISTS! Mormonism is a religion, you cannot be an anti-catholic-cultist because Catholicism isn't a damn cult! I'm starting to think TeH_Ephy is Al Sharpton!
There are Mormon cultsits, and you can be anti-Catholic-cultist because there are such thing as Catholic cultists. It doesn't matter that Mormonism and Catholicism are religions, there are cultists that identify themselves with those religions.

Level 26
BTW I don't think either of you have any BLOODY idea what the Mormon religion is, so you're really making me angry, and that's not a good thing. Look, I don't go over there and try to prove your religions are cults, or disproven, or stupid. This has really gone to far... don't talk about the Mormon religion anymore, or I'm going to have to report some peoples.
You're beginning to sound just plain stupid now. The only thing you're missing are racial slurs. Come on, you're barely listening to what ephy is saying, bolded red and quoted.

Level 32
On thing's for sure, threads (and real life discussions) that discuss hatred usually tend to bring out the worst in people. Hostility and hatred always beget only more of the same, especially when religion is involved.

In real life the result is often bloodshed, on forums: poison pen flame wars. How's about discussing something positive?

~ Hateful thread closed due to hostility.

Status
Not open for further replies.