1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I've got a question

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by darklord_avalon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. darklord_avalon

darklord_avalon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I dont know if this is the right place.
    but how many polys is acceptable for a fairly high end model for say a hero.
    I have a midna model that I found, and am curious before I bother to animate and what not, if 2213 faces is way to many...
    isnt the max number for a good model 1000?

2. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For a hero, usually a thousand, give or take a couple hundred. If the model could be simplified in Max a bit, I'm sure it would be acceptable.

On another note, could you send me a PM with a link to the model? I'd like to see it since I love Midna.

3. penny89108

penny89108

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    na i think that 1k is alright:thumbs_up:

4. darklord_avalon

darklord_avalon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    hm, yea alrighty then, I think I can simplify her down with milkshapes tools. most of the faces are in her helmet I think anyway lol.
    Alright, thanks for the info ^.^
    -now I need to go find a warcraft 3 skeleton, so that I know all the nodes and what not -since just making a standard skeleton, seems to not work so well... stupid not being able to upload bones and anims into milkshape lol.

Alrighty I cut her down to about 1200 without loosing a whole lot of quality ^.^

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007