• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I've got a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I dont know if this is the right place.
but how many polys is acceptable for a fairly high end model for say a hero.
I have a midna model that I found, and am curious before I bother to animate and what not, if 2213 faces is way to many...
isnt the max number for a good model 1000?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

For a hero, usually a thousand, give or take a couple hundred. If the model could be simplified in Max a bit, I'm sure it would be acceptable.

On another note, could you send me a PM with a link to the model? I'd like to see it since I love Midna.

Level 5
hm, yea alrighty then, I think I can simplify her down with milkshapes tools. most of the faces are in her helmet I think anyway lol.
Alright, thanks for the info ^.^
-now I need to go find a warcraft 3 skeleton, so that I know all the nodes and what not -since just making a standard skeleton, seems to not work so well... stupid not being able to upload bones and anims into milkshape lol.

Alrighty I cut her down to about 1200 without loosing a whole lot of quality ^.^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.