• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item models dun work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, when I go to apply my item models, it will only show up as the model, and no body of the person I want the item on :(

help please?

Level 15
Use any of the standard stat item abilities (like +1 agility) and just take away the bonus. Add the model to the Art - Target field and then type in whatever attachment point(s) you want. Then add the ability to the item.

Alternatively you can do the same with the Create Special Effect on Unit trigger

Level 3
I usually base an attachment off the "Sphere" ability.

Attachments

• wc3attachmentability.jpeg
    wc3attachmentability.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 51
Level 3
@-Peper- That's what quotes are for! lol

@Darlightr Tha isn't for a spell it is for an abilty that lets your hero/character hold a weapon or wear a helm you imported. It confused me at first too but I have a few imports now and they work like a charm. I'll simplify it step by step.

1. Create a new custom spell using the Sphere ability.
2. Delete the model in the Missle Art line.
3. Change Art-Target to the imported file you are trying to use.
4. Delete what's in Target Attatchment Point 1 and type hand in one string and right (or left) in a second.
5. Delete what is in Target Attatchment Point 2 and 3.
6. Change Art-Target Attatchments to 1.
7. Change Cooldown to 0.01
8. Change name to whatever you want to call the attatchment.
9. Give the ability to your hero/character. (this puts the weapon in their hand)

If you have further questions send me a PM and I'll figure a way to walk ya through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.