• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue with large numbers of units in a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright, I'm making a zombie survival map, and the final wave has a very large number of zombies, so many in fact, that they seem to "catch" as they're running, they run a bit, stop, run a bit more, then stop again, and tend to not attack, it kind of ruins the end, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to, I don't know, optimize the map's performance possibly? If you can tell me what to do, thanks.

Level 7
This is because there are way to many zombies, causing the game to lag. The only way to fix is to lower amount of zombies, or make them smaller (don't know if this works, i was told it did though). ANd having enough units to make the game lag like that means your not moderating unit count wisley enough.

Level 27
Don't think it's because of lag.
If you periodically order every zombie to attack, then they have to process the command that many times, making it horribly delayed.
It will order them to stop until they get their new command, but since so many have to receive it...
My suggestion: Make it so they are only ordered if current order of unit is not equal to attack.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.