• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Survivors v1.7

ISLAND SURVIVOR v1.7
Created by Guramax

Map Info

After a huge storm, the ship you are riding crashed in an island used by pirates to hide their treasure. With only a few survivors, your goal is to leave the island. Do have what it takes to leave the island or just live here for the rest of your life?

How to Play:

• Team work is a necessity and avoid conflicts
  • Gather as much resources as you can
  • Get a ship escape the island

There are also some ways to have some fun play this simple map
but it's up to you how.

Features:

• Building structures
  • Gathering resources
  • Random weather events
  • Ally killing enabled in case of conflicts (^_^) hehehe

Image Description:
Starting point near a ship wreck.

205128-albums7009-picture77548.png

Image Description:
Sample Camp at the seashore.

205128-albums7009-picture77550.png

Change Log:

• v1.0: All the basic features \:)
  • v1.1:
    • Sharks!!
    • Pirate attacks
    • Hidden pirate treasure
  • v1.2:
    • Added a building
    • Replaced survivor model
    • Added in-game tips
    • Added a Loading Screen
    • Added screenshots at map description
    • Added Minimap Preview image
  • v1.3:
    • Shortened Building time and Building cost
    • Delayed arrival time of pirates
    • Increased damage of Pirate snipers and Pirate Cannoners (This is because getting hit by a bullet or cannons is very fatal.)
  • v1.4:
    • Restored damage rate of Pirate Snipers
    • Pirates Patrol together
    • Improved Pirate arrival rate
    • Added a cave
    • Added corals at bay
    • Added Crafting tips in the Hut
    • Reduced Fish speed for catching ease
  • v1.5:
    • Improved water extraction system
    • Changed icons for pointed rock & spear
    • Rocks and Pointed Rock as direct obtainable items
    • Added resources for Crabs
    • Fire Pit VS Rain Events changed (Fire Pits don't die anymore in rains. All you need to do is relight it.
    • Removed Hermit Crabs (at the moment)
    • Hydrated Icon Fixed
    • Added Pirate Leader Hidden Event (Not Quest)
    • Fixed pirate arrival
    • Added pirate arrival warning
  • v1.6:
    • Fixed Wet Fire Pit Item
    • Added Learn-able Ability: "Dig"
    • Changed Building Inventory Skill
    • Changed Hidden Treasure system
    • Victory Condition Triggers changed
  • v1.7:
    • Tips are moved to the Quest Info
    • Added simple Difficulty Levels
    • Longer hunger interval
    • Changed Hidden Treasure location
    • Bundle of lumbers are use directly when acquired
    • Fire pit system changed
    • Unused player slots or Computer Controlled Survivors are removed
    • Stick Crafting changed

Credits

Icon credits:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • Mr. Goblin
  • darkdeathknight
  • Ergius
  • lelyanra
  • Blood Raven
Model credits:
  • Olofmoleman: Shark Model

Special Thanks to

the following:
  • IamFootman061 - For reviewing this map
  • -Kobas- - For Map Description Tutorial
  • Aesthetics - For Simple Loading Screen Tutorial
  • Darg - For minimap image tutorial
  • Locrito - For v1.5 improvement help
  • Shadow Fury - For Fire Pit VS Rain Effect Idea

Author's notes

I'm just an amateur map maker so this is just a simple map.
Please post your comments, suggestions, or any violent reactions.
Accept or Reject, I know that I provide a little fun to those who play this map with friends.
Thank you.
Keywords:
Island Survivors, Hunting, Gathering, Building, Guramax, Critters, Sea, Pirates, Crash, Killing, weather, Life.
Contents

Island Survivors v1.7 (Map)

Reviews
13:14, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: Map approved, can be acceptable

M

13:14, 20th May 2014
Orcnet: Map approved, can be acceptable

Level 8
I like it. You have to make things a bit faster though, it gets a little boring when I play it alone :/ Maybe you could make it more interesting with units attacking your camp or whatever :) 3/5
Might change my mind if you improve it :)

Level 9
To: Locrito

Thanks dude. Well, this map needs teamwork for you to finish the game quicker. Logically, alone in an island is very lonely and boring like you felt while playing. hehehe. But per request, I slightly made things "a little bit faster" by shortening the life of trees. And I also added new features like sharks, pirate attacks (just like you wanted) and hidden pirate treasure. But I'm pretty sure it would be extremely hard to find it playing alone.

Again, thank you. You've given my creation a chance. :D
I'm still newly active here.

To: IamFootman061

I'm still learning about those sir. Sorry :D

Level 7
Here's my review.

IamFootman061

Island Survivors Review
Review by IamFootman061

Good Things:

Gameplay. Gameplay is great especially for your 1st map.
Terrain. Terrain is great to me too.

Fair Things:

Units and buildings. I think you need to add some buildings and units. Especially buildings, there are only 5 buildings? ( If I am correct ).
Realization. Your making a realistic game, right? But the animation of the villager was unreal. Villager punching trees? and it will cut off?

Bad Things:

Tips. I think you need to add some tips like a in game text and in quest log.
Design. No preview and loading screen? It makes your game sucks because preview and loading screen can attract players to play your game.

Suggestions:

You need to add a tips for the player.
You need to put a preview and loading screen to attract the players.
Make the game more realistic. Remember that your making a realistic game.
Anyway, This is a great game for your first map. Keep it up! I will take a look for your new map!

To: IamFootman061

I'm still learning about those sir. Sorry :D

This tutorial will teach you to add screenshot on your map
This one is for preview
Hope you put screenshot and preview to your map.

Last edited:
Level 8
Yaay I actually just managed to complete it alone! I REALLY like this game, but I'm a little picky with some things! I don't think the bandit's riflemen should do 200 damage! It's waaaay to much, and one almost kills me in one point! outposts are too expensive! And you should probably leave them with the original 16-18 damage. I loved the idea of bandits patrolling the island, but It would be better if they walkerd together! First, just two, and then three, four, etc, depending on the time on the island, until there is a max point, like 6 bandits (1 hour for example= 1 more every 10 minutes). Food is really hard to get once you run out of resources! Maybe you should make like a cave near the ocean where seals respawn, and also fish near a coral or whatever (to make it realistic). And probably fish shouldn't be so fast O_O It's really hard to get one! I think critters like hermit crabs should also give food (But not respawn, neitheir should shrubs) but just 1, fish are ok with 2, seals should give like 4 @_@. And last, terraining, I'm VERY picky with terraining I think the island should be MUCH bigger, and with some parts having murloc, trolls or whatever, like a place that can't just be seen entirely when it's daytime and you are in the middle of the map! Probably a cool lost tiki island theme or something like that, with the native species wanting to attack you. Oh, and also, I think you should make the hero just a unit, because level is not necesary, unless for stats. Probably damage should be in like the 15-17 range.

Anyway, I like the map simply for the cool idea, I hope it gets approved soon :)

Level 8
There was a pirate trasure? O_O
Oh, and you should give tips on the hut and the items it makes, like the axe which was my anti-bandit security system for a long time lol. But I think the throwing thing should get removed, or at least, the axe harder to obtain, because it doesn't give me reasons to create outposts :p

Level 9
Thanks for playing my map and I'm glad that you liked it. I added some of your advice in game and it went great. I hope players will like it even more. There are some things that I cannot do, don't wanna do, or remain as it is hahaha.

Like:
1. There's a reason why I cannot make critters like crabs provide food because I haven't found proper icons for their cooked items.
2. Having murlocs in this map is a bit out of the concept being a "cast away."
3. I cannot put native species because the island is small.
4. The survivors are best left as heroes specially for their stats. Learning/leveling up during the game is crucial.
5. Throwing of axe is a bit needed for initiating combat. specially throwing at hard-headed co-survivors hehehe..,

Tips about the treasure:
The treasure is not that precious considering the captain is not that powerful but if you're up for the challenge of getting it, observe the pirates. Surely their trying to guard the treasure.

Again, thank you so much. :grin:

Level 9
Hahaha.., One way of gaining exp is killing the pirates, right? But one way for a sure level up in this island is very ehh.. unacceptable for some.. "Survival of the Fittest" is the clue if you know what I mean (Evil Laugh).

Wanna voice out your idea, eh? I give you my permission about your version of my map. And maybe next time I can play how you want other players to play this concept. hahaha..,

review
This is a nice strategy map but few things should be done:
1. Put all your tips in the Quest as Map Info. There are many of them to remember.
2. Add difficulties for players.
3. Life is diminishing very fast. Can you make it slower?
4. Lumber should be used automatically. It is very much time consuming if you have to click it to use.
I think you can do all these. For now, let all these be fixed.
Needs Fix: 2/5

The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: eubz
Map Name: Island Survivors
Map Author: Guramax
Map Uploader: Guramax

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

This map is likely to be original and I like it that way.

Score: 75/100

Presentation

The description is nice. I like how you do the description dude.

Score: 65/100

Terrain

Terrain is just good enough for this kind of game, and the size just fits the survival theme. The tile fits with the island.

Score: 65/100

Triggers

1. Your Dig Effect 1 - 3 aren't MUI. This is a 3-playered map so you have to make it MUI. Other abilities to be casted here should also be MUI. As I have seen, they are not MUI. If you wanted this to be none-MUI spells, better make this map into a single player map.

2. Other than what I have mention above, I like how you organize your triggers. That's a OK.

Score: 35/100

Object Data

Object data is just fine, you did well here.

Score: 70/100

Gameplay

1. Fish pens can't catch any fish. Do something about this.
2. Cook and Relight share the same base ability. Use other base ability to any of the two.
3. Wet fire pit should not be carried because it cannot be dropped once carried.

Score: 38/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

In your victory condition, you can use the trigger below so that everything about victory can be just in a single trigger:

• Victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Victory <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Small Ship
          • (Survivor 0009 <gen> is loaded into (Entering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 3 (Teal) the text: Congratulation!!! Y...
          • Wait 10.00 seconds
          • Game - Victory Player 3 (Teal) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Survivor 0010 <gen> is loaded into (Entering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) the text: Congratulation!!! Y...
          • Wait 10.00 seconds
          • Game - Victory Player 2 (Blue) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Survivor 0011 <gen> is loaded into (Entering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: Congratulation!!! Y...
          • Wait 10.00 seconds
          • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
        • Else - Actions

Or maybe you just change your victory condition to be a timer. When the time set is met, the player/players win the game. This is because the game is a survival time. If your victory condition is the one above, Make the Lumber cost of the shipyard higher than what you have now, and the ships have higher cost than what it has now also. This is to test the player how he can survive the island.

Another is that, you must tell the player that there is a place/area where he can go to win the game. Let the place be secret so players will look for it.

I also have a link here to triggers and scripts for you to learn about MUI spells.

This is a really nice map, so KEEP ON WORKING.

Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 58.000/100
2/5 Vote for Needs some Fix

mr_user_eubz.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 5
So i found the treasure and escaped the island, and now i have some code on my hands. What now good sir xD.

The map was fairly entertaining, doesn't use much effort to survive xD. I was the only one who got away because the 2 people with me died, one with the sharks and the other.... threatend to kill me or something so the first one to strike wins xD.

Level 9
So i found the treasure and escaped the island, and now i have some code on my hands. What now good sir xD.

The map was fairly entertaining, doesn't use much effort to survive xD. I was the only one who got away because the 2 people with me died, one with the sharks and the other.... threatend to kill me or something so the first one to strike wins xD.

Hahaha.., congrats to you sir.., the code is a player aid for my next map.., sadly, I haven't applied it yet so you have to wait.., I had a good laugh reading your experience.., though it's much better to survive together, killing those who threaten makes this map even more easy and fun.., Thank you for playing my map..,

Level 15
Played this map with 2 players.

Surviving is really easy and the pirates are pretty weak and also easy to deal with. But when we reach the destination. We got rekt by soo many pirates, it's impossible to reach the point? Even with decoy ships.

Really fun map tho!

Perhaps add more stuff, we couldn't enter the cave, maybe more caves? maybe add some random events happening on the island