• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Survival 1.01 - Escape the unknown Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey Guys,
this is my new map project: Island Survival

The Story:

You were happy when you entered the plane. After months of work 2 weeks holidays on Hawai. Looking forward to your stay on Hawai and relaxing you fell asleep.
Suddenly the voice out of the wake you up: "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have technichally problems, Rotor 1 has been damaged. Please stay calm and fasten your seatbelts!" The plane begins to turn arround the pilot lose the control and the plane comes nearer and nearer to the wide ocean. You fall asleep. When you wake up again, you find you at the beach of an island. Only you and some other passengers survived. But what to do now?
The island is unknown and full of dangers. Will you survive, will you find a way to escape from this hell on earth?

My Plans:
-Survivor based on Villager Man. A bit bloody textured.
-Some wild animals, like snakes, panthers.
-Some huntable animals, e.g. Stags, Rabbits, kinda Birds.
-Maybe cannibals???
-A mountain (maybe put a fire sign on it to escape?9
-An old temple
-A waterfall
-A river that goes into the ocean
-A place with ground where you can grow vegetables etc.
-Fish at some places at Beach to go fishing
-Lots of items for combining to tools, buildings (Tent, Axe, Spear, Pallisade)
-Items of unknown fruits and creeds (some eatable, some poisoned)

What do you think about my ideas?
Do you have other creative suggestions?
Do you want to help me?
Just tell me what you think.

1. Upload

- a bit Terrain
- planecrash Cinematic

Attachments

• Flight01.jpg
    Flight01.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IslandCompleteEditor01.jpg
    IslandCompleteEditor01.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 278
  • Mountain With Waterfall 01.jpg
    Mountain With Waterfall 01.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 728
  • Island Survival 1.01.w3x
    224.2 KB · Views: 141
  • AntiqueTemple01.jpg
    AntiqueTemple01.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 260
Level 9
I noticed that too xD but yea if you could make your own models? (if you know how) You should make a stick (hive has a torch) rock etc. And use this model for the survivor if you like it. Model hes rigged to hold an attachment not shooting but hitting. (I'm using him in my RPG)

Level 11
Storm, flood, vulkano, earthquake, anchestral ghosts there are endless possibilities for events

Level 9
lol. you gotta be fucking kidding me. you played o(x_x)o's island survivors map and was like "HEY THIS IS COOL, IM GONNA STEAL THIS IDEA!"

second stolen map concept YAY! i love the hive!

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 4
I like the idea of the ruins on the Island. In that idea it opens up a lot of ideas that could be added to your map to enrich not only the fun, but the story, which is something I find missing in most survival games.

If you've ever played an Ice Troll Tribes or Jungle Troll Tribes, you would know what I'm talking about. If not, I'll explain what I mean. Basically, all you're told is that you're a troll stuck on an island in the middle of who-knows-where with the need to kill the rest of the Trolls on the island.

You've already set up why you're stuck on this island, which is a great improvement over most maps, and now I think you can go further. There's a temple. Who made it? What happened to them? Did they die, are they still around? If they aren't, what happened, and will it happen to the survivors? If they are, are they friendly? These are all things that could be subtly introduced which would, for me, add fun to it. There could be some virus on the island that slowly kills off everyone, and that would be what happened to the last inhabitants. Or, although you want to make it realistic, something paranormal could be on the island. Paranormality is something that happens in people's real lives, if we choose to believe it, and so you could draw on that.

Anyways, my two cents, here's to hoping that you take this map far!

Level 12
Not bad,you need more sound effect and some storm effect and rain in cinematic...
Also survivors can be damaged on start becouse they fall from plane :)
You can made that when their hit points is over 50% they look normal and when
is under 50% they look bloody...,is very easy to make :)

Level 9
why would anyone delete my post without comment?

is it not perfecetly "legal" for the author of a map conecpt to complain when his very map is being copied and remade without his permission in the most ridiculous way?

look for o(x_x)o's island survivors
maybe you get some inspiration mr. author

Level 4
oxxo, in case you don't know, the first Survival-style map on this Database is from March 6th, 2005. Your map was uploaded September 9th, 2006. According to the minuscule amounts of logic that you've shown us in this thread, you 'stole' their idea, and yet you still expect people to love your map. However, you hate this map for stealing your idea?

Anyways, has there been any updates chilla? I was thinking for the hunting system, you could modify a shockwave so it "throws" a spear model instead and could only target ground. This way, if you were attempting to hunt something and the prey started running, you couldn't merely click on it and auto-kill it, but you would have to aim ahead of the prey and nail it.

What are you thinking for ways to win the map? Helicopter/Water-landing-planes are two obvious ways to get rescued that come to mind, but what if you made it random? After however long, there's one out of so many different endings that happens, each with something challenging that needs to be completed before you can win?

Here's one I've been mulling over for a couple minutes: Pirates. Not cannons and skullz 'n crossbonez pirates, the world has moved past that, but pirates nonetheless. Really, they could be drug/arms smugglers. Anyways, they come in their ship and hide out in a cove on the island. The survivors need to kill the pirates in order to steal their ship, but are unable to go toe-to-toe with the gun-wielding foes for long. They would need to use clever tactics such as baiting individuals into traps to be ambushed and speared to death, and other such ideas, to get to the boat.

Another two cents, you're going to be able to buy a gum-ball soon.

EDIT: I've been looking at your screen-shots, and realized the one thing that really bugs me:eek:penness. The entire map is almost completely clear of movement impairing features, such as deep water, cliffs, really big rock piles. I understand that this is just a desert island they crashed on, but having things that make people take longer routes to get to Point A to Point B will make players think. Do they really have time to keep searching for wood for an axe, or do they need to get back to their shelter and restore their <insert needed stats here>, because they know they have to go around the Pool of Tranquil Death and climb the Mountain of Peril. Corny names aside, I hope you get what I mean.

BTW, I do like some of the terrain shots that are done so far (excluding the thing I posted above). The water hole is one of my favorite shots so far (perhaps the middle of the pool should be lowered a bit farther? I have no idea). Keep it up!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
why would anyone delete my post without comment?
You're right, who on the world would do such a thing? I'm pretty sure I gave you one:
oxxo said:
second stolen map concept YAY! i love the hive!
[highlight](-2)[/code] Stop the demagoguery. The Hive has nothing to do with people copying concepts. Plus, do not swear.

Level 31
Thanks for those many great ideas. I think I will do these event with the pirates. An illness i will add, too, maybe if you eat meat of some special animal. I will add also an event of cannibals who try to kill the survivors.
I want to add a panther atack while night. I do some terrain upgrade.
I will improve the plane crash cinematic.
Rep for all with these creative wonderful ideas.

Level 9
oxxo Im making a rpg map so that means I'm copying the crapload of other people who make them? Also I understand why your defending your map but really you can't say someone is copying you when the map is like yours a bit .

Level 31
o_O rep?

Ok, heres some ideas xD

Maybe tide that makes the water raise, and give smaller place on the island. If your base is near the beach, it will get flooded. All loose items will be lost, and the buildnings will take some damage? Maybe after a tide, animals like crabs and jellyfishes lies on the beach?

Is this possible with triggers?
If yes it's an AWESOME idea. +rep ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.