• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is Warcraft III dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well public DotAs is not really 'that' serious. The thing is, people rage at you because what is obvious for them, e.g. having a little map awareness, might not be obvious for you, which they find annoying as it is 'easy' for them to have/do. But as soon as you get a little understandment of DotA its not that hard. It is just different from the standard Wc3 because heroes have less life but more damage, which requires you to be even more carefully. Also on my niveau publics that you find in gamelist is not serious at all, and even the good people there ain't good. If you want like 'serious' publics then I suggest going dotalicious or dota-league.

I disliked DotA once too, but as everyone played it, so did I. Ofc I got flamed for being a noob, but you just have to ignore it and play on, because it is really fun as soon as you got the hang of it.

Level 17
^ That's bullshit.

To be a professional you don't need to create something new - you just need masterful execution.
Sure it may help to create something new but unless you can pull it off properly like the cookie cutter moves there's no point in using it.

Level 19
Anyways, the main goal of DotA isn't to kill, it's more of who gets to destroy a building first. So yeah, to me somebody who's "Pro" would probably find the best way to do it, kills doesn't really matter so much, they just help a little.

But anyways, back on topic.

I do believe that Warcraft III could live for a very long time (Forever, in my opinion), because of the many games that already exist in it, as well as the many ones to come.

Newer communities have emerged and they plan to make modding even better in Warcraft III, so I'd like to say that this is just a single phase in it's long lifespan (Just like the player boom and DotA phase earlier), it has a rather bright future to me:)

Level 12
Anyways, the main goal of DotA isn't to kill, it's more of who gets to destroy a building first. So yeah, to me somebody who's "Pro" would probably find the best way to do it, kills doesn't really matter so much, they just help a little.

Sorry for going off-topic but this is not true at all. Kills is prolly the most important factor of the game. Killing gives you gold meanwhile it makes the killed guy lose gold. Pushing and destroying towers is good also idd. But kills is most of the time more important.

Level 12
You can hardly push when its 5on5. Thats why you have to gank one or two of them before trying the push.

Well you can do something called a push-strategy, where you pick 5 heroes that of course is a good lineup, but also are pretty good pushers e.g. Pugna, Furion etc. That way you can prevent the team from stopping your push because you are too powerful and they will die if they try to kill you. But most of the time this will fail or their lineup will beat you longer ingame so the pushing team has to end kind of soon (20-30 min)

For fast-game pushing, if ur on pretty equal level or higher level than your opponent, a team like Leshrac,pugna,furion,krobelus and someone else is pretty good...

but if ur on a really lower level than ur opponents, its pretty much not doable... because they would surely be expecting what ur trying to do with that line-up

Level 27
^ That's bullshit.

To be a professional you don't need to create something new - you just need masterful execution.
Sure it may help to create something new but unless you can pull it off properly like the cookie cutter moves there's no point in using it.

I think pro means you use a lot less of thinking to do tasks that a noob or amateur would have to think about. pro's do everything so swiftly because it has become a natural thing for them to do leaving them with a lot more time of figuring out other things that they could do. And there has actually been a research to this kind of thing regarding professionals ^^

Level 2
Hey hey, this is not a dota discussion thread, back to the topic, warcraft 3 will prolly die when starcraft 2 becomes what warcraft 3 is now. Warcraft 3 would not die that quickly, but its inevitable.

All games must die eventually, but some live longer than others.

It's dieing, but there are a few custom game clans around.
IMO Blizzard should merge all servers to U.S. East, and dedicate West or Europe to DotA.
Which is sad, really.

SC2 -> Graphics
SC2 -> Engine
SC2 -> Instant fill games
WC3 -> Custom Maps
WC3 -> Gameplay
WC3 -> Playerbase / Clans / Chat channels

And to say WC3 died due to anything other than SC2 is moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.