• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Is this a bug or nice exploit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Has anyone experienced this exploit? In my map (still troubles to run it in a campaign and with the game cache in single player map, hoping for good advice) I refer also to several Fantasy stories. So I use the invisibility cloak from Harry Potter and the Ring of Power from LOTR. Both make the hero invisible. But guess what: If a hero carries both, he is basically also invincible (not beeing attacked, though recognized by the computer player) I can move the hero into his base and go for a coffee, when coming back the enemy is finished. Strange, funny and handy - especially to test if a new trigger is working, etc.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I assume you're talking about the Permanent Invisibility ability.

If you are, it sounds like the fade time is bugging out, preventing the unit from being revealed. If I remember correctly, setting the abilities duration to 0 will cause this same effect. It's weird that having 2 of these abilities would cause this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.