• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Is there any way to make a single unit animation play faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want to use an imported model. The imported model's scaling value is very small by default, probably to makes its file size smaller or something. When I upscale it to be the correct size and match other units, this causes his walk animation to play very slowly. It's like he's ice skating along the ground to walk. He takes like one step per 600 units of movement.

I am aware of the trigger action to change animation speed and could increase it, but this applies to all animations and would make his other animations play too quickly.

Level 11
Two fields you'll want to look at in the Object Editor:

Animation - Walk Speed
Animation - Run Speed

I don't know which is used (do any units ever "walk"?) but I'm certain I've used it in the past to deliberately get the ice skating effect. Presumably you can undo it as well.

Level 7
Thanks for the feedback, that did it. Making the field a smaller number makes the walk animation play faster.

In the past, I thought this field was only used to choose the speed a unit changes from its walk to its walk fast animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.