• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it worth patching to 1.30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2019-2-18_17-24-58.png

Level 11
I'm sorry but I don't get it. How come your editor opens with "Warcraft III Retera" in the window? You couldn't have pre-purchased this :p

Level 15
The fact that there aren't as many new maps as I would of expected
after the new patches has been an indicator to me atleast that
the patches aren't that worth it. There might be some really
good maps past 1.26a that I haven't played.

The player cap past 12 is the biggest change to me personally,
and rarely have I witnessed a 12 player brawl... except dota 1
back in the warcraft 3 days, but even that is 10 players.
Can't really imagine what use is beyond 12 players,
not only performance or netcode wise, but which maps
except online rpg's benefit from this? Would you play a
20 man melee map? I wouldn't. But that's me.

I still need to try it, but from the looks of it,
its better to just wait for Reforged and see
if the editor is worth it. And the game.

Guys you need to try risk 24 players (on the latest patch). I also imagine lots of strategy maps have room for more players such as Azeroth Wars and the like. The problem with many player slots is that if the game is hard to fill it can be a curse. This however, is not a problem with risk as it isn't faction based and you can start with 2 players just as well as you could start with more.

Most new maps are only updates of old ones with reforge in the name and added 24 player support. On the other hand, most maps hosted on BNet are made by regular GUI users so they are limited in what they can acomplish with the new patch anyway.

I would love to play a 24 man melee map. Damn it where is the Ice Crow remake?!

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Damn son, I was right.
But I still don't understand - is this your hacked warcraft ? Or is this pre-reforged world editor?
Also grats on pre-purchasing reforged!

Also wow, changing the head of models with another.
I'm not gonna lie, that looks really kickass.

Guys you need to try risk 24 players (on the latest patch). I also imagine lots of strategy maps have room for more players such as Azeroth Wars and the like. The problem with many player slots is that if the game is hard to fill it can be a curse. This however, is not a problem with risk as it isn't faction based and you can start with 2 players just as well as you could start with more.

Most new maps are only updates of old ones with reforge in the name and added 24 player support. On the other hand, most maps hosted on BNet are made by regular GUI users so they are limited in what they can acomplish with the new patch anyway.

I would love to play a 24 man melee map. Damn it where is the Ice Crow remake?!

I guess you would play a 24 man melee map.
To each their own.

I still don't think 24 melee maps are gonna become a thing.
Not that is impossible to gather 23 other people online, but
it would be hard.

The video I posted was made using photoshopping techniques. It's not a hacked editor because it doesn't even exist. Watch again and consider these points:

1. The number of programs pretending to be the world editor and using the world editor icon on the taskbar changes at seemingly random video frames
  2. The Object Editor and Model Editor shown, up in the toolbar, have a blue Mana stones icon that is depressed in the Model Editor window as though it were the button to open Model Editor. However this button is missing on the Terrain Editor
  3. The name of the application is very inconsistent. It pops up a window on startup that has the Reforged logo, but it is photoshopped to say `Retera` instead of `Reforged`. The text below it says, "Welcome to WarCraft III World Editor" but the title bar at the top of the program says "WarCraft III: Reforged World Editor"
  4. After I finish making the Arthas model with a knight head, and I return to the object editor, if you freezeframe the video you can see my photoshopped object editor model chooser on top of the real one, whose edges show on the left and right hand sides. After I press OK on that popup, the custom Footman unit is using the model path "war3mapImported\Bandarthas.mdx" even though this was never entered into the program during the video
  5. When I go to the Model Editor, I started from an Object Editor look alike whose scroll bar uses a different visual theme and who shows abilities as rawcode IDs, like defend on the Footman, and shows True and False as "true" and "false" in lower case because it is a totally separate program. Later when I close the Model Editor, the real object editor shows and no longer has the Mana stones icon on the toolbar
  6. Because that "Art - Model File" popup is separate video recording of a do-nothing GUI overlayed on the Object Editor, I had to carefully tap Archimonde then Arthas to match with the separate video recording that plays cropped on the left hand side as though it were the model preview. Even so, the frames don't line up, and the Archimonde and Arthas models swap in after Abomination at unrealistic points in time that don't match the mouse
  7. The mouse jumps when I "paste" the Footman cost stats onto the Knight, because I was carless when I paused the recording, changed all the stats one by one, and started recording and photoshopping it again
  8. At the end of the video, when I minimize the WarCraft III game and keep talking, the clock time on Windows has changed to a completely different day, highlighting how the video has been stitched together from multiple recordings over time
No offense meant by a video that is such a fake, but I imagined it would be a funny parody of myself. It's a video of what I want, not what I have.

Last edited:
Level 11
Oh, I thought it was a modified version of the editor that you made (like WEX or something like that), which would have explained the logo with 'Retera' on it :p
Well done on the video. Despite the issues you listed, you fooled me nicely (and I'm disappointed this editor does not exist - yet)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

The video I posted was made using photoshopping techniques. It's not a hacked editor because it doesn't even exist. Watch again and consider these points:

1. The number of programs pretending to be the world editor and using the world editor icon on the taskbar changes at seemingly random video frames
  2. The Object Editor and Model Editor shown, up in the toolbar, have a blue Mana stones icon that is depressed in the Model Editor window as though it were the button to open Model Editor. However this button is missing on the Terrain Editor
  3. The name of the application is very inconsistent. It pops up a window on startup that has the Reforged logo, but it is photoshopped to say `Retera` instead of `Reforged`. The text below it says, "Welcome to WarCraft III World Editor" but the title bar at the top of the program says "WarCraft III: Reforged World Editor"
  4. After I finish making the Arthas model with a knight head, and I return to the object editor, if you freezeframe the video you can see my photoshopped object editor model chooser on top of the real one, whose edges show on the left and right hand sides. After I press OK on that popup, the custom Footman unit is using the model path "war3mapImported\Bandarthas.mdx" even though this was never entered into the program during the video
  5. When I go to the Model Editor, I started from an Object Editor look alike whose scroll bar uses a different visual theme and who shows abilities as rawcode IDs, like defend on the Footman, and shows True and False as "true" and "false" in lower case because it is a totally separate program. Later when I close the Model Editor, the real object editor shows and no longer has the Mana stones icon on the toolbar
  6. Because that "Art - Model File" popup is separate video recording of a do-nothing GUI overlayed on the Object Editor, I had to carefully tap Archimonde then Arthas to match with the separate video recording that plays cropped on the left hand side as though it were the model preview. Even so, the frames don't line up, and the Archimonde and Arthas models swap in after Abomination at unrealistic points in time that don't match the mouse
  7. The mouse jumps when I "paste" the Footman cost stats onto the Knight, because I was carless when I paused the recording, changed all the stats one by one, and started recording and photoshopping it again
  8. At the end of the video, when I minimize the WarCraft III game and keep talking, the clock time on Windows has changed to a completely different day, highlighting how the video has been stitched together from multiple recordings over time
No offense meant by a video that is such a fake, but I imagined it would be a funny parody of myself. It's a video of what I want, not what I have.

No offense taken, had no idea it was a fake.
Not that your points aren't valid, but I didn't think
it didn't exist therefor, didn't think to disprove you on it.

Well done on the video editing :D

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

But the point stands that 1.30 doesn't have that stuff yet. We need to get them to add it

Well besides making noise on the internet and showing polls and blogs,
I don't know how can we "get em" to do anything. Which is cool,
there should be a thread and a poll for ideas to be added or wished and
share it with Blizzard in some way or fashion.

Level 2
I still have my old 1.27b version of warcraft.
If am not patching, its possible to play a map that made by 1.30 world editor in 1.27b ?

Level 2
Some of them. You might encounter bugs and won't be able to play those which use more than 12 players at all.

I only play custom campaign. Also i read in previous post no more ambient sound in 1.27b, is it true ? If so, is this have big impact to gameplay or i can just ignore it ?

@WeirdEditor @Noob Mher If our feedbacks are not read at all, they will not care about the chaos desync brought at 1.30 patch which by now is mostly gone (some exist, but they're working on it). In addition, 1.30 brings the long-needed buff stacking that has been an issue with altered melee for ages.

I'd say it's not the best but calling 1.30 a piece of crap won't help to make it better. If people use PTR when Blizz launch the PTR, many bugs can be averted beforehand.

Most of our finest campaigns are shifting to rely on 1.29 or 1.30 patch, sticking on the older patch will isolate you from these fine works of art (and no, don't expect them to shift back as 1.29 brings 24p support and the new natives). Many recent maps are relying on 24p supports as well. The best solution is to have multiple versions on your disk, at least 1.28 1.29 1.30 (and 1.26 if you need memhack or for sake of dota1 community or both).

@OtongFTW I suggest backup 1.27 and patch to 1.30. This way you can use both versions and get the most out of the maps out there.

Level 2
@Daffa the Mage Damn i just updated to 1.30 today, but i only play Warcraft to play custom campaign and never play battlenet at all. So it's fine to use 1.30?

@Battleborn what if i only play custom campaign ? does it still crap ?

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I tried to use the latest patches and all, re-installed game 3 times.
I get in-game for about 10-15 seconds, then it freezes and crashes.
The error I get is: AppHangB1 for which I found only one wc3 situation,
tried the result (typing -opengl on a shortcut) but didn't work.

@Storm Knight has been trying to find a solution to this, but he pointed out
that my 4 GB Ram is no longer viable ... for warcraft 3???? I can run WoW on
medium but wc3 freezes and crashes.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I also have 4GB ram and there is no such freezes or crashes on the lastest patch. What patches did you try? Last patch (1.31.1) fixed a good amount of instabilities.

I installed up to latest patch, with CD KEY installation through the old bnet launcher.
I tried other copies of the installer, some installed faster than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.