• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is it possible to lower the size of the storm bolt's missle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi i created a custom spell, that uses storm bolt, i gave storm bolt's custom missle but the model of it is definitely too big. can i lower it somehow? i know its a scaled with the size of the caster. the caster is big and has to be big. how can i scale the storm bolt's missle or maybe is there any alternative way? i thought of lowering the scaling value of the caster in game but increasing it in model editor.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
^Like noob said, units in the Object Editor have a "Scaling Value" which determines their size. They also have a checkbox next to this field that says "Art - Scale Projectiles". With that set to TRUE, the projectiles will be scaled by the unit's scaling value.

So a unit with a Scaling Value of 0.50, with Scale Projectiles set to True, will fire a Storm Bolt with 1/2 the normal size.

Status
Not open for further replies.