• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible? Collect Blizzard ladder data in real time by modifying the [gluemanager.js] file

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're familiar with Quenching's custom campaign feature or my previous post, you might understand better what I'm talking about.

In the previous post I modified [war3.w3mod\ui\campaigninforeforged.txt] to add a new official campaign, and modified [war3.w3mod\webui\gluemanager.js] to add media support for the new official campaign. By modifying these two files, we have approximately added custom campaign functionality.

As you probably know,[war3.w3mod\webui\index.html] is the main menu page, and [war3.w3mod\webui\gluemanager.js] manages the style and logic of the main menu.

If you extract the entire webui folder locally, you can even open it with a browser, you can turn on the developer mode of the browser and try editing the CSS, or try doing something with the console.
unknown.png

I think [gluemanager.js] has great potential, but I am not a professional web engineer, I think I may not be able to make good use of this file.

Recently, Blizzard released 1.33 with a ladder feature. I started re-reading [gluemanager.js] and found the following code. ↓

unknown1.png

I don't really understand how this code works, but I'm guessing it's reading the leaderboard data.

So, I guess here we might be able to add some code to get and send the celestial leaderboard data to a local location, organized into Excel or a database?

I wish I had the chance to implement a site like wc3maps.com, but counting ladder data instead of custom maps.

I'm not a professional programmer, I've only learned a little basics of C, JAVA, Python, HTML+CSS+Javascript in college courses.

Anyway, if you are interested in this, please let me know.

Attachments

• 1.33gluemanager-beautify.js.zip
    777.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Level 17
That's possibly not the best place to look for getting the leaderboard data, instead, I would recommend checking the GetLeaderboardData call to query data, and use the UpdateLeaderboardData callback to read the data back, UpdateLeaderboardData can be used even if you don't call for data, by just manually going to the leaderboard window

Status
Not open for further replies.