• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is Illidan dead?

Is Illidan Dead

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I just realized in the recent "Arthas vs. Illidan" that someone said that Illidan was "badly injured at the end of TFT". I thought the dude was dead?

Level 5
you is a foo' hes not dead. hes Immortal. all of the nightelves gave there immortality to the world tree. but he didnt because he didnt feel like it :wink: therefore he lives on :D

Level 7
I thought it was Furion's decision alone, to give up all units of the NE race's immortality - I say he is dead - Kil'Jaeden has been stalled, and is now searching for a new puppet - Sylvanas? She has become mighty strong, since Arthas left for Northrend. Or maybe he manages to corrupt Kael - and then some serious story could unfold in the outlands between the peacefull drenai, and the revengefull blood elves - come on, that alliance is so not going to last

Level 5
Ya, the whole immortal thing would affect the race, not the person. He's dead and buried. And... guess what, Arthas is soo strong now that he probably won't turn Illidan into an undead minion and just leave him. HEE HEE

Level 11
Silly DragonElemental, Trix are for loremasters.(which I am)

"Even weakened as he was, Arthas ultimately outmaneuvered Illidan and reached the Frozen Throne first. Using his runeblade, Frostmourne, Arthas shattered the Lich King's icy prison and thereby released Ner'zhul's enchanted helm and breastplate. Arthas placed the unimaginably powerful helm on his head and became the new Lich King. Ner'zhul and Arthas' spirits fused into a single mighty being, just as Ner'zhul had always planned. Illidan and his troops were forced to flee back to Outland in disgrace, while Arthas became one of the most powerful entities the world had ever known."

Directly from the official Blizzard history page found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/chapter5.html

If you wish to look for yourself, it's at the bottom of the page.

Level 5
Lord Finarfin said:
Silly DragonElemental, Trix are for loremasters.(which I am)

"Even weakened as he was, Arthas ultimately outmaneuvered Illidan and reached the Frozen Throne first. Using his runeblade, Frostmourne, Arthas shattered the Lich King's icy prison and thereby released Ner'zhul's enchanted helm and breastplate. Arthas placed the unimaginably powerful helm on his head and became the new Lich King. Ner'zhul and Arthas' spirits fused into a single mighty being, just as Ner'zhul had always planned. Illidan and his troops were forced to flee back to Outland in disgrace, while Arthas became one of the most powerful entities the world had ever known."

Directly from the official Blizzard history page found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/chapter5.html

If you wish to look for yourself, it's at the bottom of the page.

HA! I AM L337 SMART! =)

Level 11
Actually you said he wasn't dead because of the Night Elven immortality, which is rather irelevant. Even the Night Elves can be killed in battle.(unless they're using cheat codes.) Just wanted to straighten that out. :wink:

Level 3
Lol

You guys should of known that,
You should also know the dark iron dwarves unleashed the fire lords.

Besides even without the lore, everyone forgets that kil'jaden > lich king, the only thing keeping him the **** outta Azeroth is he can still sense medivh,
Don’t believe me just let me grab my war 2 manual *searches through EXTREMLY dusty bookcase* ah here it is:
Narrated by Gul'dan of the Shadow Council
I sought the counsel of Kil'jaeden about this presence. He also was touched by this power - a power that was beyond any he had ever experienced before. Whether it was the image of a force so awesome that it could cause the baneful daemon to actually fear, or own trepidation, I fled - moving aimlessly through the twisting nether for what seemed like an eternity - {pg 55, The mastery of Forces - Medivh and Blackhand, half way down the page, warcraft 2 manual.}
I had a teacher who always wanted quotes like that so now I do it all the time.

Level 7
Bleah.. don't tell me - they are gonna let Illidan and Arthas/LichKing create some sort of unholy alliance, as Kil'Jeaden manipulates Kael and the Bloodelf, along with the Dranei, and furthermore allies himself with Sylvanas, since Kil'Jeaden wants the Lich King dead, and she wants Arthas dead, and even more so, has an entirely new race, the Dark Iron Dwarfs. So two new oppositions arises, and the Human remnants and the Horde Alliance in Durobar and Thunderbluffs, along with the Night Elves and the Alliance, stands as a victim of this final epic clash, and is forced to either choose side, or destroy the victortius outcome of the battle, if they are able to work out thier differencies - even the goblins finally choose to participate, and not just make a profit on everyone, but actually pops up with mighty warmachines, and enhances the whole alliance with superb engienering. .... - That leaves the Pandearan Race, who ultimately, is gonna harvest the spoils of war, and lay the foundation of a whole new peacefull harmonic community, and they will be the dominant race in the years to come, but in every city you will see humans, pandearans, orcs and goblins, throlls, dwarfs, night elves and gnomes alike, in perfect harmony, getting along just swell ^^

- or maybe not, but it is a thought

Level 7
@GreyArchon - no, the official story? BleAH, that sucks, I'm much better at making up stories ^^;

@Konblade - meeh, then I'm gonna kill him when I go online, and THEN the Pandearans can create thier peacefull society ^^

Level 5
1. Where did these Dark Iron Dwarves come from all the sudden?
2. Bla! If Illidan isn't dead now he will be. HEWILLBE! MUHAHAHA! *Ahem, cough*

Level 7
so you state the obvious, you sinn... no, allright j/k :wink:

but seriously, something I really doubt now that I come to think of it @Konblade - if peeps saw him in the game, why didn't they hunt him down, kill him in a slow and painfull way (I.e. scattering his intestines all over the world, he is a big guy, and have Kobolds use them as a tunnel network) :roll: isn't that wiiiiieeeeeerd?

Status
Not open for further replies.