• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iron Marine by Epsilon

Well.... i´ve learnt a lot in this web so i made my own model.... THANKS HIVE!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED
-Improved UV mapping
-New face

------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED
-Some more team color
-New portrait camera
-New screenshot

Keywords:
marine, iron, war, warrior, robot, android, droid, soldier, fire, cannon
Contents

Iron Marine by Epsilon (Model)

Reviews
00:19, 14th Jun 2009 shamanyouranus: A bit odd, but very awesome. Nice use of ingame textures and stuff.

M

00:19, 14th Jun 2009
shamanyouranus: A bit odd, but very awesome. Nice use of ingame textures and stuff.

Level 26
quite good model.But:
1. give it a real face.it will drastically improve the quality of your model
2. the unwrap could need some improvements at some places.(chest for example)
3. maybe making the dust particles in the walk animation a bit smaller
4. maybe some more teamcolor to break the monotone of this model

oh and what I like about your model is the extra gun for the spell animation

Level 25
1.- I wanted to make some kind of robot... So I´ll try to make some kind of metalic face
2.- I´ll improve te chest =)
3.- Dust particle in the walk animation are like that because in game they don´t look so nice...
4.- I agree with you... I´ll make something about that

Thanks for your opinions!

(I´m argentinian... I´m not the best in english =\)

i first saw this and i was like, "reskin? who f is this guy!"
then i dled and i as like "ohhhh(sound of appreciation) this is some cool ass model ^_^" like what you did with the rifle. the texture looks nice
should make the glows on the chest billboarded like the headligh. and like DonDustin said, fix the wrap up a bit.

i like the helmet. looks very "jango fett"
you know if you put a red particle emitter on the eye, it would really look like a cyorg

Level 6
Well i think this needs a screenshot where you can see the whole model instead of the head only :p

Level 11
If you guys judge by screenshots, then you phail.

Nice model, and I like the idea Pyramidhead pointed out, add a red particle to his eye. Love what you did with the gun and overall a nice model. Now works on the things that Dondustin pointed out, expecially the team colour.

Well some do... its sad but, well most of the people, so I'm suggesting him to put batter screenshot, and more people will download it, and maybe use.

But this isn't so important. Just trying to help :) . I did not say here that you said this to me. I mean generally.

Level 25
quite good model.But:
1. give it a real face.it will drastically improve the quality of your model
2. the unwrap could need some improvements at some places.(chest for example)
3. maybe making the dust particles in the walk animation a bit smaller
4. maybe some more teamcolor to break the monotone of this model

oh and what I like about your model is the extra gun for the spell animation
1. OK
2. I think it´s ok.... Did I forget someting in this part?
3. It´s suposed to be heavy.. It´s made of iron.... Look at the Uber splat in the death animation
4. Look at the shoulders

Level 26
1. OK
2. I think it´s ok.... Did I forget someting in this part?
3. It´s suposed to be heavy.. It´s made of iron.... Look at the Uber splat in the death animation
4. Look at the shoulders

you already replied to my comment some time ago ^.^
well....here is an update of my review:
I really like the team colored shooting. But I think the team color on the shoulder would look better when it would not just be the tc texture applied to the geoset, but like the way you did the shoot tc. (maybe tinker robot texture??)
The unwrap is fine now. And the dust particles were just a minor point, but which was fine overall :>

But I still think that a better head would make it look better, because the current one is really low poly without any detail. But the face wrap could be still the same then. :)

Level 3
:nemor:Misha has a point. I like it how the dust blows when he walks, though that might be wierd when he walks in a marbel city.... any way. I think his armor might be a little too much of 1 shade/tint. I would kind of darken it or lighten it a little bit more. Also, iron marine... add some dents on his armor to make him look more dangerowz
~me:nemor:

Level 3
Oh an mamcarz... this is kind of stupid to notice and post on this, but I notiz your post under what you call et sayz "And How do you import a spell from this site to my map?" sorry... yea the spells are mapz...You edit-copy- the spell,units,buffs,triggers into your map 1 by 1. Sorry for sudden change of subject ;o